UPDATED: Mar 07, 2020.
It is extremely frustrating to have your bathtub drain get clogged. If you have long hair, this certainly is a problem you would have to deal with more than often. However, you don’t have to worry about clogged drains every other day because drain hair catchers are here to make our lives easier.
Bathtub drain hair catchers allow water to pass through the drain while blocking hair, debris, and other foreign bodies. In short, your drain doesn’t get clogged. Once you are done taking a bath, you just have to remove the debris caught by the unit and that’s it.
At a Glance: Our Top Picks for Best Bathtub Drain Hair Catcher:
- TubShroom The Revolutionary Tub Drain Protector Hair (Top Pick)
- OXO Good Grips Silicone Drain Protector (Top Rated)
- LEKEYE Shower Drain Hair Catcher and Silicone (Editor Choice)
- MEVOL Tub Drain Hair Catcher
- SlipX Solutions Stop-A-Clog Drain Protector
- TubKeeper Hair Catcher Drain Cover for Bathtub
- Tub Drain Hair Catcher, Upgraded Bathtub Shower Drain
- FNX Drain Hair Catcher – Bathtub Drain Cover/Strainer
- LEKEYE Drain Hair Catcher
- Hair Snare Drain Cover Universal – White
- 1 What’s The Best Bathtub Drain Hair Catcher Out There?
- 1.1 1. TubShroom The Revolutionary Tub Drain Protector Hair Catcher/Strainer/Snare, White
- 1.2 2. OXO Good Grips Silicone Drain Protector for Pop-Up & Regular Drains
- 1.3 3. LEKEYE Shower Drain Hair Catcher/Strainer/Stainless Steel and Silicone
- 1.4 4. MEVOL Tub Drain Hair Catcher
- 1.5 5. SlipX Solutions Stop-A-Clog Drain Protector
- 1.6 6. TubKeeper 3-in-1 Hair Catcher Drain Stopper Hot Safety Drain Cover for Bathtub
- 1.7 7. Tub Drain Hair Catcher, Upgraded Bathtub Shower Combo Drain Protector Hair Strainer
- 1.8 8. FNX Drain Hair Catcher – Bathtub Drain Cover/Strainer
- 1.9 9. LEKEYE Drain Hair Catcher
- 1.10 10. Hair Snare Drain Cover Universal – White
- 2 What To Look For When Buying A Bathtub Drain Hair Catcher?
- 3 How To Install The Bathtub Drain Hair Catcher?
- 4 Summing Up
What’s The Best Bathtub Drain Hair Catcher Out There?
To help you pick the best one that actually works and fits your bathtub, have a look at the list of 10 best bathtub drain hair catcher reviewed here:
1. TubShroom The Revolutionary Tub Drain Protector Hair Catcher/Strainer/Snare, White
- Durable stainless steel construction
- Keeps the water flowing
- Helps reduce the plumbing bills
- It needs cleaning after every single shower
TubShroom’s revolutionary tub drain protector hair catcher fits inside the drain to collect hair around it. It readily fits any standard tub drain and catches hair every time whether it is human hair or pet hair. You won’t have to bear exorbitant plumber bills due to clogged drains.
It is made from stainless steel material which adds to the durability. As long as it’s installed, you will be sure the water in the bathtub keeps flowing.
2. OXO Good Grips Silicone Drain Protector for Pop-Up & Regular Drains
- Its design makes it accommodate both flat and pop-up drains
- It works well and it’s easy to clean
- It doesn’t move around while you are taking a shower
- Some users say it is not great at trapping hair
OXO good grips silicone drain protector is meant to fit both regular and pop-run drains. That is why it has a tall and dome shape. It has enough weight to keep it in place.
It is made of both stainless steel and silicone. The edges of the drain protector sit flush with the tub to make sure no hair goes down the drain. This drain stopper will guard your pipes against not just hair but debris too.
3. LEKEYE Shower Drain Hair Catcher/Strainer/Stainless Steel and Silicone
- It fits over the drain well and doesn’t budge
- Its sleek designs catches hair very efficiently
- It’s easy to clean and maintain
- It might block the water flow
LEKEYE shower drain hair catcher has elliptical holes that do a profound job in grasping hair without causing any blockage. The drain catcher has an intermediate semi-circle design to promote smooth drainage.
It has a stainless steel body with silicone edges which makes it very easy to fit and clean. You won’t have to worry about catching rust either.
4. MEVOL Tub Drain Hair Catcher
- It fits in the drain well
- It has an innovate design that keeps hair and water separate
- You just have to wipe clean the hair and debris
- It’s not very durable
MEVOL Tub drain hair catcher can fit all drain sizes from 1.49” to 1.77” inner hole diameter. It has an innovative design that keeps water and hair flow in different ways. The hair and debris stay on the sealed rubber ring while the water flows down the drain through the big holes.
It comes with 4 rubber rings. Before installing, check the size of your drain and choose the suitable size of the rubber ring. Insert and push the unit into the drain.
Once you are done using the shower, wipe the hair with a tissue and it’s ready to go into the drain again. You won’t have to clean it every day.
5. SlipX Solutions Stop-A-Clog Drain Protector
- It’s recommended for those who have long hair
- Since hair wraps around the base of the inner part, it’s easy to clean
- It’s durable
- The seal of the suction cups is poor
SlipX Solutions stop-A-clog drain protector is an easy to use unit that keeps your bathroom drain free and flowing without causing hair clog. Its inner diameter is 3 inches whereas outer diameter is 5 ¼ inches. But don’t worry, it has been designed to fit all standard showers and tub drains.
It has 6 suction cups that can adhere to any smooth surface whether it is tile or fiberglass. To create a secure seal, you will have to run water over the suction cups and push them down.
Once you are done showering, simply clean the hair and debris, rinse the unit and air dry it. It is also dishwasher safe.
6. TubKeeper 3-in-1 Hair Catcher Drain Stopper Hot Safety Drain Cover for Bathtub
- The design makes it super easy to clean
- It completely fits inside the drain to gather all the debris
- It does not slow down the water drainage
- The unit is fragile
TubKeeper 3-in-1 hair catcher drain stopper is a sophisticated unit. It also comes with a hot safety cap. It must fit inside the drain to collect the hair and other debris. Although your drain will be unexposed from all directions, this will not slow down the water drainage during shower.
If the water temperature goes about 100 F degree, the cap turns pink to prevent scalds and burns. It is super easy to clean.
You just have to wipe off the hair around the bottom. It does not have any holes and mesh that are difficult to clean. It is also mold and mildew resistant.
7. Tub Drain Hair Catcher, Upgraded Bathtub Shower Combo Drain Protector Hair Strainer
- The composite material does not catch any mold or become rusty
- It grabs all type of hair (human and pet included)
- Very easy to use and maintain
- It catches everything so you may feel a little uncomfortable cleaning it
This drain hair catcher separates hair and water to different paths. You can forget about clogged drains and save money on plumber bills. It fits well on 1.46” to 1.79” bathroom tub drain.
It has an anti-rust and anti-mold design. The unit has a chrome finish and hence it adds to the tub décor. The composite material makes it strong and durable.
Whether it is human hair or pet hair, the drain hair catcher will collect all hair. You will then have to simply wipe them clean. You will have to clean it once in 5 to 7 days to maintain a steady flow.
8. FNX Drain Hair Catcher – Bathtub Drain Cover/Strainer
- It is made from durable material
- It hugs all drain curves to make sure it doesn’t let any hair go down the drain
- It is easy to clean
- The unit slows down water drainage
FNX drain hair catcher is made from silicone to ensure that it lasts for a long time. It can fit any 1.5 inches standard bathtub drain snugly.
Once it is in place, you won’t need a toxic drain cleaner to unclog the drain. It fits inside the drain and collects all waste and hair. Once you are done, wipe and rinse the unit. There is no extra maintenance required.
9. LEKEYE Drain Hair Catcher
- It has an innovative design
- It stays in place while you shower
- It is easy to install
- The catcher may not fit in your drain
LEKEYE drain hair catcher is a unique unit with an innovative design. It has a cylindrical shape with a sealed rubber ring. The water goes through small holes. The stainless steel construction makes it durable for use. It is rust-proof and mold-resistant. It will stay in top condition for years.
The catcher is compatible with most drain sizes. It stays in place and keeps hair away from the drain without affecting the water drainage. All you have to do is remove the captured hair and rinse it to use it.
10. Hair Snare Drain Cover Universal – White
- It has a sturdy and flexible design
- It smartly catches all hair and debris
- Small holes in the design may slow water drainage
Hair snare drain cover universal keeps hair and all other items that may clog your drains away. It is self-sealing and flexible.
It has a stainless steel mesh which makes it a durable option. The water goes through the strainer and the strainer catches the hair. Whether it is dog hair or human hair, it won’t miss anything.
What To Look For When Buying A Bathtub Drain Hair Catcher?
It would be a little difficult for you to find the best drain hair catcher as so many are out there already. However, if you know what factors to look out for, you can buy the best one. So, here is what you must look for when buying a bathtub drain hair catcher:
The design of the catcher is the first thing to consider. A catcher with a good design lets you prevent the drain from clogging up. You can remove the debris and hair very easily and put it back in place to let it do its job.
Always check the material of the bathtub drain hair catcher before purchasing one. If you are looking for a sturdy and durable unit, stainless steel is an ideal material. The units that are being sold these days are mold and rust-proof so don’t hesitate in choosing a drain hair catcher made from stainless steel.
Make sure the bathtub drain hair catcher is easy to install, remove, and clean. This will save you time and effort.
How To Install The Bathtub Drain Hair Catcher?
Usually, bathtub drain catchers just fit into the drain. You don’t need any special skills to install one. It simply goes inside the drain and does what it’s supposed to do i.e. catch hair and debris.
A bathtub drain catcher is no doubt a great investment. You can literally save yourself the hefty plumbing expenses by simply placing it in your drain. To make sure you choose the best catcher, it is recommended to pick from the list of best bathtub drains hair catchers reviewed above and save some time.