Whether it is full blown summer or winter, BBQ flavor always gets your taste buds tingle with excitement. For all such BBQ savvy users, grilling machines are available. A highly popular grill brand is George Foreman which is a fat reducing grilling machine brand launched by George Foreman, the former boxing champion himself.
GF models have made their way into the homes of a wide number of users. Since they are available in so much variety, it is hard to find out what is the best George Foreman grill on the market.
Table of Contents
- 1 George Foreman Grill Reviews- 12 Best Picks
- 1.1 George Foreman 15-Serving Indoor/Outdoor Electric Grill
- 1.2 George Foreman GFO3320GM Indoor/Outdoor Gun Metal Electric Grill
- 1.3 George Foreman GFO200S Indoor/Outdoor Electric Grill
- 1.4 George Foreman 4-Serving Removable Plate Grill and Panini Press
- 1.5 George Foreman 2-Serving Classic Plate Electric Indoor Grill and Panini Press
- 1.6 George Foreman 5-Serving Removable Plate Grill and Panini Press
- 1.7 George Foreman GR2121B 8-Serving Classic Plate Grill
- 1.8 George Foreman 4-Serving Removable Plate Grill and Panini Press
- 1.9 George Foreman 9-Serving Classic Plate Electric Grill and Panini Press
- 1.10 George Foreman 15-Serving Indoor/Outdoor Electric Grill
- 1.11 George Foreman GFO201RX Indoor/Outdoor Electric Grill
- 1.12 George Foreman 240″ Nonstick Removable Stand Indoor/Outdoor Electric Grill
- 2 George Foreman Grill FAQs
- 3 Summing Up
George Foreman Grill Reviews- 12 Best Picks
It is very overwhelming to keep up with what’s hot and what’s not in the grilling department. That’s why you need to look at the reviews of the top 12 best George Foreman grill for 2019. Let’s evaluate each one:
George Foreman 15-Serving Indoor/Outdoor Electric Grill
It’s a 15 serving grill with 240 square inch grilling surface which is circular. This best-rated grill has George tough nonstick coating which is durable and extremely easy to clean. There is no need to use oil or butter to cook.
The indoor and outdoor removable stand lets you grill even if it’s windy outside. If you feel like grilling inside, then take it to your countertop and get started.
It features an adjustable temperature control that lets you choose from 5 different heat settings to get the results you want.
The best thing is that this grill is fully electric. You don’t need propane or charcoal to fuel it up. It has a durable grill plate which is easy to remove and makes cleanup fast. The drip tray collects excess fat and grease. The sloped grilling surface can remove 42 percent fat from your food. Why would anyone want to ignore a grill with such great features?
- It is electric so your landlord will allow it
- It heats up very quickly and does a great job keeping the food moist and juicy
- It’s extremely easy to assemble
- Some users have complained about problems with temperature gauge
George Foreman GFO3320GM Indoor/Outdoor Gun Metal Electric Grill
GFO3320GM is another grill with 240 sq. inch circular grilling surface. It is perfect for backyard grilling or family dinners. It is 5 times more durable all thanks to its non-stick ceramic surface. If you are looking for a grill for your apartment because you can’t use charcoal, this model would serve your need.
You will have 5 heat temperature settings to choose from. This grill also has a temperature gauge that offers you accurate heat reading so say goodbye to guessing games. It features a premium ceramic coating which means no more food sticking problem. It is stain and fade-resistant.
The sloped grilling surface helps remove fat by 42 percent. This model also comes with a removable stand and a drip tray.
- The temperature gauge lets you know the exact temperature
- The nonstick ceramic coating makes it 5 times durable than other grills
- It’s clean up is very easy
- The stand that it comes with isn’t stable
George Foreman GFO200S Indoor/Outdoor Electric Grill
This one gives you 200 square inch of circular grilling surface to make food for 12 people. It is apartment approved and 5 heat settings are available. Like other models, it also comes with a fat removing slop, drip tray, and a removable stand.
Its durable non-stick surface can be wiped down easily, making the cleanup pretty easy. With the plug-in temperature control dial, you can adjust the heat of the grill as per your cooking needs.
Grill either on the patio or on your kitchen’s countertop. You will have the power to create tasty food for everyone right from the comfort of your home.
- Heats up fast and makes food fast too
- Easy to assemble and use
- It’s smaller size makes it easy to use indoors
- It’s not that easy to clean
George Foreman 4-Serving Removable Plate Grill and Panini Press
If you are tight on kitchen space, this 4 serving removable plate grill is what you need. You will have 60 square inch cooking surface to grill the food you like. The plates are removable which makes cleaning easy. All you have to do is put the plates in the dishwasher.
Looking for more reasons to use this grill? It has a 35 percent faster heat up which means you won’t have to wait much for the grill to heat. Just plug it in and you will be done grilling in 10 minutes.
The nonstick coating makes it 3 times durable. It also features the fat removing slope like all other George Foreman grills.
- The fast heat up lets you prepare a meal in just 10 minutes
- The plates are dishwasher safe
- The hinges let you fit foods of different sizes
- There is a gap between the top and bottom plates where food particles can fall in
George Foreman 2-Serving Classic Plate Electric Indoor Grill and Panini Press
If you are looking for a grill for 2, this one is for you. You will have 36 square inch cooking surface to prepare servings for two. It is perfect for couples living in a small apartment. The original George Foreman grill plates give you the power to grill your favorite food.
It is not just good for grilling but making a Panini too. Just press down its lid and you will be done.
The nonstick coating reduces the need to add extra oil or butter. This makes it easier to clean. The sloped grilling surface is provided to reduce fat and let you make a tasty meal at home.
The dual contact heating speeds up the grilling so you will prepare food in no time. Once you are done, the drip tray collects fast and grease and all you have to do is get rid of it.
- It is perfect if you are looking for a small grill
- There is no temperature control, it has a plug-and-use operation
- It doesn’t let you overcook your food
- Its non-stick surface isn’t that impressive quality wise
George Foreman 5-Serving Removable Plate Grill and Panini Press
This 72 sq. inch grill and Panini press cooks for 5 people at the same time. The plates are removable which is a great feature when it comes to cleaning. It’s dishwasher safe too.
If you don’t want to deal with scraping food from the surface, then you will love the premium ceramic coating. It is 5 times durable, fade resistant and stain resistant.
You will be getting Patent George Foreman grill fat removing slope and a drip tray that collects fat and grease.
When the indicator light on the grill turns green, it means it is ready to cook. The adjustable hinge lets you grill thick as well as thin food items.
- It heats quickly and cooks fast too
- Wiping off grease is relatively easy
- The operation is simple. Just plug-in and it’s ready to use
- There is one temperature only. You cannot adjust the temperature for different food.
George Foreman GR2121B 8-Serving Classic Plate Grill
George Foreman GR2121B is a classic plate grill you can count on to cook your food evenly and quickly. It cooks 2 times faster than a frying pan.
It has a 1-inch adjustable hinge that can accommodate meats and veggies with large cuts. It has the George touch nonstick coating that makes cleaning super easy. The fat removing design helps drain 42 percent fat from your favorite meats.
You will have 120 sq. inches of grilling surface that cooks for 8 people at the same time. The large cooking area also features dual heating to speed the grilling. It also has a drip tray.
To make cooking easier, indicator lights are provided. When you plug in, the light turns red. When the light turns green, that means the grill is now preheated and it is ready to cook.
- You will have a wider grilling surface
- It has an adjustable temperature setting
- Cleanup is extremely easy
- It doesn’t evenly cook the food
George Foreman 4-Serving Removable Plate Grill and Panini Press
This is a 4 serving indoor grill that is good enough to cook dinner portions for a small family. Apart from the usual features found in George Foreman grill, the big upgrade is advanced George touch non-stick coating. That makes it scratch resistant and dishwasher safe.
Other features include the fat removing design, removable plates for easy clean-up, drop tray, power indicator lights, and floating hinge.
- Perfect for small indoor kitchen
- It is dishwasher safe
- Scratch resistant, thanks to advanced George touch non-stick coating
- It heats food only from the center
George Foreman 9-Serving Classic Plate Electric Grill and Panini Press
This family size grill offers 144 sq. inch grilling space. It is durable and easy to clean because it comes with the tough non-stick coating. The classic plate doubles as a Panini press too.
It has a dual cooking position. You can either use the slope or set it flat. The advanced heating elements embedded inside offer even heat distribution. You can hence say goodbye to the problem of uncooked food.
Not to forget, it has a fat removing slop, power indicator light, and a drip tray which is dishwasher safe.
- It preheats in just 6 to 8 minutes
- It can cook thick food evenly because of the hinge
- It is simple and fast to clean
- The design is not durable
George Foreman 15-Serving Indoor/Outdoor Electric Grill
If you are looking for a larger grill, this one offers 240 sq. inch circular grilling surface. You can cook 15 servings at a time. It is suitable for both indoor and outdoor use.
It has a removable stand that allows you to take it outdoors and grill everyone’s favorite food. Or you can simply place it on the countertop and cook indoors.
It further features adjustable temperature control. You can choose from 5 different heat settings depending on what food you are cooking. Other features include George Tough Nonstick Coating, fat removing slop, and drip tray,
- Adjustable temperature control available
- Designed for indoor and outdoor use
- Easy to assemble
- The stand is a little flimsy
George Foreman GFO201RX Indoor/Outdoor Electric Grill
George Foreman GFO201RX is a 200 sq. inch rectangular grill that lets you serve 12 people. Its size makes it good for indoor and outdoor use.
George Tough Nonstick Coating makes cleaning easier than ever. It comes with a drip tray, fat removing slope, and a removable stand. It has an adjustable temperature control that lets you choose from 5 heat settings.
You will have the power to create tasty portions of food for everyone. And once you are done, the cleanup is simple.
- It cooks fast and evenly
- It heats up nicely and you have 5 temperature settings to choose from
- Great for indoor and outdoor use
- The stand is wobbly
- It is a small unit
George Foreman 240″ Nonstick Removable Stand Indoor/Outdoor Electric Grill
This 240 sq. inch indoor and outdoor electric grill is another nice option for homeowners with space constraints. It has an adjustable temperature setting and you can choose from 5 temperature options.
It is perfect for kitchen counter, decks, and patios. It also features fat removing design.
- It is easy to put together
- The temperature is adjustable
- Suitable for indoor and outdoor use
- The heat is not evenly distributed
- It’s not a Panini press
George Foreman Grill FAQs
How Does George Foreman Grill Work?
All George Foreman grills operate in a similar way. Place the grill on a flat surface and plug the machine. Press the switch located on the bottom of the grill’s edge. The red light will turn which indicates the grill is now on. Once it turns green, that means it is ready to use. Open the grill and spray the plates with cooking spray or a brush with cooking oil. Now close the grill and wait for the light to go out. Open it again and place the food. You can use George Foreman grills for chicken recipes, steaks or any other food you like.
When Is George Foreman Grill Ready?
Once the indicator light goes out, that means the grill has heated up and it is now ready to use.
What Is The Best Way To Clean George Foreman Grill?
After you are done using the grill, unplug it. Use a wet paper towel to wipe the grill surface while it’s still hot. That’s the best way to remove grime and grease off the plates. But be careful or you might burn yourself.
Now, wait for the grill to cool down. Use a sponge dipped in soapy water to wipe the grill from the inside. Repeat this as necessary until you have removed all fat. Once it’s cleaned, use a dish towel to dry the grill. You can clean the drip tray the same way or toss it into the dishwasher.
What Temperature George Foreman Grill For Chicken
The grilling time depends on the size and thickness of the good. When you are grilling chicken, preheat the grill for 5 minutes with the lid closed. It may take 4 to 6 minutes to prepare chicken given that it is pounded.
Can George Foreman Grill Make Panini?
George Foreman Grills aren’t just good for steaks but you can use them for making Panini as well. However, not all the grills are capable of making Panini. Only the ones that feature Panini press can do so.
Are George Foreman Grill Plates Dishwasher Safe?
George Foreman Grill comes with removable plates and they are dishwasher safe.
Figuring out which George Foreman grill is best is confusing indeed. These units have made it easier to make grilled food without the use of charcoal or other fuel. Don’t spend your hard-earned income on the wrong electric grill. Choose from this list and enjoy making BBQ or grilled food at home.