Who says pool slides are just meant for kids to have fun with? Adults could use some fun too. After all, everybody likes whizzing down the pool slide deck and into the swimming pool. Even a product like pool slide deserves your attention, especially if you want to invest in one that is fun and safe at the same time.
At a Glance: Our Recommendations for Best Pool Slides:
- Best overall: S.R. Smith 670-209-58224 Typhoon
- Best inflatable pool slide: Intex Inflatable Water Slide
- Best inground pool slides: S.R. Smith Cyclone 698-209-58110
- Best backyard pool slides: S.R. Smith 688-209-58224 TurboTwister
- Best residential pool slides: S.R. Smith 610-209-5823 Rogue2 Pool Slide
- 1 10 Best Pool Slides Reviews
- 1.1 1. S.R. Smith 670-209-58224 Typhoon Left Curve Pool Slide
- 1.2 2. S.R. Smith Cyclone Right Curve Pool Slide 698-209-58110, Taupe
- 1.3 3. S.R. Smith 610-209-5823 Rogue2 Pool Slide
- 1.4 4. Intex Inflatable Water Slide 131x81x46″ for ages 6 to 18
- 1.5 5. S.R. Smith 688-209-58224 TurboTwister Left Curve Pool Slide
- 1.6 6. WOW Watersports Slide “N” Smile 9ft Long Floating 2 Lane Waterslide
- 1.7 7. Inter-Fab WRS-CLB-SS Water Pool Slide
- 1.8 8. S.R.Smith heliX2 640-209-58124 S.R.Smith Pool Slide
- 1.9 9. Inter-Fab G4C-G Water Pool Slide, G-Force
- 1.10 10. Inter-Fab WWS-CR-SS Water Pool Slide
- 2 Types Of Pool Slides
- 3 Pool Slide Buying Guide
- 4 Frequently Asked Questions
- 5 Summing Up
10 Best Pool Slides Reviews
Can’t decide which pool slide to buy? To make your purchase decision a breeze, consider these 10 best pool slides. This review evaluates them on the basis of their features, durability, and design:
1. S.R. Smith 670-209-58224 Typhoon Left Curve Pool Slide
- Easy assembly
- Sturdy design
- Water system makes the ride speedy
- Available in left and right curves
- It’s not the best slide for adults
S.R. Smith 670-209-58224 Typhoon is meant for salt pools and standard pools with limited deck space. It’s 7 feet and 4-inch tall. It’s available in sandstone and gray granite designs. The slide has an enclosed ladder and molded handrail to ensure kids’ safety.
Right and left curve options are available. There are only a few pieces to put together, so you will be done with the installation within 2-3 hours of the delivery. You just have to mount it to the deck and it’s ready to use.
All thanks to the GrandRapids water delivery system, it can deliver up to 25 gallons of water per minute. Your kids are going to enjoy a large volume of rushing water for a slippery-fun ride.
2. S.R. Smith Cyclone Right Curve Pool Slide 698-209-58110, Taupe
- Blends easily with contemporary garden décor
- Features deep and wide flume for safety
- Easy to assemble and set up in less than an hour
- Does not include deck mounting
S.R. Smith’s cyclone pool slide is designed to be an excellent dip for little kids who love swimming. This cyclone combines many outstanding features like the Turbo Twister, but in smaller proportions, just 4ft1 inch long.
This waterslide is engineered with safety features like built-in handrails with an enclosed ladder. This product complies with the US Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) safety body for pool slides.
It is only available as a straight and curved slide in taupe, sandstone, and gray granite to match the latest garden furniture. Install in less than an hour.
3. S.R. Smith 610-209-5823 Rogue2 Pool Slide
- It’s heavier and bigger in size
- Deep and wide flume
- Retro look with modern features
- Perfect for kids and adults
- Difficult to install
- Its ladder is wobbly
S.R. Smith 610-209-5823 Rogue2 Pool Slide is an 8-inch tall slide with a retro ladder attached to its back. It’s strong and durable. You can choose from blue, taupe, white and gray colors.
It’s left and right curve makes it easier to accommodate any kind of deck. You can either connect the pool’s return line with the water delivery system or simply attach a garden hose. Its maximum weight capacity is 250 pounds.
Overall, the slide has a modern design and it’s durable but its ladder makes the whole pool slide wobble. Other than that, you might need professional help for installation.
4. Intex Inflatable Water Slide 131x81x46″ for ages 6 to 18
- Comes with 5 fantastic air chambers
- Has six heavy-duty handles for added stability
- It features fun wave graphics
- Has 20 gauge vinyl constructions
- It is recommended for kids only
This inflatable waterslide is equipped with molded-in climbing steps and ergonomics handles for safety. Intex includes an inflatable stepping mat and splashing sprayers in this fantastic product. Another notable feature of this incredible product is the repair patch and five air chambers for additional strength.
To begin to enjoy limitless summer fun, inflate the waterslide and connect the garden hose to the molded-in sprayers to moisturize the sliding surface. The manufacturer recommends this item for kids within the range of 6 to 18.
5. S.R. Smith 688-209-58224 TurboTwister Left Curve Pool Slide
- Sturdy construction makes it durable
- Fast and easy installation
- Enclosed ladder and molded handrail ensure safety
- Maximum weight capacity is 275 pounds
- Some consumers had to deal with missing hardware issue
S.R. Smith 688-209-58224 TurboTwister is an 8 feet- 7-inch tall pool slide with a wide and deep flume. It has a left curve and some dips to make slip-sliding more fun that you can ever imagine. It is capable of delivering 25 gallons of water per minute for faster slipping.
You can choose from sandstone and gray granite designer colors. To ensure user safety, the manufacturers have provided deep flume, enclosed ladder and hold handrails. You can either connect .
garden hose for water supply or the pool’s return line through the water delivery system.
All the hardware needed for installation comes with the slide. Some users have complained about the missing hardware though. You can assemble and install it easily by following the instruction manual.
6. WOW Watersports Slide “N” Smile 9ft Long Floating 2 Lane Waterslide
- Made with high-grade PVC construction
- Features multiple options to connect mats & walkways
- Comes with inflatable side rails
- Doesn’t work correctly when it got punctured
If you have been looking to make your children happy while swimming, the best decision is to get this giant Slide ‘N’ Smile waterslide. It has a massive dual sliding lane for the water, and it’s over nine feet long, six feet width and 4 feet in length.
It is equipped with double side grommets for tying it to the dock. The zipper connection system can also be used for connecting it to the water mats. This Slide N Smile has inflatable side rails and excellent graphics to enhance visibility in the water.
7. Inter-Fab WRS-CLB-SS Water Pool Slide
- Easy to assemble
- Maximum protection with fully enclosed stairs
- Well-constructed and sturdy
- Watch out for missing hardware
- Additional adapter kit to hook up the garden hose
Inter-Fab WRS-CLB-SS Water Pool Slide is 7 feet and 8-inch tall. Acrylic construction paired with stainless steel handrails makes it a durable investment. To make it even safer for kids, manufacturers have provided fully enclosed stairs and grip around handrails. Parents can have peace of mind while they are kids are having fun sliding.
You can choose between left and right curves depending on the deck space available. The slide has a deep and semi-circular flume-style runway. To make it fast, you can also connect a water supply with the pool’s return system.
If you want to connect a garden hose, you will additional adapter kit to hook it up though. It’s available in 4 colors –tan, blue, gray, and white.
8. S.R.Smith heliX2 640-209-58124 S.R.Smith Pool Slide
- Doesn’t bore kids
- Strong and durable construction
- Quick to install
- Inefficient Water flow system
- A little unsafe to use
S.R.Smith heliX2 640-209-58124 is a 360-degree pool slide with all the twists and turns to make sliding into the pool fun. It is 7 feet and 4-inch tall. It has a patented water flow feature that creates a fountain effect.
When the slide isn’t being used, this fountain could serve as a centerpiece for your backyard. It has an enclosed ladder at the back with molded handrails for safe climbing. You can plumb the water delivery system through the return line of the pool or by connecting a garden hose.
The water delivery is 20 gallons per minute which is slow for some users. The slide looks fun but it’s not recommended for all kids since swirling in circles can make them dizzy. It’s available in gray granite, sandstone, solid taupe, and solid gray colors.
9. Inter-Fab G4C-G Water Pool Slide, G-Force
- Impressive design
- Molded treads provided for safer climbing
- Fast water delivery
- It’s a little smaller in size
- Not recommended for tall people
Inter-Fab G4C-G Water Pool Slide, G-Force is 6-feet and 6-inch tall. It’s a perfect product to bring the water park fun at home. It offers a 360-degree topsy-turvy ride. The molded treads on the ladder and grip-around handrail make climbing easier and safer.
The slide is constructed from polyethylene to make it safe and durable. It even has an impact-resistant body. That’s why you can also use it with a saltwater pool.
The hardware used is made from stainless steel. Its maximum weight capacity is 250 pounds. All plumbing materials, hardware kit, and deck anchors are provided with the product. It has a patented zoom flume water system that splashes up to 35 gallons of water per hour down the slide. So, expect to have some action while sliding.
Even though it’s a fun pool slide to have in your backyard, it is small and so tall and large people won’t be able to use it.
10. Inter-Fab WWS-CR-SS Water Pool Slide
- Durable construction
- Offers a great slippery slide ride
- Perfect for kids
- Assembly is a bit annoying
- Watch out for missing hardware
Inter-Fab WWS-CR-SS is a 4-feet pool slide designed for kids. It’s constructed from acrylic and provided with stainless steel hardware. Since the slide is meant for kids, you will find grip-around handrail and fully enclosed steps to prevent slips when climbing.
It has the right configuration and it can easily adjust in a small backyard. The zoom flume water delivery system will let your kids enjoy a water park-like right at home. The slide has a deep and semi-circular flume style runway.
Its maximum weight capacity is 250 pounds. You can choose from left or right curve design. It is available in tan, blue, gray, and white colors.
Types Of Pool Slides
Before heading out to buy a pool slide, you must know what types exist. Once you know which type would be right for your kids, the purchase decision would become easier. Pool slides are available in the following 3 types:
Straight Leg: It’s straight from the top and curved from the bottom. There is also an open or closed stairway to make the product spacious. Since they have a simple design, they are best used with small swimming pools.
Molded Slide Leg: It has a curvy and steep design. The curve is usually to the left or right just near the pool. The slide is generally 8 feet tall and has an enclosed stairway to protect kids.
Elephant Leg Slide: The elephant leg slide comes in two types. The first type is stream. It’s similar to the molded slide leg slide but has a steeper drop at the top rather than the end. It is 14 feet tall and it’s larger in size. The second type is G-force. It’s curvy- similar to the shape of a DNA strand. It is 9 feet tall.
Pool Slide Buying Guide
Consider this buying guide to choose the best pool slide and maximize the fun at home:
- Material: Pool slides are commonly sold in 4 types of materials – vinyl, acrylic, polyethylene, and steel. Vinyl is though the least durable slide material but it’s easy to clean, lightweight, and flexible. You can even fold the slide and put it away when your kids are not using it. Acrylic, on the other hand, is one of the most durable materials for a pool slide. Although UV rays of the sun can damage it, it’s still a recommended choice. Polyethylene has the quality of plastic and it’s resistant to chemicals. Steel is one of the most durable slide materials but it’s not recommended for home use.
- Location: Slide producers recommend installing the pool slide near the pool depth of about 44 to 48 inches of water. That means you cannot install the slide at the shallow or narrow end of the pool. You also wouldn’t want the users to hit the surface of the pool as they come down from the slide. In short, install the slide at the area where a user can stand.
- Weight Capacity: Depending on who is going to use the pool slide, you must keep in mind the maximum weight capacity of the slide before buying it. Don’t just consider the weight capacity of the slide, but the staircase too. This will ensure the slider makes it to top of the slide safely.
- Size: Everyone wants a large and tall slide but you cannot just buy it without considering the availability of the space in your backyard. Large slides let you enjoy more speed and splash. They can also accommodate more weight. They are recommended for older kids and adults. Medium sized slides, on the other hand, are best for little kids. For Preschoolers, it is best if you go with an inflatable model.
- Color: You don’t have to stick to blue colored slides. Vendors are selling pool slides in a variety of colors now. You can even find a color that matches the décor of your landscape. Earthy hues like brown and grey are common colors. Stick to softer shades as they don’t get hot during sunny days.
- Water Supply: Although you can use a pool slide without water, but since you will be wet, it can cause friction and inhibit your speed. It is therefore recommended to add a water supply to your slide wherever you can. This could be an additional expense but it will double the fun and speed. If you don’t want to spend money, you can always hook up a garden hose on top of the slide. Some pool slides can hook up a water supply but they require professional installation.
- Waterslide Safety: The unit that you plan to buy must be safe. Pool slides now come with CPSC approved regulations. Since they have undergone necessary safety tests, these slides ensure the safety of all sliders.
- Ease Of Installation: Don’t forget the slide you choose must be easier to install. In case you are buying a larger slide, professional assistance might be required.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Are pool slides illegal?
A: Yes, because most of these pool slides are designed to minimize exposure to injury or death while swimming. These waterslides are tested and certified to meet the Consumer Product Safety Commission standard. However, there are lay down recommendations regarding the use, maintenance, and installation.
Q: What are pool slides made of?
A: Most of the latest water slides are made of durable fiberglass or polyethylene plastic. Both materials are incredible and reliable. They are incredibly impervious to harsh chemicals, corrosion, and rust-resistant and will not fade over time under the scorching sun.
Q: How much are pool slides?
A: The pool slides size varied depending on the size of some products. For instance, Slide N Smile is 9ft long with 6×4 feet in width and length. However, some other products are 8×15 feet but mostly depend on the style. So it is advisable to consider the available space around your pool before buying any slide.
Q: How much do pool slides cost?
A: If you buy a water slide online, you will discover that majority of these water slides are priced between $ 1000 and $ 3500 or even more, with mini slides generally being cheaper. You can even spend anywhere from $ 10,000 to $ 20,000 on large swimming pool slides.
Q: Why are pool slides so expensive?
A: Any swimming pool with a slide allows family and friends to enjoy life-long memories together. These slides are more expensive because of the materials they incorporate and the purpose they serve in swimming pool. Most of these water slides passed through rigorous testing before they are allowed for auction on the market.
Q: Where to buy swimming pool slides?
A: Suppose your problem has been where to buy durable pool slides for your pool. The process of buying is not complicated. You can order your desire products online or visit the nearest supermarket. There are lots of online sellers that’ll deliver at your doorstep.
You have lots of options at hand to let your kids enjoy a water park-like experience every weekend at the comfort of their backyard. Before heading out to buy a pool slide, consider your needs, the space available in your backyard and other factors mentioned above. Your family deserves the best. List down all qualities you and your family want in the slide. Then, pick any of the pool slides you think would be a worthy investment.