UPDATED: Jan 07, 2020.
If you own a cat, you might have an idea of how hard it is to deal with the spread of its litter. Even if your cat is the most disciplined in the neighborhood, its litter will get a way to scatter around the house. Due to this, you need to get the best rated vacuum cleaner for cat litter.
We have reviewed the top vacuum cleaners that will do wonders in vacuuming that little cat litter. Let’s dive to the review.
At a Glance: The 15 Best Discussed in Our Roundup Rated Vacuum Cleaners For Cat Litter:
- Kenmore 81214 Vacuum (Top Pick)
- Oreck Commercial Vacuum (Top Rated)
- Kenmore 81414 Vacuum (Editor Choice)
- Ovente ST2620B Vacuum
- Bissell Robot Vacuum Bundle
- LOZAYI Handheld Vacuum
- Audew Cordless Handheld Vacuum
- Shark SV780 Hand Vacuum
- Shark LV801 Handheld Vacuum
- iRobot Roomba 690 Robot Vacuum
- iRobot Roomba 675 Robot Vacuum
- iRobot Roomba 614 Robot Vacuum
- Shark ION F80 Vacuum
- Bissell PowerEdgeVacuum Bundle
- Bissell Swivel Rewind Vacuum Cleaner
- 1 Vacuum Cleaner for Cat Litter Review – 15 Best-Rated Models
- 1.1 1. Kenmore 81214 200 Series Vacuum
- 1.2 2. Oreck Commercial BB900DGR XL Vacuum
- 1.3 3. Kenmore 81414 400 Series Vacuum
- 1.4 4. Ovente ST2620B Vacuum
- 1.5 5. Bissell Robot and Hand Vacuum Bundle
- 1.6 6. LOZAYI 7KPA Handheld Vacuum
- 1.7 7. Audew Cordless Handheld Vacuum
- 1.8 8. Shark SV780 Hand Vacuum
- 1.9 9. Shark LV801 Handheld Vacuum
- 1.10 10. iRobot Roomba 690 Robot Vacuum
- 1.11 11. iRobot Roomba 675 Robot Vacuum
- 1.12 12. iRobot Roomba 614 Robot Vacuum
- 1.13 13. Shark ION F80 Vacuum
- 1.14 14. Bissell PowerEdge and Hand Vacuum Bundle
- 1.15 15. Bissell Cleanview Swivel Rewind Vacuum Cleaner
- 2 Best Type of Vacuum Cleaner for Cat Litter
- 3 In Conclusion
Vacuum Cleaner for Cat Litter Review – 15 Best-Rated Models
Below are the 16 best-rated models of vacuum cleaner that will clean that cat mess in your house.
1. Kenmore 81214 200 Series Vacuum
This is a bagged canister vacuum that is designed to vacuum all surfaces and areas of your home, garage, car, den, or kitchen efficiently and quickly. It comes with a HEPA filter system that traps up to 99.97% of dander, dust, and debris inside the cleaner.
Another thing about the cleaner is the 2-motor system that provides strong suction power. Besides, it has 4 height adjustments to provide optimal airflow and superb efficiency for all surfaces.
At about 20 pounds, this model is lightweight and easy to maneuver around.
- Great attachments
- Convenient cleaning transitions
- HEPA filter system
- Corded vacuum cleaner
2. Oreck Commercial BB900DGR XL Vacuum
BB900DGR features a shoulder strap as well as an integrated handle that allows you to carry it around with ease. Its 4-amp, 2-stage bypass motor is powerful than normal motors found in other vacuum cleaners.
Besides, the unit has an adjustable extension wand that you can attach to its 4-foot hose to enable you to reach further distance. You may use it to clean ceiling fans, overhead vents, and any large space.
You can use it to clean carpet, edges, small spaces, hard surfaces, stairs, and upholstery.
- Weighs just 5 pounds
- Comes with a long 30 feet cord
- Vacuums different surfaces
- Parts are of poor quality
3. Kenmore 81414 400 Series Vacuum
The Kenmore 81414 comes with a detachable handle that makes it ideal for cleaning car interior, right space, and furniture. You can use it to clean all surfaces and areas of your home without much hassle.
It also boasts of triple HEPA filter system that allows you to trap 99.97% of litter, debris, dander, and other allergy-causing pollutants. Another feature of the model is its lightweight nature, weighing just 20 pounds.
Moreover, it comes with 4 height adjustments that offer optimal airflow for optimal cleaning efficiency.
- Retractable Cord
- Perfect for bare floor
- Improved HEPA filter
- It is a bit heavy
4. Ovente ST2620B Vacuum
You don’t have to vacuum one spot more than once if you get the Ovenet ST2620B. It can suck all the dust on your hardwood floors, rugs, and other areas. Besides, it is lightweight and small, making it easy to move around the house.
The model can save energy thanks to its great control. It also has a 12-month warranty that covers any premature defect. It also comes with great attachments such as a furniture nozzle, a bristle and crevice brush, a sofa/pet brush, as well as a multi-angle brush.
- Able to vacuum hard-to-reach areas
- Saves you energy
- Able to collect fine dust
- Wheels don’t work well
5. Bissell Robot and Hand Vacuum Bundle
The triple action cleaning system of this unit combines with dual edge brushes, powerful suction, and rotating brush roll to clean debris and pet hair on the floor. It can clean even the tightest of corners and edges.
What’s more, you can set it to clean your floor automatically while you are away. This model uses a lithium-ion battery that provides sufficient power for cleaning your entire house.
- Remove pet hair and dirt
- Uses battery
- Cleans every corner
- Battery won’t last long
6. LOZAYI 7KPA Handheld Vacuum
This is a portable vacuum cleaner that comes with 4 attachments to help you clean all the floors in your home. It is also among the most flexible vacuums on the market today thanks to its lightweight nature.
The design of the unit was made to ensure that you get comfortable when using the cleaner. You can also depend on the unit to offer sufficient power for cleaning even the toughest messes.
It uses a lithium-ion battery that offers up to 30 minutes of continues cleaning. To assure you of its quality, the manufacturer offers you a 12 months warranty.
- Comes with a limited warranty
- Very comfortable to use
- A lightweight model
- A bit costly
7. Audew Cordless Handheld Vacuum
Audew Cordless allows you free navigations from one room to the other, without the hassle of tangled cords. It is ergonomically and lightweight design, which means that you will feel comfortable when cleaning.
You can easily collect pet hair and dust off your kitchen and car quickly and easily. It comes with a high-quality lithium battery that recharges within 3 hours and provides power for up to 30 minutes.
Quiet operation, the model produces 80 dB of noise while still providing enough power to suck dirt.
- Hushed operation
- Washable filter
- For wet and dry conditions
- Easily breakdown
8. Shark SV780 Hand Vacuum
Shark SV780 is among the most powerful cordless handheld vacuum on the market today. It provides deep cleaning ability thanks to a detachable motorized brush for easy and quick cleanups of ground-in dirt and pet hair.
It is also light; making it ideal for your RV, boat, car, and home use. Besides, it offers the versatility of a motorized brush, crevice tool, direct suction, and dusting brush option.
Thus, it can be sure that you will have an easy time when cleaning all the surfaces. There is also a washable and detachable filter.
- Offers deep cleaning ability
- Provides versatility
- Washable filter
- Poor customer service
9. Shark LV801 Handheld Vacuum
This is a powerful cordless vacuum cleaner that you can easily hold with your hand when vacuuming your home. It gets its power from a lithium-ion battery that allows it to run for about 30 minutes.
The model is recommended for cleaning all kinds of surfaces, including carpets and hardwood floors. Thanks to the twister suction technology, the model has strong suction power that can remove even the toughest of dirt.
Another feature of this handheld vacuum is the detachable motorized pet brush that makes it the right product for removing cat hair and ground dirt from seats, mats, and upholstery.
Besides, it has a crevice tool that you can use to clean the hard-to-reach areas and a direct suction setting for faster cleaning of all surfaces. It is also a portable model due to its lightweight nature.
- Highly portable
- Huge dust cup
- Strong suction
- Battery dies fast
10. iRobot Roomba 690 Robot Vacuum
The sleek, premium design of the Roomba 690 complements your house décor, making it a great addition to your home. It has 2 virtual wall barrier that ensures your robot cleaner doesn’t hit the walls when cleaning.
Another feature of the unit is the 3-stage cleaning system that ensures your surfaces are thoroughly cleaned. It also offers dual multi-surface brushes that pick up all dirt, including pet litter and fine debris.
The model also boasts of patented dirt detect sensors that alert the cleaner to work harder on high traffic area such as pathways. It also features full suite intelligent sensors that guide the cleaner around and under furniture to help clean your surface thoroughly.
It runs for about 1½ hours before it automatically stops to recharge. Other features of the unit include Wi-Fi connectivity, auto-adjust cleaning head, and edge-sweeping brush.
- up to 90 minutes of cleaning
- Great features
- You can operate it away from home
- Some attachments stop working
11. iRobot Roomba 675 Robot Vacuum
iRobot robot vacuums have proven to offer an extended duration when cleaning your surface, and this is no exception with Roomba 675. It is compatible with the iRobot Home App that you can use to activate it when you are away to clean for up to 90 minutes.
The model features a 3-stage cleaning system that loosens, lifts, and sucks hair, dust, and dirt from carpet and hard floors. Just like its 690 model sister, the 675 model comes with dual multi-surface brushes that run together to grab large debris, dust, and dirt.
Furthermore, this unit comes with an auto-adjust cleaning head that automatically alters its height to clean both the hard and carpet floors effectively. A full suite of sensors allows the vacuum to navigate around and under objects such as furniture and others.
The model also boasts of edge-sweeping brush that is well designed to sweep at a 27-degree angle to ensure that all pet messes are removed from corners and edges.
- Wi-Fi connectivity
- Auto-adjust cleaning head
- Smart navigation ability
- Takes long to recharge
12. iRobot Roomba 614 Robot Vacuum
This is yet another robotic vacuum cleaner from iRobot that will clean all your surfaces. It features a 3-stage cleaning system that allows it to loosen, lift, and suction dirt and litter from all your floors with ease.
Another awesome thing of the machine is the dual multi-surface brushes that work together to collect messes from your surfaces. Besides, it has an auto-adjust cleaning head that automatically changes the height to clean hard floors and carpets effectively.
The unit can run for 90 minutes when fully recharged, and the battery recharges fast. It is also able to clean the edges, where dust might be hiding, thanks to its 27-degree cleaning ability.
- Dirt detect sensors
- Auto docking and recharge
- Able to clean corners
- More expensive
13. Shark ION F80 Vacuum
The Shark ION F80 is a powerful cordless vacuum cleaner that removes everyday pet hair, debris, and dirt in high-traffic areas. It offers a maximum of 80 minutes when fully recharged and comes with 2 batteries.
Another feature of the model is the 2X ION Power Pack System that includes a charging dock and the lithium-ion batteries. What is even better is that the batteries are removable.
MultiFlex technology allows convenient under objects reach and compact, freestanding storage.
- 2 removable batteries
- Able to clean under objects
- Able to clean pet mess
- Small dirt holder
14. Bissell PowerEdge and Hand Vacuum Bundle
The unit has a V-shape design that directs large dirt into the middle of the suction path, while the ends collect small and fine debris and pet hair. It can clean around objects legs to ensure a thoroughly cleaned house.
It also boasts of a motorized brush tool that can remove more embedded pet hair and dirt from your floor. The vacuum uses a lithium-ion battery that offers it about 30 minutes of cleaning power.
It is also a lightweight model that you can carry around your home with ease.
- Saves power
- V-shape design for complete cleaning
- Very light model
- Needs to recharge regularly
15. Bissell Cleanview Swivel Rewind Vacuum Cleaner
The Clearview comes with a triple action brush roll that cleans your surfaces 3x better compared to other vacuum cleaners. It also boasts of scatter free tech that maximizes hair collection, even if it is embedded.
This unit is recommended for cleaning bare floors, sealed hard floors, area rugs, low pile carpet, stairs, and pet beds. It features a wide cleaning path of 13.5 inches, and you can easily adjust its height settings to suit your specific needs.
The 27 feet power cord can rewind automatically for easy and quick storage. Edge to edge cleaning ensures that the model gets closer to corners and walls with every pass.
- A wide cleaning path
- Edge to edge cleaning
- Able to adjust the height
- A bit heavy
Best Type of Vacuum Cleaner for Cat Litter
There are different types of cat litter vacuum cleaners that you will find on the market today.
- Canister vacuum – This vacuum enables you to clean shelves, stairs, and other hidden areas where the cat likes to litter. It comes with a dirt canister, a motor, and a separate powerhead. This makes it lightweight.
- Upright vacuum – This model can work with the canister, head, and other features attached. It is easier to store than a canister model.
- Handheld vacuum – A handheld device is a small vacuum that you can store with ease. You can use it to clean a small area.
- Stick vacuum – This type of vacuum is portable and slim. It is ideal for a person who doesn’t want to invest in a heavy machine.
- Robotic vacuum – You set it to clean the house even when you are not around. This can be effective for a person who is allergic to cat litter.
- Wet/dry vacuum – It can clean both dry and wet messes and can deal with fine dust, nails, glass, and other materials.
The best rated vacuum cleaners for cat litter will get your floor clean by removing all pet messes from your surfaces. We have reviewed only the best models on the market today to give you an easy time when choosing one.