UPDATED: Jan 05, 2020.
What is the best carpet sweeper to buy? Most homeowners know everything about vacuum cleaners, but they know nothing about carpet sweepers.
We will help you get the right unit by looking at the best carpet sweepers on the market today. If you want to learn more, continue reading this review to get the 15 leading models and some tips about carpet sweepers.
At a Glance: Our Top Choices for Best Carpet Sweepers that Feature in This Guide:
- Bissell Natural Sweep Sweeper (Top Pick)
- Fuller Brush Electrostatic Sweeper (Top Rated)
- Bissell 28806 Perfect Sweeper (Editor Choice)
- Ontel Swivel Sweeper Max
- Bissell Sweep Up 2101-2 Sweeper
- BLACK+DECKER Lithium Floor Sweeper
- Grandi Groom AB24 Carpet Rake
- Eyliden Carpet and Floor Sweeper
- Intel SWSMAX Swivel Sweeper
- Shark V2930 Cordless Sweeper
- Bissell 2101V Sweep-Up Sweeper
- Casabella Carpet Sweeper
- Bissell 2198 Refresh Manual Sweeper
- Shark Floor And Carpet Sweeper
- Dirt Devil Sweep Manual Sweeper
- 1 Carpet Sweepers – Top 15 Models Reviews
- 1.1 1. Bissell 92N0A Natural Sweep Sweeper
- 1.2 2. Fuller Brush 17027 Electrostatic Sweeper
- 1.3 3. Bissell 28806 Perfect Sweeper
- 1.4 4. Ontel Swivel Sweeper Max
- 1.5 5. Bissell Sweep Up 2101-2 Sweeper
- 1.6 6. BLACK+DECKER Lithium Floor Sweeper
- 1.7 7. Grandi Groom AB24 Carpet Rake
- 1.8 8. Eyliden Carpet and Floor Sweeper
- 1.9 9. Intel SWSMAX Swivel Sweeper
- 1.10 10. Shark V2930 Cordless Sweeper
- 1.11 11. Bissell 2101V Sweep-Up Sweeper
- 1.12 12. Casabella Carpet Sweeper
- 1.13 13. Bissell 2198 Refresh Manual Sweeper
- 1.14 14. Shark V2700Z Floor And Carpet Sweeper
- 1.15 15. Dirt Devil PD10010 Sweep Manual Sweeper
- 2 Carpet Sweeper Buying Tips
- 3 In conclusion
Carpet Sweepers – Top 15 Models Reviews
The consumer reports rank the following 15 carpet sweeps highly. But why! Here is their review.
1. Bissell 92N0A Natural Sweep Sweeper
Perfect for quiet and quick cleanups of daily messes like cereal, dirt, pet hair, crumbs, and more, the 92N0A does a great job. It is safe for cleaning all surfaces, including hard floors, rugs, and carpets.
The model is lightweight and compact to make it easier to store and move around. Another feature is the dual rotating brush rolls that collect small and large debris on return and forward passes.
Besides, it boasts of an eco-friendly design that is free of PVC, and its parts are 100% recycled plastic.
- Made of recycled plastic
- Perfect for pet hair
- Doesn’t use electricity
- Might break
2. Fuller Brush 17027 Electrostatic Sweeper
The Fuller Brush 17027 is recommended for all crumby cleanups that need a quick touchup. It comes with a quality bristle rotor that allows you to collect dust, debris, glass, paper clips, and pet hair from the floors.
Moreover, it is a compact model that is easy to move around when sweeping your house. One great thing is the ability to clean different floors, without destroying them.
The cleaner is also quite stable, meaning that you don’t need to worry that it will get damaged easily.
- Durable model
- Perfect for all floors
- Very affordable
- Might need to be screwed
3. Bissell 28806 Perfect Sweeper
The unit comes with a 7.2V battery that provides you with a maximum of 60 minutes of continuous cleaning. It is effortless to remove the dirt container when emptying the trash.
The sweeper is recommended for hard floors, rugs, and carpet. You won’t get any suction from the model although it comes with a motorized sweeper.
It also takes a short time for the battery to get fully charged.
- Up to one hour of cleaning
- Perfect for in-between cleanings
- Faster to charge
- No suction power
4. Ontel Swivel Sweeper Max
Ontel Swivel Sweeper Max is made of a plastic material that ensures it remains durable for years. The model doesn’t use messy or expensive bags that can easily dirt your hands when emptying.
It also comes with cleanable, reusable, and removable bristles. Thus, you can recycle the bristles and even change them when they get old.
The model offers a maximum of 4000 rpm to remove even the toughest of messes.
- Doesn’t use bags
- Cleans under furniture
- Cleans tough messes
- A bit expensive
5. Bissell Sweep Up 2101-2 Sweeper
Bissell Sweep Up 2101-2 Sweeper is a model for oriental rugs and can clean carpet and bare floors too. It quickly collects crumbs, dirt, and lint on reverse and forward motion to provide a clean home.
Without a cord to plug in, the model is convenient to use since you can take it anywhere in your home. Besides, it doesn’t come with a dustpan that will require constant maintenance.
The unit boasts of the 7-brush system to ensure that you collect every mess on the floor.
- Very easy to handle
- Cleans on forward and back motion
- No inconvenient dustpan
- Requires constant emptying
6. BLACK+DECKER Lithium Floor Sweeper
Clean every mess with a maximum of 100 cleaning minutes with this model from BLACK and DECKER. It is sleek and lightweight to enable you to move it around the house with ease using one hand.
Its head swivels smoothly to let you steer it around, behind, and under furniture. You can see the status of the battery by looking at the built-in LED.
The design makes it lie flat to clean under beds and furniture.
- Great design
- Easy to see the battery status
- Comes with extras like the brush bar tool
- Need to be charged
7. Grandi Groom AB24 Carpet Rake
The cleaner loosens and lift deeply rooted pet hair and particles to leave an efficiently clean surface. It can clean a wide area of 18 inches to ensure that you take less time when sweeping your carpet.
Its design is top-quality to ensure that it lasts for years without showing any sign of breaking down. The model also comes with a push-push setting that lets you raise the dirt before vacuuming it.
- Cleans all dirt
- Sweeps a wide area
- Made of high material
- Takes time to get used to
8. Eyliden Carpet and Floor Sweeper
Eyliden Carpet and Floor Sweeper come with dual rotating brush rolls which allow you to collect small and large debris. The best part is that it cleans both on forward and back motion to leave your home clean.
It is a compact and light unit that you can easily move from floor to floor and store. Besides, it is a multi-functional unit that can clean hard floors, rugs, and carpets.
The unit comes with a guarantee – you can get your money back if it doesn’t meet your needs.
- Easy to use
- Compact design
- Very effective
- Not quite durable
9. Intel SWSMAX Swivel Sweeper
Intel SWSMAX swivels 360-degree to enable you to clean every corner of your house and move in all directions. Its corner brushes provide a 4000 rpm, making it easier to clear embedded messes even on corners.
A great spec of the SWSMAX is the low profile design that makes it more comfortable to use and clean under the furniture. What’s more, the unit doesn’t need a more expensive and messy bag.
Additionally, it boasts of removable, reusable, and cleanable bristles. It is also a lightweight model that weighs just 2 pounds.
- Safe for all surface
- Extremely lightweight
- Cleans under furniture
- Not enough power
10. Shark V2930 Cordless Sweeper
The unit comes with a folding back saver handle and has a great design that makes it easier to use on all hard-to-reach areas. It also boasts of motorized brush that sweeps up large and small debris from your carpets and bare floors.
The unit features a rechargeable battery that lets you clean where a corded model cannot reach. Bagless, the unit doesn’t require constant cleaning, and this saves you time and money.
It can clean a 10 inches path and ago.
- Covers a wide path
- Clears small and large debris
- No maintenance
- Short working time
11. Bissell 2101V Sweep-Up Sweeper
One feature of the Bissell 2101V is the unique brush that lets you pick crumbs, dirt, and lint on forward as well as return motion. Its brushes also make it possible to clean the edges, leaving your entire home clean.
Besides, the unit doesn’t come with a cord that can restrict your reach. The model is also quite convenient thanks to the absence of a dustpan.
You can use this sweeper to clean any floor and even under the furniture. It also doesn’t use a belt.
- Edge-to-edge cleaning
- Reach all corners
- Easy to empty
- Loosely assembled
12. Casabella Carpet Sweeper
The Casabella Carpet Sweeper is a quiet and lightweight model that cleans fast. It doesn’t use electricity, thus removing the need for messy cords that can also restrict your reach.
Another feature of the unit is the natural boar bristle brush that collects crumbs, glass, pet hair, sand, and other materials from hard floors, carpets, and more.
Besides, it comes with dual dustpans which are easy to empty and well-sealed to prevent the trash from falling out.
- Has a rotor brush comb
- Deal dustpans
- Covers an 11-inch path
- Tiring to use for long
13. Bissell 2198 Refresh Manual Sweeper
Bissell 2198 might be the only sweeper that you will ever need to keep your home cleaner. It is a lightweight unit that you can easily pick-up and starts collecting dust on carpets.
The model doesn’t use batteries or electricity when sweeping, meaning that it is always ready to use. Besides, it is safe for cleaning hard floors, carpet, and area rugs.
It offers 7-brush cleaning system that includes 2 dirt agitating brushes, a large center brush roll, and 4 rubber corner brushes.
- Always ready for use
- Comes with 7 brushes
- Easily pick all messes
- Cannot collect tough messes
14. Shark V2700Z Floor And Carpet Sweeper
The Shark V2700 Floor And Carpet Sweeper is a rechargeable model that is trusted by people. It works pretty effectively to clean all the messes on various floors, including carpet and hardwood.
The cleaner shows minimal signs of wear even after being used for days. Moreover, it cleans a wide path of 12 inches to ensure that you take minimum time when sweeping your surfaces.
- Works pretty well
- Very affordable
- A 12-inch cleaning path
- Easily breaks down
15. Dirt Devil PD10010 Sweep Manual Sweeper
The one feature that makes the PD10010 a unique sweeper is the low profile design. That design enables you to clean under the furniture to ensure that you remove all the dust from your home.
It is also a lightweight and compact unit that lets you pick-up trash quickly. The design also makes it possible to store the cleaner in a tight space.
Furthermore, there are soft wheels that prevent the unit from scratching your floors.
- Easy dirt disposal
- Comes with wheels
- Quiet operation
- Unattractive color
Carpet Sweeper Buying Tips
There are two kinds of carpet sweepers on the market today: the electrical model and the manual model.
Manual Carpet Sweepers
The manual sweepers or mechanical ones are made up of box fitted with brushes and rollers. These rollers are put together by gear and belts.
Manual sweepers are lighter than the electric models and are also more affordable.
Electric Carpet Sweepers
The electric models come with electric cords or rechargeable batteries and motor to drive the machines. That means you can go for a corded or a cordless option, depending on the duration of cleaning your house.
Both the electric and manual carpet sweepers work quite effectively and use the same principle. However, you should note that the electric models cover wide paths than the manual ones.
How to Choose a Carpet Sweeper
When deciding which sweepers to buy for your carpet, you should consider these things:
- Portability – Different brands have developed lightweight sweepers that you can use for an entire day without getting tired. These units also save you space when storing them.
- Blade types – Carpet sweepers come with 2 types of blades: the bristle brush blade and the rubber plate blade. The rubber version is recommended for cleaning small particles on hard floors while the bristle model is perfect for cleaning large elements.
- Efficiency – You should also look at the efficiency of the sweeper before you cough out your money. The electric models are more effective than the manual ones.
- Brush width – The width of the brush determines how wide your cleaner will reach. These brushes come with a width of 8 to 12 inches. The smaller width will allow you to maneuver your cleaner better while the large one will clean a wider path.
Residential or Commercial Use
You should determine how you intend to use your carpet sweeper before you buy it. Some models are made for cleaning commercial areas while others will do well for residential buildings.
You should consider this reason to ensur that you get a sweeper that will handle the beating of commercial use.
With hundreds of carpet cleaners out there today, it can be hard to choose the best one. These units also come with different designs, technologies, and weight.
Some are better at cleaning some floors while others will reach corners and tight-to-reach areas. The best carpet sweepers should be the models that meet your need.