What is the best bagless vacuum to buy? The best bagless vacuum cleaners, unlike a bagged model, don’t have any bag.
That means you don’t incur any more cost after purchasing the machine because it doesn’t come with a bag that might require constant replacement. A bagless vac cleaner comes with filters.
Here we will cover the top 14 bagless vacuum cleaners for 2019.
At a Glance: The 14 Models We’ve Chosen as Contenders for the Best Bagless Vacuum Cleaners:
- Shark HV382 Rocket DuoClean Vacuum (Top Pick)
- Bissell 2252 CleanView Swivel Vacuum Cleaner (Top Rated)
- EyeVac Home Touchless Stationary Vacuum (Editor Choice)
- Bissell 1547 Hard Floor Vacuum
- Bissell 2033 Featherweight Vacuum
- Shark SV780 Hand Vacuum
- iWoly V600 Vacuum Cleaner
- Dirt Devil UD20124 Endura Vacuum Cleaner
- Shark NV501 Rotator Vacuum Cleaner
- Eureka NEU182A PowerSpeed Vacuum Cleaner
- Eureka NEU188A PowerSpeed Vacuum Cleaner
- Bissell CleanView Swivel Rewind Vacuum
- Shark NV42 Navigator Deluxe Vacuum Cleaner
- Hoover UH70122PC WindTunnel Rewind Vacuum
- 1 Top 14 Bagless Vacuum Cleaner Reviews
- 1.1 1. Shark HV382 Rocket DuoClean Vacuum
- 1.2 2. Bissell 2252 CleanView Swivel Vacuum Cleaner
- 1.3 3. EyeVac Home Touchless Stationary Vacuum
- 1.4 4. Bissell 1547 Hard Floor Vacuum
- 1.5 5. Bissell 2033 Featherweight Vacuum
- 1.6 6. Shark SV780 Hand Vacuum
- 1.7 7. iWoly V600 Vacuum Cleaner
- 1.8 8. Dirt Devil UD20124 Endura Vacuum Cleaner
- 1.9 9. Shark NV501 Rotator Vacuum Cleaner
- 1.10 10. Eureka NEU182A PowerSpeed Vacuum Cleaner
- 1.11 11. Eureka NEU188A PowerSpeed Vacuum Cleaner
- 1.12 12. Bissell CleanView Swivel Rewind Vacuum
- 1.13 13. Shark NV42 Navigator Deluxe Vacuum Cleaner
- 1.14 14. Hoover UH70122PC T-Series WindTunnel Rewind Vacuum
- 2 Purpose of Bagless Vacuum Cleaner Attachments
- 3 Vacuum Not Picking Dirt Repair Tips
- 4 FAQs About Bagless Vacuum Cleaners
- 5 Final Words
Top 14 Bagless Vacuum Cleaner Reviews
What are the top 14 bagless vacuum cleaners on the shelves today?
1. Shark HV382 Rocket DuoClean Vacuum
It comes with a dual brush roll that enables triple particle cleaning ability to remove stuck-on, large, and small particles from carpets and floors. The model’s 2x capacity removable dust cup lets you clean for hours without needing to empty.
Another feature is the LED lights on the nozzle and the hand vac that allows you to see hidden dust. Fingertip controls come in handy to provide maximum bare floor and carpet cleaning.
The model does not lose power or suction.
- Sturdy suction
- For carpet and floors
- 2x capacity dust cup
- Slightly expensive
2. Bissell 2252 CleanView Swivel Vacuum Cleaner
The Bissell 2252 is the ideal model for pet hair thanks to its triple action brush roll that provides scatter free technology. It also features swivel steering technology that enables you to maneuver around obstacles and furniture.
Besides, the unit can clean edges and corners with ease due to its clean edge ability. Another feature is the easy-to-empty dust bin that makes it easier to empty the mess.
The package also comes with a 6 feet hose that is sufficient to reach higher places.
- Special pet hair remover
- Edge to edge cleaning
- Swivel technology
- Short hose
3. EyeVac Home Touchless Stationary Vacuum
As a 1000W vacuum cleaner, this unit can leave 100% of hair, debris, and dust instantly. It is also a very affordable unit that goes for under 150 dollars – you do not need a lot of money to afford it.
The unit can match any floor to ensure that you get a hassle-free cleaning session. It is recommended for pet owners and people with kids who often mess the floor.
The unit also boasts of a HEPA filter that traps dirt and allergens in the vacuum.
- Easy to use
- Infrared sensors
- Very affordable
- Corded model
4. Bissell 1547 Hard Floor Vacuum
The Bissell 1547 boasts of multi-cyclonic technology that makes it the perfect cleaner for hardwood floors. That is all possible due to the fantastic suction that removes all manner of dirt.
It comes with an 18 feet power cord that lets you clean every corner of your house. That is further increased by the 7 inches hose.
Besides, it comes with a hard floor turbine foot that is gentle on your surfaces and tough on dirt.
- Easy to empty the bin
- Multi-surface cleaner
- Gentle on floors
- Cord tangles
5. Bissell 2033 Featherweight Vacuum
Various consumer reports show that Bissell 2033 is an easy-to-use, convenient, and powerful machine. The suction power makes it a superb model for cleaning different types of floors.
It is a 3-in-1model that provides a stair vacuum, handle vacuum, and stick vacuum. Moreover, there are extra attachments like a crevice tool and floor nozzle.
The model can clean surface dirt on area rugs and carpets and hard floors. You can use it on low pile carpet, sealed hard floors, and countertops.
- Large dust bin
- 3-in-1 machine
- Extra attachments
- Take time to get used to
6. Shark SV780 Hand Vacuum
The Shark SV780 is one of the most powerful 18V cordless hand vac on the market today. It makes it possible to deep clean carpets because of the extra-large detachable motorized brush.
That makes it ideal for dog hair since it not only clean easily but also remove ground-in dirt. Besides, you can use it for RV, boat, car, and home cleaning.
The versatility of motorized brush, direction suction option, dusting brush, and crevice tool make it possible to clean all surfaces.
- Washable filter
- Perfect for all kind of floors
- Most powerful in its class
- Filter needs maintenance
7. iWoly V600 Vacuum Cleaner
If you want a model that will offer value for the money, then you need to try the iWoly V600 Vacuum Cleaner. It is a stick vacuum that offers powerful vacuuming power to ensure that every mess is lifted from the surface.
The model comes fitted with a floor head for cleaning both carpeted and hard floor surfaces. Besides, you can use the cleaner to collect dust, hair, crumbs, and cat litter.
The body of the 2-in-1 handheld and stick vacuum only weighs 3.3 pounds. That means you can carry it the stairs with ease.
- adjustable extension tube
- easy-to-clean dustbin
- HEPA filtration technology
- A short warranty
8. Dirt Devil UD20124 Endura Vacuum Cleaner
The Dirt Device UD20124 comes with Endura filter that makes it an effective upright vacuum machine. You can easily access this filter to clean it and keep it in top condition easily.
The cleaner also comes with a 1.5L dirt cup that takes more trash to ensure that you empty it less frequently. And the emptying process is easy as it comes with a simple button.
Recommended for pet hair, the cleaner powers via animal hair and dirt with a 10 feet extension wand to leave your home clean.
- Compact upright design
- Easy to reach
- 2-in-1 dusting brush
- Low-quality construction
9. Shark NV501 Rotator Vacuum Cleaner
The Shark NV501 is one of the most expensive vacuum cleaners on our review, but it offers value for the money. It comes with a lift-away press button that removes the canister to ensure that you clean the hard-to-access areas.
Besides, the unit boasts of a HEPA filter and anti-allergen complete seal technology that traps up to 99.9% of allergens and dust inside the dust bin. The machine also comes with the latest swivel steering with LED lights to maximize its control.
- 8.4 feet of hose length
- XL-capacity dust cup
- Easy to move around furniture
- Expensive model
10. Eureka NEU182A PowerSpeed Vacuum Cleaner
Another vacuum cleaner that costs under 150 dollars is the Eureka NEU182A. It is a model for lifting stubborn messes and heavy debris due to the powerful brush roll feature.
Besides, it can clean a 12.6 inches path, making it possible to clean your surfaces faster. The unit weighs about 10 pounds, and you can use it to clean hard floors, shag rug, and carpets.
It comes with wheels that allow it to move over hardwood floors without causing any damage.
- 4.1L dust cup
- Comes with wheels
- A lightweight model
- Limited suction power
11. Eureka NEU188A PowerSpeed Vacuum Cleaner
With LED light on this cleaner, you get a better view of under the furniture and other high places. It is the vacuum for cleaning all types of floors and offers five height adjustment settings.
Another feature is the XL dust cup that lets you clean for hours without needing to take a break to empty it. The model also boasts of 8 feet reach that is sufficient for cleaning most floors.
There are other accessories like a flexible telescoping crevice, 2-in-1 upholstery tool, and others.
- Wide reach cleaning
- Cleans under furniture
- Five height adjustment settings
- Might struggle on carpet
12. Bissell CleanView Swivel Rewind Vacuum
The Bissell brand makes good vacuum for hardwood floors, and this is the case with the CleanView Swivel Rewind. It comes with triple action brush roll and scatters free tech that maximizes animal hair collection.
As a multipurpose model, you can use it to clean low pile carpet, sealed hard floors, pet beds, bare floors, areas rugs, and stairs. Besides, it provides an edge to edge cleaning ability and comes with a 27 feet power cord.
There are also special tools for cleaning pet hair.
- For dog hair
- A long cord that rewinds
- For multiple surfaces
- Corded model
Lightweight and sturdy, the Shark NV42 is a leader when it comes to the bagless vacuum cleaner. The unit weighs around 15 pounds and comes with extra tools for cleaning pet hair like crevice tool.
It ensures that you get power from the moment you start to vacuum until you finish. Moreover, it comes with a large-capacity dust cup that is also very easy to empty.
Another feature is the brush roll that makes it possible to clean bare floors and carpets.
- Continuous cleaning
- Great additions
- For bare floors
- A bit heavy
14. Hoover UH70122PC T-Series WindTunnel Rewind Vacuum
The Hoover UH70122PCT is a lightweight vacuum cleaner that provides thorough cleaning power. Its WindTunnel tech lifts and get rids of surface debris while cleaning deeply embedded dirt.
It offers you with five-position carpet height adjustment to enable you to clean hard floors and carpet with ease. Also, it comes with a 25 feet cord that lets you reach further areas in your house.
The model also comes with an air-powered hand tool, upholstery, crevice tool, and dusting brush.
- Clean every particle
- For all-round use
- Has other attachments
- Not quite durable
Purpose of Bagless Vacuum Cleaner Attachments
Vacuum cleaners come with different accessories that you should know what they do. Some of these extras include:
- Motorized Power Nozzles – They are perfect for cleaning carpets.
- Wall/Floor Brush – For removing dust from the floors and walls.
- Crevice Tool – It is recommended for removing dirt from large appliances like drawers and air conditioners.
- Upholstery Tools – These tools are ideal for cleaning curtains and mattresses.
- Dusting Brush – It is used to remove dust from small appliances like lampshades.
Vacuum Not Picking Dirt Repair Tips
There are times you will try to vacuum and find out that your cleaner is not picking any dirt. You can do the following things:
- Look at your vacuum cleaner to see if there is any sign of damage. You might notice that the brush roll is stuck or the belt is broken, replace them accordingly with new ones.
- Another thing, check if the dust bin is full or if something is blocking the collecting system. Empty the bin to create space for collecting new dirt or unblock the machine.
- Other times the machine might not collect the debris because of a new floor, like carpet. New carpet sheds a lot of fiber, which means that the bin will fill faster.
FAQs About Bagless Vacuum Cleaners
Some of the regularly asked questions about bagless vacuum cleaners are:
Q: Do Higher Amp Means Better Cleaning?
A: Amp measures the amount of energy a machine uses, while the cleaning power is determined by the airflow. Thus, the amp will not affect cleaning power unless it means having a large fan that creates more airflow.
Q: What is the Right Height to Set the Nozzle?
A: You should set the highest adjustment for a quality carpet and low level for a low carpet. After that, everything will work out effectively.
Q: How Regularly Should I Vacuum?
A: Ensure that you vacuum a high traffic area every day since it attracts a lot of dust and other debris. Vacuum your house at least thrice per week if it is a low traffic location.
Q: An Upright or a Canister Vacuum Cleaner. Which One is Better?
A: A canister model is perfect for cleaning hard floors while an upright one is great for carpet. However, some attachments make them to be versatile and clean all types of floors.
Q: How Often Should I Empty the Dust Bin?
A: There is no right or wrong time for emptying a dust bin. However, you should try to empty the bin regularly to ensure that your cleaner continues to operate at maximum power.
The best bagless vacuum cleaner will help you to vacuum your home without needing to spend more money on buying trash bags. These cleaners are powerful, effective, and affordable.