UPDATED: Jan 05, 2020.
Which central vacuum system is best on the market? Like most homeowners, you might have owned different types of vacs cleaners such as canister, stick, and upright vacuums.
Since all these models are portable, you need to go via the hassle of lifting them, unraveling the power cord, and taking them out. However, the best central vacuum system is charging the industry.
But what are the leading central vacuum systems on the market today? Here is a review of the 7 top models.
At a Glance: Our 7 Choices for Best Central Vacuum System to Feature in This Article:
- ProTeam Central Vacuum System (Top Pick)
- OVO Central Vacuum System (Top Rated)
- Electrolux Central Vacuum System (Editor Choice)
- Cana-Vac Central Vacuum Cleaner
- Imperium CV300 Central Vacuum
- VacuMaid Cyclonic Central Vacuum
- Prolux CV12000 Central Vacuum
- 1 Central Vacuum System – Top 7 Model Reviewed
- 1.1 1. ProTeam Backpack Central Vacuum System
- 1.2 2. OVO Central Vacuum System
- 1.3 3. Electrolux 4B-H403 Honeywell Central Vacuum System
- 1.4 4. Cana-Vac E-425 Ethos Series Central Vacuum Cleaner
- 1.5 5. Imperium CV300 Central Vacuum
- 1.6 6. VacuMaid P125p Cyclonic Central Vacuum
- 1.7 7. Prolux CV12000 Central Vacuum
- 2 Types of Central Vacuum Systems
- 3 How to Use Central Vacuum System Effectively
- 4 How to Install Central Vacuum System
- 5 Cleaning a Central Vacuum System
- 6 In Conclusion
Central Vacuum System – Top 7 Model Reviewed
Here are the 7 vacuum systems that will do a great job of cleaning your home.
1. ProTeam Backpack Central Vacuum System
The ProTeam Backpack Vacuum has a high-powered motor that tackles floors, upholstery, carpets, and above-the-ground stuff such as lighting, fans, and blinds. It comes with a 4.5 feet hose that lets you reach almost every corner of your house when cleaning.
Although smaller than the Super CoachVac, this is a versatile model that is small yet quite powerful to enable you to remove all the embedded dust. The model is perfect for cleaning any size of floor and works well as a professional cleaner.
There is a 4-level advanced filtration system with HEPA media filter that lets you vacuum your house thoroughly. It comes with a Gold certificate from the Carpet and Rug Institute, meaning that it is recommended for allergic and asthmatic people.
The other notable feature of the model is the quiet operation that enables you to clean your house when people are present. It only produces 67 dBA of noise, which is quite quiet when compared to other models in its class.
The backpack cleaner works perfectly for the commercial industry, including resorts, meeting halls, hotels, and other places. Besides, the hose is further extended by the 50 feet power cord that lets you reach places without power sources.
- Versatile and lightweight model
- Highly productive cleaner
- Saves time and effort
- The hose is not quite secure
2. OVO Central Vacuum System
The OVO model comes with a cutting edge technology thanks to the 2-stage motor made of the heavy-duty steel body. It can cover a maximum of 7500 sq. feet, making it a great cleaner for vacuuming your commercial building.
Its soft-start technology provides it 20% more life compared to other models in its class. The soft-start technology is especially significant since it removes all the debris from the hose when you start to vacuum – it delays for 3 seconds.
There is also a hybrid filtration system that enhances the air quality in your house. What this means is that the vacuum cleaner can reduce asthma and allergy symptoms and also reduce other respiratory problems.
Besides, the model uses disposable filtration bags, which make it easier to get rid of the dust. When combined with the HEPA filter, the machine can get rid of 99.97% of dust from your home.
The head protection feature also ensures that the motor won’t overheat when you are cleaning the floors. There are also noise-canceling and rubber vibration inserts.
It also has an easy access technology that allows you to empty the canister with a simple touch of a button.
- Has disposable bags
- Lives 20% longer
- Covers a wide ground
- Complicated to install
3. Electrolux 4B-H403 Honeywell Central Vacuum System
Electrolux 4B-H403 is a powerful and efficient central vacuum system that is perfect for pet hair. It is one of the quietest models you can get out there, and it will let you clean your house even during the night.
The unit is attractively designed with stainless steel material that makes it a heavy-duty cleaner that will last for long. There is also a powerful motor that lets you clean all embedded dirt from your house.
What’s more, the motor comes with a unique system that protects it from other elements to ensure that it lasts a lifetime. Another reason why the cleaner is so amazing is the air filter.
The system comes with a self-cleaning HEPA filter that can take up to 99.97% of air particles from the air. It is a permanent filter that won’t cost you any more money, like the replaceable units.
One great thing is the ability of the cleaner to cover around 3000 sq. feet of floors without losing suction or jamming. It also comes with a 4-gallon dirt can that will let you clean for extended hours without needing to take a break to empty the trash.
There is a view window that you can use to see the amount of dirt in the containers.
- Dual-stage motor for high efficiency
- Durable steel body
- For cleaning large areas
- It can get overheated
4. Cana-Vac E-425 Ethos Series Central Vacuum Cleaner
The Cana-Vac E-425 is designed for carpeting, area rugs, and hardwood floors. What this means is that you can use it to clean multiple surfaces, removing the need for getting a cleaner for every floor.
It comes with a metal agitator that runs on a geared belt that makes it easier to maintain the machine. Designed for every day, residential use, the cleaner comes with a flow-thru motor that offers effective performance for pet hair collection and other debris.
Another thing, it is an affordable model that won’t make you break a bank to get it. It is also well-known for being reliable in medium and light cleaning duties.
The model also depends on filters to vacuum your air and provides a prolonged cool duration. You can easily vacuum a maximum of 3500 sq. feet with this cleaner and it offers powerful airflow of 540 air watts.
Its motor comes with a 5 year warranty that shows you just how durable you can depend on the cleaner. The micro-efficiency filtration makes it perfect for collecting standard pollutants and dust, and it doesn’t come with a bag.
- 4-gallon dirt collector
- Collects microscopic particles
- Durable motor
- Quite heavy
5. Imperium CV300 Central Vacuum
The design of the CV300 Central Vacuum from Imperium makes it quieter than most vacuum out there. What makes it quiet is not just the decibel of the motor but also the bag that comes with its filter.
The filter muffles the noise of the dirt when it gets sucked into the bag, reducing the level of vibration. You will need to change the bag when it gets full, which is an easy process that you can do even if you have never used a vacuum cleaner before.
The model is also known to provide excellent power. That power is strong enough to allow you to collect the embedded dirt from different surfaces.
Its dirt storage measures up to 6.5-gallons, making it a large capacity model that will handle up to 7500 sq. feet of rooms. The unit is also made of galvanized steel that makes it last longer than most cleaner out there.
Besides, it is an affordable model that you can get from the market even if you are on a budget. It is guaranteed to provide value for your money and even give you a clean home.
- 138 CFM is quite high
- 740 watts is amazing
- A quite machine
- Requires a bag
6. VacuMaid P125p Cyclonic Central Vacuum
VacuMaid P125p is a reliable cleaner that is respectable in the industry today and is known to be effective. It is a 100% cyclonic machine that is known to separate heavy material to protect the motor while removing fine dust.
That means that you get an efficient machine that will remove all the dirt from your house to leave you in an allergic-free home. The model can clean a maximum of 9000 sq. feet of the floor without losing suction power.
Another great thing about the cleaner is that you don’t need to buy a paper bag or a foam filter to replace the old one. Clean its filter to make it more durable and continue to function at the auto most efficiency.
The model also features powder-coated long-lasting steel material which is rust and corrosion-free. Furthermore, the cleaner comes with muffler kit that reduces the noise when cleaning your home.
Also, note that it comes with patented air channel tech for the efficient dirt removal.
- The large capacity dirt canister
- Comes with cyclonic filtration
- Improves air quality via cutting-edge filtration
- Not economical for home use
7. Prolux CV12000 Central Vacuum
The Prolux Cv12000 doesn’t use any bag; instead, it uses special dirt chambers which trap the dirt inside. Besides, the unit comes with a viewing window that will let you know when the chamber is full of trash.
Also, the model comes with washable HEPA filters that are easy to maintain and remove the tiniest of particles from your house. Unlike most central systems that come with limited attachments, the CV12000 has an electric hose power nozzle that makes it effortless and swift to clean.
The model was made to clean a wide house of 12,000 sq. feet at a go, meaning that you can clean all the rooms without taking a break. What is even better is the fact that it cleans pollen, dust, dirt, allergens, and other particles from your home.
It also comes with a 25-year warranty that shows the unit is extremely durable. You can use the cleaner without worrying about maintenance costs or repair.
- Powerful vacuum cleaner
- 2-speed motor for effective performance
- Ideal for all floors cleaning
- Nozzle kit has some issues
Types of Central Vacuum Systems
Central vacuum systems can be classified according to their filter types:
- Filtered systems – They use standard filtration material like paper, foam, cloth, and screen to purify the air that enters via the machine. These filters need to be replaced regularly.
- Cyclonic systems – These units use centrifugal force to purify the air that enters the vacuum. Most don’t come with bags – the dirt is deposited into a dirt receptacle.
Central vacuum systems can also be classified according to their motor:
- Flow-through motors – The motors are present in a more traditional vacuum and are quite affordable. These motors require cooling to continue functioning effectively.
- Peripheral bypass motors – They come with their cooling function to ensure that you continue to vacuum your home for long. These motors are also quite reliable compared to flow-through models.
- Tangential bypass central motors – They are quite common and last for long. They take all the heated trash away from the motor using an exclusive integrated system.
How to Use Central Vacuum System Effectively
Here are a few tips that can help you to use your central vacuum system effectively.
- Ensure that you install the machine effectively before you turn it on.
- Plugin the power brush and lightweight hose into an inlet.
- Turn on the power and begin to vacuum as you would do if it were a traditional vacuum.
- Switch the power off when you are done.
- Check the dirt receptacle at least once in every 3 months.
- Empty the central vacuum bag or dirt canister when it is full.
How to Install Central Vacuum System
It is straightforward to install a central vacuum system. You don’t need to hire an expert to help you out. Follow these instructions:
- Choose the right area to place your vacuum system – basement or garage.
- Fix the power unit in the selected areas.
- Hang the canister on the mounting bracket.
- Hold the exhaust line and muffler (when it meets the wall).
- Attach the exhaust vent to the right wall cap.
- Connect the electrical cord to the power source
Also, remember to follow the manufacturer’s instructions when installing your machine.
Cleaning a Central Vacuum System
A central vacuum system does not require any cleaning. It comes with self-cleaning filters that will keep the machine clean.
However, the machine might require manual washing:
- Remove the filters
- Clean them with water and soap
- Leave them to dry naturally
While every product comes with its pros and cons, remember that the model we have reviewed will make your buying process more comfortable. You can now get the best central vacuum system for your home.