Since you have a pool, its maintenance must be your top priority. Although technology has offered us automatic pool cleaners, it is sometimes handy to have a pool pole to manually remove floating items or dirt which these cleaners can’t take out.
Table of Contents
- 1 Best pool pole reviews
- 1.1 1. JED Pool Tools 50-560-16 Professional Deluxe Anodized Telescopic Pole
- 1.2 2. Swimline 3-Piece Anodized Outside Cam Mailer Telescopic Pole
- 1.3 3. U.S. Pool Supply Professional 16 Foot Blue Anodized Aluminum Telescopic Swimming Pool Pole
- 1.4 4. Stanley 21816 2-Piece 16′ Telescopic Pole w/ External-Locking Cam and Smooth Finish
- 1.5 5. Poolmaster Stanley 21812 2-Piece 12′ Telescopic Pole w/External-Locking Cam
- 1.6 6. HydroTools by Swimline Anodized Outside Cam Telescopic Pool Pole
- 2 Types of Pool Poles
- 3 Best pool pole buying Guide
- 4 Other factors to consider when buying pool poles
- 5 Benefits of pool poles
- 6 Summary
Best pool pole reviews
We bring you this guide to choose the best pool poles to handle the cleaning and maintenance of your pool easier than you expected:
1. JED Pool Tools 50-560-16 Professional Deluxe Anodized Telescopic Pole
- Takes very little effort to lock the slide out pole
- Way more solid and thicker than other cheaper poles
- The locking mechanism is great
- Black finish can easily get damaged and scratched
- If the pole sits out in the sun for long, it gets very hot to touch
JED Pool Tools 50-560-16 Professional Deluxe Anodized Telescopic Pole is an improvement of its previous model. It has a newly designed pro-handle and cam. You can extend the telescoping pole from 8 to 16 inches. The pole has an anodized finish and it can fit all standard accessories.
Although it is lightweight, the aluminum construction has added to its durability. The locking cam is simply amazing. You can use it for brushing, netting, and even vacuuming. Make sure you store it in a shading spot if you are storing it outdoors since it can become hot to touch.
2. Swimline 3-Piece Anodized Outside Cam Mailer Telescopic Pole
- Adjusting the length is very easy
- Helps reach tough cleaning spots easily
- Fits other accessories
- Not sturdy enough for regular use
As the name suggests, Swimline 3-Piece Anodized outside Cam Mailer Telescopic Pole has 3 pc Dual external locking cams to make pool cleaning easy and fast.
The pieces have a 5 to 15-inch adjustable length. There is a magnetic insert at the end of the pole to help you pick nails or screws that can leave rust. The pole can fit any standard attachment such as vacuum heads, skimmers, nets etc. It has blue color finishing.
3. U.S. Pool Supply Professional 16 Foot Blue Anodized Aluminum Telescopic Swimming Pool Pole
- Lightweight yet sturdy design
- Works great when deep cleaning and applying pressure
- Changing length is a breeze
- Flimsy to use
- Watch out for shipping damages
U.S. Pool Supply Professional 16 Foot Blue Anodized Aluminum Telescopic Swimming Pool Pole is a 2 piece pole that operates with an external locking cam. It has a blue aluminum finish. The pole’s length can be adjusted from 8 to 16 feet. It has a ribbed design that is meant to provide additional strength.
It can be easily attached to rakes, vacuums, brushes, and pool skimmers. It has a wide locking sleeve that is quite easy to tighten and loosen as compared to other pool poles.
4. Stanley 21816 2-Piece 16′ Telescopic Pole w/ External-Locking Cam and Smooth Finish
- Extremely well built and sturdy
- Cuts down the time required to brush and skim the pool
- Easy to handle by both adults and kids
- Locking mechanism gets stuck often
- You might experience trouble with length adjustment
It’s a durable posi-lock telescopic pole with smooth grips and external-locking cams. The pole can extend up to 15-1/2-inches. It’s constructed from black anodized Aluminum and it has 1mm commercial-grade thickness.
The pole is hence stronger than others out there in the market. It can be easily attached to a standard pool or spa maintenance tools such as rakes, vacuums, brushes, and skimmers. Its locking mechanism is sturdy but be careful since it can get stuck.
5. Poolmaster Stanley 21812 2-Piece 12′ Telescopic Pole w/External-Locking Cam
- Sturdy design for professional pool maintenance
- Easy to adjust length
- The pole doesn’t bend or flex with load
- Gets hot in the sun
- Shorter in length
Stanley 21812 pool pole can be extended up to 12 inches. Length adjustment is just a breeze. It’s constructed with black anodized aluminum and its 1mm thick. It’s sturdy enough to assist you with all types of pool cleaning.
You won’t have to worry about getting it bent while you reach the tough spots. The pole itself has a smooth finish and it’s easy to hold and operate.
6. HydroTools by Swimline Anodized Outside Cam Telescopic Pool Pole
- Perfect for home use
- Locks tight with no fear of slippage
- The pole is flimsy
- Only supports light skimming
This pool pole has a blue anodized finish and an external locking cam. You can adjust the length between 8 and 15 feet. It’s lightweight and it can be attached to brushers, rakes, and pool skimmers. The pole is made of aluminum so it’s susceptible to corrosion if left standing in the pool for long.
You can count on it to clean your pool. It can even support the weight of wet leaves. Unfortunately, the pole isn’t up to the task. It can collapse with even the slightest amount of pressure.
Types of Pool Poles
Pool poles are found in different types each designed for a different type of pool. If you choose the wrong type, it may not clean effectively. Generally, pool poles are of 3 types:
1. Manual Poles:
These are fine mesh nets attached to a pole used for manual cleaning. They don’t help in filtering small particles such as stones, leaves or debris.
2. Automatic Poles:
They are supposed to connect with your pool pump inlet. They propel around the surface of the pool with the help of paddles or propellers driven by water.
3. Self-contained Poles:
They are the auto-floating poles. They can only be used in the daylight since they are powered by the sun.
Best pool pole buying Guide
Now that you what type of pool poles are out there, the next important step is to focus on how to pick the best pool pole among so many out there. Read this buying guide to figure out how to narrow down your options:
- It must propel with the wind: The unit must float with the wind. It will use the natural water flow and tension to clean the pool without much effort. Leaves, debris, stones or insects everything will be sucked up easily.
- No need for additional accessories: The best pool poles are those that don’t require additional accessories to function. Otherwise, you will have to bear the extra cost.
- UV resistant quality: The pool pole must be made from UV resistant material. What’s the point of having a pole that gets heated up when placed under the sun? Obviously, it will be too hot to touch and you will not be able to use it.
- Warranty: Never trust any product without its warranty. It’s vital to buy a pool pole that has at least 1-year warranty so that you can get the parts repaired or get the whole product refunded if it doesn’t work as advertised.
Other factors to consider when buying pool poles
There are some manufacturer or brands that are leading providers of pool equipment. Choosing pool poles from these providers means you will get reliable equipment.
Mode of cleaning:
Both the surface and the bottom of the pool require cleaning. There are some poles that are designed for cleaning the surface only while others are responsible for cleaning the bottom only. It is recommended to select a product that can handle cleaning both areas.
Always consider the price before investing in a pool pole. The cheap ones can last longer only if you use them for minimal cleaning. The best equipment is the one justifies its price with respect to features. You will come across both expensive and cheaper ones. To make the right purchase, set a budget and list down the features you would like in your pool pole.
First things first, the pole must have an adjustable length. Then, move on to the locking mechanism. After this, you must be sure it can easily attach other accessories for cleaning.
Don’t choose pool poles made from plastic material. Usually, poles are made from aluminum. Always check for their durability. The pole must be lightweight for you to move inside the water and do the necessary cleaning.
Benefits of pool poles
It’s great that you have a swimming pool at home. With fun comes the responsibility of maintaining it too. Changing the water in the pool isn’t enough, you have to clean the pool regularly. Pool poles are extremely useful in keeping the pool water sanitized and clean. They help remove dirt, leaves, stones, insects, and other debris from the pool and keep the water crystal clear for you and your family. You can adjust the length of the pole to capture even the particles that have settled down at the bottom of the pool.
You can also attach accessories such as a brush, rack, vacuum etc. to the pole and capture the particles that could be contaminating the water. A pool pole makes pool maintenance easy and even prevents the development of harmful bacteria and algae in the water.
It’s hoped that after reading this guide, you have made up your mind and picked the best pool pole for cleaning and maintaining your pool.