There are many compelling reasons to invest in an infrared sauna this year in addition to the obvious, sheer relaxation and pleasure of stepping into a warm sauna. Infrared saunas utilize modern ingenuity and state-of-the-art design to release radiant heat; safer and more effective than steam-producing saunas while still offering the same benefits.
Stepping into an infrared sauna is a convenient, private, rejuvenating and cleansing experience that you can enjoy from the comfort of your own home to get a much-needed dose of warmth and relaxation, benefiting your mind and body.
Table of Contents
- 1 Top 7 Infrared Saunas Reviewed
- 2 Things to Consider About Infrared Saunas
- 3 Conclusion
Top 7 Infrared Saunas Reviewed
A wide variety of competitively-priced infrared saunas are available for purchase. The perfect model depends on what you want.
Do you like the scent of aromatic hemlock wood, or are you more interested in air purity? Do you want a sauna with a built-in audio system so that you can listen to music? Are you looking for a model that’s big enough for two?
Seven of the most popular options are reviewed here to help you make an informed decision.
1. JNH Lifestyles Joyous Model
- Made with 100% Canadian hemlock wood; carefully constructed
- Specially designed heating zones that stimulate muscle and alleviate joint pain
- 2-year manufacturer’s warranty; lifetime tech support with the purchase
- Some difficulty with installation reported
The JNH Lifestyles Joyous model is a moderately-priced option built for one that boasts a wide array of advanced features. Professional assembly and installation costs extra; putting the unit together yourself can be somewhat challenging, but most customer reviews described assembly and installation as relatively simple.
The sauna’s design is a sleek blend of glass and wood. It operates efficiently and safely, releasing zoned heating designed for optimal comfort. The audio system also received high praise in several customer reviews.
Overall, the JNH Lifestyles Joyous model is user-friendly, well-built, easy to use and offers superb comfort and relaxation.
2. Radiant Saunas 1-2 Person Infrared Sauna Room
- Relieves joint and muscle pain while eliminating toxins from body
- Sleek, unobtrusive design; bronze-tinted glass doors for extra privacy
- Low EMF carbon heaters
- Some concern about how comfortably two adults would fit inside the snug space
Radiant Saunas has done an excellent job of designing an attractive sauna that is eye-catching, with its bronze-tinted glass doors, hypoallergenic hemlock wood and ergonomic interior.
The interior is built for two (a claim which was questioned in a few customer reviews). However, there were no complaints about claustrophobia or discomfort; rather, the unit received excellent marks across the board for overall comfort.
Several customers wrote that the sauna helps them to maintain their blood pressure. For others, benefits include burning extra calories, detoxifying and cleansing the body, lowering stress and alleviating joint and muscle pain.
3. Empava Infrared Dry Sauna Room
- Comfortably fits up to three people
- Carbon fiber heating panels (eight in total) that release FAR heat technology
- LED touch-control console
- Full Bluetooth capability, state-of-the-art audio system, reading lights, air ionizer
- Assembly instructions are reportedly somewhat difficult to follow
Empava has offered a wonderful way to safely enjoy the benefits of a sauna while catching up on your reading, listening to your favorite podcast, or simply escaping from the stresses of daily life in a serene, tranquil, luxurious environment.
The Empava is fully loaded with advanced features and it easy to use. It is user-friendly and easy to use. It is programmable to your specifications and personal preferences, from the temperature inside the sauna to the heating zones of the bench that release muscle tension.
Empava has done extremely careful work in engineering and designing a sauna that is healthy, luxurious, comfortable, safe and a breeze to use and maintain.
4. JNH Lifestyles ENSI – Limited Edition
- Gorgeous design; stunning double-wood Canadian hemlock paneling
- Bluetooth functionality, dual speakers, LED display
- 3-year manufacturer’s warranty; lifetime tech support
- Incredible heat insulation
- Some questions about zero EMF production as advertised
The JNH ENSI is a beautiful piece of woodwork in and of itself. While it can be easily assembled and placed virtually anywhere in your home unobtrusively and without taking up much space, you may choose to put it somewhere where it can be shown off.
The glass doors and hemlock wood are accented with LED lighting. The audio system is powerful and efficient. The system itself works quietly, with very little mechanical buzzing reported.
The JNH ENSI heats up quickly and safely, with minimal EMF production. The heat stays safely inside the sauna, which is carefully insulated. Overall, the ENSI offers a superior sense of luxury, a high-end experience akin to that offered by a spa, that will leave you feeling detoxed, relaxed, peaceful and centered.
5. Radiant Saunas BSA2406 with Chromotherapy
- Chromotherapy lighting
- Five heating units
- Ionic air purifier
- Backrests and towel hooks for added convenience
- Not suitable for outdoor use
The Radiant Saunas BSA2406 is designed to offer a blissful escape from the dark winter months. Special lighting illuminates the interior of the room, reducing stress and helping to reduce the symptoms of Seasonal Affective Disorder.
Radiant Saunas has truly thought of everything with the BSA2406. From a CD holder to a magazine rack, towel hooks, and backrests, you will be amazed. Enjoy an immersive sauna experience while the FAR heat relieves muscle pain, relaxes you and soothes you. The BSA2406 consistently earns high praise from enthusiastic customers who cannot say enough good things about the sauna in reviews, giving it five out of five stars.
6. Dynamic Allicante by LifeSmart
- Four dynamic bioceramic heaters located in unit
- Tempered glass doors; Canadian hemlock wood benches
- Comfortably fits two adults
- Heats in half the time of traditional saunas
- No lighting fixtures
The Dynamic Allicante is made with reforested wood and is one of the most eco-friendly options reviewed here, and is offered at a fair price. Another bonus? The Allicante is suitable for indoor or outdoor use.
The Allicante is a comfortable sauna room that is designed for two people. It does not have quite the same amount of advanced features as other models and is not at the same level in terms of tech-friendliness. It is worth noting that the Allicante does not include any interior lighting.
7. SunRay Barrett 1-2 Person Infrared Sauna
- Aromatic hemlock wood
- Five FAR heating units; virtually no EMF produced
- Comfortably seats two adults
- Heats in under 10 minutes
- Not suitable for outdoor use
The SunRay Barrett is an affordably priced sauna that comfortably fits up to two adults. The scent of Canadian hemlock wood is released as the heating units increase in temperature, offering a sublime aromatherapeutic experience.
The Barrett is easy to use, well-insulated and safe. It is mildew resistant and easy to maintain. It is simple to assemble and fits virtually into any space. The Barrett is a basic infrared sauna that is a pleasure to use, offering the benefits of a traditional sauna while putting less strain on the cardiovascular system.
Things to Consider About Infrared Saunas
Remember to keep the following in mind before purchasing a sauna:
- If you have any issues with your cardiovascular system or a history of fainting, discuss using a sauna with your physician prior to purchase. Carefully check the manufacturer’s warnings and guidelines.
In general, infrared saunas are considered to be safer than traditional saunas because they put less stress on the cardiovascular system. That said, they still reach high temperatures and cause you to sweat.
- Figure out what goals you want to achieve by using a sauna. Some models have extra features to help you with your complexion, for example.
Others have chromotherapy lighting which can alleviate some of the symptoms caused by depression and Seasonal Affective Disorder. The radiant heat is reported to help manage chronic pain, joint stiffness and arthritis.
- Make sure that you will not be putting too much of a strain on your home’s electrical system. Check out the sauna’s power requirements and energy efficiency, as well as the way the unit needs to be hooked up. The majority of models reviewed here simply plug into a three-prong outlet.
- Determine if you plan on using the sauna with another person or by yourself. If you plan on using the sauna with someone else, pay close attention to the dimensions of the interior to ensure optimal comfort.
If you are purchasing a unit intended to accomodate more than one person, read the customer reviews to see what other people’s experiences have been. Saunas are obviously small, enclosed spaces, but you should never feel claustrophobic or cramped while using one.
- Figure out what is most important to you. If you do not mind spending a little more, you may want to choose a sauna that comes with advanced features like Bluetooth capability, backrests, towel hooks, LED lights and so forth, to make your experience that much more rejuvenating.
- Professional assembly and installation costs extra. For a relatively small amount, you can have the peace of mind of knowing that your sauna has been carefully put together and installed by a professional. If you are not very mechanically inclined or do not feel comfortable installing anything with electrical wiring on your own, then it makes the most sense to pay a little more to have the job done right by an expert.
There are many high-quality infrared saunas available at a fair price. The bottom line comes down to the kind of experience you are seeking and the advanced features that you want.
If you are a fan of loaded, high-tech devices, then it makes sense to choose a sauna that is fully integrated to sync with your smartphone, be programmed to meet with your specifications in terms of time and temperature and so forth, while being as relaxing and tranquil as possible, leaving you feeling wonderful.