UPDATED: Nov 15, 2019.
Developed as a backyard garage, Dirt Devil is one of the brands that have seen great transforming and takeovers to become what it is today. The company produces a lot of products, and one such line is the vacuum cleaners.
That’s why we want to review the top Dirt Devil Vacuum Cleaner for 2019 to help you choose the ideal model for vacuuming your house.
At a Glance: Our Top Choices for Best Dirt Devil Vacuum that Feature in This Guide:
- Dirt Devil SD20005RED Vacuum Cleaner (Top Pick)
- Dirt Devil UD20124 Vacuum Cleaner (Top Rated)
- Dirt Devil BD30025B Vacuum Cleaner (Editor Choice)
- Dirt Devil SD40055B Vacuum Cleaner
- Dirt Devil SD20000RED Vacuum Cleaner
- Dirt Devil SD12000 Hand Vacuum Cleaner
- Dirt Devil SD20010 Vacuum Cleaner
- Dirt Devil UD70350B Upright Vacuum Cleaner
- Dirt Devil Endura Max Vacuum Cleaner
- 1 Dirt Devil Vacuum Cleaners – Top 9 Picks
- 1.1 1. Dirt Devil SD20005RED Handheld Vacuum Cleaner
- 1.2 2. Dirt Devil UD20124 Vacuum Cleaner
- 1.3 3. Dirt Devil BD30025B Handheld Vacuum Cleaner
- 1.4 4. Dirt Devil SD40055B Canister Vacuum Cleaner
- 1.5 5. Dirt Devil SD20000RED Simpli-Stik Vacuum Cleaner
- 1.6 6. Dirt Devil SD12000 Hand Vacuum Cleaner
- 1.7 7. Dirt Devil SD20010 Hand and Stick Vacuum Cleaner
- 1.8 8. Dirt Devil UD70350B Upright Vacuum Cleaner
- 1.9 9. Dirt Devil Endura Max Vacuum Cleaner
- 2 Tips of Cleaning Dirt Devil Vacuum Filters
- 3 Final Verdict
Dirt Devil Vacuum Cleaners – Top 9 Picks
Here we have 9 top vacuum cleaners from Dirt Devil that will keep your home clean.
1. Dirt Devil SD20005RED Handheld Vacuum Cleaner
The SD20005RED is portability and power to ensure that you enjoy a prolonged vacuuming session without getting tired. It weighs around 4 pounds, meaning that you can pick it up and go about your cleaning business without worrying about anything.
One thing that you should note is the 16 feet power cord that provides you with the freedom to wash a wide radius. Besides, the machine is ideal for cleaning your stairs and car interiors, making it a versatile product.
With great accessories, the vacuum is perfect for car cleaning and collecting pet hair to let you stay in a dander-free house. The design enables you to carry it for a long while maintaining the same level of comfort.
Also, it comes with a removable filter that you can clean and continue to vacuum your home. Thus, you save money that you would have used to replace the filter when it gets dirty.
The vacuum also comes with a 2.5 feet hose that adds to the radius you can clean. Moreover, there is a crevice tool that is stored onboard.
- Perfect for pet hair
- Continue power supply
- For stairs, car interiors, and floors
- The cord limits its reach
2. Dirt Devil UD20124 Vacuum Cleaner
The UD20124 is one of the most powerful vacuum cleaners from Dirt Devil, and it comes with an Endura filter. That filter makes the cleaner to be perfect for upright cleaning purpose.
What’s more, the filter is easy to access, and you can clean it to ensure that you get an effective cleaner every time you vacuum. The model also comes with a 1.5L dirt cup that enables you to collect more dirt without needing to take a break and empty it.
You can quickly empty the dirt by a simple touch of a button, meaning that you don’t get your hands dirty. It is also a lightweight machine that is ideal for multi-floor cleaning purpose.
With a 10 feet extension wand, you can easily reach all the pet hair and other dirt around your home.
- A crevice tool
- A 2-in-1 dusting brush
- An extension wand
- No carrying bag
3. Dirt Devil BD30025B Handheld Vacuum Cleaner
If you want a cordless vacuum cleaner that will charge 2x faster than most units out there, the BD30025B is the model for you. The machine comes with a 16V lithium-ion battery that provides you with longer running power.
Also, the battery is quite durable to ensure that you use it for years to come. You can easily attach an upholstery and stair tool to clean these areas quickly.
There is also a power indicator that shows you when the battery is about to lose the juice so that you can recharge it. The best thing, the cleaner is recommended for pet hair and dander to leave your home free of allergens.
As a cordless model, you have the convenience of moving your machine around with ease to clean all the floors. It is also a powerful vacuum cleaner.
- A powerful machine
- Long-lasting battery
- For all type of floors
- Needs to be recharged
4. Dirt Devil SD40055B Canister Vacuum Cleaner
A 20 feet cord can be hard to rewind but not for the SD40055B since it comes with one-touch rewind ability. That means you can easily retrieve its power cord when you are done with the cleaning.
The machine also comes with a HEPA media filter that is easy to clean to ensure that you continue to enjoy a high level of vacuuming. That filter collects up to 99.97% of pollens and dust up to 0.3 microns from all your floors and home.
There is also a 2-in-1 tool that lets you clean any surface and a crevice and crack one. What you get is a versatile product that you will have a great time when cleaning your home and enjoy value for the money.
As a powerful machine, the cleaner boasts of cyclonic filtration that provides enough power to cut via all messes. It is also a bagless unit that won’t make you spend money while replacing the dust cups.
- Bagless vacuum cleaner
- HEPA media filtration
- Cyclonic filtration technology
- Comes with limited tools
5. Dirt Devil SD20000RED Simpli-Stik Vacuum Cleaner
One feature that makes the SD20000RED an excellent vacuum cleaner is the ability to turn into any machine you want. It can easily change into an extended hand vac, a hand vac, or a stick vac to give you the freedom of choosing your preferred unit.
The model comes with a 0.35L dirt cup that lets you vacuum your home for long without needing to take a break to empty the container. Thanks to the lightweight nature of the device, the machine is easy to use, and you can carry it around for hours.
Also, note that the model can vacuum your rugs and hard floors with its powerful suction power. Its adaptability makes it possible for tackling hard-to-reach areas where not standard vacuum cleaner can reach.
You can use it to clean small spaces, apartments, dorms, and other areas without much hassle.
- Rinsable filters
- Onboard crevice tool
- For different places
- A bit expensive
6. Dirt Devil SD12000 Hand Vacuum Cleaner
The SD12000 comes with a motor-driven high-speed brush roll that keeps rolling via all messes, small or big. That ensures the clean lifts every dirt and debris on your floor to give you a thoroughly cleaned home.
It is straightforward to empty the dirt cup thanks to the one-touch technology. You even don’t have to touch the machine when emptying the dirt, meaning that you don’t get your hands dirty.
Weighing about 2.8 pounds, the cleaner is lightweight enough to allow you to use it for hours. It also comes with a 20 feet power cord that enables you to reach the furthest corner of your home.
The machine also comes with cleanable filters that will save you money and time for getting new ones. Besides, it is a great vacuum cleaner for cleaning stairs and other high-traffic areas.
- Ideal for stairs
- One-touch emptying technology
- Has a long cord
- Difficult to maneuver
7. Dirt Devil SD20010 Hand and Stick Vacuum Cleaner
As the manufacturer says, the SD20010 was designed to suit your way of life. It is a stick vac that is recommended for cleaning hard floors and rugs to give you home a thorough cleaning.
You can also convert the machine into a hand vac that will let you clean even the hard-to-reach areas. When you remove the handle tube and nozzle, you get a cleaner that you can use to collect crumbs, dirt, and dust on shelves, drapes, upholstery, counters, and furniture.
There is also a crevice tool that lets you clean around your furniture and other edges and tight areas. Besides, it is a lightweight model that is easy to move around from house to house and down and up the stairs.
With a smart bagless construction, the cleaner makes it easy to empty the trash.
- For cleaning the edges
- Perfect for daily cleaning
- Can clean around furniture
- Not durable
8. Dirt Devil UD70350B Upright Vacuum Cleaner
Swerve and swivel of the UD703350B make it possible to clean hair and dirt hiding under furniture and corners since it offers 180-degree cleaning ability. The model comes with an Endura filter that ensures continuous filtering power.
You might also be excited to learn that this is a long-lasting vacuum cleaner that needs little maintenance. It also comes with a powerful Spin4Pro Multi-Floor Brush Roll for cleaning every floor.
You can also adjust the height of the machine to suit your cleaning needs. That makes it fancy to clean your hard floors and carpets without any hassle.
Also, the unit can power via pet hair and dirt and has a 10 feet reach. What is included in the bag include a crevice tool, a turbo tool, and a 2-in-1 dusting brush.
- Onboard storage
- 180-degree reach
- Has a variety of tools
- A bit heavy
9. Dirt Devil Endura Max Vacuum Cleaner
One feature that makes Dirt Devil vacuum cleaners must-have models is the quick release vacuum wand that comes with an extension. That is what you get with the Endura Max model that is also shown to be quite powerful.
The unit comes with a washable filter that is made using the latest technology to ensure you get maximum suction power every time you use your clean. Also, the vacuum cleaner can collect most of the dirt and debris from your home to leave a clean house.
If you like a lightweight model, this is the unit for you as you can move it around your home for hours without getting tired.
- A powerful vacuum cleaner
- Comes with the latest technology
- For collecting all dirt and debris
- A bit limited
Tips of Cleaning Dirt Devil Vacuum Filters
Eventually, you will need to clean your Dirt Devil vacuum cleaner filters. These filters collect small particles such as fine dust and allergens, and if not cleaned, they will start to affect the suction power of your machine.
Before you clean, you will need to remove the filter.
Removing the Filter
Follow these steps to ensure that you remove the Dirt Devil filters the right way:
- Switch off and unplug the vacuum – You should always ensure that your vacuum cleaner is off before you try to unplug it or remove any part.
- Remove from an upright model – Look inside the dirt container and find out if there is a filter. Check the attachment just below to see if the filter is there. Once you have located the filter, push the button situated on the top of the cleaner to open the lids. Now you can remove the filter with your hand.
- Remove from a canister model – Look at the back of the container to see if there is a filter and press the release lever at the top. Also, look at the back of the canister – there might be a second filter. You can now remove the filters with ease.
- Remove from a handheld model – You need to remove the dirt cup to access the filter. It is that easy.
Cleaning the Filter
Here is the process that you should follow when cleaning the Dirt Devil filters.
- Shake off the dust – You should tap the filter onto one side to remove the excess dirt. Also, use your hand to brush off the dirt from the surface.
- Rinse the filter – Do not use a detergent or soap to clean your filter. Hold the filter under running water and make sure that all the dirt is washed off.
- Tap and dry – Finally, tap the filter to get rid of excess water. Leave it out to dry for one day and then return it to the vacuum cleaner.
Knowing how to clean the filter is as important as selecting the right vacuum cleaner. Many vacuum users run into trouble because they don’t maintain their machine to ensure they continue to get maximum suction power.
So, no matter the model you choose, know how to maintain your cleaner to ensure that it last longer.
There are a lot of attachments that can improve the way a vacuum cleaner works. Dirt Devil vacuum cleaners often come with these accessories to ensure that you get value for your money.
Choose any of the models we have reviewed above, and you will get value for your money.