UPDATED: Mar 07, 2020.
You might understand how hard it is to clean long hair from your carpet or even hardwood floor. It usually tangled around a vacuum cleaner brush, making it hard to get rid of. Even worse, it becomes a huge issue if it starts to build up around the vacuum cleaner.
Luckily, there are models of vacuum cleaners that are specifically made to clean long hair. These are the units that you should get to avoid performance issues during the cleaning process.
Choosing the right model can, however, be difficult because most units claim to deliver that. To make it easier, we have reviewed the best rated vacuum cleaners for long hair that you can find on the market today.
At a Glance: Our Top Recommendations for Best Rated Vacuum Cleaners For Long Hair:
- Eureka NEU180B Vacuum Cleaner (Top Rated)
- Eureka NEU182A Vacuum Cleaner (Top Pick)
- Shark NV501 Vacuum Cleaner (Editor Choice)
- Bissell CleanView 95957 Vacuum
- Shark NV352 Vacuum
- Shark NV356E Navigator Vacuum
- Bissell CleanView Vacuum Cleaner
- BLACK+ DECKER Vacuum Cleaner
- Shark AZ1002 APEX Vacuum
- Shark NV752 Rotator Vacuum
- Dyson Ball Multi Floor Vacuum Cleaner
- Oreck Commercial XL XL2100RHS
- Hoover FH40160PC Vacuum Cleaner
- Roomie Tec Cordless Vacuum
- Kenmore 31140 Vacuum Cleaner
- 1 15 Vacuum Cleaners for Long Hair – Best-Rated Reviewed
- 1.1 1. Eureka NEU180B Vacuum Cleaner
- 1.2 2. Eureka NEU182A Vacuum Cleaner
- 1.3 3. Shark NV501 Vacuum Cleaner
- 1.4 4. Bissell CleanView 95957 Vacuum
- 1.5 5. Shark NV352 Vacuum
- 1.6 6. Shark NV356E Navigator Vacuum
- 1.7 7. Bissell CleanView Swivel Vacuum Cleaner
- 1.8 8. BLACK+ DECKER BDASL202 Vacuum Cleaner
- 1.9 9. Shark AZ1002 APEX Vacuum
- 1.10 10. Shark NV752 Rotator Vacuum
- 1.11 11. Dyson Ball Multi Floor Vacuum Cleaner
- 1.12 12. Oreck Commercial XL XL2100RHS
- 1.13 13. Hoover FH40160PC Vacuum Cleaner
- 1.14 14. Roomie Tec Cordless Vacuum
- 1.15 15. Kenmore 31140 Vacuum Cleaner
- 2 How to Maintain a Vacuum Cleaner for Long Hair
- 3 Final Verdict
15 Vacuum Cleaners for Long Hair – Best-Rated Reviewed
Here are the 15 best-rated vacuum cleaners that will get rid of long hair from your home.
1. Eureka NEU180B Vacuum Cleaner
Its versatility is made possible by the 5 height adjustment settings that you can easily make. The unit weighs just 10 pounds, meaning that you can carry it around your home with ease.
The unit also comes with a 2.6L dust cup that ensures you vacuum more with less emptying. The unit comes equipped with an extra-long crevice tool, upholstery tool, and dust brush that you can easily store onboard.
- No maintenance cost
- XL dust cup
- Easy to carry around
- Less suction power
2. Eureka NEU182A Vacuum Cleaner
Another vacuum cleaner that will do justice when collecting long hair is the NEU182A from Eureka. This is a powerful cleaner that comes with a dynamic motor and brush roll that lifts even the stubborn mess.
Besides, it has a wide nozzle that cleans your surfaces faster – saving you time and the hassle of cleaning. This model also weighs 1o pounds and is easy to maneuver around your home when cleaning.
Another great feature is the 5 height adjustment that you can set to clean shag rug, carpets, hard floors, and other surfaces. One thing that makes the unit unique is the wheels that make it easier to move on floors without destroying them.
- 4.1L dust cup
- Comes with great wheels
- Won’t damage the floor
- Wheels are a bit small
3. Shark NV501 Vacuum Cleaner
Shark NV501 is known for its anti-allergen ability that traps up to 99.9% of allergens and dust in your house. This is possible due to the HEPA filter and the anti-allergen complete seal technology that keep the dirt inside.
Another great feature of the model is the swivel steering that comes with LED headlights to ensure superb control. Thus, you can easily maneuver it around furniture without worrying about anything.
Its 8.4 feet hose length is long enough to allow you to reach every corner of your rooms. The unit also has an XL-capacity dust cup that will enable you to continue cleaning for long hours.
- Advanced swivel steering
- Anti-allergen ability
- Easy to move around
- Slightly less durable
4. Bissell CleanView 95957 Vacuum
Bissell 95957 boasts of OnePass technology that is powerful enough to clean your floor faster. It features the latest brush that ensures your surface is clean with that single pass.
To make it even better, the unit uses a multi-cyclonic suction ability that helps to deep clean your floor. Its lightweight design makes it easier to push and also carry around the home when cleaning.
The vacuum has a large dirt bin that requires less emptying to give you more time for cleaning. It also features a turbo brush tool for upholstery, furniture, stairs, and more.
- Washable filter
- Cleans in one-pass
- Super suction power
- A corded model
5. Shark NV352 Vacuum
This model is on the heavy side of vacuum cleaners, weighing around 125 pounds. However, it is still light enough to allow you to carry it around with accessible from one room to the other.
It boasts of an anti-allergen complete seal tech as well as a HEPA filter that traps up to 99.9% of allergens and dust inside the machine. It is the perfect model for people with allergies and places with long hair.
The unit boasts of a wide pet upholstery tool that will enable you to clean pet hair with ease. It also has a brush roll that is gentle on your floor and able to clean your carpet deep.
- Swivel steering ability
- Gentle on floors
- Easily clean hard-to-reach areas
- No pet power brush
The Shark NV356E comes with a washable filter that you should wash every 3 months to ensure adequate home vacuuming. It also comes with Brush Roll that provides gentle cleaning of all surfaces and deep cleans the carpet.
This model is lightweight, weighing 137 pounds, meaning that you can work with it for long without feeling tired. However, it is not the lightest model out there today.
Like all other great vacuum cleaners, this unit comes with a HEPA filter that collects up to 99.9% of allergens and dust inside the canister. It is also able to clean all out-of-reach surfaces due to its unique construction.
- Washable filters
- Powerful suction power
- Traps 99.9% of allergens
- Slightly heavy
7. Bissell CleanView Swivel Vacuum Cleaner
The edge to edge cleaning ability of Bissell CleanView makes it a great model for cleaning every room. It can clean corners and walls to ensure that your home is spotless.
It also boasts of swiveling steering technology that makes it easier to clean around obstacles and furniture with every pass. The unit comes with a long 27 feet power cord that automatically rewinds for easy and quick storage.
One notable thing of this model is the specialized pet tools like pet turbo eraser and per hair corner. It also allows you to enjoy 5 different settings for cleaning bare floors, sealed hard floors, pet beds, area rugs, and carpet.
- Long power cord
- Edge to edge cleaning ability
- Recommended for pet owners
- The filter needs to be replaced
8. BLACK+ DECKER BDASL202 Vacuum Cleaner
BLACK+DECKER BDASL202 weighs 8.8 pounds, making it an easy to carry and store model. It prides itself of swivel steering ability that offers it with maximum maneuverability around corners and other obstacles.
Another feature of the unit is the large dust cup of 2L that collects dust for many hours before needing emptying. You can continue to use your unit for hours without worrying about it getting full.
Its handle is well-designed to ensure that you work with the unit for hours without feeling tired. It also offers superb suction power and doesn’t need any maintenance.
- Recyclable filters
- No maintenance cost
- Operates for hours
- Requires a power source
9. Shark AZ1002 APEX Vacuum
Shark AZ1002 offers ultimate cleaning ability thanks to the DuoClean ability that lifts away from the dirt with ease. It also boasts of brush roll system that directly engages surfaces for a polished look and deep-cleans the carpets.
You can easily detach the canister to reach further, where other vacuum cleaners cannot reach. Hence, you can clean under the furniture with ease to ensure that your entire house is immaculate.
Besides, the vacuum cleaner can clean itself to avoid unnecessary cleaning that would waste your time. It also features advanced anti-allergen complete seal tech and HEPA filter.
- Detachable canister
- Able to clean itself
- Easy to move around
- It takes time to remove the canister
10. Shark NV752 Rotator Vacuum
This is yet another model that comes with a detachable canister to allow it to deep-clean all hard-to-access areas. It can deliver the same power as most vacuum cleaners out there even when the canister is detached.
Another feature of the unit is the HEPA filter, which together with Anti-allergen complete seal tech, trap allergens and dust inside the cleaner. You don’t need to worry about the dust getting back to the floor even if you fail to empty the dust cup.
Speaking of the dust cup, the model has an XL dust cup that takes in more dust to minimize the emptying frequency. Fingertip controls of the unit enable you to switch from carpet to hard floor mode easily.
- Carpet and hardwood mode
- Huge dust cup
- Traps in allergen and dirt
- Not for wet conditions
11. Dyson Ball Multi Floor Vacuum Cleaner
Dyson Ball Multi Floor Vacuum Cleaner offers unrivaled cleaning power that removes even the toughest of dirt. It is easy to maneuver on all surfaces, including hardwood and carpet.
The unit also has a self-adjusting cleaner head that enables it to vacuum tile, vinyl, wood, and carpet floors. Its suction power uses 250W, and it can reach a distance of 40 feet.
Another great feature of the unit is the radial root cyclone tech that collects the smallest of dust on the floor. It is also a hygiene model that lets you empty the bin with a push of a button.
- Lightweight model
- Empty the dust without touching
- Perfect for various floors
- Not quite durable
12. Oreck Commercial XL XL2100RHS
This is an upright vacuum with the ability to clean a path of 12 inches to ensure that you clean more with every pass. It is ideal for cleaning low pile carpets and takes up minimal space when storing it.
Lightweight enough, you can use the unit for hours without feeling tired. Its design also contributes to its comfort thanks to the fantastic handle. It weighs around 8.2 pounds.
It also comes with a brush roll that offers 6,500 rpm to remove even the toughest of messes on your floor. The model has been shown to last for years and comes with a long term warranty.
- Offers high revolution
- Easy to use
- No maintenance needed
- Filters need to be replaced
13. Hoover FH40160PC Vacuum Cleaner
This model can scrub tough messes and be gentle on your floor to avoid scratching it. It also features dual tanks that store more dust than standard vacuum cleaners out there today.
The vacuum was made to enable easy, effective, and quick cleaning on marble, vinyl, tile, granite, acrylic, wood, and laminate floor. It can deep clean and quickly remove stubborn messes such as grime and dirt from hardwood surfaces.
This model is recommended for use in high traffic places.
- Able to deal with tough messes
- Comes with two tanks
- Cleans various floors
- Requires maintenance
14. Roomie Tec Cordless Vacuum
You can easily switch from a handheld to an upright stick vacuum cleaner with a simple touch of a button. It is perfect for cleaning debris and dust from stairs, car interiors, soft furnishings, and other places.
With 2x individual high power, the unit offers excellent dust collection ability on tile, floor, and carpet. Another great thing about the model is the long-lasting battery that offers up to 23 minutes of cleaning power.
- Easily switch between upright and handheld model
- Perfect for all floors
- Comes with a durable battery
- Requires to be recharged regularly
15. Kenmore 31140 Vacuum Cleaner
Kenmore 31140 can remove dust, pet hair, and other debris from your floors with ease. You can use it on your den, kitchen, home, and any other floor you need to be cleaned.
The model boasts of air driven turbine that spins the roller brush to remove even the toughest of dirt. Besides, the model can trap up to 99.7% of dust and allergen into the dirt holder.
You might also be excited to learn that it is a lightweight model that you can carry around with ease. It is also durable enough to last you for a couple of years.
- Traps allergens
- Easy to carry around
- Durable model
- Slightly low quality
How to Maintain a Vacuum Cleaner for Long Hair
Your vacuum cleaner for long hair works hard to remove all the hairs from your house and leave it clean. What you might not know is that you need to maintain your vacuum cleaner.
This is how you can maintain your vacuum cleaner.
- Replace your vacuum cleaner’s bag regularly – This is the easiest thing you can do when maintaining your long hair vacuum cleaner. Your unit won’t work effectively when it is full of hair.
- Attach the bag properly – You might assume that this is an easy task, but it isn’t. Wrong attachment means that the long hair will leak out and block your vacuum cleaner.
- Empty the bins regularly – By now you understand that not all vacuum cleaners come with a bag – some come with a bin (bagless units). Don’t let the bin be full of hair.
- Clean the brush roll – This roll can attract hair over time and you should ensure it remain cleans by washing it. Simply remove the trapped materials.
- Check the belt – The next thing you should check after cleaning the brush roll is the belt. It attaches the brush roll at the right place.
- Check the hoses and filters – Ensure that you clean the filters regularly to keep them in top condition. Also, clean the hose and see that there are no trapped hairs.
Choosing the best rated vacuum cleaners for long hair can be a challenge. But if you choose any of the models we have reviewed above, you can be assured that you will get value for your money.