Masterbuilt Electric Smokers represent one of the longest standing brands in electric smokers. They started in 1973 and they haven’t seized to surprise their fans. Electric smokers come with their own set of benefits such you don’t need much experience to use the smoker or stick around to set the right flame. The only problem is with more choices comes more confusion.
Table of Contents
- 1 Top 10 Best Electric Smoker Reviews for 2019
- 1.1 Masterbuilt 20070411 30-Inch Top Controller Electric Smoker
- 1.2 Smoke Hollow 26142E 26-Inch Electric Smoker
- 1.3 Masterbuilt Outdoor Electric Wood Chip Pellet
- 1.4 Masterbuilt Outdoor Barbecue 30″ Digital Electric Smoker
- 1.5 Dyna-Glo DGU732BDE-D 30″ Digital Electric Smoker
- 1.6 Char-Broil Deluxe Digital Electric Smoker
- 1.7 Smoke Hollow 30162EW 30-Inch Electric Smoker
- 1.8 Bradley Smoker BTDS76P 990216 Bradley Digital Smoker
- 1.9 Masterbuilt Outdoor Barbecue 30″ Digital Electric Smoker
- 1.10 Southern Country Smokers 2 in 1 Electric Water Smoker
- 2 Why To Use An Electric Smoker?
- 3 How To Select An Electric Smoker?
- 4 Tips For Cleaning And Maintaining Your Electric Smoker
- 5 Summing Up
Top 10 Best Electric Smoker Reviews for 2019
Lucky for you, here is a list of the best electric smokers narrowed down. Read the reviews and pick the right one as per your needs:
Masterbuilt 20070411 30-Inch Top Controller Electric Smoker
Masterbuilt 30” digital electric smoker is just perfect for beginner and advanced users. It offers 730 square inches cooking space and 4 chrome-coated smoking racks. You can smoke up to 100 pounds of food at a time.
After assembly, just plug it in and it’s ready to use. It operates with wood chips that pair well with most types of meats. Your food will have a slow smoked flavor which is a treat for all.
It has RF remote controls and you can monitor the temperature constantly. The thermostat temperature control lets you cook from 100 to 275 degrees F. For further control, a built-in meat temperature probe is provided.
The unit comes with features such as a viewing window and internal light, side loading wood chips, top air damper, and removable drip pan.
- It’s extremely easy to assemble
- The built-in meat thermometer works very accurately
- It’s easy to operate and cooks delicious food
- Watch out for missing parts in the delivery
Smoke Hollow 26142E 26-Inch Electric Smoker
Smoke Hollow 26142E is another great choice in electric smokers. It offers you 26 inches cooking surface along with maintaining the smoking temperature you desire. To give the real smoke flavor, simply use your favorite wood chips.
The chrome plated cooking grids are adjustable. You can set the grids to various cooking heights depending on what food you are cooking. The wood chips together with the commercial quality heat indicator let you achieve the best smoke cooking results.
Welded steel cabinets come with side handles so you won’t have to worry about getting burnt. Other features include adjustable draft controls and spring wire handle with a sure-lock latch system. The temperature control is not just adjustable but removable.
- It’s easy to use and clean
- Regulating the temperature is easy
- It has a very functional design
- Be cautious while using as it heats up very fast
Masterbuilt Outdoor Electric Wood Chip Pellet
This slow smoker is best for smoking bacon, fish, cheese, and jerky. If you want to smoke food for a long time at a lower temperature, this model is an ideal choice.
It is capable of smoking for 6 hours straight. It is also compatible with other Masterbuilt Digital Electric Smokers which you will have to buy separately.
The unit starts with just a push of the bottom. You can use it for both cold and hot smoking. Once you have fed the wood, it will work for a continuous 6 hours without the need for a reload.
It has a removable ashtray that makes cleanup a breeze.
- It is an ideal choice for slow smoking
- It assembles quick
- It great with producing smoke
- The paint of the unit might start peeling off soon
Masterbuilt Outdoor Barbecue 30″ Digital Electric Smoker
This digital electric smoker offers 730 inches of cooking space. It is easy to operate. The digital panel controls let you turn it on and off. It’s also easy to set the temperature and time of cooking.
The unit has 4 chrome-coated racks but don’t worry, you will still have enough space to cook up to 800 pounds of food. The patented side wood chip loading system lets you add chips without opening the smoker door.
This unit is recommended for advanced and beginners alike. Its plug-in system makes cooking easier for everyone.
- It generates the best smoke
- It heats quickly and maintains a consistent temperature
- It’s well built and easy to clean
- Watch out for broken parts due to shipping mishandling
Dyna-Glo DGU732BDE-D 30″ Digital Electric Smoker
This classic digital push button smoker is ideal for barbeque. It has 4 chrome plated steel cooking grates and you will get 732 sq. inches of cooking space. It works well in colder climates, too.
It has a digitally controlled integrated meat thermometer which allows you to keep an eye on the internal temperature of the food without opening the door.
There is a side access wood chip load that lets you add chips as and when needed. It is insulated. It has double wall firebox and a high temperature door seal that retains the heat and smoke throughout the cooking.
Cleaning is pretty easy, thanks to the removable tray. All grease and liquids can be easily disposed of. This unit will offer you a dynamic outdoor cooking experience.
- It has a large cooking capacity
- The temperature controls are very efficient
- Cleaning is fast and easy
- Some users have complained it doesn’t make enough smoke
Char-Broil Deluxe Digital Electric Smoker
If you are a cooking enthusiast or you like outdoor smoking and grilling, this electric smoker is for you. You will get 725 sq. inches internal cooking space with 4 adjustable smoking racks. It has a perfect size and capacity to cook for a large group of people
It’s capable of producing 4 to 7 hours of continuous smoke without the need to refill. Your food will have that smoked flavor you desire.
The unit has a double wall construction and it is insulated. It further has a glass door and stainless steel finish. A locking latch for a smoke tight seal is provided, too.
Its temperature control is just perfect. An advanced control panel with blue LED display is provided. It also comes with a removable food thermometer to offer you complete control on the temperature.
- The LED display lets you monitor the temperature.
- It locks in the heat and smoke pretty well
- The meat probe lets you check if the meat is ready or not and cut all the guesswork
- It has some temperature swings
Smoke Hollow 30162EW 30-Inch Electric Smoker
This unit is great for smoker style cooking. It has a door with a window design and a latch so that you always know the situation of the meat.
The double wall construction makes it sturdy and doesn’t let the heat inside escape. The unit operates much similar to an electric oven. You just have to add wood chips for a smoke BBQ flavor.
You are provided with 3 cooking grids on the inside. So, you will have enough room to cook more food in a single go.
- It’s easy to assemble and use
- The glass door design lets you view your food without opening the unit
- The door seal is great in keeping the heat locked inside
- It’s a bit hard to clean
Bradley Smoker BTDS76P 990216 Bradley Digital Smoker
This 4-rack digital smoker comes with all the features of Bradley original electric smoker plus digital technology. The time, temperature, and smoke are in complete control of the user.
It’s constructed with stainless steel exterior and powder epoxy steel interior. There are 4 adjustable racks inside to cook pork, fish, chicken, and meat.
You will get 8 hours of consistent cool smoke. The temperature is controllable up to 320 degrees F. The unit is easy to assemble and use. It is also very easy to clean. It’s perfect for making gourmet food at home.
- The unit is highly well-constructed
- It produces great smoke for cooking ribs, pulled pork, chicken, turkey, and more
- Setting and monitoring temperature is simple
- The unit does not heat up well if the weather is windy
Masterbuilt Outdoor Barbecue 30″ Digital Electric Smoker
Masterbuilt outdoor barbecue electric smoker is perfect for slow-smoked, tender brisket. Its digital panel controls allow you to set the desired temperature and time easily. You can cook up to 80 pounds of food all thanks to the 4 chrome coated smoker racks.
There is a side wood chip loading system that lets you add chips without opening the smoker door. For even and consistent smoke, an integrated thermostat temperature control is provided.
The fully insulated smoker body makes it a durable unit. You can expect it to stick around for years even if you use it often.
The rear-access grease tray catches food drippings. The wood chip tray is removable, too. That means cleaning will be fast and simple.
- Digital controls make temperature setting easy
- It makes the best smoke
- It’s easy to clean and maintain
- The temperature keeps jumping around
- The control panel stops working in the middle of the operation
Southern Country Smokers 2 in 1 Electric Water Smoker
Yes, it’s an electric and water smoker with 351 sq. inches cooking space and 2 chrome plated cooking grids. It has a chimney-like design, loose fitting and steel legs. There is a 5.5-quart water pan provided for slow cooking.
The body of the unit has sliding access doors, heat resistant wood sides and handles. The base and body interlock so you can carry it around even after it’s assembled.
The flavor channels are responsible for adding smoke flavoring. You can convert it into an electric grill by interlocking its hood and base.
- It’s portable
- Converts into an electric grill
- It makes good food
- The thin metal construction isn’t able to retain heat well
- It’s not that great in producing smoke
Why To Use An Electric Smoker?
Some people like to use conventional smoking techniques and hence they prefer pellet or charcoal grills. These units may be great in producing flavor but they require high maintenance. You also have to constantly monitor the temperature to cook the food right.
Electric smokers, on the other hand, are easy to use and they are capable of serving the same delicious food. You can even get the smoke flavor you desire. They are way simpler to use. You just have to put the meat, add the wood chips and set the time and temperature. It’s easy to operate them and clean them at the same time.
How To Select An Electric Smoker?
Now that you know the list of popular electric smokers out there, here is more information on how to pick the right one. These are some features that will aid you in the decision-making process:
- Cooking And Rack Space
This depends on how much food you have to cook. Ideally, you must pick a smoker with moderate cooking space and at least 4 cooking racks. This will allow you to grill or smoke more food at a time.
- Temperature Control
Electric smokers mostly use a thermostat that let you keep track of the smoke temperature. When it comes to cooking, temperature and timing go hand in hand. Pick a smoker that has a built-in thermostat for easy temperature control.
- Wood Chip Loading
The unit must have a loading system to load wood chips without having to open the door. This makes loading hassle-free and you don’t have to worry about messing up the heat. The smoky flavor will hence be retained.
Tips For Cleaning And Maintaining Your Electric Smoker
It’s essential to know how to clean the unit to make it last for a long time. These are some tips, to begin with:
- Before cleaning, make sure the smoker has cooled down.
- Start by cleaning the inside of the smoker. Your first target must be the smoking chamber.
- Use a solution of apple cider vinegar and hot water to clean the inside of the chamber. Scrub if you must to remove the grease.
- Your next target must be the racks. Soak them in soap mixed water. Scrub as necessary to get rid of the grease and other liquids.
- After the racks come the smoker window. It’s the easiest part to clean. Use the same apple cider vinegar and water mixture to clean the glass windows.
No doubt an electric smoker is your best bet if you don’t want to deal with messy charcoal grills. When choosing one, look into its features. To make a quick decision, choose from the list of smokers mentioned above. Go for the one that is functional and a perfect fit for your needs.