Indoor grills offer the ultimate solution to having outdoor grill favor in foods cooked in the comfort of your own kitchen. This revolutionary way to grill has grown in popularity with many different models and manufacturers out there competing for a share in the market.
This guide helps identify the best smokeless indoor grills that would best suit your desired needs. Whether you require a smokeless indoor grill for steaks, for chicken or for having a Korean style BBQ we got you covered!
Table of Contents
- 1 The Very Best Smokeless Indoor Grills, 2019
- 1.1 George Foreman 4-Serving Removable Plate Grill and Panini Press
- 1.2 George Foreman 5-Serving Removable Plate Grill and Panini Press, Platinum
- 1.3 Cuisinart GR-4N 5-in-1 Griddler, Silver
- 1.4 Power Smokeless Grill with Tempered Glass Lid
- 1.5 BLACK+DECKER 3-in-1 Waffle Maker
- 1.6 Dash Mini Maker Portable Grill Machine + Panini Press
- 1.7 Aroma Housewares 3-in-1 Super Pot with Grill Plate, Black
- 1.8 Tayama Electric Grill, 15″ x 10″, Black
- 1.9 MegaChef Dual Surface Reversible Indoor Grill and Griddle
- 1.10 Chefman Electric Smokeless Indoor Grill
- 1.11 T-fal OptiGrill Stainless Steel Indoor Electric Grill
- 1.12 Swissmar Classic 8-Person Raclette, Black
- 1.13 Breville Smart Grill
- 2 Charcoal Smokers FAQ’s
The Very Best Smokeless Indoor Grills, 2019
A detailed review of each smokeless indoor grill focuses on their individual benefits and drawbacks and offers in-depth reviews of why they would be perfect additions to your kitchen or dining area.
George Foreman 4-Serving Removable Plate Grill and Panini Press
This product by George Foreman is a perfect little addition to your cooking range appliances. It is small enough to fit on your kitchen counter yet big enough to cook a 4-serving meal at a time. The sleek and compact design is not only visually appealing but easy to use and clean up after.
This grill requires little to no butter or oil during cooking and heats up food faster than average grills on the market. Its removable plates are dishwasher safe and are nonstick coated to enhance durability.
- Convenient for a small indoor kitchen
- Removes the need for excess butter/oil while cooking
- Removable plates are dishwasher safe
- Great value for money
- Extremely lightweight
- Aesthetically pleasing
- It does not include insulators on its sides
- The product may have durability issues after extensive use
George Foreman 5-Serving Removable Plate Grill and Panini Press, Platinum
George Foreman is always looking to speed up the cooking process. These grills heat up faster than other comparable grills on the market and are extremely easy to clean thanks to its removable plates.
The nonstick plates require no extra oil for cooking and the drip tray collects extra grease off the food keeping it low on fats. Although advertised as a 5-serving grill some say the cooking surface isn’t enough to cook 5 servings together. The ideal grill for steaks and chicken.
- Removable plates are easy to clean and use
- Small sized for indoor grilling
- Comes with a drip tray that collects excess grease
- Nonstick coating is free of chemicals
- Well within your budget
- Compact design and is easily portable
- The nonstick surface can peel off
- The cooking surface may not hold 5 servings at a time
Cuisinart GR-4N 5-in-1 Griddler, Silver
This is one of the better griddles on the market and its multi-functional design makes it a good bargain. Its reversible cooking plates give a full 200 square inch cooking surface all packaged in a compact design.
Whether open or close this Cuisinart Griddler is equipped with dual temperature controls ensuring perfectly cooked meals. It also comes with a floating hinge that allows the cover to adjust itself to the thickness of the food.
With 5 different cooking options, this all-in-one solution is really everything you need. Ideal for a Korean BBQ or grill some steak, vegetables or chicken in the comfort of your home.
- Versatile cooking plates offer 5 modes of cooking
- Sturdy and compact stainless body
- Easy to clean and use
- Reversible cover doubles cooking capacity
- Comes with dual temperature controls
- Comes with a detailed instruction manual
- Grease drain spout could have been larger
- Lacks in durability
Power Smokeless Grill with Tempered Glass Lid
Investing in a smokeless indoor grill saves you from the discomfort of grilling outdoors. The Power Smokeless grill comes with a built-in fan that sucks out all the smoke making it the most smoke-free grill for indoors. It even comes with a glass lid that contains extra smoke inside.
The extra-large cooking surface and interchangeable plates can accommodate a good amount of food serving and give you a variety of cooking options. The removable parts can easily be cleaned in the dishwasher, however, there is space available to store the parts in.
- Interchangeable grill and griddle plates
- Built-in fan to extract smoke
- Large cooking surface
- Removable parts are easy to clean
- Comes with a see-through glass lid
- On the expensive side
- The fan quit working for most customers
- No additional space to store the parts
Hamilton Beach Electric Indoor Searing Grill with Removable Plates
The Hamilton indoor grill is an open style grill that perfectly replicates an outdoor grilling experience minus the smoke. The cooking area on this is big enough for 4 medium sized servings yet the design is compact enough to fit in your kitchen.
The food cooked on this grill tastes close to the ones grilled on an outdoor open flame grill. The large drip tray, the hood and the plates are all removable and easy to clean. Along with great heat retention, the lid is designed to fit larger thicker food items without pressing them down.
For the price, this grill is an ultimate choice for everyone who fancies grills.
- Extra-large drip tray
- Removable parts are easy to clean
- Lightweight and portable
- Easy to grip handle
- Adjustable temperature – up to 11 settings
- Comes with a short cord
BLACK+DECKER 3-in-1 Waffle Maker
This waffle maker is a complete package. From breakfast to lunch to dinner it can make, grill and griddle a variety of your favorite meals. All you have to do is switch between the non-sticking removable plates.
This grill is big enough to easily entertain large gatherings. The 180-degree hinge allows you to lay the lid flat doubling the cooking area. Since most of the oil runs off in the side channels these plates are easy to clean without a dishwasher.
- Hood opens flat for dual cooking space
- Removable nonstick plates
- Can serve a large group of people
- Very affordable
- Gives versatile cooking options
- Lightweight and compact
- Plates are not dishwasher safe
- Limited temperature control options
- Some users complained of uneven cooking
Dash Mini Maker Portable Grill Machine + Panini Press
This mini waffle maker by Dash is not only a waffle maker. It can make a variety of single serving dishes in no time. Using this mini machine is very simple, just plug it in. This appliance is so small it can fit in tight spaces and can compliment any kitchen decor.
Thanks to its sleek design and variety of colors, this machine can be a great gift on a budget. So if you’re someone who loves mini treats throughout the day this little waffle maker is an ideal choice.
- Amazon’s choice for Dash mini waffle maker
- Very affordable
- Incredibly lightweight and compact
- Easy to install and use
- Sleek design and color
- Multi-purpose waffle maker
- Too small to cook bigger food items
- Does not come with grease drainage
- Makes one waffle at a time
Aroma Housewares 3-in-1 Super Pot with Grill Plate, Black
This grill plate cum hot-pot is a 3-in-1 indoor grill that lets you steam, simmer, grill or slow cook food for your entire family in a single pot. It is a large 10-inch pot that can easily accommodate a 5-serving meal.
You can use this machine to cook nearly anything, be it chicken, vegetables, soup or steak. The temperature can be adjusted up to 450-degree Fahrenheit. It is easy to use, clean and store. For the price, this appliance is a great bargain for its functionality.
- Large and deep pot
- Great for slow cooking
- The see-through lid retains heat within
- Versatility in cooking
- Adjustable temperature knob
- Easy to clean
- Customers have reported damages to the surface
- Comes with a short cable
Tayama Electric Grill, 15″ x 10″, Black
If you’re looking for a simple, easy to use indoor grill then this electric grill by Tamaya might be your best option. For the price, this grill is fairly large in size which gives you ample cooking space so you can cook multiple items at a time.
The slide-out drip tray can easily be washed in the dishwasher making maintenance easier. With such simple functionality, you really can’t go wrong with using this grill.
- Has a large cooking surface
- Convenient and simple to use
- Less pricey
- Comes with a drip tray which is dishwasher safe
- Comes without a lid
- Some customers have complained of uneven heating
- The non-stick coating is not very durable
MegaChef Dual Surface Reversible Indoor Grill and Griddle
The MegaChef indoor grill comes with a dual cooking surface on both sides of the grill panel, which you can flip while the grill is in use. The glass lid secures tightly keeping the food moist and is easily detachable once you’re done cooking.
The sturdy make of this grill is of premium quality which will last you longer than average indoor grills, and for the price, the MegaChef is a winner. It’s simple to use, clean and store. However, it may be difficult to wash it in a dishwasher.
- Rated best value for its premium quality
- Grill plates on both sides of the panel
- Large cooking surface available
- Sturdy and long-lasting construction
- Removable glass lid
- Can be bulky to clean
- Does not come with a drip tray
Chefman Electric Smokeless Indoor Grill
The cold-touch handles and automatic shut-off protection are possibly the best safety features in an indoor grill. Along with the purchase of this electric grill comes free access to a platform called club Chefman where you can find a ton of recipes and tutorials.
The best part – this grill is divided into different temperature zones. You can use the entire surface to cook different items at a different heat setting all at once.
- Sturdy construction
- Removable drip tray is dishwasher safe
- Automatic shut-off protects it from overheating
- Variable temperature zones on the grill
- Cold-touch handle
- Easy to clean and maintain
- Can take longer to cook
- The grill comes with no lid
- Cleaning the drip tray can be a task
T-fal OptiGrill Stainless Steel Indoor Electric Grill
With OptiGrill by T-fal you’ll be cooking like a pro in no time. It comes with 6 cooking options and automatically adapts the right temperatures to each type of food you’re cooking. It also features a defrost setting for frozen foods and a manual mode for cooking your own recipe.
The machine beeps at different doneness levels so you don’t have to worry about under/over cooking your steaks. This indoor grill is equipped with some rich features which suffice the price point although some may find it a little expensive.
- Comes in a variety of cooking settings
- Temperature adjusts according to the size of the food
- Accommodates 4-servings
- Comes with removable grill plates
- Heats up very quickly
- Beeps at different temperature settings
- Slightly more expensive
Swissmar Classic 8-Person Raclette, Black
This innovative smokeless indoor grill is perhaps the best in its class when it comes to versatility and uniqueness. The Swissmar introduces grill lovers to raclette dishes that make cooking meals for larger families a breeze.
The Swissmar is the ideal choice for a large size non-stick grill if you are looking to make some delicious crepes, pancakes, fajitas and more. The raclette dishes can be used to heat up cheese and sauces that go along with your deliciously cooked meals.
The Swissmar is a must have for those who love waking up to the smell of pancakes in the morning!
- Amazon’s choice for ‘raclette table grill’
- Offers a large-sized cooking surface
- Comes with a reversible grill panel
- Has 8 non-stick raclette dishes
- Comes with a detailed instruction guide and recipe book
- A tad bit expensive
- Bulky due to its large size
Breville Smart Grill
This one is by far one of the most versatile indoor grills of the lot. Grill lovers love Breville because it bridges the gap between indoor and outdoor grills. Some may find this grill overpriced but for the features and durability, it’s worth the spend.
The grill plates are wired with heat sensors which detect sudden changes in temperature and adjusts accordingly. The top lid can also be adjusted in height making sure the pressure and the temperature are just right to cook your desired meal.
- Provides better heating control
- Easy to clean removable plates
- Top plate can be adjusted in height
- Can be used as an open style grill
- Heats up quickly
- One of the most expensive
- Very bulky in weight
Charcoal Smokers FAQ’s
How to use a smokeless grill?
Operating an indoor smokeless grill is very easy and if done right can be just as good if not better than traditional outdoor grilling. Simply lift off the grill plate, heating element, and drip tray to reveal the water tray underneath.
Add about two cups of water into the water tray and reassemble the smokeless grill. Attach the power cord to both the unit and a wall outlet to provide power to the grill.
Always make sure the grill is placed on a flat surface before use. Simply use the control panel to turn on the fan and heating element and start grilling your favorite food in the comfort of your home.
How does a smokeless indoor grill work?
A smokeless indoor grill offers a similar cooking style to the traditional outdoor grill without the discomforts of having to be outdoors and dealing with fire and smoke. The smokeless indoor grill works in different ways depending on the technology used.
All grills use electricity to operate and work by either heating up water that in turn heats the top plate or use more advanced technology like infrared and reflective coating to achieve similar results to outdoor grills.
How to Clean an Indoor Electric Grill?
Even if you regularly clean the top pan and cooking surface grease and grime will still build up that can cause fires and a lot of smoke which is not fun especially indoors. To prevent this from happening and ensuring that your indoor grill is sparkling clean have the following equipment at hand; dish soap, sponge, paper towel and rags.
Unplug the grill and wait for it to cool down before wiping off the grease towards the drip tray. Pour hot soapy water on built-up grime and use a soft sponge to eliminate grime and grease spots. Dampen a rag and use it to wipe and scrub down greasy areas. Let your grill plates air dry and you are left with a clean grime free indoor electric grill.
How Much Is the Philips Indoor Grill?
The Philips Indoor Smokeless BBQ grill from the Avance Collection costs about $299 and is perhaps the most advanced and top of the line indoor grill available on the market.