Looking for the best small hot tub brand 2020? Read further to discover the top rated products in the segment based on price, features, size and choice of materials. With this review, it will be easier to make your purchasing decision.
- 1 Quick Reviews of The Top 6 Best Small Hot Tubs on the Market
- 1.1 1. Hudson Bay Spas 19 jet 110v
- 1.2 2. Aquarest Plug and Play Waterfall Small Hot Tub for 2 People
- 1.3 3. American Hot Tub Spas with 28 jets Triangle
- 1.4 4. Hudson Bay 3 Person 14 jet Spas with Stainless Steel Jets
- 1.5 5. QCA Spas Model Sirius OH SM 2 Person Oval Tub with 16 jets and 1 KW Heater
- 1.6 6. QCA Spas Model 0 Gemini Plug and Play Hot Tub
- 2 FAQS
- 3 Conclusion
Quick Reviews of The Top 6 Best Small Hot Tubs on the Market
If you really want to get the best bang for your buck, don’t miss out on the quick reviews of the six top selling hot tubs on the market as we’ll discuss the pros and cons of each model. One of these will definitely fit your bill.
1. Hudson Bay Spas 19 jet 110v
Hudson Bay spas bring you the best small hot tub that promises a lot of comfort and pleasure in your backyard. The standard features on the Hudson Bay tub include beautiful stainless steel jets, 7 LED color mood lighting and comfort jets for reaching the different parts of your body. With the inclusion of reinforced ABS base and maintenance free synthetic cabinetry, the unit is able to last for a long time. This means that you get a lot of value for money by going for this product.
- Comes with a long GFCI 110v electrical cord
- Digital display and controls
- High performance with low energy consumption
- Acrylic shell with multiple layers of fiberglass reinforcement
- Durable construction that lasts for a long time
- Warranty covers the product for 1 year
- Capacity does not feel as spacious as described
- The construction has some squeaks
2. Aquarest Plug and Play Waterfall Small Hot Tub for 2 People
Aquarest 2 person’s hot tub comes with a dry weight of 232 lbs. in addition; the unit fits 2 people in the bucket loungers and has dimensions of 80 by 68 by 31 inches. The pump on the Aquarest plug and play small hot tub has two speed settings that enable you to choose the one that brings you comfort. And to deliver the best bathing effect, the hot tub is fitted with 20 stainless steel hydrotherapy jets. All that water passes through a 100% filtration system that removes all the dirt and particles in the water. To beautify your house, you have a multicolor, Led light waterfall system. This sends colored rays throughout the room.
- 2 person bucket loungers
- Dimension of 80 by 68 by 31 inches
- Has a capacity of 160 gallons
- 20 stainless steel jets
- Comes with a deluxe cover
- Construction not as solid as you would expect
- Costly when compared to other small hot tubs
3. American Hot Tub Spas with 28 jets Triangle
You can sit back and relax as you enjoy the triangular small hot tub from American spas. The manufacturer incorporated innovative technology, great design and affordable materials when coming up with this product. The two person triangular hot tub offers 28 jets that are properly designed to deliver amazing performance and tantalizing effects. This is especially since it is connected to a 5.5 KW pump that is not only powerful, but also very quiet.
- Has a 5.5kw heavy duty heater that works wonders on heating water. As soon as you switch it on, the heater begins to warm water
- Has space for 2 people
- Fitted with stainless steel hydrotherapy jets that improve your experience in the hot tub
- Hydroclear Ozonater cleans the water. This system uses active ozone bubbles to clean, clear and sanitize the water thereby reducing the need for occasional maintenance
- Reusable filters help in removing dirt particles from the water
- Very tall people may feel cramped in the hot tub
- Fairly expensive when compared to other similar products on the market
4. Hudson Bay 3 Person 14 jet Spas with Stainless Steel Jets
We cannot complete the list of the best small hot tub products without mentioning the Hudson Bay 3 person 14 jet hot tub. This is because the hot tub has a lot of goodies to offer to users. First, you have a 10 ft electrical cord that delivers power to the unit no matter where you decide to place it. As a result, you are able to enjoy the hot tub even if you do not have an electrical outlet in place. Also, you will find that the pump and heater consumes less energy. This not only reduces your expenses in terms of power consumption, but also is good for the environment as well.
- Dedicated 110v/20 amp electrical supply system
- Has digital balboa control system that enables a user to choose their settings with ease
- Low energy pump with an impressive performance
- White shell with mocha cabinets
- Durable construction that features fiberglass reinforcement.
- The space feels congested when being used by 3 people
- The cost of the hot tub is out of reach for many
5. QCA Spas Model Sirius OH SM 2 Person Oval Tub with 16 jets and 1 KW Heater
The Sirius hot tub is an impressive product from QCA that features an oval construction and great performance. With the right choice of materials and components, the manufacturer has been able to come up with a strong product that delivers in every aspect. The Sirius employs an eco boost system that taps heat generated by both the pump and motor before using it to heat up the water. On the other hand, the spa features a quiet but very powerful pump. This is important for it enables the unit to push water at a very high pressure.
- This unit plugs into any 120v wall outlet
- It comes with 15 ft GFCI protected cord
- 1.5 amp pump with stainless steel jets
- Features 1kw heater
- 12 v light system
- Dimensions of 91 by 42 by 29 inches
- Very heavy hot tub product
6. QCA Spas Model 0 Gemini Plug and Play Hot Tub
The Gemini plug and play hot tub is one of the most sought after hot tubs on the market. This is because the product has some amazing features that make it suitable to play its roles. First, you will find that the Gemini small hot tub readily plugs into 120v power outlet. This is helpful because it enables one to get power from a normal house outlet. And if you want to keep the unit far away from the source of power, you can easily do it as you are provided with a power cord that extends to up to 15 ft long. With a 1HP high flow pump, you will save a lot on power.
- Plug and play hot tub that plugs to 120v power outlet
- Comes with a 15 ft electrical cord
- Comes with two heating levels
- Features a heat recovery system
- 1 HP high flow pump
- Hot tub feels heavy for many
- It can be costly to get a new unit
Q: How much does it cost to install a hot tub?
A: The costs for installing a hot tub are dependent upon different variables. The type of hot tub you want, the size the material and design will play a major role in determining the installation costs. Generally, the cost for installing a bathtub will range between $5000 and $8000. The budget can go higher or lower than that and as we said, this is dependent on your needs, budget the hot tub of choice.
Q: What is the average weight of an empty hot tub?
A: There is no specific answer to this since manufacturers have different products that are made of different sizes and materials. However, we can do an average. A small hot tub that can hold only one our two people weighs about 500 lbs without water. In comparison, a larger hot tub that can fit 5 or six people can weigh 1000 lbs.
Q: What is the ideal temperature for a hot tub?
A: The most acceptable temperature for a hot tub is between 37 and 40 degrees Celsius. Although you can adjust the temperature in a hot tub to your preferences, most tubs on the market come set at this range.
Q: How long can you be in a hot tub?
A: You can be in a hot tub for as long as possible. However, the most generally acceptable timeframe is between 15 and 30 minutes at a time. If you are strong enough, you can extend this time to about 45 minutes. After that, you should take a break before returning to the tub again.
Q: How deep is a hot tub?
A: Hot tubs are usually 36 inches tall. Most of them come with a depth of about 31 inches when filled with water. Bigger hot tubs will not exceed a depth of over 36”.
We hope that the above guide helps you make the right decision on the purchase of the best small hot tubs brand. We chose the six because of their amazing features, durability as well as fair pricing. The Hudson bay spa can work for those with a small budget. However, if you are not limited to cash, you can go for the QCA sirius small hot tub that delivers better value.