Why would you need another piece of pool equipment when you already have a pool cleaning robot? The problem with your little robot cleaner is that it is most efficient with small debris. When it comes with a lot of debris, or even algae, you are going to need a strong, durable pool vacuum cleaner.
- 1 Top 6 Above Ground Pool Vacuums for Algae Review
- 1.1 1. XtremepowerUS Automatic Suction Vacuum-generic Climb Wall Pool Cleaner – 75037
- 1.2 2. Hayward Poolvergnuegen 896584000-518
- 1.3 3. Skooba Kokido Max Vac Above Ground Swimming Pool Vacuum Cleaner
- 1.4 4. Skooba Kokido Vac Above Ground and Inflatable Swimming Pool Vacuum Cleaner
- 1.5 5. XtremepowerUS Automatic Inground Swimming Pool Suction Vacuum Pool Cleaner
- 1.6 6. MTFY Automatic Pool Cleaner Suction Swim Pool Vacuum
- 2 Value Section
- 2.1 What is Algae?
- 2.2 Low Cost pool maintenance
- 2.3 The three types of vacuums
- 2.4 Methods to remove algae from your pool
- 2.5 Can you swim in a pool with algae?
- 2.6 Does baking soda kill algae in pools?
- 2.7 Can you vacuum algae from a pool?
- 2.8 Can a sand filter remove algae?
- 2.9 How long does it take shock treatment to kill algae?
- 3 Conclusion
Top 6 Above Ground Pool Vacuums for Algae Review
The following reviews will aid you in purchasing the best above ground pool vacuum for algae.
1. XtremepowerUS Automatic Suction Vacuum-generic Climb Wall Pool Cleaner – 75037
XtremepowerUS makes this a pool cleaner that is ideal for cleaning the bottom and walls of your pool. Cleaner can be adjusted and the patterns of cleaning can be used in a variety of positions.
There is no electricity needed to use this cleaner, it hooks up to your pool’s existing filtration system. You can clean up to a 30 foot pool with the ten hoses that come with this cleaner. Cleaner will operate best with at least a 1 HP pump or 1600 GHP.
- Tools not required to set up
- 1-year warranty
- Kit comes with all necessary parts
- Does not work on stairs
- Metal weights leave scrap marks on pool
2. Hayward Poolvergnuegen 896584000-518
Poolvergnuegen makes this automatic 2-wheel concrete pool suction cleaner. This is a limited edition vacuum that is capable of cleaning 16’ x 32’ pools. The Hayward cleaner has patented turbine vanes that are self-adjusting. This allows the maximum course for big debris and water to flow through.
The wheels on this pool cleaner has tread on the tires that provides for an augmented obstacle and climbing control. The patented roller skirt is modifiable which provides optimal suction when on surfaces that are not even.
- Maximum power with self-adjusting turbine vanes
- Enhanced climbing and control with obstacles
- Roller skirt is modifiable with optimal suction
- Unit failed to move when the pump timer went off
- Parts replacement is pricy
3. Skooba Kokido Max Vac Above Ground Swimming Pool Vacuum Cleaner
This swimming pool vacuum made for above ground swimming pools. Skooba makes it capable to clean small to medium-sized pools with a pump size of 530 GPH or more. The Skooba cleaner is the ultimate in the handheld pool cleaners.
The Skooba Kokido Max can be put together simply and can clean your above ground pool effectively. All you need to do is hook it up to a filtration system that is low-flowing. The Skooba cleaner filters and vacuums your above ground pool simultaneously.
- Filters underwater debris
- Has an internal filter bag to gather debris
- Simple to assemble
- Constructed of thin plastic
- Hose is a little stiff to work with
4. Skooba Kokido Vac Above Ground and Inflatable Swimming Pool Vacuum Cleaner
This is an above-ground inflatable swimming pool vacuum cleaner made by Skooba. It uses the filtration system of a pool with a small 500 GPH flow rate for operation. This pool cleaner made by Skooba is made to make the process of pool cleaning rapid and easy.
If your pool is smaller or larger than average, there is an adapter available to fit your filtration system. These adapters can be used with a number of brands, such as Intex, Summer Escapes, Bestway, Sand N Sun, and General Foam pools.
- Cleans easily and simply
- Great for pools 8-15 feet wide
- Adaptors can accommodate large or small systems
- Not suitable for rectangular shaped pools
- Instructions were not clear
5. XtremepowerUS Automatic Inground Swimming Pool Suction Vacuum Pool Cleaner
This pool cleaner made by XtremepowerUS is a suction pool cleaning tool with 33-foot hoses. It can conserve energy because of the ability to move itself around the pool area. Your pool is guaranteed to remain cleaner with less work by you.
The XtremepowerUS pool cleaner is designed to be Eco-friendly and operate with extreme efficiency and very little maintenance. The base plate is soft and thick which makes it simple to clean your pool gently and completely.
- Cleans without needing to drag items through water
- Friendly to the environment
- Cleans a number of debris types
- Hose may leak on some models
- May be hard to get weighted
6. MTFY Automatic Pool Cleaner Suction Swim Pool Vacuum
MTFY makes this efficient pool cleaner to use the power of suction to remove debris from the pool. The convenience of this cleaner will get rid of the sand, dirt, and even hair without any extra effort on your part.
The MTFY automatic pool cleaner is simple to put together. It can be installed within a few minutes with absolutely no tools required. This pool cleaner doesn’t have any wheels or gears that could result in jamming up during the operating process. You will save money over time because there is no need to hire an expensive pool cleaning service.
- Scrubbing more powerful than other cleaners
- Can be put together easily
- Free replacement or refund within 30 days
- Makes a jackhammer sound when operating
- Has difficulty maneuvering corners
All these above ground pool vacuums for algae are efficient. They all get the job done with very little effort required of the pool owner. This next section will answer some common questions about cleaning pools with algae.
What is Algae?
Algae is a substance that is green in color, it grows wherever water collects. If you do not take certain measures, your entire pool can become infested with algae growth. The best way to prevent this from occurring is to use a robotic pool cleaner.
Low Cost pool maintenance
The use of a ground pool vacuum will aid in stabilizing the cost of operating and power usage. Systems that are suction-based normally use less energy with lengthier cleaning series. They may also launch a sturdier mechanism for pumping.
The three types of vacuums
When you are shopping for above ground algae pool cleaner keep in mind that they all are not created equal. There are three primary types of cleaners for pools; these types are as follows:
- Robotics-based vacuums which have motors that are software and microprocessor-controlled.
- Suction-based have hoses hooked up to the filtration system of the pool for operation.
- Turbulence-based, use pressure to remove debris and dirt before filtering.
Whichever vacuum cleaner type you eventually purchase, it should be one that fits conveniently in your lifestyle.
Methods to remove algae from your pool
When you algae build-up in your pool, there are certain steps you need to take to remove the algae. The elimination of green or floating algae from your pool can be a process. It involves the use of several chemicals for many days. If you do regular pool maintenance, you can ensure to be rid of algae and keep it from returning.
Can you swim in a pool with algae?
Green water can be as refreshing to cool off in as crystal clear blue water. However, it is not safe.There is bacteria as well as parasites, viruses, and other pathogens in a pool with algae. Toxins are able to get into the body through the eyes, nose, throat, ears or a tiny cut.
Does baking soda kill algae in pools?
Yes. Baking soda will get rid of the algae in your pool. You can make a paste out of baking soda and water. This combination forms a non-abrasive cleanser that can clean the tile and grout in your pool. Baking soda is one of the least costly ways you can clean your pool and remove the algae.
The active ingredient in baking soda is bicarbonate. This ingredient is a very effective chemical to use as a treatment for spot cleaning algae.
Can you vacuum algae from a pool?
You can vacuum algae from your pool. But your automatic pool cleaner cannot get everything in your pool, this also includes the algae. You will need a manual vacuum cleaner to clean the algae from your pool after you shock it with algaecide.
Can a sand filter remove algae?
A sand filter is not always capable of filtering all the algae in your pool. But, every time you shock the pool, it makes the algae particles smaller. When the pump to the pool is turned off a day, it decreases the number of algae.
How long does it take shock treatment to kill algae?
It usually takes from 12 to 24 hours for the shock treatment to work. If 48 hours later, the algae have not cleared up, you will need to do another shock treatment. After adding the shock to the pool water, allow the pump to run for 10 hours. By following these simple instructions, you will ensure the effective removal of algae.
The best defense against algae in your pool is a good offense. This means maintaining the water chemistry in your pool. That is what this buyer’s guide was written to do. To aid you in choosing the right pool cleaner to efficiently remove algae.
All the products in this guide are efficient and will work well at removing the algae. Besides the cleaners mentioned in this guide, you can also use items found in your pantry to remove algae. Baking soda is an excellent source to rid algae from your pool. It has an active ingredient, bicarbonate. It will do wonders in removing the algae and restoring your pool’s sparkling appearance.
It does not matter how clean we keep our pool, there is always the chance of algae getting in. If this should happen, these pool cleaners above ground pool vacuum for algae will be the best defense to combat it.