So you’re looking for a cleaner for your fiberglass pool? After doing tons of research, you have discovered there is a plentitude of choices. You have much more important things to do than spend endless hours researching products.
At a Glance: Our Top Picks for Best Pool Cleaners for Fiberglass Pools:
- VINGLI Automatic Pool Cleaner Suction-Side (Top Pick)
- Zodiac MX8 Suction-Side Cleaner (Top Rated)
- Pentair GW9500 Kreepy Krauly (Editor Choice)
- Dolphin Premier Robotic Pool Cleaner
- Polaris Vac-Sweep 280
- 1 The 9 Best Pool Cleaners for Fiberglass Pools Review
- 1.1 1. VINGLI Automatic Pool Cleaner in-Ground Suction-Side Vacuum-Generic Climb Wall Pool Sweeper
- 1.2 2. Zodiac MX8 Suction-Side Cleaner
- 1.3 3. Pentair GW9500 Kreepy Krauly
- 1.4 4. Dolphin Premier Robotic Pool Cleaner
- 1.5 5. Polaris Vac-Sweep 280
- 1.6 6. Hayward Poolvergnuegen 896584000-518
- 1.7 7. Dolphin Escape Robotic Above Ground Pool Cleaner
- 1.8 8. Hayward RC9955CUB TigerShark Robotic Pool Vacuum
- 1.9 9. DOLPHIN Advantage Automatic Robotic Swimming Pool Cleaner
- 2 Values
- 3 Conclusion
The 9 Best Pool Cleaners for Fiberglass Pools Review
For this reason, the following review of the 9 best pool cleaners for fiberglass pools has been compiled. This is all the information required to make an educated decision which is the best pool cleaner for fiberglass pools.
1. VINGLI Automatic Pool Cleaner in-Ground Suction-Side Vacuum-Generic Climb Wall Pool Sweeper
VINGLI makes this remarkable in-ground suction-side pool cleaner to clean with high efficiency. This cleaner can easily take away the dirt, hair, sand and other debris that collects in your pool. This pool cleaner gives you the luxury of a sparkling pool without the backbreaking work of scrubbing it.
- Extremely quiet and easy to set-up
- Budget friendly and efficient pool cleaner
- Worry and hassle free guarantee
- Vacuum only fits ¾ HP – 3 HP hoses
- Product does not last long
2. Zodiac MX8 Suction-Side Cleaner
The Zodiac MX8 Suction-Side Cleaner brings the technology of Cyclonic Vacuuming which gives the most in debris clean-up. You can connect the skimmer to it or the 1.5 inch vacuum line.
There is an advanced dual navigating for pool coverage that is excellent without any hang-ups. It can completely clean your pool walls, floors and waterline no matter what the size or shape of your pool.
- Technology that is X-Drive with dual navigation
- Tires are X-Trax for improved maneuverability and performance
- Power source is super efficient
- Getting correct suction can be tricky
- Cannot handle a lot of leaves
3. Pentair GW9500 Kreepy Krauly
Pentair makes this automatic pool cleaner with a SmartTrac program. This enables for easier maneuvering around obstacles in the pool for uninterrupted cleaning. To ensure cleaning is effective, this Kreepy Krauly cleaner is also adjustable.
- Spring loaded vacuum port fitting for safety
- Cleans vinyl, gunite, and fiberglass in a 15-inch path
- Turning mechanisms are unique to prevent easy escape
- Repair service isn’t the best
- Doesn’t offer adequate coverage
4. Dolphin Premier Robotic Pool Cleaner
This robotic Dolphin pool cleaner has dual powerful brushes that scrub your pool. There are several filter options as well. This pool cleaner is ideal for pools that are up to 50 feet in diameter. Using advanced algorithms for a smart and efficient clean, this product delivers a pool coverage cleaning that is complete.
- Cleans pool in about 3 hours
- Scrubbing brushes are powerful and attack dirt
- Indicator to let you know when the filter is full
- Warranty/website not good
- Customer service could be better
5. Polaris Vac-Sweep 280
Polaris makes innovative pool equipment and makes loads of high-quality vacuums and cleaners. Well, the Vac Sweep 280 model is one of the best models on the market and is excellent for cleaning a fiberglass pool.
This model is compatible with all types of in-ground pools. You can connect the pool cleaner through the 1.5″ pressure cleaner line. As with several high-quality models, this unit boasts of a long hose. The hose is up to 31 feet in length which is certainly adequate to care for your in-ground pool.
The wheels at the base are large and allow moving over surfaces with relative ease.
- Efficient operation
- Excellent wheels for better movement
- Sleek overall design
- Tricky to set up
6. Hayward Poolvergnuegen 896584000-518
This pool cleaner made by Poolvergnuegen is an automatic 2-wheel suction cleaner specifically for pools made of concrete. The PoolCleaner is a limited edition cleaner on 2-wheels offering unlimited suction power.
The turbine vines which are self-adjusting offer the maximum of water flowing power. The turbine works in much the same way as a paddle wheel with adjustable blades does. This allows the cleaner to move along with low suction and pressure.
- Folding vanes permits passage of larger debris
- Steering systems allows to turn left/reverse
- Tread wear markers show when tires need replacing
- Replacement parts are expensive
- Some parts not quality
7. Dolphin Escape Robotic Above Ground Pool Cleaner
The Dolphin Escape Robotic Above Ground pool cleaner is a sleek design and ideal cleaner for above-ground pools. The large debris bags can hold up to 60% more debris than other bags. The tracks have an improved grip using Hypergrip continuous tracking.
- Robot scanning provided by SmartNav 2.0
- Sleek design provides a cleaner pool
- Hyperbrush scrubbing removes contaminants
- Does not offer any ultra filter
- Pushes the water, doesn’t move it
8. Hayward RC9955CUB TigerShark Robotic Pool Vacuum
The TigerShark is an ‘intelligent’ pool vacuum cleaner that uses microprocessor-based technology to care for your pool. The cleaner boasts of a powerful 24V motor that collects large and small debris from the pool. It is very easy to use as a button powers the unit on. Unlike other vacuum cleaners, you don’t have to go through the stress of hooking up to a hose or pump.
There is also an excellent filter system that helps to keep your pool and the appliance in top shape. An interesting feature is the pair of cleaning speeds that reduce the cleaning time of the pool. With this feature, you can get your pool ready for use in just a few minutes.
- Powerful motor
- Removes debris of various sizes
- Easy to use
- Quite heavy
9. DOLPHIN Advantage Automatic Robotic Swimming Pool Cleaner
This DOLPHIN robotic pool cleaner has a top load large capacity filter basket that is ideal for pools up to 33 feet. This pool cleaner made by DOLPHIN is easy to use and have a clean pool in about 2 hours time.
- Design is sustainable as well as energy efficient
- Does all the scrubbing for you to you can relax
- Touch of a button cleans your pool effortlessly
- Doesn’t clean or climb walls well
- Doesn’t clean evenly; goes over same area
All of the nine pool cleaners in this review have excellent values and features. They are sleek, and can get into tight areas of your pool in order to assure its cleanliness.
Automatic Suction Cleaner
A suction cleaning device connects automatically to your skimmer and acts as a main drain that is movable. As the cleaner roams around the pool cleaning it is agitating itself. Debris is picked up and placed into the pools filter system.
This type of cleaning device does not need an additional booster pump. It is not very expensive to install and requires no additional electricity to operate. The only bad thing, is that if you have a lot of large debris, then this type of cleaner is not for you.
Pressure Side Cleaners
Fiberglass pool cleaners have pumps that are driven by the water returning to the pool. You can use the pool pump as the driver, but it’s better to use the booster pump. This type of cleaner is meant to force the debris up by use of the pump. The result; less cleaning and back-washing.
This pressure side cleaner won’t suck any debris up into the filter or basket. This type of cleaner is excellent if you live in an area with a lot of trees or other debris.
Robotic Pool Cleaners
This type of pool cleaner typically operates off electric, internal motors. This type of pool cleaner typically operates off a unit that plugs into a wall socket. The transformer converts electricity into either 6 or 12 volts of power. However, you need to be careful to prevent the electrical cord from draping down into the pool water.
There is a self-contained unit that allows for the debris to be captured into. With a robotic pool cleaner, the memory of the unit is able to memorize the shape and size of the pool. It can automatically calculate how long it will take to clean. Some of the more expensive devices have a remote control which allows you to clean from afar. The use of robotic pool cleaners works excellent for picking up small debris, sand, and silt.
Cleaner Has Scrubbing Brushes
A robotic pool cleaner has scrubbing brushes that clean the walls of your pool as it travels up and down. These brushes can even scrub the tile liner. The use of one of these cleaners for just two hours each day will provide a sparkling clean pool. Using the robotic cleaner will also cut down on the time you need to run your pool pump and filter.
Fire the Human Cleaner
With one of these robotic pool cleaners, you can fire your trusty human cleaner. As much as you love the human interaction, you are going to save money in the long run. The cost may seem a bit pricey at first; however, when you calculate in the extra costs you will agree.
Your trusty robotic pool cleaner is available whenever you need a quick pool cleaning. There is no extra cost for traveling to your home–it is already there.
Robot vs Manual
A manual cleaner is considerably cheaper, but requires more physical work. These cleaners are great for above-ground and smaller pools inground. The robot model is excellent for larger pools or you have little time to clean. A robot pool cleaner is the best way to ensure an efficient, sparkling clean pool in a short time.
Types of Cleaners
The two kinds of pool cleaners are pressure or suction-side. The pressure ones use the pressure of water to move along the bottom and sides of your pool. They do this in an effort to gather all the debris and dirt in the pool. This type is excellent for picking up twigs, large debris, and leaves.
If you want a cleaner that picks up small debris, sand and dirt, then the suction type is for you. These cleaners suction themselves to the side of the pool and are connected to the pool’s filtration system.
Pool ownership can be an expensive endeavor; the cost of chemicals alone is very pricey. Add to that the cost of a human pool cleaner–their overhead and other costs. You are going to be paying a lot of your hard earned cash into maintaining the pool.
This review of the 9 best pool cleaners for fiberglass pools can be an aid when shopping for this type of device. Ensure that when you look for a pool cleaner, you check all the features. You should also assess the efficiency of your pool’s filtration system. This ensures the pool cleaner you purchase provides you with the performance you require.
We hope this pool cleaner review of the 9 best cleaners will aid you in keeping your pool sparkling clean.