If you a looking to do a renovation of your bathroom or building a new home you will have lots of options when it comes to washroom fixtures. Especially when installing faucets, you will have hundreds of options such that you will be overwhelmed by their sheer number.
That’s why we have reviewed the top bathtub faucets on the market today and provided a buyer’s guide to help you get started. With this review and guide, you are assured of getting the best bathtub faucet for your bathroom.
Let’s get started with the review!
At a Glance: Our Top Choices for Best Bathtub Faucet that Feature in This Guide:
- American Standard Diverter Tub Spout (Top Pick)
- Delta Faucet RP17453 Tub Spout (Top Rated)
- Delta Faucet Diverter Tub Spout (Editor Choice)
- Delta RP61357BN Diverter Tub Spout
- My PlumbingStuff Tub Faucet
- Moen Shower Tub Diverter Spout
- Moen High-Arc Roman Tub Faucet
- DANCO Universal Tub Spout
- Westbrass Front Diverter Tub Spout
- 1 Top 9 Bathtub Faucet Reviews for 2020
- 1.1 1. American Standard 8888.026.002 Slip-On 4 Inches Diverter Tub Spout
- 1.2 2. Delta Faucet RP17453 Tub Spout
- 1.3 3. Delta Faucet U1072-PK Diverter Tub Spout
- 1.4 4. Delta RP61357BN Diverter Tub Spout
- 1.5 5. My PlumbingStuff Heavy Duty B3100 3 3/8-Inch Centers Clawfoot Tub Faucet
- 1.6 6. Moen 3931 Replacement Shower Tub Diverter Spout
- 1.7 7. Moen Eve Two-Handle High-Arc Roman Tub Faucet
- 1.8 8. DANCO Universal Tub Spout
- 1.9 9. Westbrass E531D-1f 5-1/4-Inch Front Diverter Tub Spout
- 2 Bathtub Faucet Buyer’s Guide
- 3 FAQs About Best Bathtub Faucet
- 4 Final Verdict
Top 9 Bathtub Faucet Reviews for 2020
We went through a lot of bathtub faucet and came up with the top 10 models on the market today.
1. American Standard 8888.026.002 Slip-On 4 Inches Diverter Tub Spout
The American Standard Slip-On Diverter Tub Spout is one of the best units on the market today. It is made of a high-quality brass material that adds to its durability and ensures that it doesn’t corrode easily. The diverter is perfect for use with 0.5 inches copper pipe, although it is not included.
This unit boasts of easy and fast installation, meaning that you will take just a few minutes to get it working. Weighing around 0.10 pounds, the unit is easy to hold when installing. You don’t need an extra hand to help you with this process.
Furthermore, this unit meets the safe drinking water and toxic requirements making its water healthy for drinking. It also looks great and its main benefits include reliability and performance.
2. Delta Faucet RP17453 Tub Spout
Most homeowners like to buy a diverter that is cheap and easy to use. If that’s also your primary concerns, then the Delta Faucet RP17453 might just be what you need. It is a functional unit that is quite affordable.
And the best part, this item works well without any risk of leaking and doesn’t waste your water. In fact, due to its highly engineered construction, the diverter stops the water from running off when it is shut off.
The faucet comes with a lifetime warranty. Hence, if you want to repair it, you can easily get parts from the manufacturer. These parts are also very easy to replace. Also, the unit is made of brass material and comes with a strong gut that ensures it lasts for decades.
3. Delta Faucet U1072-PK Diverter Tub Spout
Delta Faucet U1072-PK is a universal showering element that boasts of a timeless design. This is not just another cheaply made spout that will start to leak after a few uses, it is a product that will last for decades.
The item is easy to install in your bathroom, without needing the help of a professional. You only need to use TPE paste and Teflon tape to get it in place and enjoy a leak-free service. However, you might need to buy a longer hose because this unit’s shower connection faces downwards.
With that said, the item won’t disappoint you. It was made to be reliable and provide consistent results every time you use it. With this diverter, you are assured of saving your water and hence water bill.
4. Delta RP61357BN Diverter Tub Spout
This is yet another diverter tub spout from Delta. This model is made of brushed nickel that not only ensures that the unit is strong but also prevents rust from water chemicals. Due to this, the unit lasts for years while providing the service it was meant to provide.
The best part, if it gets damaged, you are assured of getting genuine delta repair parts to restore it to the working condition. The unit might require a plastic collar when installing it, which is not included in the package.
Its installation process is very simply, you only need to thread it into the nose of the spout and it will be good to go. This item guarantees you the best performance while being reliable every time you need to take a bath.
5. My PlumbingStuff Heavy Duty B3100 3 3/8-Inch Centers Clawfoot Tub Faucet
The Heavy Duty B3100 tub faucet is ideal for replacing all faucets installed in My PlumbingStuff products. Also, the item can be used on all cast iron rolled tops and it was built to last for over 12 decades. However, note that it will only work on drill holes of 3-3/8 inches.
It boasts of a polished chrome body that helps to add a touch of style and elegance to your bathroom. Furthermore, the metal is ADA-complaint and provides easy use. It also comes with a 2-handle design that makes it easier to divert the water flow.
Another great feature of this item is the ceramic stems that provide efficient operation as well as easy maintenance.
6. Moen 3931 Replacement Shower Tub Diverter Spout
Renovate your bathroom with the Moen 3931 Replacement Shower Tub Diverter Spout. This item provides a highly reflective chrome surface for a mirror-like appearance that works will almost all bathroom decors.
Its installation process is very easy; thanks to the O-ring seal that easily clamps over 0.5 inches copper water pipes. Furthermore, the product comes with a limited warranty that covers drips, leaks, and finish defects.
Made to be consistent, the product is quite strong and doesn’t get broken easily. You will also be excited to learn that its spare parts are readily available on the market, meaning that you can restore its useful life within minutes if it gets damaged.
7. Moen Eve Two-Handle High-Arc Roman Tub Faucet
This faucet is compatible with M-PACT valve systems and is very easy to install. In fact, you only need to rotate it to get it in place. The product makes your bathroom to be more attractive due to its classic charms and flowing curves and it comes with a 2-hadle design.
It also boasts of a high-arc swan-like spout as well as two amazing petal-like lever handles that provides you total control of water flow and temperature. The item features a lifeshine brushed nickel body that resists corroding and flaking for the lifetime of your faucet.
With a backed limited lifetime warranty and a transitional design, the product adds a classic look to any 3-hole bath.
8. DANCO Universal Tub Spout
Danco is among the biggest replacement, remodel, and plumbing repair supplies in the home renovation industry. Their Universal Tub Spout is one of their main products that can update your washroom and it comes with a polished brass body.
This product will not only upgrade your bathroom but also prevent water leaks, saving you money in terms of water reduce water bill. This unit doesn’t corrode or rust under any condition and will last for decades.
Its installation process is very easy and simple and is made of durable and strong metal. Furthermore, the product comes complete with a wrench, adapters, and tape for seamless and easy installation. It is compatible with different nose threading including a ¾ inches and ½ inches threading.
9. Westbrass E531D-1f 5-1/4-Inch Front Diverter Tub Spout
This unit from Westbrass comes with a 1/2-inch IPS connection and a front diverter knob. The two features make it easy to install even if you aren’t a professional. It also features a polished chrome body that complements any bathroom décor to makes it more attractive.
Furthermore, its understated and sleek design blends well into all aesthetics, making them more beautiful. The spout lasts for decades and does its job well without leaking any water.
Also, it is an affordable item that is of high-quality and corrosion and rust free. With this unit, you are assured of enjoying your bath every time you want without any interruptions.
Bathtub Faucet Buyer’s Guide
You cannot simply walk into a store and pick the first faucet that you come across. There are a lot of things that you should consider before you settle for one. These things are:
Faucet Installation Types
If you are replacing an old model with a new one, it is best if you buy a model with the same installation type. Its hole will fit perfectly and you will not need to fret about whether your faucet will work or not.
On the contrary, if you are building a new home, you will have the freedom of choosing the model that best suits your preference.
These types include:
- Center-set faucet – This unit has 2 handles and a solid unit. Its side holes are located 4-inch apart.
- Spread-fit or widespread faucet – The 2 handles and the spout are separate, meaning that you can choose how wide you want to space them.
- Single-hole faucet – This is a solid unit with just one handle that controls both the cold and hot water.
- Wall-mounted faucet – This faucet should be installed on the wall as opposed to the counter or sink. Your concern here should be splashing.
Faucets are quite simple, so there are not many features that you can consider. With that said, you can consider:
- Spout arc height – This will inform you how tall your spout will be.
- Number of handles – One handle looks more modern and sleeker while two handles are ideal for getting the perfect temperature.
Styles of Faucets
These items often come in 3 different styles: modern, traditional, and transitional. The styles determine how much fun you will have.
For instance, you can match your bathroom with a contemporary and stylish faucet or simply make a statement with a retro, vintage style.
When it comes to the style, you are only limited by your imaginations and tastes.
The finish or body plays an important role. You should match your bathroom décor with the finish. Although not a must, it will give your washroom a sense of harmony.
- Chrome finish – It provides a reflective surface that is easy to clean but often marred by stains.
- Brass – It is a warm, golden color that looks antique or retro. It works well for a person who wants to achieve retro.
- Brushed-chrome finish – It is similar to the silver chrome but with a brushed matte body. It reduces the shine of the chrome finish.
- Nickel – It is almost similar to chrome but a nit warmer with a golden touch. Also, comes in a brushed or reflective finish.
- Black – It is striking and modern and hides the dirt well.
- Bronze – It is darker than brass and evokes tradition and luxury.
Black and chrome finish are consistent with modern bathrooms, while the rest are more of traditional styles.
FAQs About Best Bathtub Faucet
Here are some of the most asked questions about bathtub faucet.
Q: Which is the best faucet for my bathroom?
A: Faucet color and style provide the finishing touch of your bathroom. Although it might seem less significant than, for instance, vanity size or bathtub style, it is still a valuable washroom décor element.
If you are changing your old faucet, note that a change in style might update your washroom décor in an affordable way. Make it more traditional or modern by simply changing your faucet style.
Improve your retro washroom with a striking industrial-style faucet, or maintain the ultra-sleek and ultra-modern look with the latest faucet designs.
Q: Why is the finish on my faucet spout and handles deteriorating?
A: Generally, the finish deteriorates over the years due to wear and tear, chemical attack, and abuse. It cannot be repaired when it is worn out; however, you can easily replace different parts of your faucets when the deterioration is easily noticeable.
Q: What are the benefits of a bathtub faucet?
A: This product comes in handy to add attraction to your bathroom. If you get the right faucet that matches your bathroom décor, you can rest assured that it will make it look better.
Q: Are bathtub faucets expensive?
A: No really. There are both affordable and expensive models out there. Of important, note that the cheap models might be of low-quality and last for just a few years.
Q: Can I get a rust-resistance bathtub faucet?
A: Yes. These products are rust-resistance to ensure that they survive under wet conditions for decades. Buy a product that is polished and made of rust-resistance material.
Q: Who should change my bathtub faucet?
A: It is very easy to change these faucets. With that said, always have a professional install your faucet to ensure that there is no leak in the future.
The average bathroom leaky faucets account for over 10,000 gallons of water per year or gallons of water required to wash 270 pieces of laundry. Therefore, getting the best bathtub faucet is an important task that you should do as soon as possible. These items also add that modern touch to your bathroom or even give it a traditional feel if you prefer that.