We, humans, have been using hot tubs since ancient times to unwind and relax, and some things just don’t change.
In the past, you didn’t have to think about different kinds of hot tubs, they were all more or less the same but now the hot tub market has become a lot more competitive.
Since it’s a costly investment you don’t want to make a decision overnight without weighing all the options. So you should take some time to learn what are the best hot tubs and why?
Before you make a decision you need to look for different brands, evaluate and compare prices, features, and maintenance costs but don’t freak out, we are here to do all the hard work for you.
We have created a list of 8 best hot tubs that would guide you and help you in making a good decision according to your needs.
- 1 The 8 Best Hot Tubs Consumer Reports
- 1.1 1. Essential Hot Tubs 20-Jet Arbor Hot Tub, Cobblestone
- 1.2 2. Essential Hot Tubs with 50 jets Polara Hot Tub, Gray
- 1.3 3. Lifesmart Plug and Play Hot Tub Spa With 13 Jets
- 1.4 4. Essential Hot Tubs with 11-Jets Integrity Hot Tub, Grey
- 1.5 5. Intex PureSpa Bubble Massage Inflatable Outdoor Hot Tub
- 1.6 6. Coleman 71″ x 26″ Portable Spa Inflatable 4-Person Hot Tub, Black.
- 1.7 7. Coleman 71″ x 26″ Inflatable Spa 4-Person Hot Tub with 6 Filter Cartridge
- 1.8 8. Essential Hot Tubs 30-Jet Adelaide Hot Tub, Seats 5-6, Espresso
- 2 FAQS:
- 3 Conclusion
The 8 Best Hot Tubs Consumer Reports
A list of the eight best hot tubs for your home for both indoor and outdoor use.
1. Essential Hot Tubs 20-Jet Arbor Hot Tub, Cobblestone
- All-Seasons: Comes with a Balboa heater for year-round relaxation.
- Easy Plug-In: Plug into any standard 120V/15A outlet (GFCI cord included).
- 20 Stainless Steel Jets: Get therapy or massage at the touch of a button.
- 6 Seats: Comfortable seating for 6 people, perfect for socializing with family or friends.
- Easy Installation: Ready to be used right away
- Simple, highly durable and has a low maintenance cost
- Heavy-duty, insulated tapered cover with locking clips included.
- There are a few cavities that do not have foam insulation.
Essential hot tubs manufacture some of the best hot tubs that are both durable and affordable. This particular model is also lightweight despite its robust design which makes it easy to move and easy to install. Even though the installation is easy in itself, thanks to superior customer service the entire process is made even more convenient.
If you are looking for an easy to maintain and affordable hot tub that is made of good quality granite resin Essential hot tub is perhaps your safest bet. Its size can seat up to 6-7 people making it the ideal hot tub for friends and family.
2. Essential Hot Tubs with 50 jets Polara Hot Tub, Gray
- Sturdy and durable
- Comes With 50 Jets for a comfortable massage experience
- Installed with balboa heater for all-season relaxation
- Made in the USA
- Can seat up to six
- It is recommended to get this hot tub installed by a certified electrician
- On the expensive side
Another essential hot tub on the list of best hot tubs! This hot tub is for those that are serious about massage therapy and total relaxation and comfort. It is a great spa that is not only comfortable and roomy but also comes with adjustable and powerful jets and many different settings that allow one to relax just the way they want to.
This hot tub has six comfortable seats and each seat massages a different area of the body to give you the ultimate spa experience. Included are 34 adjustable stainless steel jets and 16 non-adjustable steel jets for unadulterated relaxation.
3. Lifesmart Plug and Play Hot Tub Spa With 13 Jets
- Easy Installation: Simply set it up and plug it in.
- Eco-Smart technology efficiently manages energy.
- Made up of a Sandstone Rock Solid shell for added strength.
- It comes with four bucket seats with sixteen rotating high power jets and a waterfall.
- Has a spa light with interchangeable mood lens caps.
- The compact design makes it ideal for narrow and long backyards
- Lightweight – easy to move around
- Lacking a bit in the style and design department
Lifesmart is one of the best selling pool brands in the world. This particular offers fantastic value and is built to last. The size of the tub might be small but the fit and craftsmanship are outstanding.
It may not be the most aesthetically pleasing hot tub in the market but its sandstone rock-solid shell ensures durability and practicality. It is also very easy to maintain and features 12 therapy jets for a decent massage experience.
The waterfall feature and dials that allow you to control the perfect mixture of air and water make for a relaxing and almost meditative hot tub experience.
4. Essential Hot Tubs with 11-Jets Integrity Hot Tub, Grey
- A portable hot tub that comes with 11 powerful jets.
- Can be used all year round thanks to its insulated tub covers and Balboa heater
- Made in the USA
- Easy to install and use. Just plugin, sit back and relax.
- Digital controls and LED multicolor underwater lights included
- Compact heavy-duty construction
- All-season use
- Not the most aesthetically pleasing hot tub featured on this list
Essentials are dominating this list but for good reason. The essential hot tub is one of the leading brands of hot tubs and their products speak for themselves. All of their tubs are affordable and well made.
This tub has 11 energy-efficient hydrotherapy jets that will help you loosen up after a long day at work. It is made of granite resin with a foam-insulated cabinet. This tub also offers better stability and durability than its rivals.
It is simple to set up, lightweight, and cheap to maintain and is definitely a good choice for someone looking for a durable hot tub that will keep them warm and relaxed all-year-round.
5. Intex PureSpa Bubble Massage Inflatable Outdoor Hot Tub
- Built-in water Treatment: makes water gentle on skin
- Puncture Resistance: Ensures stability and durability
- Offers comfortable seating for four
- Adjustable Heating System at the touch of a hand
- Carry Bag: For easy storage and transport
- Super affordable
- Lightweight and easy to set up
- Features 120 high-powered bubble jets
- No seats, loungers or headrest
- Limited massage experience
Another major player in the pool market is Intex and it’s no surprise one of their hot tub models is being featured on this list.
The Intex Pure Spa can be set up quickly and easily. This sturdy inflatable spa is designed with high-strength polyester fibers and is made of resistant three-ply laminated material that offers comfort, stability, and longevity.
The Intex PureSpa Bubble Massage Spa is easy to maintain thanks to its two easy-to-replace filter cartridges, the 10-watt hard water system, and chlorine dispenser. The product is super affordable and comes with many accessories.
For the price, there is nothing better. Portable, easy to maintain, and surprisingly durable this is the ideal hot tub for people who are new to the world of spas and hot tubs.
6. Coleman 71″ x 26″ Portable Spa Inflatable 4-Person Hot Tub, Black.
- Easy and straightforward setup.
- Compact, lightweight and portable
- Easy to maintain
- Comes with a digital control panel for heat adjustment
- Features 60 air jets
- Several add-ons included
- Takes time to heat up water
- Cannot be used in colder temperatures
It can be a fantastic buying experience for first-time hot tub owners. The Coleman Portable Spa is comparatively very easy to set up, take down, clean, and maintain. This tub can hold four average-sized people comfortably.
This relatively inexpensive hot tub is great if you are looking for something that is small, manageable, and offers excellent value for money. If you live in an area with relatively mild winters investing in an inflatable hot tub might be the best decision you will ever make!
7. Coleman 71″ x 26″ Inflatable Spa 4-Person Hot Tub with 6 Filter Cartridge
- Easy to assemble
- Comes with massage jets and a cushioned floor
- Great value for money
- Made Of Durable 3 Ply PVC: Ensures structure stability
- Portable: comes with 2 side handles
- Easy to maintain and clean
- Comes with six extra filter cartridges
- Limited massage experience
- Takes time to heat up spa water in colder conditions
This is the same Coleman model we just reviewed but with this deal, you get more bang for your buck! For a slightly higher price, you can get the Coleman and six additional filter cartridges which make maintaining clean and sparkling spa water easier and faster. It also means you don’t have to worry about getting replacement cartridges for at least a few seasons.
The Coleman as we said earlier is simple to set up and use, it does not cost you an arm and leg and the bubble jets do the job when it comes to providing a relaxing massage.
This product offers excellent value and is a cost-effective purchase that will give you everything you need to enjoy a relaxing hot tub experience for many seasons to come.
8. Essential Hot Tubs 30-Jet Adelaide Hot Tub, Seats 5-6, Espresso
- Fairly large-size fits up to 5-6 people
- Installed with Digital panel for multiple massage therapy choices
- Comes with 3 headrests and 2 LED-lit water columns
- Built-in ice bucket with a lid and tray
- Plug and Play Hot tub
- Luxurious and durable construction
- 30 adjustable jets and a Balboa heater for year-round enjoyment
- On the expensive side
We start and end this list of the 8 best hot tubs fittingly with yet another Essential. The most luxurious model of them all.
This Essential Adelaide hot tub has many amazing features that make it unique and worth the purchase. Even at what may seem like a steep price point this mid-tier hot tub is a steal as it offers similar features to hot tubs that are twice or even thrice its price.
From comfortable headrests and ergonomic lounging positions to excellent build-quality, this product has it all. Set up is easy and the instruction manual is clear and easy to follow which can be of great help.
Tapered insulated cover and balboa heater hold water temperature making it the ideal hot tub to relax in even on the chilliest of winter nights. Its size is decent and the jets are very relaxing. If you are a hot tub person this Essential is definitely the one to buy if you have the money for it.
Q: Who makes lifesmart hot tubs?
A: Lifesmart hot tubs are manufactured in Vista, California by Watkins Wellness. Watkin Wellness has a wide network of dealers that ship to more than 1,000 retail locations in 50 states and 70+ countries.
Q: How much does a 5 person hot tub cost?
A: There are different types of hot tubs and each type has different prices. The basic three kinds of 5 person hot tubs are Inflatable hot tubs, Entry-level hot tubs, and Mid-tier hot tubs.
A: Most inflatable hot tubs cost around $300–$1,500. Entry-level hot tubs can cost anything between $1,500–$4,000. Mid- Tier Hot tubs are much more expensive at around $4,000–$8,000.
Q: How to build a wood stove hot tub?
A: Building a wood stove hot tub is no easy task. If you haven’t built one in the past or don’t have experience with carpentry and tools it is best to leave this DIY project to a professional.
A: In order to build a wood stove hot tub, you will need a 55-gallon steel barrel with a closed top, a barrel stove conversion kit, and a stove pipe. The kit comes with the door, the chimney collar, and the legs for the stove.
A: Follow the detailed instruction manual to the tee and you may be able to build a wood stove hot tub on your own.
Q: How to keep hot tub water from freezing during a power outage?
A: Here are some simple tips and tricks to help you prevent your hot tub water from freezing over during a power outage in extreme winter conditions:
- Put an insulated cover on to prevent heat loss
- Don’t take off the cover until power is restored.
- Warm-up some stones and put them under the cabinet spaces.
- Do not drain your tub.
- Keep adding hot water in the tub if the outage is prolonged.
Buying a hot tub is an investment. It is nothing less than a commitment. It requires thorough research and an informed decision to buy a hot tub that best fits the needs and budgets of a family or individual.
Essential or Intex hot tubs featured in this list are affordable, portable, easy to install and easy to maintain.
One last tip: If you are planning to buy hot tubs for the first time, inflatable hot tubs should be your first choice rather than opting for more expensive and exotic tubs. But if you are a hot tub lover then opt for the more premium models for an altogether luxurious spa experience.