UPDATED: Nov 08, 2019.
Aquaponics module is a great way to produce fresh and juicy vegetables at home on top of a beautiful aquarium module. They are quite popular these days and offer a great deal of ambiance in the house.
The thing that makes the Aquaponics system so special is the fact that it involves a great blend between two of the main components of our existence, which are soil and water.
At a Glance: Our Top Recommendations for Best Aquaponics System:
- AquaSprouts Garden (Top Pick)
- Back to the Roots Water Garden Fish Tank (Top Rated)
- ECOLIFE Conservation Aquaponics System (Editor Choice)
- Back to the Roots Water Garden Regular
- EcoQubeC Aquarium – Desktop Betta Fish Tan
- Springworks Microfarm Aquaponic Garden
- Fin to Flower Aquaponics Aquarium Midsize System B
- Fin to Flower Aquaponics Aquarium Mini System A
- 1 Quick Look at the Best 8 Aquaponics systems
- 1.1 1. AquaSprouts Garden
- 1.2 2. Back to the Roots Water Garden Fish Tank
- 1.3 3. ECOLIFE Conservation ECO-Cycle Aquaponics Indoor Garden System with LED Light Upgrade
- 1.4 4. Back to the Roots Water Garden Regular
- 1.5 5. EcoQubeC Aquarium – Desktop Betta Fish Tan
- 1.6 6. Springworks Microfarm Aquaponic Garden
- 1.7 7. Fin to Flower Aquaponics Aquarium Midsize System B
- 1.8 8. Fin to Flower Aquaponics Aquarium Mini System A
- 2 Buying Guide for Aquaponics System for Beginners
- 3 The Bottom Line
Quick Look at the Best 8 Aquaponics systems
So, today we will review the 8 best Aquaponics system that you can buy from the market right now. We will also offer a quick buying guide at the end of this article so make sure to check that out too.
1. AquaSprouts Garden
- Comes at a cheap price.
- Great choice for a beginner.
- Unique features such as Timer with a 15-minute interval.
- The pump produces power which is not enough to clean the tank
One of the best parts about this product is that it can be used on any aquarium that can hold water up to 10 gallons making it quite standard. This particular article packs some great features at a mediocre price range.
One of its highlights is the amazing pump timer module which allows you to set up a timer for a complete 24-hour time frame which is divided into intervals of 15-minutes.
This module weights around 24 pounds which is quite easy to install and it does not require any tools at the time of installation.
2. Back to the Roots Water Garden Fish Tank
- Glow stones are good enough.
- Premium finish and lightweight.
- Removes chlorine like a pro.
- It is not worth the price tag.
- Comes with very few rocks.
This Aquaponics system fits in most of the round edge aquariums with perfect gripping. The best part about this product is that it comes with a complete kit of articles that you will require at the time of installation and usage.
The packaging includes organic microgreen seeds that are tested and grow at a great rate. The Zym-Bac and D-Klor components come very handily. It will clean out most of the remnants, so you do not get stuck with an aquarium that gets dirty all the time.
3. ECOLIFE Conservation ECO-Cycle Aquaponics Indoor Garden System with LED Light Upgrade
- Relatively cheaper than other products.
- Set up kit offers all the essentials for the installation.
- Easy to install.
- Offers no add-on feature for a light bar.
This 20-gallon fish tank Aquaponics system is a great add on to your household aquarium that holds water of the same quantity. The Light bar is attached with LED bulbs that emit a great amount of white light which adds to the beauty of this Aquaponics system.
Its weight is quite light as it weighs only 17 pounds but the fact that it offers a complete outlook on the procedure of agriculture makes it much more amazing.
The best part about this product is that it makes the water change cycle reduced to 10%. This module comes with a built-in timer and the remote control that comes with the product offers great ease in managing the power usage.
4. Back to the Roots Water Garden Regular
- Most Light-Weight Aquaponics system on the market.
- Cheap yet comes with most of the features.
- The product does not meet the standard as its price range.
This mini model of Aquaponics system comes with a total product weight of 3.2 pounds. But, despite its low weight design, it packs all the necessary workings. This product is perfect for a tank that holds up to 3 gallons of water.
The best part about this product is that it comes with a total product weight of 3.2 pounds; this means that you can set it up on even the lightest fish tank on the market.
This product offers you the entry-level usage of the Aquaponics system that means it is perfect for growing plants such as mushroom.
5. EcoQubeC Aquarium – Desktop Betta Fish Tan
- Great results and a Low maintenance module.
- Wireless remote and EcoQube Features.
- Offers issues with the germination process.
This beautiful setup offers you the perfect solution for your entry in the field of growing edible products with just the waste of fishes. This product features a great lightning effect and the light bar changes the color in a variety of RGB patterns.
The Natural Filtration of plants that this module comes with is perfect for fishing tanks that measure up to 7.5*7.5*9 inches. Also, the fact that it weighs nothing more than 6 pounds make this product easy to accommodate also.
6. Springworks Microfarm Aquaponic Garden
- Perfect for medium-sized aquariums.
- Offers a variety of features at a great price.
- The light bar is messed up and falls occasionally.
This amazing product looks very classy and offers a great ambiance for the office needs too. It is a good solution for your needs of a 10-gallon aquarium. This comes with auto digital timer feature which lets you set the amount and time period on which you want this to work.
This way not only you will save a great amount of energy but also it works efficiently. It works very effectively and sucks up everything in the water to keep it 70% cleaner than usual.
7. Fin to Flower Aquaponics Aquarium Midsize System B
- The tank is made out of high-quality Acrylic material.
- Comes with a Lifetime warranty on all the equipment.
- LED lights offer a premium look to the module.
- Quality issues with the build quality.
This mid-size acrylic Aquaponics system is a great product for those who have an aquarium that can hold up to a total of 10 pounds. This mid-size system offers more room for larger plants and you can accommodate quite a number of fishes.
The Acrylic material that is used in the making of this product is of the A-tier. It offers you four compartments that are of 3-inches each. Also, this Aquaponics system comes with a lifetime warranty so you can use it as per you without worrying about the breakage or technical issues.
8. Fin to Flower Aquaponics Aquarium Mini System A
- Lifetime warranty on all the hardware and accessories.
- It comes with a built-in filter.
- It packs a powerful water pump for transferring all the chlorine.
- Filter falls off quite occasionally.
If you are looking for an Aquaponics system that is both lightweight and stylish then this module might be the perfect fit for your needs. It weighs for about just 5 pounds so you do not have to worry about its stability and installation problems.
LED lights in this module are quite powerful and they are suitable for growing most of the vegetables as they add a great number of natural elements at the time of growth of a vegetable.
Buying Guide for Aquaponics System for Beginners
So, as we have completed reviewing all the best Aquaponics systems, now is the time to understand some important points that you should consider before purchasing one. Thus, if you want to get the perfect result out of this Aquaponics system then choose it wisely.
Size of the Tank
The Tank’s size is the first thing that you should consider in your Aquaponics system. This something that you might call a deal breaker because it certainly is. So, start the selection process by measuring the length, breadth, and height of your fish tank.
Now, once you know the dimensions well, you will be able to choose the perfect fit for your aquarium. Aquaponics system should not have any loose corners so make sure that the product you are getting for this task is completely fit to the tank without any gapping whatsoever.
Accessories of the product
While you are about to purchase an Aquaponics system for your tank, make sure to check all the accessories that it includes. This way you will know what you have to purchase beforehand in order to make it work in its optimum state. Also, there are a number of add-ons and attachment that these modules come with, so purchase the product that matches up to your needs. Some of the important accessories that an Aquaponics system should come with are:
Light Bar: While purchasing your Aquaponics system, make sure that it comes with a light bar because this light bar adds the essence of artificial lighting to the seeds which help them to grow into a great after product.
This is important because seeds need sunlight to grow and thus, these lights emit the light that is just enough to nourish the plant.
Pump: These days, most of the Aquaponics systems come with in-built pumps as they help the important particles and waste product in the water to reach to the soil. So while choosing your product, ensure that it comes with a pump. Otherwise, you will have to invest in it furthermore and the results will not meet the optimum level.
Chlorine extractor: While many manufacturers fail to provide chlorine extractors in their Aquaponics system, there are some of them who offer the same as the product. It helps the plants to grow in the best way possible by offering them all the nutrients they need.
Growth stones: These are special stones that help the plants on the top of the aquarium to grow easily. So, choose a manufacturer who offers the required amount of stones. This is a must and you should consider this point to be a deal breaker for sure.
As stated in the previous point, features that come with these Aquaponics systems are available in a great number and this is something which makes it very hard to choose the perfect fit for your needs.
Some of the most common features that you will find in this module are the timer and the pump, so make sure to buy one that has a timer knob.
Also, there are some products that offer you wireless control through a wireless remote controller, thus, if you need this type of portability then you should go for one that features wireless remote controllers.
The number of compartments:
Every Aquaponics system comes with a specific number of compartments and this is the place where you grow your plants.
So, while making a purchase make sure to see through the fact that the product should have at least 3 sections. This way, at any rate, you will be able to grow three kinds of the plant at one time.
As we can understand, this product is based on the model to increase the use of natural energy sources. So, it is important to choose a product that consumes less power.
Also, make sure that the product you are purchasing should be able to emit as much as light as a 12 Watt LED does.
Price of the System:
Everything comes down to the concept of pricing as nothing affects a purchase more than the amount it is being sold for. There are many options that are pretty cheap and offer some great features at that particular price tag.
But, this does not make them the best pick.
Similarly, a system that is set on a higher price tag does not mean that the product is for sure better than the cheaper one. Thus, keep a check on the factor of the article is worthy of the amount you are paying for it.
The Bottom Line
All the above-mentioned products are best in their respective classes. These products are a great pick for those who are new to the concept of Aquaponics and are in a need of experience and knowledge.
So, if you do not have enough time to go out in the market and check them one by one, you can pick any of these products that meet your accommodation requirements.