UPDATED: Nov 01, 2019.
When you have a hot tub at home, you need to be very careful about maintaining it properly. Leaving it dirty would affect its performance and may even expose you to several health-related problems.
However, washing your hot tubs often can be a bit challenging, especially when you’re a busy individual. Not only is it time-consuming, but it is also tricky too because you may find it difficult to get rid of the dirt hiding in between the parts of your hot tub.
That’s when investing in a hot tub vacuum cleaner will help. But the question is, “What is the best hot tub vacuum on the market today?” Let’s find out more about it.
At a Glance: Our Top Choices for Best Hot Tub Vacuum that Feature in This Guide:
- Aura 6250 Paradise Power Spa Vacuum (Top Pick)
- Water Tech Pool Blaster Pool & Spa Cleaner (Top Rated)
- Intex Handheld Rechargeable Vacuum (Editor Choice)
- PoolSupplyTown Mini Jet Vac Vacuum Cleaner
- Polaris 5-100-00 Spa Wand Vacuum
- Water Tech Pool Blaster Cordless Pool Vacuum Cleaner
- Game 4855 Pool Vacuum Cleaner
- 1 Top-Rated Hot Tub Vacuum Cleaners You Can Buy
- 1.1 1. Aura 6250 Paradise Power Spa Vacuum
- 1.2 2. Water Tech Pool Blaster Catfish Li Pool & Spa Cleaner
- 1.3 3. Intex Handheld Rechargeable Vacuum
- 1.4 4. PoolSupplyTown Mini Jet Vac Vacuum Cleaner
- 1.5 5. Polaris 5-100-00 Spa Wand Vacuum
- 1.6 6. Water Tech Pool Blaster Cordless Pool Vacuum Cleaner
- 1.7 7. Game 4855 Pool Vacuum Cleaner
- 2 How Does a Hot Tub Vacuum Work?
- 3 Why Opt for a Hot Tub Vacuum Cleaner?
- 4 Things to Remember When Buying a Vacuum
- 5 Conclusion
Top-Rated Hot Tub Vacuum Cleaners You Can Buy
So many brands are now available with a range of vacuum cleaners, but you should be considering your budget and check the features before making a purchase. Here are some of the most popular options for you to consider.
1. Aura 6250 Paradise Power Spa Vacuum
- Self-contained vacuum for easy operation
- No need to empty the net after every use
- Suitable for your fountains and spas
- Maybe a bit pricey for some
Aura 6250 Paradise Spa Vacuum allows you to clean your spa with convenience and ease. It is a super convenient non-powered version of spa cleaner with no batteries, pumps, and even water hook.
It has an aluminum telescopic pole which can extend up to 7 feet enabling you to collect dirt and particles from every nook and corner. Its super fine net collects coarse elements like rocks, pennies, and marbles as well as fine sandy particles.
This handy vacuum cleaner is ideal for cleaning fountains and small kids’ pools along with cleaning spa. It works with air pressure and sucks water in its inlet when pressure is released.
It comes with a large net to collect debris, so you don’t need to empty or clean filtration net repeatedly. It delivers nice performance, but it may be a bit pricier as compared to other similar cleaners in the market.
2. Water Tech Pool Blaster Catfish Li Pool & Spa Cleaner
- Lithium powered batteries for extended use
- Multiple filters for improved performance
- Collects every tiny particle or insects and keep your pool debris-free.
- Suction not powerful enough to remove large debris and particles
This battery operated water tech pool cleaner comes with 1 reusable all-purpose filter and 2 microfilters for cleaning. It ensures no dirt particle or insect remains in the water and makes your pool super clean and hygienic.
This pool vacuum cleaner is powered by replaceable lithium batteries that can fully charge in just four hours and runs nonstop for 45 minutes.
You won’t have to worry about the battery running out without completing the task. It can even work at the minimum operating depth 9 inches at 45 degrees, which is nice.
Overall, the cleaner works and collects debris, small stones, and other elements from every nook and corner of the pool. The only issue is that the suction power is not that impressive when it comes to removing large debris and leaves.
3. Intex Handheld Rechargeable Vacuum
- Built-in Ni-MH batteries for long-lasting operation
- Interchangeable brushes for improved performance
- Extendable rod handle to clean your pool or hot tub thoroughly
- Limited battery time making it difficult to clean the pool in a single attempt
This handheld vacuum pool cleaner comes with powerful built-in batteries that can be recharged with its USB charger. Its powerful suction ensures no impurities remain in the pool and leaves your pool clean and debris-free.
Its extended rod cleans dirt and coarse particles easily from the bottom of the pool without needing you to get down.
The good thing is that it comes with two interchangeable brushes and you can switch the brush according to the requirement of pool space. This Intex Handheld vacuum pool cleaner is super convenient and easy to use. It is quite durable too, thanks to its telescoping aluminum shaft.
The only issue is that the battery time is not all that impressive.
4. PoolSupplyTown Mini Jet Vac Vacuum Cleaner
- Completely mechanical with no need of batteries or power supply
- Connects with standard water supply hose and works on hydraulic pressure
- Easily fits in typical telescopic poles used for pool cleaning
- Inadequate assembling directions making installation difficult
This mini-jet vacuum cleaner is a handy pool cleaner that does not require any electrical energy to operate and saves you bucks. You just need to attach it with your normal power supply hose and turn on for the immediate removal of coarse particles. It is ideal for above ground pools, spas, ponds, and fountains.
It comes in standard sizes and can easily fit in any general telescopic pole. Installation is not that tricky, but you need to have some experience to handle it well.
Inadequate assembling directions make it difficult to handle in the initial attempts; however, you can take help from YouTube videos by the users to understand its assembling process.
5. Polaris 5-100-00 Spa Wand Vacuum
- No batteries, power supply, or even water hose needed for operation
- Great for last moment cleaning or for removing small particles instantly
- Multiple nozzles included for the ease of use and better performance
- Not enough suction power for larger debris
This handy Polaris spa wand works only on manual power and does not require any hydraulic pressure or electrical power. It means you don’t need to connect it to a water hose or use batteries.
The hot tub vacuum gives you the convenience to move it freely around the pool. It is super cheap and is a great tool for pool parties.
It is ideal for your last minute pool cleaning and removes any coarse particle at sight keeping your spa or pool perfectly tidy. Moreover, it comes with multiple nozzles for picking different types of particles.
It is quite good as a whole, but many users have confirmed that it is difficult to use and requires continuous hand pumping. It also results in a weaker suction that cannot pick any element larger than half an inch including leaves.
6. Water Tech Pool Blaster Cordless Pool Vacuum Cleaner
- Larger filter bag to hold 40% more debris and sand
- Extremely simple to install and use
- Redesigned water vents to work efficiently
- No troubleshooting info in the user’s manual
If you’re looking for a lightweight yet efficient pool vacuum cleaner, you may want to put your money on the Pool Blaster Max Li HD. The best thing is that it can work on its own without depending on your pool’s filtration systems.
It delivers great performance mainly because it comes with 20% more power as compared to your standard vacuum cleaner. It features a larger filter bag with a capacity of holding 40% more than the standard cleaner, which is an added benefit.
It is extremely easy to use as well, as you can attach it to a tele pole and maneuver over spa and pool floors, steps, and walls. The good thing is that the system comes with redesigned water vents that make it possible to college more debris in a short time. In the absence of cords and hoses, you will also have total peace of mind while the vacuum does its job.
Overall, the vacuum works quite nicely, but many users have complained about an ineffective user’s manual that shares no details about troubleshooting. It may be annoying but is not a deal-breaker by any stretch of the imagination.
7. Game 4855 Pool Vacuum Cleaner
- Simple design for easy maintenance
- Quick cleanup of debris
- No need of any hoses or hookups
- Not suitable for larger pools and spas
When you need a vacuum cleaner that could clean up minor debris quickly and efficiently, the Game 4855 may fit the bill perfectly. It is simple and efficient design helps it deliver an amazing performance. The presence of a wide nozzle and slid-on-brush also adds to its overall effectiveness.
Thanks to its simple design and working mechanism, assembling and using the vacuum cleaner is never going to be an issue. It handles debris well, and the presence of a dirt leaf skimmer means you don’t have to worry about larger leaves any longer.
Overall, the Game 4855 is one fine choice for anyone looking for a vacuum cleaner for their small above ground pools. But, be sure to look for something else when you have a larger pool or spa because it has its limitations and cannot create enough suction power to manager larger pools.
How Does a Hot Tub Vacuum Work?
They work in the same way as the regular vacuum cleaner that you use in your home. The cleaner makes use of the power of suction to swallow all the dirt and debris in your hot tub.
Something that sets hot tub cleaners apart from the regular vacuum cleaner is their compact size. They look sleek and are designed to reach all parts of the tub. Some of these cleaners have small heads to help you have access to hard-to-reach areas.
Why Opt for a Hot Tub Vacuum Cleaner?
Even if you don’t own a vacuum cleaner for your home, you should still consider buying one for your hot tub or pool. Dirt and debris can cause all sorts of problems, and in the case of swimming pools, you also need to deal with leaves and other objects. Here are some of the most common reasons to put your money on a hot tub vacuum cleaner:
- It cleans effectively and thoroughly. Because of its compact design, there will be no area inaccessible to these vacuum cleaners. You can even clean the drain area with utmost ease. In fact, you can also use these cleaners to clean areas near your hot tub filter or hot tub pump.
- It saves time and effort. If you try to do it manually, you will have to waste a lot of time, and you will still fail to clean like an efficient vacuum cleaner. Therefore, it makes a lot of sense to invest your money in a durable vacuum cleaner.
- It allows you to use several attachments to make cleaning even easier. With so many accessories available, you will be able to make your vacuum cleaner a lot more efficient. Some popular accessories including brush nozzles, attachable skimmers, absorbing sponges, and more.
Things to Remember When Buying a Vacuum
There are so many options available for different types of hot tubs. Some of them are quite ordinary, while others are so powerful to take care of your hot tubs as well as larger swimming pools. You need to consider a few things to ensure you get a vacuum perfectly suitable for your hot tub or pool.
Corded or Cordless: An Important Question to Answer
Before you finalize your decision of buying a hot tub vacuum, you need to consider the size of your pool.
A corded vacuum is usually a good option for smaller hot tubs and pools. However, you should also consider if you will have small debris or large debris to take care of, as it determines how powerful a vacuum need to be.
A corded vacuum can efficiently pick small debris, such as crumbs, small pebbles, dirt, and even tiny toys because it uses the suction power.
In case of large debris, such as insects, leaves, and plant bits, you will need something more powerful, like a handheld vacuum. They are usually corded and have the power to collect larger debris with utmost ease. A good thing with corded vacuums is that they work efficiently for both hot tubs and larger pools.
Consider Your Budget
You need to know the amount of money you can spend to get yourself a hot tub vacuum, but you should also decide whether you need a corded or cordless cleaner. You can get a cordless cleaner at a lower price, mainly because they are not that powerful.
Corded cleaners that can work underwater are a lot more expensive, so you need to start with a better budget.
The fact of the matter is that washing your hot tubs is never an easy task, as the dirt and debris can get clogged in the deepest parts of your tub. You can use a cloth or mop to do some cleaning, but that is never going to prove enough.
Using a hot tub vacuum cleaner is a good idea but be sure to consider the size of your tub and pay attention to other factors to select the best cleaner for the job.