UPDATED: May 19, 2019.
Are you searching for an ideal shower head for your bathroom? Are you looking for the answer to what is the best high pressure shower head? If yes, this is the right article for you.
A shower head is the most critical and indispensable accessory in every bathroom. After a hard day at work, everybody likes to stand under a warm shower for a few minutes. These minutes energizes our body, relaxes our muscles, and refreshes our mood.
These refreshments can be enhanced if you have the best high pressure shower head in your bathroom. So, how do you go about getting one? Here is a guide to help you through.
- 1 What High Pressure Shower Head Does
- 2 Know Before You Visit the Market
- 3 Top 10 High Pressure Shower Head Reviews 2019
- 3.1 1. WASSA High Pressure Shower Head
- 3.2 2. YOO.MEE High Pressure Handheld Shower Head
- 3.3 3. Aqua Elegante 3 Inch High Pressure Shower Head
- 3.4 4. AquaBliss TurboSpa 3 Inches High Pressure Shower Head
- 3.5 5. Speakman S-2252 Signature Brass Icon Anystream High Pressure Adjustable Shower Head
- 3.6 6. Aqua Elegante 6 Function Adjustable Luxury Shower Head
- 3.7 7. KZKJ High Pressure Air-Injection Rainfall Adjustable Fixed Shower Head
- 3.8 8. Delta Faucet 2-Spray Shower Head
- 3.9 9. Luxsego Ionic Shower Head
- 3.10 10. SparkPod Shower Head
- 4 Special Features to Consider
- 5 FAQs About Best High Pressure Shower Head
- 6 Conclusion
What High Pressure Shower Head Does
The perfect high pressure shower head for your bathroom should do the following things:
- Delivers a high pressure stream of water – Shower head experts find that people are more satisfied with a shower head that delivers a powerful stream and covers the whole body.
- Reduces water usage – A normal 2.5 gpm shower head will save a lot of water compared to a 5 gpm model. The best high pressure unit uses as little as 1.5 gpm and still provides sufficient water pressure.
- Keeps warm water warm – Most high pressure shower heads use air pressure to boast the sensation of water pressure. However, some of these models can significantly cool your water and make it cold before it hits your body. Many brands have new models that don’t affect the water temperature.
- Installs easily – The majority of high pressure shower heads are easy to install by yourself. In fact, they don’t require a lot of tools to get installed – just a plumber’s tape, an adjustable wrench, and the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Is simple to adjust – Some heads only offer a single flow pattern, but models with many settings should be easy to switch from one setting to the other.
- Holds up well for long – The head shouldn’t leak or break after a few uses and its finish should remain intact for long.
Know Before You Visit the Market
Before you even head out to the market to buy your high pressure shower head, you should ask yourself the following questions:
- Do I need a handheld model? – These models are versatile and function just like a fixed model. They have a benefit in that you can focus them on a specific part of your body. However, fixed shower heads often fair better than handheld models.
- What spray pattern do I want? – Some people like an invigorating and firm spray while others love the trickle of a rain pattern. Others prefer the traditional wide spray that covers a lot of ground while other love a pulsing massage jet. Decide what you want.
- How tall are the users? – Some shower heads might pose problems to tall or short people. For instance, a large head might be pretty high for a short person. Measure the ideal distance.
- How strong is my water pressure? – Shower heads with a flow rate of 2½ gpm can still provide enough pressure to satisfy you. However, the best high pressure models don’t really need to use water with high pressure to provide a stream flow.
- Do I require an extension arm? – You shouldn’t buy a shower head that will require you to purchase additional accessories in order to get it working the way you want.
At a Glance: The 10 Models We’ve Chosen as Contenders for the Best High Pressure Shower Head:
- WASSA High Pressure Shower Head (Top Pick)
- YOO.MEE High Pressure Handheld Shower Head (Top Rated)
- Aqua Elegante High Pressure Shower Head (Editor Choice)
- AquaBliss TurboSpa 3 Inches High Pressure Shower Head
- Speakman High Pressure Adjustable Shower Head
- Aqua Elegante 6 Function Adjustable Luxury Shower Head
- KZKJ High Pressure Adjustable Fixed Shower Head
- Delta Faucet 2-Spray Shower Head
- Luxsego Ionic Shower Head
- SparkPod Shower Head
Top 10 High Pressure Shower Head Reviews 2019
Here is a review of the top 10 high pressure shower heads on the shelves today.
1. WASSA High Pressure Shower Head
WASSA High Pressure Shower Head is a powerful and compact product that sprays superior rain even when the water pressure and flow are low. The unit comes with self-cleaning nozzles that prevent hard water and lime deposits. That’s thanks to the 45 silicon jets.
Another great feature of this shower head is the lifetime guarantee warranty that accompanies it. It is also very easy to install this unit; you only need to attach to any ordinary shower arm. Its package includes Teflon Tape, a 3 inches showerhead, and a lifetime guarantee card.
2. YOO.MEE High Pressure Handheld Shower Head
YOO.MEE High Pressure Handheld Shower Head features a patent design that makes it a powerful and beautiful product. In fact, its design provides reliability, simplicity, and applicability and gives you a memorable showering moment.
The product also boasts of a powerful spray that provides high pressure even when the water flow and pressure are low, making it ideal for low water pressure. This is possible due to the upgraded 2XP turbo charging shower head that conserves your water.
Furthermore, the unit comes with silicone rubber jet nozzles that prevent the build-up of elements, like minerals, and cleans itself. It also comes with a one year warranty.
3. Aqua Elegante 3 Inch High Pressure Shower Head
Aqua Elegante 3 Inch High Pressure Shower Head is constructed with a robust ABS plastic that makes it corrosion-free. The unit provides an incredibly high flow rate and pressure at a go because of its 42 nozzles that gash out the water.
What is even amazing, you can adjust your shower head to enjoy a low flow that resembles a spa shower. This is provided by the removable flow limiter that comes with clear instructions on how to do it.
Self-cleaning nozzles thwart calcium build-up and the shower head is perfect for use in outdoor areas.
4. AquaBliss TurboSpa 3 Inches High Pressure Shower Head
AquaBliss TurboSpa 3 Inches High Pressure Shower Head is one of the most powerful high pressure shower heads on the market today. It features 42 high pressure nozzles that channel the water like a waterfall – forcing and boosting water far than a rain shower head.
With this product, you are assured of enjoying a spa-like bath that makes you relax after a long day. Tank-tough brass and pivoting wide-spray head allow you to redirect every drop of water into a high flow that massages every part of your body.
What’s more, it is very easy to install this shower head and it comes with a 12 months warranty.
5. Speakman S-2252 Signature Brass Icon Anystream High Pressure Adjustable Shower Head
Speakman S-2252 boasts of a patented anystream three hundred and sixty degree technology that ensures the water touches every inch of your body. It is made of durable and firm brass that guarantees longevity and quality of your product.
Furthermore, the unit is equipped with self-cleaning nozzles and speakman patented plunger systems that prevent minerals build-up. The best part, this product consistently provides powerful spray even when the water flow and pressure are low.
You might also be excited to learn that the package comes with a Teflon tape to help you have an easy time when installing your shower head.
6. Aqua Elegante 6 Function Adjustable Luxury Shower Head
Aqua Elegante 6 Function Adjustable Luxury Shower Head features 6 different settings that enable you to choose your preferred shower. These settings are water saving, 2 mixed modes, gentle rain, saturating power shower, and pulsating massage.
Another great feature of this shower head is the removable restrictor that you can easily remove to boost gpm for a high water pressure. This unit ensures that you get a super spa-like shower inside your bathroom.
Made with robust, high-quality ABS plastic, the product is sturdy and is also made of durable brass fitting that doesn’t leak or crack.
7. KZKJ High Pressure Air-Injection Rainfall Adjustable Fixed Shower Head
KZKJ High Pressure Shower Head is designed for top performance under low water flow and pressure conditions. The unit comes with patented air showerhead that inhales a large amount of air that enables the water droplets to become more full and gentle.
This product gives you a chance to enjoy a pearl-like rain shower that covers your entire body and produce the best feeling. Additionally, self-cleaning 64 nozzles anti-block silicone jets prevent hard water and lime deposits.
Engineered to be robust with high-quality ABS plastic, this shower head is stain resistance and also comes with a durable brass fitting that doesn’t leak or crack.
8. Delta Faucet 2-Spray Shower Head
Delta Faucet 2-Spray Shower Head comes with 2 settings of adjustable water amplifying spray and H20kinetic spray. Furthermore, the unit is covered by the manufacturer’s finish and limited lifetime warranty that guarantees you a replacement in case it has a defect.
Additionally, it is very easy to install the unit and it easily connects to a 0.5 inches shower arms. What is even amazing is that all the necessary mounting hardware are added to the package. This ensures that you install your shower head immediately you get it.
9. Luxsego Ionic Shower Head
Luxsego Ionic Shower Head comes with special mineral balls that reduce absorption of chlorine and harmful elements in the atmosphere. These mineral balls are the negative ion and the infrared mineral stones which also purify and soften the water to make your hair and skin softer and smoother.
As well, the unit provides 3 spray patterns of massage, jetting, and rainfall to bring you the utmost shower experience inside your home. It is very easy to install this shower head and it fits any standard hose. You don’t require any tool to install it.
10. SparkPod Shower Head
SparkPod Shower Head is a high pressure water shower head that jets out high pressure rain of warm water so your entire body is covered with water. With this unit, you will never go back to your normal shower head.
Easy tool-free installation, the head easily connects to all standard shower arms within a minute. You also get a free Teflon tape as well as additional water filter that make it easy to fit your unit.
The unit saves you on your water bills and is ideal for people looking for high-end spa experiences.
Special Features to Consider
Some high pressure shower heads come with special features that you should consider. For example, some have temperature control facilities and reading.
Some heads come with Bluetooth that enables you to listen to your favorite music while taking a shower.
Some of the luxurious models have adjustable shower pattern that enables you to create a steam that suits your preference.
Some models have touch or digital controls for operations.
Understanding H20Kinetic Technology
H20kinetic is simply a wave pattern that conserves water. It is a technology that disperses water in such a manner that you feel like more water is being used and providing more coverage but in reality, you are using less water.
Understanding Immersion Technology
Immersion tech of shower heads is self-pressurizing the water in your shower to produce water with a higher force that creates a powerful stream for coverage. This technology is often used by high pressure shower head manufacturers.
Shower Head and Environmental Consideration
Some years back, there were no regulations on water flow from your shower head. They used to dispense water flow at 8 gpm. This led to wastage of this scarce commodity.
But with time, states have enacted regulations to conserve the precious water and stop unnecessary wastage. Some state’s law states that no shower head should produce water flow of more than 2.5 gpm.
FAQs About Best High Pressure Shower Head
Here are some question and answer that most people ask about high pressure shower heads.
Q: My water pressure is low. Will a high pressure shower head work?
Yes. These shower heads always make the best of what they get. They work in very low pressure of even 20 psi and most provide amazing flow.
Q: What is the main feature of a shower head?
Pressure. Of course, you cannot determine this by looking at a shower head. However, over time you will learn how to spot the best models and brands.
Q: Are high pressure shower head regal?
Yes. As long as they meet the state’s regulations, including the 2½ gpm flow, they are regal.
The best high pressure shower head can enhance your bathroom, but getting it can be hard. So, ensure that you follow our guide to get the best one for your need. One great model that you should try is the WASSA High Pressure Shower Head. It is effective and offers value for your money.