Waste management, It’s not always pretty, but we’ve all got to do it, especially when we have the ability to accumulate over 4 pounds of trash a day. The trend to remedy our disposal needs with the use of trash cans is nothing new. We’ve even embraced the concept of having trash cans outfitted to our bathrooms.
Don’t let the idea of this mundane task lull you into a state of indifference. You can accomplish this necessary task and still do it in style. The preceding bathroom trash can review lists the top 19 options with lids to complement today’s modern home.
At a Glance: Our Choices for Best Bathroom Trash Can to Feature in This Article:
- Simplehuman Black 4.5 Liter Bathroom Step Trash Can (Top Pick)
- Simplehuman 10 Liter Compact Bathroom Step Trash Can (Top Rated)
- Rubbermaid 2019 Version Step-On Lid Trash Can (Editor Choice)
- mDesign Slim Plastic Rectangular Small Trash Can
- Simplehuman 1.6 Gallon Plastic Bathroom Trash Can
- 1 Top 19 Bathroom Trash Cans
- 1.1 1. Simplehuman Black 4.5 Liter or 1.2 Gallon Round Bathroom Step Trash Can
- 1.2 2. Simplehuman 10 Liter/2.6 Gallon Compact Slim Bathroom or Office Step Trash Can
- 1.3 3. Rubbermaid New 2019 Version Step-On Lid Trash Can
- 1.4 4. mDesign Slim Plastic Rectangular Small Trash Can
- 1.5 5. Simplehuman 1.6 Gallon Plastic Bathroom Trash Can
- 1.6 6. Umbra Trash Can (Small) Black
- 1.7 7. mDesign 1.3 Gallon Rectangular Small Steel Step Trash Can Wastebasket
- 1.8 8. NINESTARS Automatic Touchless Infrared Motion Sensor Trash Can
- 1.9 9. Umbra Small Durable Wastebasket for Bathroom
- 1.10 10. Tall Automatic Bathroom Trash Can (13 Gallon) with lid
- 1.11 11. mDesign Plastic Trash Can with Handles
- 1.12 12. Greenco Wastebasket (6 Gallon) Black
- 1.13 13. United Solutions 10-Quart Trash Can (Black)
- 1.14 14. Cook N Home Step Trash Can and Toilet Brush with Holder Set
- 1.15 15. Simplehuman Step Trash Can (Stainless Steel)
- 1.16 16. InterDesign Wastebasket 10″ (Black)
- 1.17 17. InterDesign Wastebasket for the Bathroom (Black)
- 1.18 18. InterDesign Spa 11L Can
- 1.19 19. AmazonBasics Mesh Trash Can Waste Basket
- 2 Quick Tips
- 3 Frequently Asked Questions
- 4 Conclusion
Top 19 Bathroom Trash Cans
Don’t let the idea of this mundane task lull you into a state of indifference. You can handle all of your necessary waste disposal needs and still do it in style.
1. Simplehuman Black 4.5 Liter or 1.2 Gallon Round Bathroom Step Trash Can
- 10 years warranty
- Ideal for small spaces
- Slow and silent close lid
- Strong steel pedal
- The lid can come out easily
You get a trash can with over 10 years warranty as it is made of the best materials to withstand constant use. It is the perfect can for use in all environments because it does not get rust or corrosion with ease.
Another great thing is the unit fits well in small spaces, meaning it is for offices, bathrooms, and other rooms. The other great thing is the slow, silent lid that does not produce a noise.
There is a removable inner bucket that lets you get rid of the trash with ease. And the model gives value for the money.
2. Simplehuman 10 Liter/2.6 Gallon Compact Slim Bathroom or Office Step Trash Can
- A 5-year warranty
- Smooth and simple step
- Perfect for tight spaces
- No ideal for all kinds of trash
The brand uses the best materials to ensure that you get a trash can that lasts for years. Its engineering process is also top quality, and you get a 5-year warranty to back you up.
You get to enhance your trash collection experience with this system thanks to the extra-strong material. Besides, it comes with durable trash bags that you fit inside to have an easy time when emptying the system.
The other superb thing is the easy and smooth step that gives you stable operation. It is a can for placing in all tight spaces, and that makes it ideal for all bathrooms.
3. Rubbermaid New 2019 Version Step-On Lid Trash Can
- Holds up to 13 gallons of trash
- Made of durable stainless steel material
- Hands-free pedal
- Made in the USA
- The lid bangs when closing
You get to operate this hand-free system using your leg to ensure that you do not touch germ when throwing trash. That makes it the ideal model for many users and in bathrooms.
Another superb thing is the modern design that makes your bathroom more attractive and have that high-end finish. Note that you can place the can at your office, bathroom, kitchen, or any other place.
It has a liner lock that secures the can at one place – no slipping away. And the smooth plastic body makes it easy to clean and prevent dust from sticking.
4. mDesign Slim Plastic Rectangular Small Trash Can
- versatile and functional models
- easy to clean
- quality construction to last for years
- comes in small size
The can comes in small size to allow you to place it under sinks, counters, and inside cabinets. You can easily tuck them in these places to ensure that people place the trash without a hassle.
Another thing is the versatility and functionality you enjoy when you choose this mDesign trash can. The model is even ideal for storing kids’ toys and other small things.
There is a handle that makes it easier to remove the trash when the can fills up. Note that you can even use the can in your car, dorm, camp, apartment, condo, and other places.
The other thing is the ease of cleaning as you only need to wipe the can.
5. Simplehuman 1.6 Gallon Plastic Bathroom Trash Can
- Due to its compact size this can will fit into almost any space.
- It comes with its own inner liner that is removable and easy to clean.
- The foot pedal enables users to dispose of trash without ever having to touch the bin.
- Lid seal can be extremely tight.
The Simplehuman plastic trash can is a step can that features a strong steel pedal. It contains a removable inner bucket which makes trash disposal an easy task. This product comes with a whopping five-year warranty.
6. Umbra Trash Can (Small) Black
- Its sleek design makes this bathroom trash can easy to clean with no rims to store dirt or germs.
- Despite its compact size this trash can manages to hold up to 2 gallons of trash.
- Durable hard plastic construction.
- Quality control on this trash can may be low
The Umbra trash can has a slim design that is very modern. It fits into small spaces with ease and is constructed from polypropylene for durability. This design comes in a variety of colors to suit any decor.
7. mDesign 1.3 Gallon Rectangular Small Steel Step Trash Can Wastebasket
- Perfect size for cabinet use
- Hands-free operation
- Quality construction
- A thin structure
The model comes in a rectangular shape that makes it ideal for placing inside your cabinet, under sink, under counter, or at other small spaces. It allows for hands-free operation, meaning that you can bet on germ-free operation.
Another notable thing is the ease of cleaning as you only need to wipe the can with a damp cloth. It also has a long-lasting liner bucket that you can lift out with ease for easy emptying.
The slime design also makes it the ideal model for use in various places like home, offices, and others. You can be of great quality and having value for money when you pick this trash can.
8. NINESTARS Automatic Touchless Infrared Motion Sensor Trash Can
- Motion sensor is infrared and water resistant
- Delay in sensing to prevent children from opening
- Ring liner keeps trash bag firmly in place
- Battery life preserved by delayed sensing technology
- Neat, clean appearance
- Faulty operating lid
- The automatic open/close feature doesn’t last long
The NINESTARS Automatic Touchless Infrared Motion Sensor Trash Can offers consumers dedicated customer service with a two-year warranty on product. The infrared motion sensor keeps moisture from damaging the equipment.
Battery life is extended because the delayed sensing technology averts children, pets, or accidents from unnecessarily opening product. Product life is continued due to a function known as quiet closure.
As an added bonus, consumers get an extended, two-year, hassle-free warranty.
9. Umbra Small Durable Wastebasket for Bathroom
- This wastebasket is extremely durable.
- Its design is sturdy and it has great capacity considering its size.
- The lightweight construction of this basket makes clean up a pleasure.
- This basket has a very thin structural design.
The Umbra small durable wastebasket for ideally designed to suit the space you have available in your bathroom. It is especially useful for small rooms as it is flexible and can be made to fit in almost any space. The unique style of this product can suit both modern and contemporary room decor.
10. Tall Automatic Bathroom Trash Can (13 Gallon) with lid
- No need to touch the trash can as it has a proximity sensor that automatically opens the lid for you.
- Stainless steel finish gives off a shine that shouts sophistication.
- Holds the trash bag in place making clean up an easy task.
- Can be a challenge to set the lid.
This automatic trash can operates almost silently. There are controls located at the top frontal area of the device allowing you to manually control the lid if desired. The proximity sensor, however, eliminates the need to touch the can at all as it automatically opens and will close after 5 seconds.
11. mDesign Plastic Trash Can with Handles
- The compact design allows this can to fit comfortably in almost any space.
- It is easy to clean making garbage disposal a breeze.
- There is a wide selection of colors available to blend in with any decor.
- Quality control on this trash can may be low.
The mDesign plastic trash can are ideal for small bathroom and odd places in and around any room. The think sleek design gives it tremendous flexibility allowing it to be easily maneuvered. The built in handles makes cleaning this device extremely easy.
12. Greenco Wastebasket (6 Gallon) Black
- This wastebasket has a sturdy construction.
- Despite its compact design the Greenco wastebasket holds 6 gallons of trash.
- The attractive look of this 3 piece set lifts the ambiance of any room.
- Quality control on this wastebasket may be low.
The Greenco wastebasket is made from a scratch resistant wire mesh. It is reinforced along the base and edges of the frame with metal for increased durability. Each basket can hold up to 6 gallons of trash.
13. United Solutions 10-Quart Trash Can (Black)
- This can is small enough to fit into small spaces in any sized room.
- Despite its compact size this mini can hold up to 1o quarts of trash.
- The sleek design has been constructed with high quality materials for increased durability.
- Not suitable to be used as your main waste disposal option.
The United Solutions 10-quart trash can has a slim classy design that will blend well into any type of decor. It is constructed from heavy-duty plastic and equipped to last for an extended period of time. Since United Solutions operate their own facilities, quality control on their products are very high.
14. Cook N Home Step Trash Can and Toilet Brush with Holder Set
- The metal lid closes quietly so use of the device remains discreet.
- Removable inner bucket can be lift out for easy disposal of trash.
- The brush is able to detach from its holder and can be replaced without having to repurchase the entire set.
- When the trash can lid drops it’s a bit loud.
The Cook N Home step trash can set has a polished surface you see your face in. The sleek finish adds class and sophistication to your bathroom decor. Its removable inner lining makes this design convenient when it comes to disposal and easy to clean.
15. Simplehuman Step Trash Can (Stainless Steel)
- This trash can doesn’t need expensive garbage bags your everyday shopping bags are just as efficient with this design.
- The lid stays open on its own without your having to maintain pressure o the medal.
- Smells are completely contained with this stainless steel trash can.
- Quality control on this waste receptacle can be low.
The Simplehuman step trash can hold up to 10 liters of garbage and is compact enough to fit small in any sized room. The stainless steel pedal on this device in engineered with durability in mind. Its plastic lid is dent proof and the inner bucket can be easily removed for effortless trash disposal.
16. InterDesign Wastebasket 10″ (Black)
- The compact design of this wastebasket makes it a great choice for small spaces.
- There is a wide variety of colors available to suit any decor.
- Built in handles makes it easy to take out the trash when your basket is full.
- Overall construction is very thin.
The InterDesign wastebasket has a thin plastic construction that allows the structure to have a wide range of flexibility. The sleek design is modern and able to blend in the established decor of your home. Integrated handles make everything easier from taking out the trash to cleansing the interior, it’s all made more convenient.
17. InterDesign Wastebasket for the Bathroom (Black)
- This wastebasket is ideal for a small bathroom, it is both compact and stylish.
- It is constructed from hard plastic to increase durability.
- Thanks to the smooth finish this design is easy to empty and clean.
- Quality control on this wastebasket may be low.
The InterDesign wastebasket can fit in almost any space which makes it ideal for your bathroom area. The hard plastic construction promotes product durability and is BPA free.
18. InterDesign Spa 11L Can
- Its sleek shiny finish will complement any modern home.
- The affordable price makes this can a great option for anyone on a budget.
- Plastic construction is durable and able to withstand heavy wear.
- Quality control on this trash can may be low.
The InterDesign spa trash can fit comfortably in any part of your room. It sports a classic rectangle shape and can hold up to 11 liters of trash. The product can also boast of being BPA free.
19. AmazonBasics Mesh Trash Can Waste Basket
- Sleek, industrial design
- Durable, wire mesh steel
- 4.5 gallon capacity
- Contents are slightly concealed
- Cylinder, flared shape
- Capacity is much larger than described
- Wire mesh is not put together with quality
This wire mesh trash can made by AmazonBasics has a polished design that can be used with simple mundane accommodations. The black, steel wire mesh construction is strong and augmented with a substantial base that is metal.
The waste basket is a common size for most office or work areas. It is moderately angled, 18-quart (4.5 gallon) sized trash receptacle. It has a slight transparency that allows for little concealment.
When you have a small bathroom every square inch counts. Having a trash can that is flexible allows you to stash it in spaces such as the sides of the toilet or under the pipes for your sink. This saves a lot of space and keeps your room functional.
Some bins are made of durable plastic but are thin enough to provide the flexibility needed to get your trash receptacle in a convenient spot for you.
If you have enough space in your bathroom for a step bin, many have removable liners which makes it easy to retrieve your trash and keep the wastebasket clean.
Step trash cans also offer the additional benefit of a lid. This not only keeps your can contents confidential, they also lock in odors. This is an excellent feature, also included, is the benefit of not having to put your hands in or on the trash receptacle.
When it comes to waste disposal there are a wide range of designs to choose from and each come with a unique set of advantages. Traditional wastebaskets tend to be small and circular or rectangular in shape. These are generally made of plastic which is a very durable material.
Generally, these trash cans have built in handles which allow you to easy carry your trash to dispose of it, without the hassle.
Many manufacturers go for high grade plastic when it comes to trash cans. These can be easily cleaned with the use of a damp cloth and are very strong which offers sturdy construction.
Metal bins are not as easy to keep clean as plastic since they are heavier, making them a challenge to tip over and empty. They also tend to rust due to the spillage of liquids and similar materials within the bin. For that reason many designs now have removable containers which help to maintain the integrity of the metal frame.
Step bins offer an increased level of convenience. I don’t know anyone who likes having to stick their hand in trash can to dispose of their garbage. Due to its lever design, users can utilize this bin without having to every lay their hands on it.
Many step bins can remain open on their own which eliminates the need for you to exert continuous pressure. You can simple close the lid when you have completed your disposal.
The metal used on the pedal of these devices tend to have strong properties which improves the longevity of your device.
Plastic receptacles tend to have very high durability. This material is extremely resistant to external factors such as corrosion, shock and water. They are also sturdy and able to withstand heavy loads and wear.
Metal is not as resistant as plastic, however, it is a very strong material and offers longevity. It is not easily damaged or warped from increased pressure or force. It also provides a classy neutral look that can easily blend with the decor of any room.
Mesh baskets which are typically made from steel wires use metal to reinforce the bottom and edges of the frame. This makes these types of waste baskets strong, sturdy and very durable. They also provide a classy finish.
Metal trash cans look great, especially when they have a polished finish, however, they don’t offer much in terms of color. This makes a plastic trash can a great choice if you have a standing color scheme and need a bin that can match your decor.
Plastic trash cans come in a wide range of neutral, earthy shades like brown, black white and grey. They can also be used to give you room a splash of color with bright additions such as red, yellow and baby blue.
Selecting the right color for your bathroom can leave you feeling content and impress any visitor that walks into your well but together room.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Where to Put Trash Can in Bathroom?
A: You can place your trash can under a cabinet door to ensure that your bathroom looks neat. That way, you separate the trash system from other things in your bathroom.
Q: What Size are Bathroom Trash Cans?
A: A four gallons bathroom trash can is adequate, although you can go for a large one. The size depends on your bathroom size and where you want to place it.
Q: Should Bathroom Trash Can Have a Lid?
A: That depends on your preference. However, it is advisable to get a can with a lid to avoid the trash from being blown by the wind to the floor.
Q: How Many Gallons is a Small Bathroom Trash Can?
A: A small bathroom trash is about 10 liters or 2.5 gallons.
There is a wide range of choices when it comes to bathroom trash cans. You can make your selection based on function or go for an outlandish design that will boost your confidence and convenience.
With the wide selection of plastic, metal, step and automatic trash cans on this list it’s easy to find a selection to perfectly suit your needs. This is especially the case if you’re looking for a design with the convenience of a lid. Waste disposal isn’t the most flattering of activities, but we can definitely keep it discreet.