UPDATED: Nov 15, 2019.
People pay a lot of money to hire experts to clean their home surfaces. It costs up to $2,000 for a one-time cleaning session, but you don’t have to pay that if you have the best floor buffer for home use.
Because these are affordable machines, you can expect to clean your home thoroughly at an affordable rate. But how do you choose the right floor buffer for your home use?
Here is a review of the top models and a guide of how to go about it.
At a Glance: Our Top Picks for Best Floor Buffer For Home Use:
- Bissell 2458 SpotClean Carpet Cleaner (Top Pick)
- Bissell 1400B Multi-Purpose Cleaner (Top Rated)
- Bissell 3624 SpotClean Carpet Cleaner (Editor Choice)
- Bissell 2117A SpotBot Cleaner
- Bissell 2003T Carpet Cleaner
- Bissell 14259 ProHeat Cleaner
- Bissell Deluxe ION Carpet Cleaner
- Aqua Pro Vac Carpet Cleaning Machine
- Bissell 5207F SpotClean Cleaner
- Rug Doctor Spot Cleaner Machine
- Bissell 5207A SpotClean Carpet Cleaner
- Bissell 1719 SpotLifte Cleaner
- Viper Wolf 130SP Carpet Spotter
- Bissell 5207F SpotClean Cleaner
- 1 Floor Buffer for Home Use – Top 14 Reviews
- 1.1 1. Bissell 2458 SpotClean Carpet Cleaner
- 1.2 2. Bissell 1400B Multi-Purpose Cleaner
- 1.3 3. Bissell 3624 SpotClean Carpet Cleaner
- 1.4 4. Bissell 2117A SpotBot Cleaner
- 1.5 5. Bissell 2003T Carpet Cleaner
- 1.6 6. Bissell 14259 ProHeat Cleaner
- 1.7 7. Bissell Deluxe ION Carpet Cleaner
- 1.8 8. Aqua Pro Vac Carpet Cleaning Machine
- 1.9 9. Bissell 5207F SpotClean Cleaner
- 1.10 10. Rug Doctor Spot Cleaner Machine
- 1.11 11. Bissell 5207A SpotClean Carpet Cleaner
- 1.12 12. Bissell 1719 SpotLifte Cleaner
- 1.13 13. Viper Wolf 130SP Carpet Spotter
- 1.14 14. Bissell 5207F SpotClean Cleaner
- 2 Buying Considerations
- 3 Final Words
Floor Buffer for Home Use – Top 14 Reviews
Here are the best floor buffers that you can use to clean your home without spending a lot of money.
1. Bissell 2458 SpotClean Carpet Cleaner
Bissell 2458 SpotClean combines effective brushing action, cleaning solutions, and potent suction to get rid of pet stains and embedded dirt. It was made to quickly clean your stairs, pet beds, upholstery, carpet, area rugs, car interiors, and other places.
The unit comes with a large tank that lets you clean the floors for long without emptying or taking a break to refill it. Besides, it comes with great pet tools such as tough stain tool and stain trappers.
Its power rating is 5.7 amp, which ensures you get sufficient power to remove all the messes. Another notable feature is the 22 feet power cable and a long hose that let you clean a wide radius and access hard-to-reach places.
The package comes with a per urine remover that gets rid of pet stains, odors, and urine.
- Very effective cleaner
- Comes with a trial solution
- For all types of floors
- Limited by the power cord
2. Bissell 1400B Multi-Purpose Cleaner
Bissell 1400B is a multi-purpose model that cleans large and small areas alike. It is a compact model that can access every corner of your home to ensure that you get a thoroughly cleaned house.
The unit comes with a 48-ounce dirt tank that collects sufficient debris before needing to be emptied. That means you can clean your floors for a long time before you take a break.
One feature that makes it a great product is the strong suction and spray that get rid of spills and stains on your floor. The cleaner also cleans and dry your floor with a single step.
You should also note that the cleaner is made from recycled plastic to ensure that it is friendly to the environment. There is also a tough stain brush accessory that helps to remove embedded messes.
- Removes all tough stains
- Strong suction and spray
- Made of recycled material
- Its solution is not effective
3. Bissell 3624 SpotClean Carpet Cleaner
Bissell 3624 is also a professional spot cleaner that removes all the rough stains and spots from upholstery, stairs, carpets, and other places. It comes with a 5-flex hose that helps you to clean stains and spots in hard-to-access areas such as area rugs and stairs.
Moreover, the model comes with three tough stain tools, six stair accessories, and an 8 ounce pro deep cleaning formula. The three features ensure that you get a clean house every time you use the cleaner.
Also, the unit comes with a 22 power cord, and a 5 inches hose that makes it possible to clean a wide radius. The unit’s tank capacity is ¾-gallon and has a power rating of 5.7 amps.
- Comes with a 24 months warranty
- Long power cable and hose
- Able to clean all the spots
- Slightly heavy
4. Bissell 2117A SpotBot Cleaner
Get rid of all the messes on your floors without making your hand dirty with the Bissell 2117A. It is a hand-free carpet cleaner that does the scrubbing to ensure that you get a well-cleaned house.
You can easily preset your preferred cleaning cycle to let the cleaner spray, brush, and suction the dirt automatically. Besides, the unit can permanently get rid of both tough and surface pet stains.
It is also straightforward to operate the machine; you only need to push a button to get it working. There are also two hands-free washing modes, deep clean and quick clean so that you can enjoy the best level of cleaning.
The model also comes with a trail-size pet odor and stain remover cleaning solution. Its power rating is set at three amps.
- Comes with a trial solution
- For deep and surface cleaning
- Two cleaning modes
- Not quite powerful
5. Bissell 2003T Carpet Cleaner
With a power rating of 7.2V, you can be confident that the Bissell 2003T is strong enough to remove all messes and stains from your floors. The model can spray, scrub, and suction the dirt to ensure that you get a clean home.
What’s more, it can clean area rugs, car interiors, stairs, carpets, upholstery, and many other surfaces. The unit comes with an 8-ounce tank that holds enough water to let you clean for a long time.
Another thing, the cleaner easily cleans a 3 inches path to ensure that it covers more ground with every pass. Since it is a grab and goes machine without a cord, you can effectively clean every corner of your home.
The unit instantly removes all stains such as vomit, feces, urine, and others.
- Features two trial size formulas
- Removes all types of stains
- A wide cleaning path
- Requires to be recharged
6. Bissell 14259 ProHeat Cleaner
The Bissell 14259 is a compact wet vac that provides a thorough profound cleaning effect. It is a small model that you will find easy to carry around and store in limited spaces.
Another feature of the unit is the powerful suction and spray that ensure you clean your home and dry it with one single step. What’s more, the model has a power rating of 9 amps, which is strong enough to provide the necessary power.
There is also a built-in heater that warms the water to make sure that you get rid of germs and bacteria from your floor. One unique thing about this cleaner is the separate tanks that ensure clean and dirty water never mixes.
It also comes with a flexible hose that lets you clean even the hard-to-reach areas.
- Hose length of 4 feet
- Tough-stain brush
- 48 ounces tanks
- Slightly expensive
7. Bissell Deluxe ION Carpet Cleaner
Another cleaner that will transform your home is the Bissell Deluxe ION machine as it removes stains anytime, anywhere. It offers three mean features of spraying, scrubbing, and suction to leave your home clean with a single step.
The cleaner is perfect for cleaning stairs, area rugs, upholstery, car interiors, and many other places. One thing that people like about this machine is the cordless nature since it gives you the freedom of cleaning.
It also comes with a durable lithium-ion battery and is a handheld machine that is easy to use. The unit removes all the satins such as food grease, red wine, salad dressing, vegetable oils, cola, and pet messes.
The model runs for 30 minutes before it can need to be recharged.
- For all types of messes
- Comes with attachments
- Great suction power
Cleans for only 30 minutes
8. Aqua Pro Vac Carpet Cleaning Machine
The Aqua Pro Vac comes with powerful spays that provide up to 58 psi to deep clean your fabric and pile. It also features an external clear sight setting that helps you to clean your car.
It is a portable machine that is lightweight enough to allow you to carry it from floor to floor with ease. The model also comes with a 1.5-gallon clean water tank and a 1.6-gallon tank for dirty water.
- Two separate tanks
- Great for car detailing
- Cleans all stains
- A bit complicated
9. Bissell 5207F SpotClean Cleaner
The Bissell 5207F uses a heatwave tech that provides steady water temperature for everyday cleaning. It also comes with a 3-inch hard stain tool for cleaning your upholstery and stairs.
The model’s hose measures 4.5 feet, and it has a dirt tank of 37 oz. Its water tank is easy to remove to allow you to refill it with ease.
With a power rating of 3 amps, this is a reliable machine.
- Easy to remove the tank
- Kills germs and bacteria
- Removes embedded dirt
- Not for some surfaces
10. Rug Doctor Spot Cleaner Machine
The Rug Doctor gives you 2X-suction-power when compared to most portable cleaners out there. It helps to remove the stain easily thanks to the oscillating motorize brush.
Besides, the machine is easy to use and comes with a retractable handle that makes it easier to store. There are also wheels that make it friendly to the carpet and add maneuverability.
- Renews carpet
- Removes soils, stains, and dirt
- 2x cleaning power
- Wheels are weak
11. Bissell 5207A SpotClean Carpet Cleaner
The Bissell 5207A comes with the heatwave technology that maintains steady water temperature while washing your floors. It also comes with a 3-inch tough stain tool that helps you to clean hard-to-reach area and stairs.
There is also a deep reach tool that helps to remove all the tough stains and dirt from the bottom up. Another thing is the removable water tank that makes it easier to empty and refill.
- Provides hot water
- Removable tank
- Reaches hard-to-access areas
- Not enough power
12. Bissell 1719 SpotLifte Cleaner
The Bissell 1719 is a handheld cleaner for cleaning emergency stains and spills. It can scrub spots as it sucks the dirt up to provide a thoroughly cleaned house.
The unit comes with a 7 inches nozzle that collects even the large material from your floors. It is also a cordless cleaner that is easy to move from one corner to the other.
- Dual tank system
- A cordless machine
- Effective in cleaning
- Cleans for only 15 minutes
13. Viper Wolf 130SP Carpet Spotter
The Wolf 130SP is a white cleaner that quickly gets rid of spots on your surfaces. It also comes with wheels that make it possible to move on your carpet with ease without destroying them.
The model also provides sufficient power for removing all the tough messes on your floors. It is also durable and offers value for the money.
- Cleans spots easily
- Comes with wheels
- Very affordable
- A heavy machine
14. Bissell 5207F SpotClean Cleaner
The Bissell 5207F is yet another cleaner that comes with heatwave technology. By now, you understand that this tech comes in handy to provide you with steady water temperature.
Besides, it comes with removable water tanks that make it easy to empty and refill them. It also comes with a 3-inch hard-to-clean stain tool.
- Steady water temperature
- Removable tanks
- Tough stain tool
- No other accessories
Here are a few things that you should consider before you buy a floor buffer for home use:
- Power – Different machines require different power rating; this chooses a model that meets your cleaning need.
- Structure – Structure is critical since it determines the ease of use, comfort, and convenience of the machine.
- Floor-type – You should consider the floors you will be cleaning before you settle for an individual cleaner. Choose a multi-purpose model.
- Floor area – Find out how wide the cleaner can clean at a go to ensure that you don’t waste a lot of time when cleaning.
- Foot traffic –What this means is that you should get a machine that can remove all the embedded dirt with ease.
- Pet messes – These messes can include pet urine, odor, feces, hair, and more. Get a machine that can get rid of them.
- Speed – The speed will determine the kind of dirt the cleaner can remove comfortably.
- Cost – You should also get an affordable machine that offers the features you require to clean your home effectively.
There is no one cleaner that can be said to be the best floor buffer for home use. The ideal model should be the one that meets your cleaning needs and is within your budget.