As a swimming pool owner, you obviously want your property last as long as possible, because it’s a big big investment. Sure you must pick the proper pool pump and filter for your system. That will help your swimming pool system run smoothier, your pool stay more cleansing, and control the quantiity of chemicals you have to cut down and put into your pool. Your pool will operate at maximum efficiency and your pipes can be prevented destroying from huge water pressure. When you buy the exact pool pump and filter at the first time, you can avoid a lot of huge problems for years.
Filter for Your Swimming Pool
- First, you need to measure your pool. Length, width, and depth information of your pool are what you need to measure. If you do not have exact measure tools, you can use your foot. And the real depth of your pool’s water level must be measured too. Do not use the unreal depth which your pool is holding.
- Multiplying length by width to calculate the surface area of the pool.
- Now you need to know the quantity of gallons of water you swimming pool keeps. That depends on your pool’s shape. If you pool is rectangular, this formula is helpful : Determining the Average Depth, (shallow end + Deep End / 2 = AD). Rectangle Pool Gallons (Length x Width x AD x 7.5 = Gallons. (There are 7.5 gallons in a cubic foot of water)(1′ length, 1′ width, 1′ volume = 7.5 gallons multiply surface area by depth by 7.9. But if you pool is not exactly rectangular, you need a pool volume measurement online. You can decide the volume of swimming, even another shapes.
- In every eight hours you need to circulate the water in your pool. To do this, you must figure out the minium low rate by taking the number of gallons of water which you pool keeps and divides it by 8. Then keep dividing it by 60. The result is the number you need.
- In the next step, figuring out the maximum flow rate, which is determined by the size of the pipes. 33 inche pipes with 150 gallons per minute, 2 inch pipes with 73 gallons er minute , and 1.5 inch pipes with 45 gallons per minute.
- Using the pool surface area and consulting an online filter sizing chart to pick the right pool filter up.
- Which do you want? A diatomaceous earth (DE) filter, sand filter, or cartridge filter? DE filters gets pool water cleanest but also have the higest price. Cartridge filters can last 2 to 4 years if you clean it every 4 to 6 months. And it’s convenient to maintain. Sand filter are the cheapest, but they do not operate as well as the others.
- You must guarantee that the maximum flow rate you want fits the size of your pool pump by checking the manufature’s specifications.
- Choosing the largest filter which your pool and pump can contain to maintain easier. Let’s think, a bigger filter will clean the pool faster, better, and you will do less work on your part.
If you have problems or questions about choosing the best pool pump and filter system for your pool, please contact us. We will give you the best advices to help you select the right items which you need.