UPDATED: Oct 10, 2019.
Without a doubt, tile floors are the easiest types of floor you can ever clean, which is why they are common in high-traffic places like bathrooms and kitchens. But that is hard to remember when you are dealing with sticky dirt and mess.
Good news though, the best steam mops for tile floors can get the job done within minutes. To help you out, we have reviewed the top steam mops that are suitable for tile floors.
At a Glance: Our Top Recommendations for Best Steam Mops for Tile Floors:
- Bissell Freshen your Clean Bundle – PowerFresh Steam Mop (Top pick)
- Bissell 1806 Power Fresh Deluxe Steam Mop + PowerFresh (Top Rated)
- Shark Steam Pocket Mop Hard Floor Cleaner (Editor Choice)
- PowerEdge Steam Plus Replacement Mop Pads
- LIGHT ‘N’ EASY Garment Clothes Steamer Floor Cleaning
- Shark Genius Hard Floor Cleaning System (S5003D)
- Shark Steam Mop Hard Floor Cleaner for Cleaning and Sanitizing
- Bissell Symphony Pet Steam Mop and Steam Vacuum Cleaner
- 1 Reviews of Top 8 Steam Mops for Tile Floors for 2019
- 1.1 1. Bissell Freshen your Clean Bundle – PowerFresh Steam Mop + Spring Fresh Scented Demineralized Water
- 1.2 2. Long Lasting Performance Bundle – Bissell 1806 Power Fresh Deluxe Steam Mop + BISSELL PowerFresh Steam Mop Pads (2 pk) with Fragrance discs (4 ct)
- 1.3 3. Shark Steam Pocket Mop Hard Floor Cleaner with Swivel Steering XL Water Tank (S3501)
- 1.4 4. PowerEdge Steam Plus Replacement Mop Pads
- 1.5 5. LIGHT ‘N’ EASY Garment Clothes Steamer Floor Cleaning and Sanitizing for Hardwood/Laminate/Carpet/Tile, Handheld Steam Cleaners 5 in 1 Mops, S3601,11.5Oz Tank, white
- 1.6 6. Shark Genius Hard Floor Cleaning System (S5003D)
- 1.7 7. Shark Steam Mop Hard Floor Cleaner for Cleaning and Sanitizing with XL Removable Water Tank and 18-Foot Power Cord (S1000A)
- 1.8 8. Bissell Symphony Pet Steam Mop and Steam Vacuum Cleaner for Hardwood and Tile Floors, with Microfiber Mop Pads, 1543A
- 2 How To Choose Steam Mops for Tile Floors
- 3 Steam Mops for Tile Floors FAQs
- 4 Final Words
Reviews of Top 8 Steam Mops for Tile Floors for 2019
Below are the top 8 steam mops that you can use for cleaning your tile floors.
1. Bissell Freshen your Clean Bundle – PowerFresh Steam Mop + Spring Fresh Scented Demineralized Water
You don’t need to worry about bacteria and germs if you have the Bissell PowerFresh Steam Mop. It removes 99.9% of all contaminants and comes with a flip-down design that enables you to clean tough messes easily.
The product is able to work 2 times faster than most steam mops out there and this is possible due to the built-in easy scrubber. It also helps to remove dried-on and sticky spots. Another feature of this product is the smart set digital that comes with variable control.
Hence, you can easily customize your mop to ensure that you clean different surfaces according to their temperature needs. You can use low, medium, or high setting to clean your floor.
The cleaner leaves behind a fresh scent as you clean your floor and will not leave any residue on your tiles.
2. Long Lasting Performance Bundle – Bissell 1806 Power Fresh Deluxe Steam Mop + BISSELL PowerFresh Steam Mop Pads (2 pk) with Fragrance discs (4 ct)
Just like the original PowerFresh above, the Bissell 1806 PowerFresh Deluxe Steam Mop sanitizes your floor by removing 99.9% of bacteria and germs without using any chemical. Of course, you should ensure that you use according to the manufacturer instructions.
The cleaner also comes with an onboard spot boost brush that removes all sticky and tough messes in high-traffic areas. And that’s not all since it leaves a refreshing spring breeze aroma where you clean.
You will also be glad you got this steam mop since it comes with 2 kinds of pads that fit all your cleaning needs. One, there is the soft microfiber mop pad that you can use for daily cleaning. Second, there is the soft microfiber mop pad that you can use to scrub strips for sticky and tough messes.
The mop pads are integrated with Microban that protects it from bacteria and germs. This means that your cleaner will remain clean when in store and still smell fresh.
3. Shark Steam Pocket Mop Hard Floor Cleaner with Swivel Steering XL Water Tank (S3501)
This mop turns tap water into super-hot steam that removes everyday grime and dirt from your tile floor. It comes with a 20 feet power cord that allows it to reach all the four corners of your house.
Furthermore, it has a quick-release cord that enables you to release and store your mop within seconds. It delivers steam within 30 seconds and your floor usually dry almost instantly. Another thing, it removes 99.9% of bacteria and germs to ensure that your home is totally sanitized.
The model comes with 2 washable microfiber pads that lift and lock in debris and dirt – you don’t need to carry a heavy bucket around or have a messy mop. Another feature is the soft-grip handle as well as comfortable design, meaning that your product will be easier to maneuver around with straining yourself.
The product is recommended for cleaning all hard surfaces including hardwood floors.
4. PowerEdge Steam Plus Replacement Mop Pads
The PowerEdge Steam Mop Pads is a 2-in-1 cleaner that is a detachable handheld steamer. It provides enough steam power that is sufficient to clean both above and on your floors. Hence, it is a product that will remove all the germs and bacteria from your house.
The unit comes with a great feature called on-demand steam trigger that enables you to control the amount of steam you use to clean your floor. So, you always get the right amount of steam when cleaning different surfaces in your house.
It also comes with microfiber replacement pads that you can use to replace the steam mop when the original ones get damaged. These pads fit well on 2165 series. Also, it includes 2 kinds of pads that satisfy your cleaning needs.
One is the soft microfiber mop pad that helps with regular cleaning needs. The other one is the soft microfiber mop pad that helps with cleaning stickier and tough messes.
5. LIGHT ‘N’ EASY Garment Clothes Steamer Floor Cleaning and Sanitizing for Hardwood/Laminate/Carpet/Tile, Handheld Steam Cleaners 5 in 1 Mops, S3601,11.5Oz Tank, white
Light ‘N’ Easy is a tile floor cleaner is a product with a removable handheld steam cleaner that you can hold easily and comfortably. It not only cleans your floor but also works as a garment steamer, carpet cleaner, steam mop, and steam cleaner.
And it comes in handy to remove bacteria and germs from types of floors including hardwood, laminate, carpet, tile. Actually, it is able to remove 99.9% of these contaminants using the power of steam. This means that you don’t use any chemical to sanitize your floor, just natural steam.
Another thing is that you can easily choose from low, medium, or high setting, based on what you want to clean. The three adjustable modes are just an addition to the great features of this cleaner.
It also comes with a detachable handheld steamer, 11.5Oz tank, and swivel steering. And it gets ready for use within ½ a minute.
6. Shark Genius Hard Floor Cleaning System (S5003D)
Another product you can use to clean your tile floor is the Shark Genius Hard Floor Cleaning System. This unit cleans and sanitizes all sealed hard surfaces with its washable and dual-sized debris grip pads.
One unique feature of this product is the touch-free tech that ensures you don’t touch a dirty pad when cleaning your house. So, your hands will always stay away from house germs and bacteria when you are cleaning them.
Talking of germs and bacteria, the system is able to remove about 99.9% of these elements to leave your house sanitized. It also features 3-setting intelligent steam controls that allows you to customize the steam you use to clean your floors.
7. Shark Steam Mop Hard Floor Cleaner for Cleaning and Sanitizing with XL Removable Water Tank and 18-Foot Power Cord (S1000A)
With the Shark Steam Mop Hard Floor Cleaner, the power of steaming your floor is made easy. It effortlessly sanitizes and cleans your house with just pure water. This means that you won’t need any harsh chemical to clean your house.
The unit is able to remove grime and grease from your floor without leaving any residue behind. Thus, you will always get a spotlessly clean house every moment you clean it. Another notable feature of the cleaner is the easy refill XL water tank.
You can easily remove the tank and refill it, then return it to its place. Also, the cleaner comes with an 18 feet power cord that will reach every corner of your house.
Moreover, the cleaner is compact and lightweight, meaning that you can lift or push it around your floor with ease. It also features an on-demand steam ability that enables you to steam your house within ½ a minute.
8. Bissell Symphony Pet Steam Mop and Steam Vacuum Cleaner for Hardwood and Tile Floors, with Microfiber Mop Pads, 1543A
Why buy a steam mop and a vacuum while you can simply buy a 2-in-1 system that will do both tasks with ease? This product will vacuum your hardwood and tile floors and them steam mop it to leave your house free of debris and dirt.
This pet model also features a drop-in tank emptying system that prevents you from touching the tank when emptying it. You don’t need to touch the dirty tank with your hand, staying free of germs and bacteria.
It also comes with disposable pads that you can use to clean pet messes that you would rather throw away. Also, it comes with washable microfiber pads that you can use to do regular cleaning.
How To Choose Steam Mops for Tile Floors
There are 3 main things that you should watch out for when buying your tile floors steam mops:
- Function – This is the least that your steam mop can have. From there you can look for other features like 20 ft. power cord, multiple floor settings, ½ a minute heating time, and a 10 ounces tank.
- Versatility – Everything that your steam mop can do rather than cleaning. For instance, a detachable handheld feature is a plus here.
- Price – We all want to pay the best price for the best features. These cleaners will range from $50 to around $300.
Steam Mops for Tile Floors FAQs
Q: Can I use my steam mop on my carpet?
A: Yes. Some models are made for both the tile floors and carpets. However, you should note that these models are bulky and bigger than normal tile cleaners.
Q: What factors should I consider when choosing a steam mop for tile floors?
A: Some of the factors that matters include tank capacity, temperature, drying time, cleaning pads, pad rest, length of the power cord, and accessory tools. There are also other factors that you should consider like price and durability.
Q: How does a tile floor steam mop work?
A: Steam cleans your floor naturally. It uses heat and water to clean your floor instead of using chemicals and soaps.
Q: Can a tile floor steam mop clean other types of floors?
A: Not really. You should ensure that you get a steam mop for every type of floor. There are steam mops for hardwoods, tiles, laminates, and other types of floors.
Q: Can a tile steam mop clean stains and spills?
A: Yes. Steam mops are more efficient than using a bucket and a mop. They can easily clean all spills and stains from your floor, leaving it clean and fresh.
Q: How much does a steam mop for tile floor cost?
A: These products go for as little as $50 to as high as over $600. It will depend on the brand and the model you choose.
By now you must be a steam mop for tile floor expert. I have provided you with the required info to enable you to choose the best steam mops for tile floors to allow you to have a clean house. Note that there are different models out there and you should choose the one you can afford.