Having a hot tub is probably the best way to relax following a long day at the office or on the job. A hot tub promises you that ideal spa-like experience; allowing you time to relax and unwind with your friends. The following review round-up is going to cover the best 7 4-person hot tubs that are currently available.
- 1 Review of the 7 Best 4-Person Hot Tubs
- 1.1 1. Lifesmart Rock Solid Simplicity Plug and Play 4 Person Hot Tub Spa With 13 Jets
- 1.2 2. Essential Hot Tubs 14-Jet Newport Hot Tub, Seats 3-4, Cobblestone
- 1.3 3. Coleman 71″ x 26″ Portable Spa Inflatable 4-Person Hot Tub, Black, 13804
- 1.4 4. Intex 77in PureSpa Portable Bubble Massage Spa Set
- 1.5 5. Intex NEW 120 Bubble Jets 4 Person Octagonal PureSpa
- 1.6 6. Essential Hot Tubs 11-Jet Integrity Hot Tub, Seats 4-5, Grey
- 1.7 7. Hudson Bay Spas 5 Person 14 Jet Spa
- 2 Value Section
- 3 Frequently Ask Questions (FAQs)
- 4 Conclusion
Review of the 7 Best 4-Person Hot Tubs
This section is going to be about some of the seven best 4-person hot tubs that we have found available. Each of these hot tubs have remarkable features. This review is intended to make your hot tub selection seem like less of a chore.
1. Lifesmart Rock Solid Simplicity Plug and Play 4 Person Hot Tub Spa With 13 Jets
This Lifesmart Hot Tub for four people can be delivered curbside to your residence. If you are unable to be there, make prior arrangements for a third party to sign for it.
It has the capacity for 4 adults to comfortably fit inside this spa to relax and unwind after a hard day at the office. With these 13-jets you and your friends will receive maximum massaging benefits. You will be the envy of the neighborhood. This backyard Plug and Play Spa equipment is an excellent home improvement item.
It has a sandstone surround and shell which gives it superior durability. Also, it has12 volt spa light with a lense cap that is red and blue. This hot tub has the capacity for 195 gallons of water and a locking lid that is child-safe.
- Has the capacity for four people
- Spa light that is 12-volts
- Digital control is Balboa deluxe
- Not the best support system
- The pump is not corrosion resistant
2. Essential Hot Tubs 14-Jet Newport Hot Tub, Seats 3-4, Cobblestone
This Essential Hot Tubs product offers a relaxing, passive therapy with 14 stainless steel jets. With the simple touch of a button, you will receive a very invigorating massage. There is seating for four in this hot tub in the form of contour seats.
The luxurious seating in this hot tub will allow you and your friends to sit back and relax. In addition, you can enjoy one of the three therapy seats in the Lounger which offer a complete bodily massage.
There is a stainless steel Balboa heater offering a year-round, all season enjoyment. The cover is tapered, insulated, extremely durable, and includes locking clips. Best of all, take pride in knowing you are buying a product that is made in America.
- Seating is a contour style for up to 4 people
- Plugs into standard 120 V/ 15A outlet
- Made in the USA
- LED lighting placed too high
- Cover was too small
3. Coleman 71″ x 26″ Portable Spa Inflatable 4-Person Hot Tub, Black, 13804
This hot tub made by Coleman offers complete heated relaxation in a surrounding filled with bubbling jets. There is a soft-touch control panel which controls the pump digitally.
The floor of this Coleman portable spa is cushioned with a drain valve conveniently placed to allow for simplicity in cleaning. Additionally, the two handles on the sides make lifting and relocating the spa easier.
Spa is completely portable enabling you to take it on vacation so you can relax while away from home. This spa heats the water rapidly to a relaxing 104 degrees; as well there are 60 air jets surrounding you.
- Two handles make it easy to move spa
- Two easy replacement filters ensure a clean spa
- Convenient, cushioned floor valve for draining
- Pump not long-lasting
- The pump may make a loud noise
4. Intex 77in PureSpa Portable Bubble Massage Spa Set
This portable spa made by Intex has a water treatment system built in to create a soothing, gentle experience. Includes a heating system and testing strip that is 3-way. There is also a floating chlorine dispenser, an inflation hose, thermal ground cloth, and a bag to carry it in.
As a way to cut down on heat loss, the cover is insulated, locking securely for an added safety feature. This Intex PureSpa seats four people and has the capacity for 210 gallons of water. The temperature of the water ranges from 68 to 104 degrees.
Maintenance is simple because of the two replacement filters provided by PureSpa. This enables a clean spa with the most refreshing water possible. As an added feature, there is a built in water treatment for hard water. This makes for a more soothing, gentle effect to the skin.
- Capacity to seat 4 people
- 210-gallon water capacity
- Insulated, locking cover
- Not the best customer support
- The heater might not last long
5. Intex NEW 120 Bubble Jets 4 Person Octagonal PureSpa
The NEW Intex 12- Bubble Jet 4 Person Octagonal PureSpa allows for complete relaxation. All at the touch of a single button. The soothing bubbly jets allow you to be completely pampered by the soothing warmth of the water.
Intex makes this spa from a puncture-resistant, three-ply material. It has been laminated for additional support, comfort, and durability.
The filter cartridges are easy to replace and part of PureSpa’s simple maintenance system for the freshest water. PureSpa created this spa with an octagon shape, giving the feeling of additional space and luxury.
- Touch of a button relaxation
- 3-ply laminated, puncture-resistant material
- Adjustable heating system
- State regulations prevent shipping to California
6. Essential Hot Tubs 11-Jet Integrity Hot Tub, Seats 4-5, Grey
This hot tub by Essential has 11-jets and seats 4-5 friends at a time. At the simple touch of a button, you go from passive therapy to an invigorating bubbly massage.
Spa is Plug and Play, plug into 120V/15A outlet, in a matter of minutes start enjoying the relaxing water. The stainless steel Balboa heater will provide an all-season, year round enjoyment.
Essential Hot Tubs is a company that produces all their products here in the United States. You can feel assured that your purchase dollars is benefiting a company in America.
- Can plug into any standard 120V/15A outlet
- Stainless steel Balboa all-season heater
- The USA made
- Control panel may be faulty
- Water doesn’t stay warm long
7. Hudson Bay Spas 5 Person 14 Jet Spa
This is a 5-person hot tub made by Hudson Bay. It has 14 stainless steel spa jets for your invigorating relaxation.
There is a 10 foot long GFCI cord that plugs into any 110V/20 Amp outlet. The controls are original, digital Balboa.
The reinforcements are multi-layer fiberglass and acrylic. Spa is made durable and from a slip-resistant Lucite & reg. Pump conserves energy because it is an Energy Rite & reg.
- Powers up to 110V/20A outlet
- Slip-resistant and durable
- Low-energy, high performing pump
- Might not work long
- Could have a better support staff
This next section will cover the aspects of a spa or hot tub that gives it value to the consumer. Besides the excellent values of these seven hot tubs here are other features imperative to giving a spa value.
Insulation of the Hot Tub
A hot tub that has insulation completely in foam is recommended. This provides maximum heat maintenance, saving you money in the long haul.
Best Type of Frame for Your Hot Tub
A hot tub or spa made with composite materials is guaranteed to withstand the test of time. Composite materials have proven more durable and long-lasting than wood is.
Servicing the Warranty
Once you learn the type of warranty your hot tub has the next question is who will service it. Will it be a technician from the manufacturer or an out-sourced technician service?
What Type and How Many Jets are Included?
When it comes to the jets in your hot tub or spa, more is not necessarily better. Ensure the jets are adjustable. This allows you to regulate the flow while inside the tub.
Frequently Ask Questions (FAQs)
Q: Why do hot tubs foam?
A: The reason for the foam in most hot tubs is the soaps and other cosmetics that are put into the water. If you bathe prior to getting in the hot tub it should cut down on the amount of foam created.
Q: What are hot tubs made of?
A: Hot tubs today can be made of a variety of materials. The tub or shell consists of a number of materials. A hot tub can be made of molded acrylic, wood, thermal plastic, fiberglass, air-blown (gunite) or poured concrete.
Q: How much muriatic acid is needed to lower alkalinity in a hot tub?
A: As a general rule, 25.6 ounces of muriatic acid in its full strength is needed to decrease alkalinity in a 10,000-gallon hot tub. However, you do not want to add so much muriatic acid that it also decreases the pH levels as well.
Q: How many amps does a hot tub use?
A: The general requirement in regards to hot tub amperage is 220V/50 circuit amps. However, some are made to use 60-80 amps. This can vary of course according to the number of jets, heaters, or pumps. An example would be a swimming or exercise spa with dual zones. These types require 100 amps of power to operate. z
This round up of the best 4-person hot tubs, we would like to mention that all the above products are our favorite ones. Remember, in order to get the best deal–before you buy, always try!
We sincerely hope this review has helped you with shopping for the best 4-person hot tub available. The next section is a compilation of some of the most common questions and answers in regards to a hot tub.