UPDATED: Jan 07, 2020.
Soaps and detergents are an important part of your car cleaning even if you have a pressure washer. Some of the pressure washers come with a tank, where you can store your detergent and soap for more efficient use.
So, if you are looking for the best pressure washer soaps & detergents for cars, then you have come to the right place. I will review the 8 top models on the market today to help you have an idea of what you should look for in a good soap or detergent.
At a Glance: Our Top Choices for Best Pressure Washer Soaps and Detergents for Cars that Feature in This Guide:
- Chemical Guys CWS101 Car Wash Soap & Shampoo (Top Pick)
- Chemical Guys CWS107 Car Wash Shampoo (Top Rated)
- Chemical Guys CWS301 Car Wash (Editor Choice)
- Kracher Multi-Purpose Soap Cleaner
- Chemical Guys Car Wash Soap
- Sun Joe Cannon Pineapple Pressure Washer
- Simple Green Pro HD Heavy Duty Cleaner
- Simple Green Industrial Cleaner and Degreaser
- 1 Reviews of Top 8 Pressure Washer Soaps and Detergents for Cars
- 1.1 1. Chemical Guys CWS101 Maxi-Suds II 1-Gallon Super Suds Car Wash Soap & Shampoo
- 1.2 2. Chemical Guys CWS107 Extreme Body 1-Gallon Wash & Synthetic Wax Car Wash Shampoo
- 1.3 3. Chemical Guys CWS301 Citrus Wash & Gloss Concentrated Car Wash
- 1.4 4. Kracher Multi-Purpose Cleaning Detergent Soap Cleaner
- 1.5 5. Chemical Guys CWS20764 Extreme Body Wash and Wax Car Wash Soap
- 1.6 6. Sun Joe SPX-FCS1G Premium Snow Foam Cannon Pineapple Pressure Washer
- 1.7 7. Simple Green Pro HD Heavy Duty Cleaner
- 1.8 8. Simple Green 13005CT Industrial Cleaner and Degreaser
- 2 Factors to Consider When Choosing Car Wash Soap and Detergent
- 3 Pressure Washer Soaps & Detergents for Cars FAQs
- 4 Final Words
Reviews of Top 8 Pressure Washer Soaps and Detergents for Cars
Here are the top pressure washer soaps and detergents for cars for 2020.
1. Chemical Guys CWS101 Maxi-Suds II 1-Gallon Super Suds Car Wash Soap & Shampoo
This is an all-purpose super foaming soap and shampoo that will leave your car shinier than before. It is able to remove dirt and grime safely without stripping sealants or wax.
Another feature of the detergent is its ease of use out of and in the sun. It also comes with water softeners that reduce streaking and don’t leave water residue when you rinse your car.
This is a premium high-quality car wash that isn’t just quite effective but also gentle and natural. The product comes in a one-gallon container that will last for a while and doesn’t spill when pouring in your pressure washer.
2. Chemical Guys CWS107 Extreme Body 1-Gallon Wash & Synthetic Wax Car Wash Shampoo
Just like the 101 Maxi Suds, the 107 Extreme Body comes in a one-gallon container that will last for long. And it has a synthetic gloss enhancer as well as premium body wash shampoo that will make your car look new.
The product is formulated with the latest foaming technology which uses bubbles and cleaners found in suds to gently lift tough stains and grime. Hence, you get an easier time when cleaning your car and it rinses faster to leave a premium shine.
Another feature is the pH-balanced combination of lubricants and polymers that gently remove contaminants and dirt from your vehicle while still preserving your sealant and wax perfectly intact. It also carnauba and synthetic wax that reduces water spots by hindering calcium effect.
3. Chemical Guys CWS301 Citrus Wash & Gloss Concentrated Car Wash
Another product that will clean your car within minutes is this one-gallon container car wash from Chemical Guys. It is a citrus based product that was designed to outshine wax based washers.
Hyper-concentrated and citrus base are the ultimate surface prep paintwork washers for proving an enhanced gloss. The detergent also has a biodegradable formula that cleans better than other hazardous solvent soaps and body cleaners.
It also features fast penetrating citrus assisted lubricating foam that removes and traps soil in suspension for easier scratching. And you don’t need to rinse your car after cleaning it with this soap. One cup of the washer is perfect for use with five gallons of water.
4. Kracher Multi-Purpose Cleaning Detergent Soap Cleaner
The Karcher Multi-Purpose Cleaning Detergent cleans your vehicle faster to ensure that you use the minimal time when cleaning it. It is uniquely formulated to work effectively in tandem with a pressure washer to aid you to clean thoroughly and more quickly.
The cleaner makes up to five gallons of ready-to-clean solution from a single quart of the cleaner. The product is ideal for cleaning most outdoor surfaces including sidewalks, brick, stone, decks, driveways, and more.
It is also a biodegradable product that is made in the US. Another thing, it is an affordable cleaner that won’t need you to break the bank to afford it.
5. Chemical Guys CWS20764 Extreme Body Wash and Wax Car Wash Soap
The CWS20764 boasts of a synthetic wax formula that adds extra protection to your car every time you clean it. It also features a pH-balanced formula that doesn’t strip sealant coating or wax of your car.
Furthermore, the detergent provides high gloss shine, no matter the color of your car. What’s more, it’s a scratch-free and slick car wash shampoo that will last for long before you hit the market to get a new container.
Also, the soap is ideal for use in any foam cannon or foam gun. Thus, it is a versatile product that you can use in different devices and still get the desired result.
6. Sun Joe SPX-FCS1G Premium Snow Foam Cannon Pineapple Pressure Washer
The cleaner has a pressure washer concentrated formula that makes it easier to clean your vehicle and leave it shining. It is also a biodegradable product that won’t affect the environment or even or even remove your car’s color.
It is a safer product for use on wax sealant and will remove all dirt and grime from your car. Also, it comes in a handy container that will last long before it gets finished. In fact, it is a concentrated cleaner that you need to dilute in water.
For the best results, follow the manufacturer instructions and dilute it according to the recommended dosage.
7. Simple Green Pro HD Heavy Duty Cleaner
Another concentrated car wash cleaner that will leave your car looking new is the Simple Green Pro HD Heavy Duty Cleaner. It is a professional grade cleaner that is non-corrosive, meaning that it won’t affect your car body.
It was made for multi-purpose use including walls, floors, appliances, industrial, automotive, equipment, and recreational car degreasing and cleaning. Also, it can wash commercial baths and kitchens and for parts washing, ultrasonic cleaning, pressure washing, and more.
Simple to use, this is the one-stop degreaser and cleaner for all your cleaning needs. And it is an economical product that won’t cost you much.
8. Simple Green 13005CT Industrial Cleaner and Degreaser
The simple Green 13005CT has a readily biodegradable formula that makes it safe for use. In addition, it is a nontoxic product that won’t harm your pets and kids in case they come in contact with it.
Also, it’s a non-corrosive cleaner, non-abrasive, and non-flammable, making it a safer and better alternative to caustic solvents and cleaners. Due to its versatile formula, you can use it to clean and also degrease all washable areas and surfaces.
The cleaner is easy to use and you need to mix it with water to form the right solution for cleaning your car. It is also an affordable product, although not the cheapest on the market today. However, you will get value for your money when you buy this cleaner.
Factors to Consider When Choosing Car Wash Soap and Detergent
Consider the following things when buying a car wash detergent or soap:
- Biodegradable –You will let soap run off to the ground (get a biodegradable product).
- Price – Get a product that will fit your budget.
- Protection – This will enhance the color of your car and add a protective layer.
- Brand – Some brands are better than others and have been tested.
- Safety – The cleaner shouldn’t have harmful ingredients that can harm pets, plants, or people.
- Size – This will depend on how often you clean your vehicle.
- Ease of use – Get a product that will be easy to use.
Pressure Washer Soaps & Detergents for Cars FAQs
Q: Should I clean my car?
A: It is advisable to clean your care regularly. Personally, I prefer to clean my own vehicle. It is your car and you should ensure that you take care of it. While taking it to a cleaner or vehicle shop will still do the trick, you won’t know the detergent these companies are using.
Q: When should I use detergent and when should I use soap when cleaning using my pressure washer?
A: Soap should be used when there is treated water while detergent should be used with hard water. You can also combine the two to form an effective cleaning solution.
Q: What are the ingredients used to make soap and detergent for use in pressure washer?
A: Some of the ingredients used include citric acid, oxalic acid, vinegar, bleach, sodium hypochlorite, sodium hydroxide, ammonia, and potassium hydroxide.
Q: What do these soaps and detergents remove?
A: These cleaners can be used to remove dirt and sanitize your surfaces since they kill bacteria and germs within ½ a minute.
Q: Is pressure washing with detergents and soap harmful for garden or pets?
A: These cleaners are environmentally friendly and shouldn’t harm your garden or pets. However, professionals often use some products which aren’t safe.
Q: Where can I buy soap and detergents for use in my pressure washer?
A: These cleaners are readily available at your local soap and detergent store as well as online stores.
The best Pressure Washer Soaps & Detergents for Cars should be safe to use, be effective, and be affordable. Also, know the ingredient in the product you want to buy to ensure that it will not corrode your car.