nfrared grills are one of the popular options nowadays for outdoor cooking. With their incredible ability to radiate the high heat and better searing abilities, these grills have become sought-after choices for the foodies to cook.
With the wide range of grills available as under $300, under $500 and under $1000, it is very difficult to access what is the best-infrared grill to buy?
Quick Reviews of 10 Best-Infrared Grills
These reviews will certainly help the users to pick up a relevant infrared grill available on the market, which suffices all the requirements including the budget considerations.
Char-Broil Performance TRU-Infrared 450 3-Burner
It is a highly portable burner which comes with castor wheels. The porcelain coated grill grated ensures easy maintenance and keep them rust resistant. While the main burner produces 24000 BTU, the side burner provides 10000 BTU each.
Electronic ignition is available for each burner.
- Does not leave any cold spots
- Heats up and cook the food fast
- Ensures even heat
- Assembly instructions are not clear
- Grill grates are very difficult to clean
Char Broil TRU Infrared Patio Bistro Electric Grill, Graphite
This is a flexible grill which allows the users to cook under any weather condition as it does not require the use of charcoal or propane. With 320 square inches of grilling area, it quickly reaches to the 550°F to seat the meat with perfection.
Available in a variety of colors, it stands on four legs and appears sturdy. The efficient TRU-infrared technology ensures the even heat across the grilling space to let the food cook evenly. This is a beginner-friendly grill, which allows tailgating as well.
- Easy to clean and maintain
- The advances TRU-infrared technology is used
- Compact design allows to fit it in congested places conveniently
- Absolutely justify its pricing
- Difficult to assemble as compared to other electronic grills
- The power cord provided is short
Char-Broil TRU-Infrared Patio Bistro Gas Grill, Black
A small gas grill with the full height that can make outdoor cooking fun for you! With one burner of 13000 BTU capacity, it comes with a surface area of 240 square inches, which make it ideal for small gatherings.
Pieze-electric ignition is provided to avoid the use of matchbox. The porcelain-coated cooking grates are easy to maintain and are corrosion resistant. Two wheels are provided for the quick and easy movements of this gas grills.
- A portable grill which can be easily moved from one place to another
- Appropriate to fit in small spaces
- The advanced infrared gas grill design
- Takes higher preheat time
- Lightweight construction poses durability issues
Char-Broil TRU-Infrared Patio Bistro Electric Grill, Red
Perfect for the compact areas like balconies, apartments, and condos, this electric infrared grill does not bear any hot or cold spots. 1750 watt electric burner is provided to cook your meals perfectly.
As the griller works on 65% of infrared heat, it ensures uniform heating across the cooking area. By limiting the hot air flow, it uses convective heat technology to cook which keeps the food moist, tender and juicy.
- The large cooking area to cook 8 to 12 hamburgers simultaneously
- Sturdy design to amplify your outdoor décor
- Less flare-ups and even heat to ensure perfect cooking
- Porcelain-enameled cooking grates which are easy to clean
- The temperature of the grill is actually restricted to 360 degrees
- Few customers complaint about the missing parts
Char-Broil Grill2Go X200 Portable TRU-Infrared Liquid Propane Gas Grill
A simple, durable and lightweight grill, which is suitable for the small gatherings! With fewer flare-ups, it promises juicer food and runs on infrared technology. It is ideal for picnic and tailgating due to its compact size.
It is provided with the cast aluminum firebox, temperature gauge, and dual stainless steel latches. It is built to travel easy and comes with high-impact frames with carrying handles and legs.
- Start with one push button
- The solid construction of grill adding to its durability
- Large cooking area allowing easy barbequing
- Highly portable with its compact size
- Fast and consistent heat with single burner
- Too hot even at its lower temperature settings
- Difficult to clean
Blaze LTE 32-Inch 4-Burner Built-In Natural or Propane Gas Grill
This grill comes with an ideal cooking surface with triangle-shaped cooking grates and provides attractive sear marks. You can easily cook multiple delicacies using its heat separators, which ensure different temperatures at different zones suiting to the varied food requirements.
The longevity and durability are ensured with its cast stainless steel burners.
- Lifetime warranty
- Heat zone separators for different temperature zones
- Stainless steel burner and housing for extended durability
- Interior light available to navigate during a night
- Push and turn easy flame-thrower ignition
- Higher on pricing
Napoleon Grills LEX485RSIBNSS-1 with Infrared Side & Rear Burners Natural Gas Grill
The premium quality of stainless steel is used for the construction of this attractive grill which helps it to withstand adverse climatic conditions. With enough storage space, it can accommodate all your grilling accessories conveniently.
It requires minimal time to prepare succulent meals which are juicy and tender. Ideal for a large gathering, you can cook up to 24 hamburgers simultaneously.
- High on durability
- It offers exceptional heat retention to cook the food perfectly
- The stylish design of this grill makes it lucrative
- Highly portable
- Easy to use
- Even heat with almost no hot or cold spots
- The cast iron grill on side burner makes it difficult to maintain
Napoleon LEX 605 Built-In Grill with Infrared Rotisserie (BILEX605RBINSS)
To prepare delectable like steakhouses, this natural gas grill is a must. With its JetFire Ignition, the ignition system of this grill is extremely easy and reliable. Stainless sear plates are provided with heavy gauge stainless steel burner to ensure extended durability.
The high heat produced by the ceramic burner quickly cooks up the food.
- Easy to control cooking temperatures
- Heats up fast
- Spacious surface area to cook an array of dishes
- Great buy for the money
- Rusting issue with the burners
- Customer service is not good
NORTHFIRE Inferno Single Propane Infrared Grill
This German crafted grill is a nice addition to your outdoor t address your barbeque needs. It comes with a push ignition and ensures quick cooking. The infrared head goes up to 1500 degrees to speed up the cooking process.
Easy to clean, simply remove the grill rack and put the parts in the dishwasher. In just a few seconds, this efficient gill can add a perfect sear to you steak, shrimp, burger and many more.
This grill is absolutely durable and comes with a handle, making it very easy to transport. With its four racks, you can place many items together easily.
- Quick cooking without any mess around
- Very easy to clean and maintain
- Push start ignitor available
- Heat up in no time
- Propane-fueled efficient grill
- Does not have a natural gas option
- Not appropriate for indoor use
Kushi Infrared Smokeless Indoor Grill for BBQ, Kebab and Yakitori
To experience clean cooking, this grill is a perfect deal to explore. With the heating capacity up to 1500 Fahrenheit, this grill quickly cooks up your food. You can cook different types of food efficiently. Remove the grill rack and you can clean it easily and quickly.
All the arts available in this grill are dishwasher-safe and removable. Four racks available in this allow cooking different foods simultaneously.
- Consistent temperature to ensure efficient cooking
- Comply with ETL standards
- With infrared even head technology, it cooks the food perfectly
- Smokeless and clean grill
- Difficult to clean
By utilizing the advanced technology, the infrared grill uniformly heats up your food and does not leave any hot or cold spots.
Things to Consider Before Buying Infrared Grills
Before buying the best-infrared grill, following are some of the factors which need to be considered:
Most of the infrared grills are compatible with natural gas as well as propane. However, separate accessories need to be bought in order to switch from one type of fuel to another. For compact models, propane works the best.
Heat Flux/ BTU level
The heat producing ability of the grill is measured in terms of BTU. While comparing two infrared grills, it is important to compare the BTU and refer the one with higher value if both the grills are identical in size.
The amount of BTU is directly proportional to the heat producing ability of the grill and lesser it will take the time to heat up.
As there are several infrared models available in the market of varied size, it is important to consider the cooking surface and determine according to the number of people expected to serve frequently.
Here are certain quality models available, which offer secondary cooking surface to entertain large crowds occasionally.
A quick-to-light ignition is an important aspect which avoids consideration time spends on the ignition. The latest infrared grills are provided with electronic ignition to avoid the use of matchbox or lighter.
Configuration and Number of Burners
As most of the infrared grills come with more than one burner, large cooking area ensures to cook meat in larger quantities. In fact, there are many models which come with a warming rack to keep your cooked food warm.
The Dimension of the grill
Before finalizing any grill, it is important to decide the place where it is expected to be kept and used. After considering the dimension of such space, a grill which could fit such dimensions must be chosen.
It is important that there should be some free space around the grill to avoid any hassle while cooking.
To add the searing taste to your food by burning the dripping fat, the role of a flavored bar is indispensable. Hence, choose a grill which contains a flavored bar of good quality.
Shelving and Storage Space
Many infrared grills come with ample storage and shelving option to facilitate outdoor cooking. You can use this area to stash the tools, sauces, wood chips or any other thing you desire to ensure a hassle-free cooking experience.
If you are expected to move your grill frequently, it is important that it must be highly portable. A compact grill is surely more portable and hence the size of the grill is largely decided on the frequency of grill movement from one place to another and the number of people who are expected to serve using the grill.
Durability and quality of materials used
Investing in a durable grill with good quality material is judicial if you are planning to use it on a frequent basis. Especially, if you will keep the grill outdoor, it is important that it should be build by using quality materials to endure the adverse weather conditions.
The grill with higher manufacturer warranty should be preferred as it avoids the cost of repair and maintenance and justifies slightly higher pricing of such grill. Commonly, you can fetch a warranty period ranging from 1 to 3 years.
Additional futures such as warming racks, integrated thermometers to check the temperatures and side burners to cook the sauces or vegetables should also be considered while finalizing the best-infrared grill
Value and Price
It is important to consider the options which are in your budget to make the approach more realistic. Hence, it is important to decide your budget first and then compare the various options available in such budget.
How to Use Infrared Grill?
Referred to as a pinnacle of cooking technology, infrared grill speeds up the cooking process by ensuring the high temperatures. Hence, it is important to keep a close eye on your food to avoid any kind of food-burning.
Without losing the hood, the directional heat of infrared grill cooks the food at searing temperatures.
Here are the steps which need to be followed in order to use an infrared grill:
- Use long lighter or ignition to ignite the grill
- Turn on the gas valve and start ignition spark
- Wait for three minutes to reach the grill to the searing temperatures
- Place your hands 8 inches above the grill to check the temperature
- Upon feeling a considerable heat, put your food on the cooking surface.
- Avoid closing the hood and keep turning around the food to avoid overcooking or burning
How to Clean Thru Infrared Grill Grates?
You can use the mixture of baking soda and vinegar in the ratio of 1:2 to clean the burnt food absolutely from the grill grates. Follow the steps as below:
- Remove the grates from the grill
- Take a garbage bag and add the aforesaid mixture of baking soda and vinegar
- Immerse the grill grates and close the garbage bag using a rubber band
- Leave it for a few minutes
- Remove the grill grate by opening the garbage bag
- Rinse them off using the clean water
Is Infrared Grill Better Than Gas Grill?
Under infrared grill, the food is heated using the radiation while gas grill used the method of convection. Over conventional gas grills, an infrared grill is more efficient and takes much less time to heat up.
An infrared grill is also able to retain the moisture content of food and produces smoke-induced barbeque food which is tastier compared to the gas grill.
The juices of the food in the infrared grill fall over the concavely shaped burners and seared up to add moisture and smoky flavor to the food. In a gas grill, such juices fall over the fire leading to flare up and huge fire eruptions.
What is Tru Infrared Grill?
A grill which ensures cooking using infrared technology and assures the even distribution of heat without leaving any hot or cold spots is referred to as the Tru-infrared gas. It keeps the food juicier and avoids any type of flare up.
What is an Infrared Gas Grill?
Referred to as the newest trend in outdoor cooking, this type of grill uses infrared technology as a source of heat to cook the food. Compared to the normal grill, an infrared grill is capable of producing higher levels of heat and heats up quickly.
With even heat distribution, there are barely any cold or hot spots and it ensures a tasteful food with searing.
The excellent features of an infrared grill keep your food moist and tasty with its tender-cooking. This is the reason that the industry of infrared grill is booming as it ensures the best cooking conditions for your food using the infrared wavelengths emitted by its burner.
An ideal infrared burner should have the highest BTU, good durability, extended features (for frequent users), must justify its cost and should fall in the price-band of the user.
Table of Contents
- 1 Quick Reviews of 10 Best-Infrared Grills
- 1.1 Char-Broil Performance TRU-Infrared 450 3-Burner
- 1.2 Char Broil TRU Infrared Patio Bistro Electric Grill, Graphite
- 1.3 Char-Broil TRU-Infrared Patio Bistro Gas Grill, Black
- 1.4 Char-Broil TRU-Infrared Patio Bistro Electric Grill, Red
- 1.5 Char-Broil Grill2Go X200 Portable TRU-Infrared Liquid Propane Gas Grill
- 1.6 Blaze LTE 32-Inch 4-Burner Built-In Natural or Propane Gas Grill
- 1.7 Napoleon Grills LEX485RSIBNSS-1 with Infrared Side & Rear Burners Natural Gas Grill
- 1.8 Napoleon LEX 605 Built-In Grill with Infrared Rotisserie (BILEX605RBINSS)
- 1.9 NORTHFIRE Inferno Single Propane Infrared Grill
- 1.10 Kushi Infrared Smokeless Indoor Grill for BBQ, Kebab and Yakitori
- 2 Things to Consider Before Buying Infrared Grills
- 2.1 Fuel Source
- 2.2 Heat Flux/ BTU level
- 2.3 Capacity
- 2.4 Ignition System
- 2.5 Configuration and Number of Burners
- 2.6 The Dimension of the grill
- 2.7 Flavored Bars
- 2.8 Shelving and Storage Space
- 2.9 Portability
- 2.10 Durability and quality of materials used
- 2.11 Warranty
- 2.12 Modern Features
- 2.13 Value and Price
- 3 FAQ
- 4 Conclusion