UPDATED: Oct 1, 2019.
What is the best electric broom to buy? In most homes, it is common to get minor messes now and then.
You could take out your vacuum cleaner to remove these messes, but it is unwieldy and bulky. And customary brooms usually have a hard time trying to remove all debris.
Luckily, there is a solution – the best electric broom. These brooms use the combination of brushes and suction to clean your house with the little hassle.
Like all other devices, these sweepers come in a different model, making it hard to choose the best. That’s where we can help.
We have reviewed ten electric brooms that will give you an easy time when cleaning those messes.
At a Glance: The 10 Best Electric Broom Discussed in Our Roundup:
- Hoover Linx Stick Vacuum Cleaner (Top Pick)
- Dirt Devil SD20505 Stick Vacuum (Top Rated)
- Bissell Sweep Carpet and Floor Sweeper (Editor Choice)
- VonHaus Handheld Vacuum Cleaner
- Bissell PowerGlide Vacuum Cleaner
- Shark Navigator Stick Vacuum Cleaner
- Electrolux Ergorapido Stick Vacuum
- Bissell 1132A Symphony Vac
- Eureka Easy Clean Lightweight Vacuum
- Shark Rocket DuoClean Vacuum
- 1 Top 10 Electric Brooms Reviews
- 1.1 1. Hoover Linx BH50010 Stick Vacuum Cleaner
- 1.2 2. Dirt Devil SD20505 Stick Vacuum
- 1.3 3. Bissell 92N0A Natural Sweep Carpet and Floor Sweeper
- 1.4 4. VonHaus 2-in-1 Stick and Handheld Vacuum Cleaner
- 1.5 5. Bissell PowerGlide Vacuum Cleaner
- 1.6 6. Shark SV1106 Navigator Stick Vacuum Cleaner
- 1.7 7. Electrolux Ergorapido Stick Vacuum
- 1.8 8. Bissell 1132A Symphony Vac
- 1.9 9. Eureka 169B Easy Clean 2-in-1 Lightweight Vacuum
- 1.10 10. Shark HV382 Rocket DuoClean Vacuum
- 2 Electric Broom Buyer’s Guide
- 3 Final Conclusion
Top 10 Electric Brooms Reviews
Below are the top 10 electric brooms on the market today.
1. Hoover Linx BH50010 Stick Vacuum Cleaner
Hoover BH50010 is an excellent vacuum cleaner that is made to use the WindTunnel technology. It can remove all dust and debris from your floors due to that technology.
The model broom also removes dirt from surfaces that are hard-to-access in your house thanks to the edge cleaning bristles. Besides, the cleaner is made to work on both carpets and bare floors.
Thus, it is an amazingly versatile cleaner that is perfect for pet hair. You can also clean for hours without taking a break since it comes with interchangeable batteries.
It is also possible to see the level of battery charge due to the present fuel gauge.
Cleaning under the furniture is also simple if you have this vacuum cleaner. There is also an embedded bottom-release dirt cap, meaning that you can easily release the dust by a push of a button.
- Portable and mobile
- Interchangeable batteries
- Suitable for bare floor and carpet
- No brush attachments
2. Dirt Devil SD20505 Stick Vacuum
Dirt Devil SD20505 is a lightweight vacuum that will provide value for the money. It is among the easiest to use electric brooms on the market today and is perfect for wood floors.
Sadly, it is not the right cleaner for area rugs and carpets, although it still collects some debris from these floors. The unit boasts of a strong suction that remains steady due to the cyclonic action.
Moreover, its weight and design make it easy to carry from one place to another and up/down the stairs. It also comes with a low-profile design that lets you clean under obstacles such as furniture.
Also, it is a bagless model that won’t make your hand dirty when emptying it. And it can clean a wide path of 11 inches, making it possible to clean your floors instantly.
- Low maintenance cost
- Easy to clean and empty
- Stands up on its own
- Not for area rugs and carpets
3. Bissell 92N0A Natural Sweep Carpet and Floor Sweeper
The Bissell 92N0A is ideal for quiet and quick cleanups of daily messes like dirt, cereal, pet hair, crumbs, and more. It provides effective and safe multi-surface cleaning on hard floors, rugs, and carpets to leave them cleaner than before.
Additionally, the cleaner comes with a soft bumper that makes it safe to use on various floors. Its lightweight, as well as compact design, make it simple to store, and everyone carries around when cleaning.
The model also features Dual Rotating Brush Rolls which collects small and large debris on both forward and return passes. It cleans a wide path of 9.5 inches and comes with a lifetime warranty.
Also, it is friendly to the environment due to the PVC-free construction. All its parts are made of recycled plastic, and there is no wasteful disposal.
- Lifetime warranty
- 100% recycled material
- 4 corner brushes plus 2 full brushes
- Not quite durable
4. VonHaus 2-in-1 Stick and Handheld Vacuum Cleaner
VonHaus 2-in-1 is an upright and handheld stick vacuum cleaner that is ideal for laminate floors. It can provide a maximum of 130 air watts of suction power that removes all messes from your floors.
You can use it as a full-length cleaner or use it without the extension tube when handling cleaning tasks. The model also uses bagless technology that allows it to hold dust in its 1.3L tank.
The dust tank is easy to remove, allowing you to detach and empty the trash straight into your bin. Another feature is the filtration system that traps in minute particles, so they cannot get back into the air.
It also has a 19.5 feet quick-release power cord that makes it possible to clean a wide radius. There is also an extension tube and crevice tools that you can use to clean high areas.
Other attachments include a hose adaptor, small brush attachment, and shoulder strap.
- Very affordable
- Easy to assemble
- 2-in-1 machine
- Plastic material cracks
5. Bissell PowerGlide Vacuum Cleaner
With a power rating of 9.5 amps, the Bissell PowerGlide is a powerful broom that will collect every pet hair from your floors. It comes with an on/off triple action brush roll that loosens and lifts embedded dirt.
As a corded model, you can sure of enjoying constant power when cleaning your home. The cleaner provides you with a 12.5 inches cleaning path that makes you make fewer passes on your floor.
Also, the unit is recommended for carpet, low pile carpet, sealed hard floors, bare floors, area rugs, stairs, pet beds, and upholstery. There is also a smart seal allergen technology that helps it to trap allergens and dust inside the vacuum bin.
Another great thing about this cleaner is the ability to remove odor from your home. It also offers a direct suction path that lets it collect more dirt from every area, even edges.
- Easy to maneuver
- Cleans multiple floors
- Perfect for pet hair
- Shorter extension wand
Shark SV1106 is one of the leading freestyle vacuum cleaners on the market today. The model comes with a 14.4V Ni-Mh battery that provides it with an extended working duration.
After that, the battery needs to be charged for 4 hours to be ready for the cleaning session. Besides, you do not need to fret about the battery getting damaged when charging since it cannot overcharge.
The cleaner is a multipurpose unit that works on rugs, carpets, and bare floors. It is also fitted with a dual-speed motorized brush and works for laminate floors too.
There is a simple button on the motorize bush which lets you change the speed settings. You can decide to use the low-speed setting or the high-speed one.
When it comes to maneuverability, the model lets you move it with ease due to the swivel steering technology. It is also a lightweight model that you can handle with ease.
- Strong suction power
- Light-built and design
- Cyclonic action
- No extras
7. Electrolux Ergorapido Stick Vacuum
The Electrolux Ergorapido Stick Vacuum is a cordless vacuum cleaner that comes with a lithium battery that provides a maximum of 48 working minutes. That means you get quality fade-free cleaning that will last for a long time.
It comes with an advanced allergy filter that allows it to remove all allergens from your home. Besides, there is a HEPA filter that traps up to 99.99% of dust particles in your home.
That means allergy and asthma sufferers can have an easy time if they use this model to clean their homes. Furthermore, it comes with a motorized brush roll that cleans allergens, dust, and dirt from all surfaces.
It is also easy to maneuver the model thanks to the 180-degree steering ability.
- Easy to change to a handheld vacuum
- Uses a double filtration process
- Impressive battery runtime
- Wheels are noisy
8. Bissell 1132A Symphony Vac
Save time by steaming hard floors and vacuuming debris at once. Perfect for tile floors, the model ensures that your surface remains cleans for long and can clean an 11 inches path.
There is a 12.8 oz tank that helps to traps a lot of dust and keeps it locked in the vacuum cleaner. The best part is that the machine can sanitize your floor and leave it germs-free and bacteria-free.
It also comes with a 5-way adjustable handle and is easy to release the mop pad. Besides, there is a friendly user manual that you can refer to for any trouble.
- Cheaper than most models
- Produces its own steam
- Quite versatile
- Steam uses distilled water
9. Eureka 169B Easy Clean 2-in-1 Lightweight Vacuum
Eureka 169B is a 2-in-1 model that is lightweight and compact in design. Hence, you can easily carry the machine quickly and easily everywhere and anywhere you go.
And it is a 2-in-1 machine that easily converts from a stick to a handheld vacuum cleaner. The vacuum also boasts of a Brush Roll on/off switch and is perfect for cleaning carpet floors and rugs.
Another feature of the model is the corded design that ensures you get a constant power supply. It comes with a 15 feet power cord that allows you to reach a wide radius.
- Lightweight, small and easy
- 15 feet cord
- Great suction power
- Bin fills up fast
10. Shark HV382 Rocket DuoClean Vacuum
The Shark HV382 Rocket DuoClean Vacuum boasts of dual brush roll that provides triple cleaning power to get rid of stuck-on, large, and small particles from carpets and floors. It also comes with a 2X capacity dust cup that holds more dust to ensure that you continue cleaning your house for hours.
There is also a powerful LED light on the nozzle and hand vac that can help you to spot dirt in hidden places. Fingertip controls let you optimize the bare floor and carpet cleaning.
The best part, you will never lose suction power when cleaning your home using this machine.
- Constant power or suction
- Fingertip controls
- Easy to carry
- Slightly expensive
Electric Broom Buyer’s Guide
What do the above electric brooms have in common? They all have most of the following features:
- Cordless or corded – A corded model should come with a long power cord. A cordless unit should have a durable battery and a fitting charging station.
- Suction power – The suction power helps to ensure that the cleaner removes even the embedded dust. Thus, your machine should collect small and large debris thanks to the suction ability.
- Special technologies – Look for a cleaner with special technologies such as cyclonic technology to ensure maximum air filtration and suction. Besides, go for a unit with a HEPA filter to ensure that it traps the debris inside the machine.
- Convenience and versatility – Watch out for the broom’s ability to turn off the brush roll while charging from one floor to another. That’s mean there will be less dust left behind.
- Reliability – That depends on the battery and the bag. You should get a model that can hold a lot of dust to ensure that you work for hours.
- Size and design – While some cleaners can clean a wide path of about 10 inches, some models have even bigger or smaller heads. Hence, ensure that you get a model that will suit your needs.
- Attachments – These units rarely come with attachments, but you should try to find a unit with crevice and other accessories for cleaning different surfaces.
- Weight – A lightweight model will be easier to carry around and down/up the stairs. The weight can also affect how you maneuver your machine around furniture and other obstacles.
- Easy of emptying – You need a model that you can empty the trash without even touching the canister. That means choosing a model that comes with easy-to-press buttons that will make the work even easier.
Now you know how to choose the best electric broom for your cleaning needs. You also know the top 10 electric brooms on the market today.
Follow what we have provided from the article, and you will get a cleaner that will offer value for your money. You will also get a model that is effective, efficient, and durable.