Have you ever thought about using commercial vacuums for home cleaning? Let’s be real, if you have kids and pets, you definitely need something stronger and more functional than a residential vacuum cleaner. No doubt, commercial vacuums are far better in performance than residential ones.
At a Glance: Our Top Picks for Best Commercial Vacuums for Home Use:
- Oreck Commercial Vacuum Cleaner (Top Pick)
- Oreck Professional Vacuum Cleaner (Top Rated)
- Hoover CH30000 Commercial Vacuum (Editor Choice)
- Oreck Commercial Upright Vacuum
- Rubbermaid Commercial Vacuum Cleaner
- Hoover Commercial Bagged Upright Vacuum
- Hoover Commercial Upright Vacuum
- ProTeam Backpack Vacuums
- Sanitaire EUKSC535 Backpack Vacuum
- Powr-Flite Comfort Backpack Vacuum
- Hoover Commercial Canister Vacuum
- 1 11 Best Commercial Vacuums for Home Use
- 1.1 1. Oreck Commercial XL Commercial Upright Vacuum Cleaner
- 1.2 2. Oreck Commercial, Professional Upright Vacuum Cleaner, U2000RB1
- 1.3 3. Hoover CH30000 PortaPower Lightweight Commercial Canister Vacuum
- 1.4 4. Oreck Commercial U2000RB2L-1 LEED-Compliant Upright Vacuum
- 1.5 5. Rubbermaid Commercial Executive Series Automatic Height Adjustment Upright Vacuum Cleaner
- 1.6 6. Hoover Commercial Hush Tone Lite Bagged Upright Vacuum CH50400
- 1.7 7. Hoover Commercial CH53005 TaskVac Hard-Bagged Lightweight Upright Vacuum
- 1.8 8. ProTeam Backpack Vacuums, Super CoachVac Commercial
- 1.9 9. Sanitaire EUKSC535 Backpack Vacuum
- 1.10 10. Powr-Flite BP6P Comfort Pro Premium Backpack Vacuum
- 1.11 11. Hoover Commercial CH32008 Hush Tone Canister Vacuum
- 2 Commercial Vacuum Buying Guide
- 3 Summing Up
11 Best Commercial Vacuums for Home Use
Since you are already here and you have decided to buy a commercial vacuum cleaner, your next concern would obviously be what is the best commercial vacuum? Let’s have a look at our options.
1. Oreck Commercial XL Commercial Upright Vacuum Cleaner
Oreck Commercial XL commercial upright vacuum cleaner is best for cleaning low pile carpets. It has a 12-inch wide cleaning path and it takes less space storage. It only weighs 8 pounds and it is easy to carry or push around.
It’s powerful, balanced and high-speed brushroll with double helix brushes whirls at 6,500 RPM. This causes the debris to move towards the vacuum inlet for cleaning.
It’s on and off switch is located on the handgrip to make it more convenient for the users. This eliminates the need to squeeze the hand and bend or twist your wrist to move the unit. Because of this feature, the model has received Ease of Use Commendation from the Arthritis Foundation.
It has an automatic floor adjustment that lets you move it between carpets and other hard surfaces without changing the settings. It has a furniture-friendly design that lets you get into tight spots and under the furniture.
- Multi-Floor Cleaning with Microsweep technology makes it efficient
- Low Profile Design makes it furniture friendly
- It’s easy to move around and store
- It does not come with attachments or accessories
2. Oreck Commercial, Professional Upright Vacuum Cleaner, U2000RB1
Oreck Commercial Professional upright vacuum cleaner is a permanent belt machine. It has a versatile upright design that makes cleaning easier. It can reach under furniture items, desks, chairs, and clothes racks.
It has a self-assembly feature. With automatic floor adjustment, you can move the vacuum between carpets and hard surfaces without changing the settings. It is good for carpet, laminate, wood, and tiles.
The vacuum cleaner weighs 9 pounds and it can cover the cleaning area up to 12 inches. It comes with Endurolife belt and a 630 cubic inch “top fill” bag. Another great thing about the unit is that the power cord is connected to a pigtail cord with a cord clamp. If the cord gets damaged, you can replace it easily without getting a new wire.
The cogged V-belt is there to make sure no slippage occurs. The circuit breaker protects the machine against jams and clogs.
- It’s easy to assemble
- It has great suction and cleaning abilities
- It’s super lightweight
- It’s not great at picking pet hair
3. Hoover CH30000 PortaPower Lightweight Commercial Canister Vacuum
This commercial canister vacuum is popular for its easy maneuverability. It has a compact size which allows you to reach tight spaces and even detail small areas such as the inside of a car.
It has a built-in blower which makes it versatile enough to not just clean your house but maintain it too. You can also use it for cleaning draperies and upholsteries. The unit weighs 8.3 lbs. which is lighter than the backpack of an average 6th grader.
There is a cleaning accessory pack with the machine that lets you reach the accessible equipment easily for detailed cleaning. The hose is stretchable. You can easily reach ceilings and other hard to reach areas.
It has a convenient on and off switch to put less strain on the user. You can either use a reusable commercial cloth bag or a paper dust bag with the vacuum. This makes it easier to switch between different cleaning jobs.
- It has a convenient and compact design
- It works great on carpets, floors, rugs, and upholstery
- It’s extremely lightweight
- Its suction is not good
4. Oreck Commercial U2000RB2L-1 LEED-Compliant Upright Vacuum
Oreck Commercial U2000RB2L-1 LEED-compliant upright vacuum with 12-inches wide cleaning head will make sure you cover a wide area and leave no dirt path behind.
Two-Speed QuickSwitch lets you quickly toggle between quiet performance and extra power. It’s fingertip-control 2-speed on and off switch makes the model easy to operate. The exclusive MicroSweep technology lets you move the unit from the carpet to bare floors without any adjustment.
The unit has soft wheels so even if you are vacuuming the wooden floor, it won’t scratch the floor or cause damage. The handle drops down flat to clean under low furniture and that also makes it easy to store.
It has a special Hall Effect Sensor Technology that shuts down the brushroll and protects the motor from jams.
- Easy to carry and lightweight
- The power cord makes it easier to move from one room to another
- The 2-speed function lets you switch between modes
- It’s not good on a hard floor
5. Rubbermaid Commercial Executive Series Automatic Height Adjustment Upright Vacuum Cleaner
This commercial vacuum cleaner is best for cleaning carpets than traditional canister models. Another great quality is that it takes less space for storage. It operates with 1.8 hp motor that makes it easier for the vacuum to suck dirt and debris in one go.
It has a 5-layer filter that traps the dust particles. The cleaning head adjusts its height automatically according to the surface (carpet or floor). The brushroll has sensors that detect blockage and shut down the motor automatically to prevent damage to the model.
The electric motors generate suction to remove dirt, debris, and dust from the surface. The dirt is collected in the dust bag or chamber and it’s easy to dispose of. To prevent these dirt particles from clogging, the intake and exhaust air keep everything filtered.
- It’s sturdy and easy to push
- Its dust filtering system is great
- It’s well-built and durable
- The machine is not highly maneuverable
6. Hoover Commercial Hush Tone Lite Bagged Upright Vacuum CH50400
Hoover Commercial Hush Tone Lite Bagged Upright Vacuum is a machine you can count on for power. It has Hushton 2-speed motor. You can switch to the hush mode to cause less disruption when you are vacuuming. For higher performance, you can switch to boost mode.
CH50400 has a lightweight design for easy maneuverability. It has a self-sealing bag that makes debris disposal easy. The bag traps the dust and prevents it from escaping back into the air.
Like all Hoover commercial vacuum cleaners, it also features IntelliBelt. This belt causes the brushroll from jamming by automatically shutting down the machine.
- It operates in 2-speed modes
- It has a lightweight design
- Disposing off dirt and debris is easy
- Its handle breaks off easily
7. Hoover Commercial CH53005 TaskVac Hard-Bagged Lightweight Upright Vacuum
CH53005 is a lightweight upright vacuum cleaner with 13 inches wide cleaning path. The best feature about this unit is its bag check indicator that lets you know when the bags needs replacement. This means you won’t have to experience a drop in suction because of a full bag.
It weighs 15 pounds and easy to carry and move when cleaning around the house. It has clean drop bags. When you push the button, it seals the bags and drops it into the trash.
It also has a carrying handle that lets you carry the unit upstairs instead of dragging it. Fingertip on and off switch is provided as well.
The rubber wheels on the machine don’t leave marks on the floors. You can use it to clean carpets, cushions, and upholstery. Feel free to use it for pet hair too. This unit comes with an 8-inch stretch hose with a cleaning accessory pack that includes a wand, dusting brush, and crevice tool.
- It is a lightweight bagged upright model
- You will always know when to change the bag
- It’s easy to maneuver
- It’s not great with suction
8. ProTeam Backpack Vacuums, Super CoachVac Commercial
Super CoachVac commercial cleaner is a powerhouse of productivity. It has a 10-quart filter that lets you clean with 3 times the capacity of a standard upright vacuum making it just perfect for large spaces.
With the 4 level Advanced Filtration and HEPA media filter, you will breathe in fresh air. This vacuum cleaner comes with all the accessories needed for cleaning the space. It is also the quietest when in operation.
Its mountaineering-style backpack technology allows you to carry the vacuum comfortably and ergonomically across the hips. It has a 50-foot long power cord to make it easier to clean high traffic areas.
You will have complete access to the Xover Multi-Surface Telescoping wand tool kit to clean all types of surfaces.
- It’s sized for cleaning large surfaces
- It is a powerful machine
- The backpack design makes it easier to carry around
- It’s bulky for regular use
9. Sanitaire EUKSC535 Backpack Vacuum
If you are looking for a vacuum cleaner that cleans the house as well as the air, Sanitaire EUKSC535 backpack vacuum is for you. Its load dispersion technology improves its efficiency. It will let you clean the surface by minimizing fatigue.
It is a Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) compliant model that cleans quietly even with its 11-1/2 amp motor.
It has a 14-inch wide cleaning path. You will get the job done faster than imagined. It comes with attachments to help clean the surface with minimal effort.
- Offers less user fatigue
- Perfect for cleaning the air
- It does not make noise while operating
- It’s parts are made from plastic and break quickly
10. Powr-Flite BP6P Comfort Pro Premium Backpack Vacuum
Powr-Flite BP6P Comfort Pro is a machine that delivers improved cleaning performance and productivity. This backpack can clean 2 and ½ times faster than traditional upright vacuums.
The model has an innovative design. The tools and attachments provided can easily fit on the waist belt.
The 4-stage HEPA filtration technology improves the quality of the air. The tools provided with the unit include a telescoping wand, stretch house, hard floor tool, carpet tool, bend wand adapter, dusting tool, crevice tool, and upholstery tool.
- Its harness system is quite comfortable
- Its suction is great
- The extra attachments make cleaning effortless
- It’s not a high-quality product
11. Hoover Commercial CH32008 Hush Tone Canister Vacuum
This canister vacuum cleans the environment without making noise. It has a large capacity so that you can finish the cleaning job without stopping in the middle to empty the bag.
The machine weighs 10.75 lbs. It has a 50-inch cord to further make cleaning convenient. You don’t have to waste time changing outlets.
The unit has a HEPA filter bag that can trap 99.97% of dirt, dust, and pollen down to 0.3 microns. You will have a clean home environment to breathe in once you are done with the vacuuming.
- It’s great for bare floors and low pile carpets
- It is quiet
- It has a long cord
- Watch out for broken parts due to shipping mishandling
- You have to stop frequently to reattach the hose
Commercial Vacuum Buying Guide
These are the things to consider before buying a commercial vacuum for home use:
The length of the cord may not matter when you are using a vacuum for home cleaning, but it matters in commercial use. If you will be cleaning a large space, consider a vacuum with a long cord. The standard size is between 25 to 40 inches.
Height adjustment makes it easier to use the vacuum. It also allows you to reach tight spots and corners.
A vacuum with a large capacity always makes cleaning convenient. You don’t have to hold the job to empty the bag multiple times.
Commercial vacuums are not necessarily heavy. They are powerful but manufacturers have designed them to be lightweight for better maneuverability. Get a vacuum cleaner that is easy to carry and store.
A commercial vacuum can ensure your carpets and floors are dirt-free. They can make cleaning effortless because of their powerful suction and features. However, you will only enjoy cleaning if you choose the right model.
Feel free to explore the top 11 best commercial vacuum cleaners reviewed above and pick the option that best suits your home cleaning needs.