Honey-farming is a great and rewarding occupation. But it sure requires a lot of skills to do it correctly. The most important thing that you should have is the right beekeeping Gloves.
We all know that how bad it hurts when a bee stings and it gets much worse with every passing day until it gets back to normal. This is why it is important to choose the right beekeeping gloves for you.
There are a lot of beekeeping protective hand gloves available in the market but not every other product is good. So, today in this list we have accumulated top 7 beekeeping hand gloves to choose from.
Table of Contents
- 1 A Quick Review of Top 7 Beekeeping Gloves in 2019
- 1.1 1. Natural Apiary Ventilated Sleeves
- 1.2 2. Natural Apiary Goatskin Beekeeping gloves
- 1.3 3. Farmunion protective Beekeeping and Sleeves gloves combo
- 1.4 4. Humble Bee 115 Beekeeping Gloves
- 1.5 5. Premium Goatskin Leather Gloves by Forest Beekeeping Supply
- 1.6 6. Yosoo Goatskin Beekeeping Gloves
- 1.7 7. Leather beekeeping Gloves by Caydo
- 2 Why is beekeeping Gloves so Important?
- 3 A Complete Guide for Choosing the Perfect beekeeping Gloves
- 4 The Bottom Line
A Quick Review of Top 7 Beekeeping Gloves in 2019
Among a plethora of options, these 7 beekeeping gloves are the best that you can get. In this review, we will discuss all the important aspects of these products.
1. Natural Apiary Ventilated Sleeves
- The ventilation around the wrist area is quite effective
- The canvas sleeves are long and save from any sting bites
- Perfect for beekeeping non-aggressive bees
- The leather is not dense enough to stop the sting of aggressive bees like African bees
These beekeeping gloves are made from durable and soft cowhide leather. These are extra-long for better protection and cover the whole arm under the elbow. The sleeves are ventilated and so wearing it for hours of work will not be a problem.
These are tough and offer proper protection against the sting of the bees. The knuckle size that this glove offer is 16 cm. which is quite standard. This canvas sting proof cuffs come with a full replacement warranty so you can use it, however, your job requires it without any hesitation.
2. Natural Apiary Goatskin Beekeeping gloves
- Offers great room from inside to fit the fingers perfectly
- The leather used in the making of these gloves is quite thick
- Long sleeves offer additional protection
- Without proper waxing, stings will get past the leather easily in rainy conditions
This beekeeping glove is made from soft and strong goat leather. With these on your arm, you will enjoy complete security from the stings. The thick sleeves are extra-long and will cover your arm under the elbow for extra protection against the bees.
It comes with a knuckle size of 28 cm. These string proof cuffs are stitched together with soft pliable leather hands that offer you complete freedom and ease in the usage of these.
The twill elasticated gauntlet design protects your forearms quite effective and thus you do not need to wear bulky full sleeve beekeeping suits anymore.
3. Farmunion protective Beekeeping and Sleeves gloves combo
- Very Cheap and offers great value for its price
- High-quality product with great finish
- Lightweight and straight thumb design for easy and effective usage
- The cotton fabric does not offer much confidence
If you live in a region is temperature is usually high then these are a great pick for your beekeeping needs. This suit and glove combo is the perfect duo for beekeeping as the high-quality cotton offers you an effective safety from the stings.
The zipper and back net is made from strong material. The arm protection it offers is great as it covers the complete forearm and the twill design leaves no change of intrusion. The gloves are made with Sheepskin which is almost impenetrable for a bee sting.
The ventilation fabric offers a regular flow of air so that you would not feel irritation in its usage.
4. Humble Bee 115 Beekeeping Gloves
- Heavy duty canvas sleeves for professional users
- The product is made from strong and durable cow leather
- Unisex design and comfortable fit to suit everyone
- The leather near the part of wrist and fingers is prone to bee stings
This amazing beekeeping glove is made from cow leather which will offer you great protection against the sting of the bees. The best part about these gloves is that they are not entirely made of cow leather, it is mixed up with 50% of cotton which makes it lightweight.
The unisex theme is great and fits everyone. The ventilated wrists and elastic cuffs are a great combination that will keep you safe from any bee stings. The Sleeves are tailored to be full-length and so you do not have to wear a bulky full sleeve beekeeping suit anymore.
5. Premium Goatskin Leather Gloves by Forest Beekeeping Supply
- The product is made as per international standards
- Can be used for all kinds of beekeeping
- Tailored fit and offer great movement in and out of the product
- Quite expensive than other gloves with the same features
If you are looking for a high-quality beekeeping glove that can meet the international standards then this is the perfect pick for you. This amazing product comes with a variety of features such as its string resistance is off the charts, the elastic cuffs and the vented foam mesh adds to the overall ease in the usage
It is lightweight and the elastic gauntlet does not leave any mark on the skin. The wrists are reinforced with additional protection. The long canvas sleeves protect your forearms and the tailored fit makes sure that no bee gets in these gloves.
The unisex design is perfect for beekeeping on rooftop and commercial.
6. Yosoo Goatskin Beekeeping Gloves
- This product offers a total arm coverage
- The fabric is great for the ventilation
- It offers a soothing color scheme that does not attract bees.
- Offers no protection beyond the head veil
This beekeeping glove is a great product for you if you are doing beekeeping for living in an area where the temperature is usually high. The material used to make this product is cotton and Goatskin leather so it is lightweight and has proper ventilation.
The head veil is reinforced with a double layer of material. The straight thumb design and the soft hand finish of the gloves offer a great grip. The grey and white color scheme of this product is subtle and does not attract bees.
The thick long-sleeves comes with vented cloth and so you get that much-needed double amount of protection.
7. Leather beekeeping Gloves by Caydo
- The product is made out of durable canvas material
- Thick leather hands for better and effective protection
- Perfect for beekeeping with aggressive bees
- The weight of the product is quite heavy
This properly vented beekeeping glove is made out of the premium quality of leather. The Goatskin leather that is used in its making is probably impenetrable and you will enjoy great protection from bee stings.
The arms of these gloves are nice and long but the handling does not get affected because of it. It is a bit heavy but it is not a problem because the length and the size of the fitting are nice. The grey and white color scheme helps you to keep the bees and their stings away from you.
The thick layers make it a nice pick for those who practice beekeeping with African or any other species of aggressive bees.
Why is beekeeping Gloves so Important?
Just like beekeeping vests, pants, and boots; beekeeping gloves are also very important. The reason behind this is that the sting of the bee hurts very much and so when you are beekeeping the changes of getting stung by them increases greatly.
Protects you from stings:
Bee suits are not 100% effective and the reason behind that is the design and material. They are usually worn over a shirt or some other vest which leaves the forearms and palms completely exposed.
So, this is why beekeeping gloves work as an essential and should be worn by everyone.It helps you to keep your hands safe and sound from the sting of the bees. Also, with the confidence that you get when you wear these helps you in the working exponentially.
Offers you a great holding grip:
beekeeping gloves are very effective when it comes to gripping things. The material of the glove helps you to pick articles without any problem regarding the grip over it. So, if you are professional beekeeper than beekeeper gloves are very important.
A Complete Guide for Choosing the Perfect beekeeping Gloves
It is important to check certain things while making a purchase for your beekeeping gloves. This is because if you purchase is not as per your requirements, it will do you no good. So, following a complete guide that will cover the topic of how to purchase beekeeping gloves.
Size of the Middle finger:
While purchasing a beekeeping glove make sure that you check the size of your middle finger. This is important because most of the companies share the size of the information by defining the length of the middle finger. This way you will get a perfect fitting.
Another important measurement that you should know before making the purchase is the size of your knuckle. This is one of the two measurements that are given by the manufacturers.
The material of the Gloves:
The material of the glove defines the toughness and usefulness of the beekeeping glove. It is suggested that you should go for a beekeeping glove that is made with durable materials like leather.
Cotton is also used to make these hand gloves but that does not offer the user much safety as cotton is pretty easy to penetrate for the sting of a bee. So, try to look for a beekeeping glove that is made with Cow or Goat skin leather for best results.
Length and pattern of the glove:
The length of the glove is an important aspect as it will offer you complete protection of the forearms. Also, elastic of the glove should be tight as it saves the user from getting any bee inside the clothing and the suit.
The Bottom Line
This way a quick review and some other detailed things regarding beekeeping Gloves. So, if you do not have time to research your way into other products and details, all you need to do is to follow this information and you will make the perfect choice without any hassle.