Also called a footbath, a foot spa is designed to relieve foot pain and offers many other therapeutic benefits. Usually made of plastic, it is basically a small tub filled with water in which you have to dip your feet for some time to feel relaxed.
You certainly need to cough up some money to own one of these machines, but it is well worth the investment, as you can enjoy a foot massage in the comfort of your home. Some of these machines allow you to use Epsom salt or sometimes, essential oils, to give you a refreshing footbath.
So, be sure to consider your needs and special requirements before you finalize your buying decision.
At a Glance: Our 7 Choices for Best Foot Spa to Feature in This Article:
- Conair Foot & Pedicure Spa (Top Pick)
- Ivation Foot Massager (Top Rated)
- MaxKare Foot Spa/Bath Massager (Editor Choice)
- All in one Foot Spa Bath Massager FB10
- LiveFine Foot Spa Massager
- All in One Foot Spa Bath Massager FBD18
- All in one Large Foot Spa Massager FB09
- 1 The Best-selling Foot Spa Products to Consider
- 2 Things to Consider Before Buying a Foot Spa
- 3 Other Things to Check
- 4 Conclusion
The Best-selling Foot Spa Products to Consider
While foot spa machines are not that complicated, you will still find a number of brands and products in the market. It can leave you perplexed and make it difficult to select one. Here are some of the best choices you may want to consider though:
1. Conair Foot & Pedicure Spa
- Very pleasant look and feel
- Better control over temperature, vibration, rollers
- Nice and gentle vibrations
- Very affordable
- The heat is not maintained for a longer time
- The tub is made of plastic which is not of great quality
This pedicure and foot spa machine has all the features that you will be looking in a decently priced massager. You can control the temperature and vibration settings and pamper yourself.
The look and feel are great as the color feels soothing. It comes with a large cord so you can even sit far away from the plug point. The depth is fine, so you can put your feet in quite comfortably, but it is worth mentioning that the length is small for foot size larger than 13.
Overall, it’s a nice choice but some people have mentioned that the material is not great on foot. Moreover, others have complained that the water doesn’t stay as warm throughout as in the beginning.
2. Ivation Foot Massager
- Multifunction massaging for your convenience and comfort
- Invigorating vibrations for better effect
- Oxygenating bubble action for therapeutic benefits
- The unit gets hot too quickly
This multifunction massaging unit works efficiently to relieve foot pain and is quite suitable for athletes. It produces strong vibrations that encourage better circulation and produce good results.
You will also like its oxygenating bubble action that delivers therapeutic benefits, especially when you use Epsom salt or essential oils as well. Moreover, the heating function is quite nice and is capable of keeping water warm up to 122F. Just keep in mind that the unit gets hot quickly, so you may have to take some precautions when using it.
3. MaxKare Foot Spa/Bath Massager
- Very comfortable as the bubbles are gentle
- The heating function is good
- Quite spacious even for foot size of 14
- The roller intensity can’t be adjusted so it is painful sometimes
- A bit uncomfortable when the unit gets too hot
This foot spa is a must-have for anyone who uses their feet for a long time while working or even for exercise. It provides a great relief at the end of the day because the bubbling function is soothing, to say the least.
Regular usage may go a long way in reducing the foot pain to some extent. Use some essential oils and salt, set the right temperature and you can just close your eyes and totally relax. The heating function is impressive and the tub is quite comfortable for people with larger feet.
The only problem is that the rollers are a bit inconvenient, as they are manual and not removable. Another issue is that the documentation isn’t great and you will need some time to figure out the exact working.
4. All in one Foot Spa Bath Massager FB10
- Multiple modes to get a different massage every day
- No clogging anywhere even if you use salt and oil
- The heating and vibration systems work efficiently
- The spikes for acupressure are a bit uncomfortable
- Gets hot too soon, so need to be careful to reduce heat immediately
This is a great massager which has multiple options and settings so that you can have a relaxed experience. The rollers are removable so if you don’t like them, just don’t use them.
The heating therapy with the red light provides nice comfortable heat and actually relieves foot pain. The bubbles are gentle and give a nice massage (just wow).
Even though it takes about 5 minutes for the water to get heated, you would probably feel warm and then suddenly hot, so just be sure to turn the heat off when you start feeling the slightest discomfort!
5. LiveFine Foot Spa Massager
- Very sturdy and durable
- The heating is fast and works efficiently
- Several attachments for a complete pedicure
- Length is small so bigger feet may not fit well
This is a regular massager which you can use after a long day’s work for your feet. Gives good relaxation and soothes the pain with its bubbling massage. You can add salt or oils of your choice to get better results.
The heating element works quite efficiently and you can relax your feet as long as you want without worrying about the water getting cold. Interestingly, it comes with some cool attachments for you to do extra foot massage and get the perfect pedicure.
The vibration massage is a must-try and works like a charm. The rollers are removable but are comfortable so even if you are not used to rollers you can try them once or twice and you will be happy to use them.
6. All in One Foot Spa Bath Massager FBD18
- Easier to control temperature because of digital display
- Looks very classy and made of high-quality plastic
- The bubbles are in abundance, so give a great relief
- Bubbles produce little noise (obvious) but you can get used to it
It is a good product overall and is definitely a nice buy for yourself or friends, especially because of its digital temperature control and efficient working. You can use the easy-to-operate digital control panel to set the right temperature.
The heating element is good and it takes hardly 4-5 minutes for the water to get heated unless you put very cold water. There are a lot of bubbles and you can really have a great massage.
Keep in mind that the bubbles do splash out of the massager so be sure to keep towels underneath so that the floor doesn’t get messy.
Overall, it gives a nice comfortable experience, but one important thing to know is that the plastic nubs on the bottom pinch a little especially if you have sensitive feet.
7. All in one Large Foot Spa Massager FB09
- Heating is quick and good
- Infrared lights give a very comfortable and soothing heat
- Easy to drain
- Turning off heat makes you lose the bubbles too
As the name goes, this “Large Foot Massager” is geared towards people with bigger feet. The depth is also good and keeps your entire feet inside. The modes especially the bubble + heating is good and gives a great feel to the feet. Relaxes and relieves all the pain!
It comes equipped with some nice features. For instance, it has the splashguard so that water does not spill everywhere. It features special wheels that make it moveable so you can also adjust the position.
The drain hose feature (though small feature) is a thoughtful idea so you don’t have to lift and flip the entire massager.
Overall, you will have a nice soothing experience, but keep in mind that the bottom nubs are a bit sharp and not that comfortable if you have sensitive feet. If you don’t have sensitive feet, you will simply love this massager.
Things to Consider Before Buying a Foot Spa
As mentioned already, you can find different brands offering food spa and massagers to help you relax and get some therapeutic benefits. Here are a few things to consider before you decide to shell out some money to buy a spa product.
Pay Attention to the Heating Function
The finest foot spas will come with efficient and durable heating elements. If the heating function is not up to the mark, it will fail to keep the water warm throughout your spa session. Consider investing in a spa that allows you to select different heat levels. The ones with digital controls are even better.
Check the Availability of Different Programs
It means you should consider buying a unit that comes with multiple preset ‘programs’. You will find it much easier to use them because you can select functions like heat, vibrations, and bubbles. Opt for a footbath with at least 3-4 programs to make it easier to customize your bath.
Consider the Price
You have to understand that foot spa machines and massagers come with different features, and the more feature-rich they are, the higher will be the price. Consider your requirements to decide on the price.
You may need a high-end model if you’re a marathon runner or have a bunch of calluses that require a regular massage. You will do just fine with budget models if you’re interested in an occasional footbath only.
Other Things to Check
- Don’t forget to pay attention to the quality of vibrating rollers. Similarly, you should buy a unit with powerful massaging rollers to get a more relaxing foot massage.
- Be sure to decide whether you need a unit with a strong ‘bubbling’ feature or not. Some people may find bubbles to tickle their feet and make them uncomfortable. So, determine what works for you.
- Pay attention to how noisy the unit is. The combination of bubblers, massaging jets, and rollers can produce some noise, but opt for something that is quieter.
Foot spas are really going to help you feel relaxed after a tiring day at work. But, be sure to buy the best one, which is efficient, has a good heating element, produces less noise, and is rather affordable. You can certainly compare a few models and then decide what works best for you. Otherwise, consider one of the items reviewed in this guide to get the best bang for your buck.