A pressure-side pool cleaner is a device that derivers its power from the jet of water returning to your swimming pool from the pool’s pump. In simple terms, it is the pressure side of your pump that drives the system instead of the suction side.
The pressure side cleaner doesn’t require outside power or electricity to operate because it is running off your pool’s pump. A pressure cleaner is a great model, but they come in different designs, builds, colors, and sizes.
There are also new models hitting the market every day, making it impossible to choose the best pressure side pool cleaner from the shelves. That is why I have decided to today to help you pick the right cleaner for your pool by reviewing the seven top pressure side pool cleaners
- 1 Top 7 Pressure Side Pool Cleaners: Reviews for 2020
- 1.1 1. Polaris Vac-Sweep 280 Pressure Side Pool Cleaner
- 1.2 2. Pentair LL505G Kreepy Krauly Legend Pressure-Side Inground Pool Cleaner
- 1.3 3. Zodiac F5B Polaris Vac-Sweep 280 Black Max Pressure Side Pool Cleaner
- 1.4 4. Polaris Vac-Sweep 3900 Sport Pressure Side Pool Cleaner
- 1.5 5. Pentair LL505PMG Kreepy Krauly Platinum Pressure-Side Inground Automatic Pool Cleaner
- 1.6 6. Polaris Vac-Sweep 65 6-130-00 Pressure Side Automatic Pool Cleaner
- 1.7 7. Pentair 360228 Kreepy Krauly Racer Pressure-Style Inground Pool Cleaner
- 2 FAQs
- 3 Final Words
Top 7 Pressure Side Pool Cleaners: Reviews for 2020
Here are the top seven pressure side pool cleaners that you should consider buying.
1. Polaris Vac-Sweep 280 Pressure Side Pool Cleaner
Polaris Vac-Sweep 280 Pressure Side Pool Cleaner is a top cleaner that offers excellent features. I have reviewed some of its best qualities here:
- For inground pools – The first thing you should note about this pool cleaner is that it was made for inground swimming pools. And it uses a Polaris booster pump to ensure that your pool remains cleans and ready for use.
- 31 feet feed hose – Another feature that makes this a great unit is the 31 feet of feed hose that is long enough to allow it to cover every corner of your pool. The vacuum inlet is 2 ½ inches.
- Compatible with other cleaners – A good cleaner should be compatible with other models’ system, and this one can easily connect with Polaris 480. Note that it won’t work for Polaris 360 and 380 pool cleaners.
- 1.5-inch pressure cleaner line – It easily connect to a 1.5-inch pressure cleaner line for easy connection.
2. Pentair LL505G Kreepy Krauly Legend Pressure-Side Inground Pool Cleaner
LL505G is a model that comes with a grey top and white bottom, and you can use it to clean your swimming pool effectively. I found it to offer a lot of great features, which I have outlined here:
- 30 feet hose – It is one of the best models that you can get when it comes to the length of the feeder hose, which is 30 feet long. The hose lets the unit move around with ease without forming any kink and cover more ground.
- Front-wheel drive – Front-wheel drive is a fantastic feature that ensures the pressure cleaner doesn’t get stuck around easily. Besides, its tires come with treads that helps to maximize traction on inclined areas for sufficient coverage.
- Four-wheel design – You should also note that this is a cleaner that cannot tip over with ease thanks to the 4-wheel design. That means you can have the confidence to enjoy unattended and uninterrupted performance.
- Large intake throat – It allows your cleaner to collect even the more significant debris and store them in its high-capacity bag.
3. Zodiac F5B Polaris Vac-Sweep 280 Black Max Pressure Side Pool Cleaner
Here is another pressure side pool cleaner that I love, and it is one of the most affordable models you can get today. It provides a lot of features like:
- Automatic function – One feature that you might enjoy when you buy this model is automatic functioning. That means it vacuums, scrubs, and sweeps your swimming pool from bottom to top without needing your help.
- Fast cleaning – Another thing with this model is the ability to clean your pool within three hours or less. You can have peace of mind knowing you have a clean pool whenever you want to swim.
- Own booster pump – The model uses its booster pump to ensure that it runs independently. However, you should note that the booster pump is sold separately.
- Connect to 1.5-inch pressure line – It is, thus, a universal model that you can connect to that line, and it has a 31 feet feed hose.
4. Polaris Vac-Sweep 3900 Sport Pressure Side Pool Cleaner
Another model that you can get for your swimming pool is the Polaris Vac-Sweep 3900 Sport Pressure Side Pool Cleaner. It comes with great features like the ones I have listed here:
- Huge bag capacity – The model helps to clean your inground pool using its booster pumper and keeps the dirt in a 5 liters bag. You can enjoy more hours of cleaning and less of emptying your bag.
- 31 feet feed hose – It comes with a black color feed hose that can reach up to 31 feet when fully stretched. That is long enough to cover most swimming pools.
- 50% more torque – The cleaner features the PosiDribve system with all-wheel to ensure that it get more torque than most cleaners out there. And it is also driven by a stainless steel chain.
- TailSweep Pro – It is a sweeper that provides ultimate sweeping action and helps to remove water from splashing outside your pool.
5. Pentair LL505PMG Kreepy Krauly Platinum Pressure-Side Inground Automatic Pool Cleaner
If you like color grey, then this is the model for you, and it comes from the reputable Pentair brand. There are a lot of features that make it a top pressure side cleaner such as:
- Very powerful – It is one of the most potent cleaners you can get on the market today. One thing you should keep in mind is that its power is enough to clean darker colored facilities.
- Removes leaves – The cleaner is ideal for an inground pool that is full of high loads of debris and leaves. It also helps to clean fine dirt for a thoroughly cleaned pool.
- Front-wheel drive – The feature helps your cleaner to move around with ease and get over obstacles without getting stuck.
- Dual thrust jets – They provides maximum power for suction and speed so that your pool can get clean within three hours.
6. Polaris Vac-Sweep 65 6-130-00 Pressure Side Automatic Pool Cleaner
Next one my list is a pool cleaner that is ideal for cleaning an above ground pool made of vinyl and works without booster pump. There are lots of excellent features that make it stand out from the rest, and they are:
- Easy to install – It is a model that you can install without seeking help from a professional or wasting time. That comes in handy to ensure that you save not only money but also time.
- Powered by clean water – One feature that I found to be unique is the fact that the cleaner is powered by the pressure of the water returning to your pool. Thus, the skimmer and filter are left free to clean the water.
- Patented jet sweep – It helps to blow the water against the surface to loosen the tough messes in hard-to-reach areas.
- Unique filter bag – The filter bag helps to remove debris, such as important things like pebbles and twigs before they reach the pool’s pump.
7. Pentair 360228 Kreepy Krauly Racer Pressure-Style Inground Pool Cleaner
Lastly is the 360228 Kreepy Krauly Racer Pressure-Style by Pentair and is a great model for cleaning inground pools. It comes with the superb feature, which I have reviewed here:
- Up to 30% faster cleaning – What that means is that this cleaner can clean your swimming pool more quickly than most cleaners on the market today. And it is quite efficient when it comes to cleaning your facility.
- Front rotating brush scrubs and scours – They combine to provide you with a detailed and deep clean to leave your pool cleaner than before.
- Ultra-bright LED lights – They help to light the pool when the cleaner is cleaning during the night.
- Large intake – It helps to collect large debris as well as small ones to leave your pool cleaner.
- Affordable – Another thing that makes it a must-have cleaner is the price. It is quite affordable compared to other models in its class.
Q: What is a Pressure Side Pool Cleaner?
A: A pressure-side pool cleaner is a cleaning device that attaches to the return side (pressure) of your swimming pool’s circulation system. It is also called a booster pump kind of cleaner as it is propelled by the water that is getting back to your pool.
Q: How Does a Pressure Side Pool Cleaner Works?
A: A pressure side pool cleaner pushes the water to the cleaner, moving it along your pool surface and occasionally splashing it on the walls. Your pool gets cleaned by the venturi vacuum that is cleaned by the water pressured.
It is the venturi that forces the debris and leaves up and into the collecting screen, net, or bag.
Q: When to Replace Pressure Relief Valve Wall Fitting for Pool Cleaner?
A: The pressure relief valve can last for about six years if you choose a quality model. However, you should always replace it if it stops working or gets damaged.
What is the best pressure side pool cleaner? I have reviewed the top seven models on the market today to help you make an informed decision when you choose the right one for your pool.
You can now visit the market and get a model that is within your budget and the one that can fit your pool’s fittings. Most of these models come in a universal setting to allow you to fit them in most swimming pools.
You should also note that there are pressure side pool cleaners that are designed for above ground pools while others work for inground pools. There are a lot of options that you can choose from and get a quality model.