UPDATED: Dec 06, 2019.
Deciding on what is the best infrared sauna on the market can be challenging as you can often be spoilt for choice. Selecting the right sauna for your needs is all about having the right information, and we are here to do just that.
This article looks at the best infrared saunas for home use, for Lyme disease, for detox, for weight loss and more; each with their own unique benefits.
At a Glance: The 10 Best Infrared Sauna Discussed in Our Roundup:
- JNH Lifestyles 2 Person Far Infrared Sauna (Top Pick)
- JNH Lifestyles Joyous 3 Person Canadian Hemlock Wood (Top Rated)
- JNH Lifestyles 2 Person NO EMF Infrared Sauna (Editor Choice)
- Dynamic “Venice” 2-person Low EMF Far Infrared Sauna
- DYNAMIC SAUNAS 2-Person Corner Far Infrared Sauna
- JNH Lifestyles Joyous Corner Far Infrared Sauna
- Radiant Saunas 2-Person Hemlock Infrared Sauna
- Radiant Saunas BSA2400 FAR Infrared Hemlock Sauna Room
- Radiant Saunas BSA1320 Infrared Sauna Room for 4 People
- 1 Here Are The Best-Selling Infrared Sauna in 2019 ( UPDATED )
- 1.1 1. JNH Lifestyles 2 Person Far Infrared Sauna 7 Carbon Fiber Heaters
- 1.2 2. JNH Lifestyles Joyous 3 Person Canadian Hemlock Wood
- 1.3 3. JNH Lifestyles ENSI Collection 2 Person NO EMF Infrared Sauna
- 1.4 4. Dynamic “Venice” 2-person Low EMF Far Infrared Sauna
- 1.5 5. DYNAMIC SAUNAS AMZ-DYN-6225-02 Bilbao 2-Person Corner Far Infrared Sauna
- 1.6 6. JNH Lifestyles Joyous Corner Far Infrared Sauna
- 1.7 7. Radiant Saunas 2-Person Hemlock Infrared Sauna
- 1.8 8. Radiant Saunas BSA2400 FAR Infrared Hemlock Sauna Room
- 1.9 9. Radiant Saunas BSA1320 Infrared Sauna Room for 4 People
- 1.10 10. Empava Far Infrared Sauna 6 Carbon Fiber Heaters Canadian Hemlock Wood Dry Sauna Room
- 2 What is an Infrared Sauna? Why Do You Need One?
- 3 9 Health Benefits of Infrared Saunas
- 4 8 Things to Consider Before Purchasing an Infrared Sauna
- 5 Types of Saunas for Homes
- 6 Carbon Fiber Infrared Sauna vs. Ceramic Infrared Sauna
- 7 So, What is the Best Infrared Sauna on the Market?
Here Are The Best-Selling Infrared Sauna in 2019 ( UPDATED )
We now look at the very best-infrared saunas available on the market based on features, benefits, price, service, and warranty.
1. JNH Lifestyles 2 Person Far Infrared Sauna 7 Carbon Fiber Heaters
- Easy to set up
- Digital control panel adjusts temperature and time
- The sound system is compatible with most portable audio devices
- Door glass can tolerate high temperatures
- Temperature does not reach its maximum limit
- Colder air may enter from underneath the door
The JNH sauna comfortably fits in tight and limited spaces in your home. It comes with 7 Far-Infrared Carbon Fiber Heaters fitted in the back, sides and under the bench. The door is specifically designed with safety glass that can tolerate higher temperatures inside the cabin.
The interior is lined with LED lighting and cost-effective bulbs. The control panel can be digitally operated allowing you to adjust the temperature and the duration of your session.
2. JNH Lifestyles Joyous 3 Person Canadian Hemlock Wood
- Easily assembled and installed
- Made out of durable Canadian Hemlock hardwood
- Inbuilt premium sound system
- Helps with detoxification
- Carbon fiber heaters for optimum heat distribution
- Higher price tag than some comparable options
- Might take longer to heat
This infrared sauna by JNH is one of the more spacious indoor saunas on the market. It has 8 Carbon Fiber Heaters installed in places that maximize heating and has enough room for 3 adults to sit inside.
The Canadian Hemlock Wood is resistant to shrinking and cracking. The sauna operates through a digital control panel that allows you to control the temperature and timer settings. This easy to set-up sauna can easily be transported to other spots in your house.
3. JNH Lifestyles ENSI Collection 2 Person NO EMF Infrared Sauna
- Long-lasting hardwood
- The digitally controlled panel offers various settings
- Can fit in tight spaces
- Comes with a built-in sound system
- Price may considerably be higher than comparable options
- Bottom of the sauna stays colder
- Assembly may be challenging due to poor instructions
The 2-person sauna by JNH ENSI collection is most convenient for homes with limited space. Its infrared technology is tested to be EMF free. It comes equipped with 7 Carbon Fiber FAR Heaters and a structure designed to be durable and long-lasting.
The interior of this unit is fitted with a comfortable bench, LED lights and various other controls that allow you to enjoy your time inside the sauna.
4. Dynamic “Venice” 2-person Low EMF Far Infrared Sauna
- Quick and easy to assemble
- Cost-effective and energy efficient
- Equipped with MP3 AUX connections
- Does not take up a lot of space
- The sauna takes comparatively longer to heat up
The Dynamic Venice is one of their most popular smaller capacity saunas. While classified as a 2-person sauna, this unit is quite spacious. The mid to low range unit relies on low EMF FAR infrared heating panels for guaranteed efficient heating.
The Venice comes with a window at the top for ventilation, interchangeable LED lights and has internal and external control interfaces. It is also fitted with a set of speakers and an AUX port for you to plug and play.
5. DYNAMIC SAUNAS AMZ-DYN-6225-02 Bilbao 2-Person Corner Far Infrared Sauna
- Great for health and detoxification
- Corner fitting and compact in size
- Built-in sound system
- Lacks proper assembly instructions
- Smaller than other models in its category
A corner fitting unit with a big glass door and Canadian Hemlock wooden panel, the Dynamic sauna is one of the best at-home saunas that provides great relaxation while being therapeutic. The 7 heating panels provide enough warmth for a long detoxing session.
The unit is fitted with a built-in MP3 music system, and there is also an option of chromotherapy lights that add on to your experience.
6. JNH Lifestyles Joyous Corner Far Infrared Sauna
- Spacious design
- Can accommodate a small sized family
- Straightforward setup, easier with 2 people
- Helps in weight loss and detoxification
- Can only fit into corners
The JNH Joyous Corner sauna is equipped with infrared heating panels situated at the back, sides and calf areas to maximize heating. This unit is sturdy and heats up in no time which means you don’t have to wait too long to enjoy a therapeutic experience. The high-temperature FAR settings help with detox and Lyme disease treatment.
The unit also has an audio sound system to attach your music player to and cost-effective LED lights. All in all, this sauna is highly recommended for a small group of people looking for an at-home mini-retreat.
7. Radiant Saunas 2-Person Hemlock Infrared Sauna
- Ideal for a small apartment
- Can comfortably accommodate 2 people at once
- Can easily bear high temperatures
- Caters to various health concerns like asthma and allergies
- Some reviews suggest that the heaters may be faulty
- Heat may escape from the ventilation holes at the bottom
This highly efficient model from Radiant Saunas, perfect for 2 people, is fitted with an oxygen ionizer which helps purify the air of various impurities, while its chromotherapy induced LED lights allows for a peaceful and harmonious experience.
This easy to assemble sauna is made of solid Hemlock wood with a scratch resistant glass door. The control panel fitted in the unit can be easily accessed from both the inside and the outside including a connection for your music player.
8. Radiant Saunas BSA2400 FAR Infrared Hemlock Sauna Room
- Relatively easy to assemble and install (requires only 1 person)
- Unbeatable 7-year manufacturer warranty
- Integrated sound system
- CE, CETL, RoHS and ISO 9001 Certifications
- LED Control Panel
- Ceramic instead of carbon heaters
- The backrest is too close to the heater
- Is really big enough for one person and not two as advertised
If you are in the market for a small, 1-2-person sauna than the Radiant Saunas BSA 2400 might be the right fit for you. With its amazing warranty and well-made construction, this is a sauna that will last the test of time.
It is able to achieve all the things that a more expensive and luxurious sauna would offer at a much more affordable price.
9. Radiant Saunas BSA1320 Infrared Sauna Room for 4 People
- Made from red cedar wood which is the best quality thermal insulator
- Greatest warranty period available on the market (7-year warranty)
- Helps in removal of toxins and weight loss
- Luxurious and spacious with capacity up to 4 people
- An inbuilt sound system to help you relax along with a full-spectrum color lighting unit
- LED control panel
- CE, CETL, RoHS and ISO 9001 Certifications
- Has 10 carbon fiber heaters for even and more efficient heat distribution
- May require professionals to complete installation
- The power cord is situated in a difficult spot
The Radiant Sauna BSA 1320 is the ultimate luxury sauna for your home. It is spacious, roomy and comfortable and built from the highest quality materials available in sauna manufacturing. The carbon fiber heaters and red cedar wood are the most effective and expensive materials to use in the manufacturing of saunas.
A truly luxurious design built to last and with a warranty to back the claims. If you have the budget, this is perhaps the best-infrared sauna available on the market.
10. Empava Far Infrared Sauna 6 Carbon Fiber Heaters Canadian Hemlock Wood Dry Sauna Room
- Carbon fiber heaters keep the heat evenly distributed
- Product safety certified by ETL
- Highly cost-effective with a compact size
- Very helpful for weight reduction
- Unbeatable 10-year warranty
- Restricted movement if used by 2 people simultaneously
- Heat may escape from the ventilation holes at the bottom
Made from premium grade Canadian wood, this Infrared Sauna by Empava has been ranked no. 1 for single person infrared saunas. Its flashy features aside, the ETL has certified that this model helps with sleep, blood flow, rejuvenation of muscles, weight loss and several heart conditions.
What is an Infrared Sauna? Why Do You Need One?
All Saunas work to produce heat which in turn induces sweat. They are the ideal way to get rid of toxins building up in your body. Controlled sweating in a sauna followed by a cooling off process has proven to increase well-being while providing quite a large number of other health benefits.
An infrared sauna works on producing heat by using infrared heaters that generate infrared waves. These waves penetrate and heat up skin directly without heating up the air around them helping you sweat even in an otherwise temperate climate.
Infrared saunas are ideal for people who cannot tolerate the heat of regular saunas due to lower heat tolerance and or sensitive skin. Modern technology has allowed saunas to be more comfortable and relaxing while still being equally as effective as traditional saunas.
9 Health Benefits of Infrared Saunas
Mentioned several times already in this article are references to the health benefits associated with Infrared Saunas. What are these health benefits after all? Well, let’s take a look.
Sweating is the most natural form of detoxifying your body. Infrared saunas help increase core body temperature which induces sweating and results in detoxification at a cellular level. Infrared saunas are proven to be seven times more effective in the detoxification process than traditional saunas.
Improves Blood Circulation
Infrared waves heat up core body temperate which also helps improve blood circulation in the body. Better blood circulation leads to faster muscle recovery and a decrease in both pain and inflammation. This is why saunas are often used by athletes after a contest and is a great natural way of fighting health issues related to poor blood circulation.
Helps with Weight Loss
A 30-minute infrared sauna session can burn about 600 calories which is a lot considering that all you do is sweat. The science behind it is simple as the infrared heaters increase your core body temperature it also increases your heart rate. This means that your body has to actively work harder in trying to lower core body temperature and heart rate, which in turns burns calories, helping in weight loss.
Healthier Glowing Skin
The infrared waves emitted by the infrared sauna greatly increase your body’s ability to produce collagen and elastin. Collagen is responsible for keeping your skin supple and glowing while elastin helps keep it wrinkle free. Apart from this, the improved blood circulation coupled with increased heart rate helps in the delivery of more nutrients and minerals to your skin.
Treating Lyme Disease
Infrared Saunas are ideal for individuals suffering from Lyme disease and are the most recommended form of treatment for recovery. The Far setting on an infrared sauna allows from a much more effective detox of the body as it helps eliminate toxins at a cellular level. It also eases the pain on affected areas and helps with the relaxation of tense muscles for Lyme patients.
Improving Immune Function
Regular sauna sessions are medically proven to increase white blood cell count in the bloodstream. White blood cells help protect your body from common illnesses and help in faster recovery. This, in turn, helps in building up immunity keeping you healthier and fitter.
Saunas have always been a great way to relax while still keeping your body active and stressed. The relief and rejuvenation actually happen when you step out of the sauna and come in contact with natural air temperature. Stress levels are reset, and you feel an immediate sense of relaxed freshness.
Cognitive Function Improvement
Infrared saunas also help in the regeneration of new brain cells thanks to the heat stress the waves put on the brain. The heat stress increases the production of prolactin; a hormone that helps in myelin growth in the brain. Myelin helps with the speed at which neurons enter and exit the brain and thus more myelin growth effective increases the speed at which your brain operates.
Pain Relief & Muscle Soreness
Infrared saunas help in pain relief as it improves blood circulation but it also helps with pain associated with muscle and joint strain. Infrared waves heat up your body to a point where it starts producing proteins that repair and protect stress and strained areas of the body.
8 Things to Consider Before Purchasing an Infrared Sauna
Size & Capacity
When purchasing an infrared sauna the size and capacity play an important factor as most infrared saunas are built to fit only two to three people at a time.
Heater Material Used
The heater is the most important part of a sauna, and the material it is made from can be significant to the quality of heating that it would provide as well as the cost. A ceramic heater, for example, is more inexpensive than a carbon heater but provides an uneven distribution of heat.
The Build Material
Keeping a sauna insulated in order to retain as much heat as possible saves on both power and costs. Using material like cedar wood can help in retaining heat better which results in less power consumption and a more effective sauna session.
Size of the Heated Surface Area
Wider heating surface areas are much better conductors of heat than smaller heating surface areas. A well-measured sauna can heat up and cool down much faster with a well thought out heating surface area.
Beware of Potential Toxins
Saunas can get really hot at times and can melt things like the glue that release harmful toxins into the air. Making sure that a sauna is well-built using high-quality materials negates the problem of having to worry about such toxic threats.
These covers are the only thing protecting your skin from the actual heat source. Only use the best quality heat covers to ensure no accidents occur even during direct contact with the heat covers.
Ensuring that the manufacturer is well-reputable and has taken all measures to account for various safety hazards is essential in making a safe and reliable purchase. Companies that are ISO or CE Certified are a good indication that these manufacturers adhere to strict standards and regulations when building saunas.
Understanding all the warranty terms and conditions before purchase is possibly one of the most important things to consider that is often overlooked. When purchasing expensive luxury products such as saunas’ paying a little extra for an extended warranty or for better warranty terms is highly recommended.
Types of Saunas for Homes
There are several types of saunas that one can purchase for home use. Many people believe that all saunas are the same, but this is entirely false. Each type of sauna is different in terms of how it delivers heat and its resulting health benefits.
The wood-heated sauna is the most common type of sauna available in the market and consists of a wood stove and a chimney to help with the ventilation of smoke emitted by burning wood. This is the most traditional way to heat a sauna and is adorned by sauna purist around the world.
Smoke Saunas or “Savu Saunas”
The Savu Saunas is a popular Finnish sauna that uses smoke produced by burning wood to heat up the enclosed area. Unlike a wood-heated sauna, it doesn’t consist of a chimney but rather relies on the smoke to maintain a hot temperature.
Electric saunas are ideal for apartment owners as they are easy to use, install and don’t require copious amounts of space. However, they do have drawbacks in terms of the power that they use to heat up the rocks that in turn heat up the sauna. Also, this dry heat method isn’t the most popular sauna choice as it simply doesn’t have that traditional feel.
An infrared sauna delivers heat to your body much like the sun. It is a much more direct way of increasing core body temperature and has proven to be quite effective especially ones with near and far settings that can be used to treat many health-related problems.
As the name suggests, steam baths are designed to heat up water to a point where it starts steaming. This steam heats up the air around it which in turn increases your core body temperature. Steam baths are a great way to draw out toxins from the body.
Manufactured Sauna Rooms
Manufactured sauna rooms are fully completed and equipped sauna rooms that contain a heating system along with a seat and fully enclosed walls, ceiling, and flooring. They are usually small normally for a single person and can come in a variety of different materials.
Carbon Fiber Infrared Sauna vs. Ceramic Infrared Sauna
Perhaps, one of the most important things to consider when purchasing an Infrared Sauna is the type of heater system that it uses to produce infrared waves. In the past, ceramic heating systems fitted to infrared saunas were relatively inexpensive but didn’t emit an even distribution of heat.
The introduction to the carbon fiber heating system has drastically improved the performance of infrared saunas as they are able to emit a more even distribution of heat. Carbon fiber heating systems also provide greater heat coverage, have a lower surface temperature, penetrate deeper into the skin and are more energy efficient.
An infrared sauna with a carbon fiber heating system is comparatively much more expensive than a ceramic infrared sauna but having tested them both we have to say that the carbon fiber is well worth the extra money!
So, What is the Best Infrared Sauna on the Market?
Having dwelt deep into the subject of infrared saunas the answer to the question we started from is much clearer. The best-infrared sauna on the market depends on your needs and your budget. Any of the 10 best-infrared saunas reviewed in this article could be ideal additions to your home. It all comes down to knowing the size, the type of material, and the price that would best meet your needs.
By breaking down information in a concise and informative manner, one is able to make more informed decisions, especially when selecting products in such a competitive niche space. We hope that this guide and associated reviews help in the selection of the best-infrared sauna for your needs whether it be for home use, for Lyme disease, for detox and or for weight loss.
With so many associate health and wellness benefits to infrared saunas, it has become a must-have for relaxation, comfort, and wellbeing.