To ensure a mouth-watering food in your outdoor environment, the role of a propane burner is indispensable. Considered as one of the best appliances, a wide range of propane burners are available in the market. However, it is difficult to choose a one which offers true value for the money.
Table of Contents
- 1 Quick Review on 14 Top Propane Grills
- 1.1 Weber 45010001 Spirit II E-310 Black LP Outdoor Gas Grill
- 1.2 Weber 51210001 Q1200 Liquid Propane Grill
- 1.3 Weber 50060001 Q1000 Liquid Propane Gas Griller
- 1.4 Weber 57060001 Q3200 Liquid Propane Grill
- 1.5 Blackstone 1554 Station-4-burner-Propane Gas Griller
- 1.6 Cuisinart CGG-180TB Petit Gourmet Portable Tabletop Gas Grill
- 1.7 Camp Chef Flat Top Grill 600 (FTG600)
- 1.8 Pit Boss Grills 75275 Stainless Steel Two-Burner Portable Grill
- 1.9 Pit Boss Grills 75275 Stainless Steel Two-Burner Portable Grill
- 1.10 Char-Broil Classic 360 3-Burner Liquid Propane Gas Grill
- 1.11 Royal Gourmet Event 8-Burner BBQ Propane Gas Grill for Party
- 1.12 Monument Grills Clearview Lid 4 Burner with Side Sear Burner Propane Gas Grill
- 1.13 Bull Outdoor Products 26038 Liquid Propane Outlaw Drop-In Grill Head
- 1.14 Bull Outdoor Products BBQ 47628 Angus 75,000 BTU Grill Head
- 2 How to buy the best Propane Gas Grill – Buying Guide
- 3 Propane Gas FAQ’s
- 4 Conclusion
Quick Review on 14 Top Propane Grills
As there are plenty of propane gas grills available under $300, $500 and even under $1000 with different features, choosing a perfect one needs several factors to consider.
Each of these grills comes with distinctive features and separate price band to suffice the needs of people across different genre. Let’s have a look:
Weber 45010001 Spirit II E-310 Black LP Outdoor Gas Grill
It is a gas grill with superior performance outdoor, which comes with resilient exterior and simple assembly instructions. 3 stainless steel burners produce 30,000 BTU per hour and can also cook the food with a small flare-up evenly.
Separate heat settings are also available to make it more useful. Flavorized bars efficiently catch smoke and sizzle to enhance the smoky flavor in the food. Available in four colors – ivory, blue, red and black, it is a deluxe-looking gas griller which comes at a reasonable price.
To hold the tray and plates, a fitting folding table is provided. Overall, it offers true value for the money.
- This griller comes with premium features to ensure excellent cooking.
- It comes with a 10-year manufacturer warranty.
- The superior construction makes it stand out.
- Easy to assemble and use.
- Large cooking area available to cook a variety of food.
- A fuel gauge is provided to reflect the level of gas.
- Lower grades stainless steel is used.
Weber 51210001 Q1200 Liquid Propane Grill
A portable liquid Propane grill, which provides excellent heat circulation due to its round shape! With the ability to ensure even cooking, it is one of the best grills under $300. The porcelain-enameled casts’ irons are provided to ensure superior heat retention.
Designed appropriately, it is considered a good option for picnicking and camping and equipped with all the necessary features which one requires. Compact in size, it is particularly useful in remote areas. It comes with excellent griddle-grate cooking combinations.
- It ensures good temperature control.
- It comes with foldable side wings to provide extra storage space.
- Excellent heat circulation is ensured with its unique cookbook’s shape.
- A built-in thermostat is provided.
- Revolutionary easy-start electronic ignition with seamless controls.
- Some customer complaint about the regulator issue.
- Compared to other grillers, it is slightly underpowered.
Weber 50060001 Q1000 Liquid Propane Gas Griller
It is an up gradation of Weber Q100 with extended features by curbing the existing flaws of its previous model. It is one of the expensive looking and expertly constructed griller, which is easier to operate with large handles and knobs.
Weighing at around 28.5 kg, it is a portable gas grill with a sleek and modern design. With the ability to heat the entire surface evenly, it heats up the entire food without leaving any part.
It is a highly durable model which can be used to quickly set up by igniting rather than setting up the whole barbeque.
- Knobs and handle are provided with larger grips.
- Huge surface area for cooking is ensured at 189 inches.
- With the power of 8500 BTU, it ensures quick food cooking.
- Simple assembly instruction and easy to use.
- The excellent drip-tray is provided to avoid greasing.
- Only one burner is provided.
- Propane needs to be bought separately.
Weber 57060001 Q3200 Liquid Propane Grill
A preferred choice for the camping and tailgating, it is one of the portable models of the Q series by Weber propane grill. No pre-assembly is required if you are going out or camping, just fold it out and put few screws.
Ideal for family or a few friends, the excellent heat retaining capacity of this grill makes it a perfect choice for smaller gatherings. Hooks for tools and light up in the dark are some of the extended features provided in this model that justify the value for its money.
As everything within is porcelain-enameled, it is very easy to clean and maintain. The friendly electron ignition makes it a perfect choice for the beginners.
- Very easy and quick to clean.
- High heat to cook a large quantity of food.
- Cast-iron grates to maintain the smoky flavor of the food.
- It can be assembled quickly and easily.
- Fast cooking time.
- The cooking surface is restricted to 393 square inches.
- Plastic shelves hamper the durability
Blackstone 1554 Station-4-burner-Propane Gas Griller
One of the best products by Blackstone with a gas griddle of 120 lbs. Perfect for the grilling and griddling, it comes with a cooking area of 720 square inches.
Perfect to cater to the party of events, it comes with a 36X21 inches removable sheet griddle, which firmly supports its back and sides. 4 controllable heat zones dispersing 15000 BTUS makes it an efficient griller to cook and grill with perfection.
It comes with a container to hold the grease and ample space is provided for the storage to avoid the accessories from falling.
- It offers true value with its extended features.
- The removable griddle top allows refraining using it when not in need.
- 4 castor wheels are provided to make it highly portable.
- Electronic ignition is available to ensure quick grilling.
- A propane tank is provided.
- No long-term warranty is provided by the manufacturer.
- If you keep it in wet spaces, it will get rusty.
Cuisinart CGG-180TB Petit Gourmet Portable Tabletop Gas Grill
An easy and straightforward portable gas grill with ample cooking space and a reasonable price range! It is a standalone grill which can be used by pulling out its leg maximum. As these legs can also be locked, there are almost no chances of its fall.
Considered as one of the lightest portable grills, 145 square inches of the cooking surface is provided. Heavy cast iron is used to make the grates which evenly disperse the heat across the cooking area. Porcelain coating over these grates makes it easy to clean.
Standard 1 propane disposable bottles are required making it viable for camping and outing.
- It does not involve high running costs.
- Cast-Iron grates to enhance the smoky flavor.
- Very easy to maintain and clean.
- Sturdy design to accentuate the looks of your backyard.
- No assembly required.
- It frequently gets very hot and becomes difficult to handle.
- Being low powered, it takes considerable time to cook.
- Stamped steel used in the outer shell is a threat to its durability.
Camp Chef Flat Top Grill 600 (FTG600)
It comes with a large surface area of 600 square inches making it the best option to feed large gatherings. The large griddle and the efficient heat-dispersing design makes it perfect for bacon, pancakes, veggies, sausage and even to boil water.
There are 4 stainless steel burners with 12000 BTU.An effective grease management system is provided to ensure easy cleaning and maintenance. Adjustable leg levelers allow you to set its height as required.
One of the best grill under $600, it comes with a matchless ignition. From cooking breakfast to other smaller delicate items, it is an ideal choice.
- It ensures even cooking across the surface area.
- Non-stick and ready to cook with the truly seasoned surface.
- Micro griddle adjusters are provided.
- Easy to remove griddle top.
- Four independent burners with more control over temperatures.
- Extended storage with two under-griddle shelves.
- Difficult to clean with griddle top and separate grates.
- Only two wheels make it difficult to drag to another location.
Pit Boss Grills 75275 Stainless Steel Two-Burner Portable Grill
A compact grill which can be easily taken away in a bag and ready to use by unfolding its legs. It comes with a dome thermometer which is very clear and easy to read. All you need is to click a button and the grill is flared up and ready to use.
There are two independently controlled 10000 BTU burners provided which helps to cook a varied variety of foods at the same time.Crafted from high-quality stainless steel, it is one of the durable portable grills with sleek looks. It comes with a propane tank connector.
- It comes with foldable legs.
- It is light-weight and can be easily transported.
- It comes with a large cooking space to cook multiple foods at the same time.
- Independent burners allow controlling the required temperatures.
- Propane connector is included with this grill.
- No temperature measurements are available to expect high and low.
Pit Boss Grills 75275 Stainless Steel Two-Burner Portable Grill
A portable burner which comes with a large cooking surface area and compact design which can suffice the cooking needs for two persons perfectly. Very light in weight, it is priced reasonably as compared to the incredible features it offers.
Made from high-quality stainless steel, it is as light as 27 lbs. The amazing 275 square inches allows cooking a dozen of hotdogs and burgers. Two separate dials are provided to control the temperature of two burners independently.
- The quality and features justify the pricing.
- One of the best grills for small gatherings and family.
- It allows regulating the temperatures as required with two independent burners.
- It comes with a propane connector.
- It offers a large cooking space to cook varieties of food.
- Light in weight and compact in size.
- Temperature measurement facility is not available.
Char-Broil Classic 360 3-Burner Liquid Propane Gas Grill
If you are looking for the best gas grill in the low to mid-price range, it is one of the options to be considered. With its clever outdoor cooking design, it offers 545 square inches of cooking area as 380 square inches of primary and 174 square inches of secondary.
Three stainless steel tubular burners are provided to produce a heating power of 36000 BTU. A durable porcelain steel lid and the firebox are provided and cooking grates are made from porcelain-coated wire. Independent temperature controls are provided to all the three burners.
A hidden room for propane tank is also provided.
- Easy to clean due to porcelain coating over cooking grates.
- Preparation space is provided on the fixed side shelves.
- Steel sheet metal body with plastic side tables.
- To ensure quick start-ups, Piezo push button is provided.
- Even heat and low flare up with three tubular burners.
- An inexpensive grill considered best for the low-cost price range.
- Plastic shelves provided hinder the durability.
- The low-grade plastic wheel makes it look cheap.
Royal Gourmet Event 8-Burner BBQ Propane Gas Grill for Party
It comes with 8 stainless steel burners which produce a total of 104,000 BTU with 13000 BTU by each burner. The even distribution of flames makes it a perfect choice for your picnics and outdoor events.
To protect the grilling, a built-in folding windscreen is provided. The electronic ignition system ensures a reliable spark at every push. Two side tables are provided to ensure an additional working space.
Heavy-duty shelves are provided with enough storage space to store the accessories. The huge cooking surface of this grill makes it an ideal deal for large gatherings and event. Four lockable caster wheels beneath this grill make it portable to drag from one location to another.
- Easy to assemble.
- A heavy duty grill.
- Highly durable and built to last long.
- Perfect choice for large outdoor events.
- Accessories provided along the grill are made up of plastic.
Monument Grills Clearview Lid 4 Burner with Side Sear Burner Propane Gas Grill
It comes with 4 stainless steel main burners and 723 square inches of cooking area to offer plenty of heat and space for large cooking requirements. Zinc coated grease tray is provided to ensure easy cleaning.
To monitor the temperature within the grill, a built-in center mounted thermometer is provided. An enclosed cart easily hides the LP tank. One side burner and one side sear burner are provided with easy ignition to deliver a total heat up to 72,000 BTU.
A blue LED backlit helps you to operate it in the dark zones. Heavy duty caster wheels add convenient portability to it.
- 8 years of manufacturer warranty is provided.
- Porcelain-coated Cast Iron grill grade for extended durability.
- Four castor grill wheel make it easy to move from one place to another.
- It comes with the tool holder, heat thermometer, warming rack, and enclosed cabinet.
- A large cooking surface to suffice large gathering.
- Inappropriate packaging leads to damaged or dented grill delivery as complained by several customers.
Bull Outdoor Products 26038 Liquid Propane Outlaw Drop-In Grill Head
This grill comes with solid stainless steel burners. It also comes with 5-years of warranty on the grates and firebox while 2-years of warranty on the burners.
With its 60,000 BTU and solid stainless steel grates, it is one of the ideal choices for the beginners to provide massive cooking power to an outdoor kitchen. Zinc knobs and Piezo igniters are provided for each burner.
Solid stainless steel grilling grates ensure durability to the product.
- Four efficient porcelain-coated cooking burners.
- Piezo igniters are provided along with every valve.
- Each burner produces 15000 BTU leading to 60,000 BTU.
- Two years warranty by the manufacturer.
- A 210 square inch warming rack.
- Large cooking surface to cook different food at one time.
- Sloppy shipping leads to damaged delivery at times.
- It is prone to rust if not kept in the dry places.
- At times, it is difficult to adjust the flames.
Bull Outdoor Products BBQ 47628 Angus 75,000 BTU Grill Head
With even heat distribution, the hot and cold spots are efficiently removed in this grill to allow the user to use the entire grilling area. You do not need any professional assistance for the installation purposes.
With its fast heating, you can ensure to cook a large amount of food as much as the surface area accommodates conveniently. Easy to light, it uplifts your grilling experience. The outlasting stainless steel burners offer the true value for the price you pay.
Overall it’s a well-built and sturdy grill, which offers durability and convenience.
- Long stainless steel handles for easy management.
- Under LP models, regulator and hose are included.
- CSA certified.
- Seamless welded edges for smooth operations.
- Handles and knobs are chrome coated which are prone to corrosion.
How to buy the best Propane Gas Grill – Buying Guide
As we briefed on the best propane grill with varied features, it is important to understand various aspects which guide your buying decision for them.
Aluminum, steel and the cast iron are some of the popular materials which are used in the construction of the propane gas grills. The price of each grill is highly dominant with the type of material used to make it.
If you have a stringent budget instead of focusing on the durability, consider the features which a grill boasts. If you are extensively using a griller, maybe several times a week, it is highly recommended to focus on the material used in its construction and choose with a liberal budget.
But if budget is a constrained, you can pick a small griller with good materials within the same price band.
Here are some of the prominent considerations which need to be laid before buying the best propane grill for you:
Size of the grill
It is the first and foremost consideration as different sizes are available for different requirements. If you have to cook for large gatherings frequently, it is recommended to look down for the large grills with larger cooking surfaces.
However, if you are planning to use it for small gatherings of family and friends, it is not judicious to invest in large grills as these grills come at a considerable price differential when compared to small grills.
The compatible accessories offered along with the gas grill make it a worthy deal to explore. Griddles, pizza stone, smoker boxes, etc are some of the accessories which are good to consider at slight price differential in the grills.
However, it is important to pick the ones which you are surely going to use else it will be a waste of money.
The construction, as well as the design of the burner, decides the efficiency of the grills. It is important that the grills must be provided with high-quality burner else you need to invest again and again in replacing these burners adding to the cost of your grill.
As these burners control the cooking environment of your grill, higher the number, better it is. Infrared burners are available in the premium grills which offer exceptional heat to appear sear marks and make your meat more appetizing.
With quick pre-heat times, juicer food and faster cooking, these type of burners come with several advantages but at a higher price as well.
Thickness & Cooking Grid Material
The material of the grill plays a crucial role in deciding its durability and efficiency. The thickness of the cooking grid is also important as these grids receive a lot of wear over its period of use. The thickness of grids is also responsible for better heat retention and longevity.
Back Up ignition
Although most of the grills have excellent primary ignition, you can also consider the backup ignition as an extra caution. It will avoid spoiling your parties with last minute first-hand ignition failure. Flash tube backup ignition is one of the premier options to choose.
Most of the grills under $500 come with good warranty deals from the manufacturer. However, it is important to consider the warranty period and judicial to spend more if you can avail higher warranty with almost the same features and construction quality.
Ranging from 2 to 10 years, there are also some manufacturers which offer lifetime warranties.
Situated between burners and cooking grids, flame tamers are essential to protect the burners from grease and drippings and vaporize them to produce a distinctive smoky effect which forms the core of grills.
Higher the coverage to these tamers, more you can expect the smoky flavors from your food. High-quality and heavy-gauge stainless steel tamers are considered best to make your grill perfect for smokey flavors.
Exterior and Interior Lighting
It is important to choose a gas grill with integrated lighting if your grilling plans are extended to late evenings and nights. No headlight or flashlight is required to see what is grilling. You can also look for the accent lighting on the control panels if looking for the grills under $1000 which illuminate the knobs and make it easy to use during the night.
Propane Gas FAQ’s
Is it safe to use the propane gas grill?
If your propane gas grill is used in the well-ventilated areas and completely shut after the use, it is extremely safe for the usage. You must adhere to the manufacturer’s instructions and keep it in a safe and accessible place to avoid an accident.
It must be completely cool down after the usage when the burners are turned off. Always keep the cylinder valve fully closed when not in operation. Before lighting the burner, always check for the gas leakage.
If you remain cautious and follow the precautions, it is absolutely safe to use a propane gas grill.
Are propane grills a healthy choice?
As charcoal grills emit double the carbon dioxide levels as compared to the gas grills, they pose a threat to the environment and to the health as well. Although the nutrient contents in your food are higher when cooked on the charcoal grill but it nullifies the benefits by producing a higher level of carbon dioxide levels.
As you font that much of smoky sear using a propane gas grill and does not require much cleanup, cooking up on a propane grill is preferred by the clean guys over the charcoal ones.
Can propane gas grills get converted to a natural gas grill?
Yes, you can do it by using a conversion kit. It is the safest way to convert a propane grill into a natural gas grill. Some propane grills come with necessary accessories which help the user to switch to natural gas grill easily.
Other liquid propane grills need removal of main burner and installation of natural gas orifices to make it a natural gas grill. A natural gas line is also required to connect with the existing propane gas and regulator. With this, you are all set to convert a propane gas grill to the natural gas grill.
So, what is the best propane grill?
A clear winner is solely dependent on the preferences and the budget of the user. Each feature comes with a price. You also need to decide on your grilling needs – frequent or short-term to find the best one for you.
However, even for the short-term purposes, it is important to invest in the quality make which adheres to the quality constructions to make it safe and healthy to use.