Buying a toilet plunger seems like an easy task, but it can become quite confusing considering that different manufacturers use different technologies, designs, and patterns. You also need to understand that not all types of plungers are going to help you deal with blocked toilets and sinks.
In order to make the right choice, you need to develop a better understanding of different types of plungers and pick the one that is reliable, affordable, and suitable for your needs.
At a Glance: Our Top Recommendations for Best Toilet Plungers:
- MR.SIGA Toilet Plunger and Bowl Brush Combo (Top Pick)
- OXO Good Grips Toilet Plunger (Top Rated)
- Simplehuman Toilet Plunger and Caddy (Editor Choice)
- YANXUS Hideaway Compact Toilet Plunger and Canister
- Korky 96-4AM T-Shaped Handle BeehiveMAX Universal Plunger
- 1 Top-Rated Toilet Plungers to Buy
- 1.1 1. MR.SIGA Toilet Plunger and Bowl Brush Combo
- 1.2 2. OXO Good Grips Toilet Plunger
- 1.3 3. Simplehuman Toilet Plunger and Caddy
- 1.4 4. YANXUS Hideaway Compact Toilet Plunger and Canister
- 1.5 5. Korky 96-4AM T-Shaped Handle BeehiveMAX Universal Plunger
- 1.6 6. Professional Bellows Accordion Toilet Plunger
- 1.7 7. Kleen Freak 3019000 Toilet Plunger
- 1.8 8. Kleen Freak 3001600 Toilet Plunger
- 1.9 9. Plumbcraft 7506880 Maxclean Toilet and Drain Plunger
- 1.10 10. Simplehuman Toilet Plunger
- 1.11 11. Clorox Toilet Plunger
- 1.12 12. PlumbCraft Twist and Store Toilet Plunger
- 2 Know the Types of Plungers
- 3 Frequently Asked Questions
- 4 Conclusion
Top-Rated Toilet Plungers to Buy
A top rated toilet plunger does not have to be the most expensive one, but needless to say that a $40 plunger is likely to perform better than a $10 toilet plunger. Here are some of the best toilet plungers that deliver great performance.
1. MR.SIGA Toilet Plunger and Bowl Brush Combo
- Bowl brush and toilet plunger combo
- Has a space-saving design for easy storage
- Made of heavy-duty material to last for years
- A bit more expensive
If you are looking for a toilet plunger that can provide you value on the market, then this combo is for you. You get a heavy-duty plunger that you can use to unblock the toilet and a brush for cleaning the bowl.
One great thing of this product is the convenient space-saving design that lets you place the plunger in small spaces. The model makes cleaning the toilet easier and is made of durable material to last you for years.
2. OXO Good Grips Toilet Plunger
- Comes with a cover to keep it clean and catch drips
- Durable head for more effective plunging
- Boasts a compact size for easy storage
- The handle often comes off
The first thing you note is the plunger comes with a cover that prevents the water from dripping to the ground. It also comes in a compact size that lets you keep it in your closet, under the sink, or near the toilet.
Its handle is large enough to allow for a comfortable grip and does not slip when using. Another superb thing is the durable head that guarantees more effective plunging.
The other thing is the flat surface at the end of the handle that lets you press the plunger.
3. Simplehuman Toilet Plunger and Caddy
- Package includes a plunger and caddy
- Comes with a 5-year limited warranty
- Rod is made of stainless steel material to assure durability
- Not the best color
You get a 5-year warranty when you pick this toilet plunger, showing you can have value for money. It is also a product that does well in tough conditions and comes with a caddy for preventing drips.
The plunger gets secured in the caddy through a magnet and is easy to detach and attach. That great feature also helps to hide the plunger when not in use.
Another thing is the narrow profile that gives your bathroom a modern look. The rod is made of stainless steel material to guarantee durability.
4. YANXUS Hideaway Compact Toilet Plunger and Canister
- Built-in drip tray for collecting water
- Made of quality material to last for years
- Comes with a hideaway design to add beauty
- More costly than most products out there
One great thing is the hideaway design of the plunger that provides a neat storage. And you achieve that without any hassle since you only need to lift the plunger and place it in the canister.
The product is made of rust-free material that guarantees you durability and continued use of the plunger. Besides, the brand assures you of satisfaction and you can always reach the customer team for any assistance.
There is also a built-in tray that helps to collect the water and avoid spilling on the surface.
5. Korky 96-4AM T-Shaped Handle BeehiveMAX Universal Plunger
- A powerful plunger that lasts for years
- Comes with an adjustable handle
- It is a universal plunger – for all toilets
- Telescoping handle often breaks
It was among the first designs to be designed for both the modern and old toilet bowls. The product comes with a beehive shape allowing for effective unclog and the handle allows for optimum grip.
One notable thing is the telescoping handle that enables you to adjust it to meet your needs. And that also makes it possible for you to store the plunger under the sink and other places.
The product comes from a reputable brand that has been on the market for decades.
6. Professional Bellows Accordion Toilet Plunger
- Unclogs efficiently and effortlessly
- Easy to clean the plunger, no folds or flips
- Good for kitchen sinks as well
- The handle and bottom come separately and not as a single piece
This plunger is quite powerful and unclogs everything, even the most tricky blockages. The standard plungers don’t work for odd-shaped holes but this one works just fine with any type of holes, even the one in the kitchen.
It is quite lightweight and stable (perhaps because of the accordion design) and doesn’t keep falling off when kept in storage – it really stays still! The durability of this product is good, which makes it a popular buy.
The only surprise is that you will get the handle separately and you have to fix everything manually. If that’s not done properly, the handle might come off while on the job! When assembled properly, the performance of the plunger is quite good and reliable.
7. Kleen Freak 3019000 Toilet Plunger
- The holder is superb and has a simple and efficient design
- Keeps the bathroom as well as the plunger clean
- Considering the technology used, the price is great
- May not be suitable for all types of drains
This is a hassle-free plunger, because the water is not spilled anywhere, and it unclogs the bowl with hygiene. The plunger itself remains clean and germ-free because of the germ-guard, which actually works!
The quality of the rubber is good and it creates a good vacuum for easy and faster unclogging. You can use this one even for your bathtub to drain the water easily as it is quite efficient and clean.
Because the handle is made of aluminum, there is no problem of rusting.. The idea of twisting the handle to close and open is nice and easy to operate. The combo works great without much maintenance.
It is important to note that the holder is quite roomy, but doesn’t fit some plungers well (if you buy a combo, you can eliminate this problem).
8. Kleen Freak 3001600 Toilet Plunger
- Nice drip tray to place the plunger and keep it clean
- Very reasonable in price
- Sturdy make and lasts for quite long without any damage to the parts
- It is not very powerful and you have to apply manual pressure to get rid of stubborn clogs
Overall, for the price, the plunger is great and the holder is just awesome. It is simple and serves the purpose of keeping the plunger away from the floor, which keeps it clean.
You can’t imagine a small tray being so brilliant for the regularly shaped plungers. The make is good, so even if it falls from a height (if you keep the tray on a windowpane to clean the floor) it doesn’t break or crack!
The plunger does its job well when there are simple clogs and doesn’t give out a bad odor. It keeps germs and bacteria away from itself because of the germ-guard property. Overall, a very handy tool to buy!
9. Plumbcraft 7506880 Maxclean Toilet and Drain Plunger
- Clears off clogs quickly and easily
- The holder is simple and hygienic, holds the plunger well
- Very reasonably priced, so you can get one for each bathroom
- The bottom material is plastic and doesn’t bend easily
It is a popular offering from the Plumbcraft. You can even clean the hardest of residues with this plunger on any type of toilet. The holder keeps the plunger neat, free from bacteria and without any foul smell.
Keep in mind that it works fine if your bowl is within a good reach. If you are looking for unclogging something deep down, you need more effort manually because the plastic material on the bottom won’t bend easily.
NJThe good thing is that the holder prevents any dripping because of the small nubs inside. You can keep the holder slanted for it to dry quickly. It is not a fancy combo but serves the purpose well and is cheaper!
10. Simplehuman Toilet Plunger
- Good magnetic collar feature to carry it with ease
- Works really well even for holes other than round ones
- Super strong and robust design
- An expensive product
The high price is probably because of the magnetic collar, which is justifiable as the functionality works perfectly. It is so easy to carry both and that too without any drips. It dries out easily because of its open design.
The handle is sized well and gives a good grip to get rid of all the clogs easily. You won’t have to deal with any rust issues even after using it for multiple bathrooms for a long time.
For a bathroom plunger, you don’t need a fancy piece but this one does look elegant and smart. The unclogging is done in minutes and there is no water splashing here and there, unlike many other plungers. Overall, a nice buy!
11. Clorox Toilet Plunger
- The holder is quite trendy and stylishly designed
- The bristles are good having built-in antimicrobial properties
- It is simple and easy to use
- The holder caps open up easily and you need to pull them manually to close
The best thing about this plunger is the bristles, as they have some antimicrobial properties to keep the brushes clean. The bristles are of nice quality and don’t come off that easily. The bristles don’t scratch the bowl also.
The price is another reason for you to buy this one. You will like the fact that this simple toilet plunger is enough for most tasks and you don’t have to go for the fancy, costly ones if your usage is limited.
It is easy to store, just keep it in any corner. The open and close flap may sometimes be a problem as it gets stuck but once adjusted it is convenient to handle it, as it keeps the plunger, particularly the bristles, safe.
12. PlumbCraft Twist and Store Toilet Plunger
- Nice caddy with twist mechanism to open and close
- The handle is adjustable to make it more convenient to apply pressure
- Better than the compressed air plungers
- The black brim comes out often which you can fix, but can be annoying sometimes
The plunger and holder both are great and do what they are supposed to. The holder, in particular, is impressive, as it is drip-free and offers good support for the plunger.
The twisting of the handle to open and close the holder is good and protects as well as hides the plunger well. This means more hygiene and fewer bacteria attack. Even the dirtiest and hardest yuck comes off easily with this plunger and it is quite fast.
You can use it for the kitchen sink as well, which gets clogged quite often. It is lightweight and doesn’t take much space for storage. You can store it anywhere you like.
The only issue is that the quality of plastic is not too great and the pieces may come off occasionally, but you can fix them back. Other than that, the product is simple and neat.
Know the Types of Plungers
A plunger is an essential but usually an overlooked household tool. In order to buy an efficient plunger, you should get familiar with the available options first. For instance:
- You can buy a standard plunger that features a suction cup usually attached to a plastic, wooden or aluminum stick. With its flat surface structure, it covers the drain completely and therefore works efficiently.
- You can find a specially designed toilet plunger that comes with a suction cup and has a rubber gap at the bottom. By placing the rubber gap on the drain, you will be able to clear any blockage that may be affecting your sink or bathtub.
- You may want to invest in an accordion plunger if you need one with a smaller suction cup. Remember that its small suction cup makes it a bit less suitable for the sink.
- You can also get a combo of a toilet plunger and standard plunger by going for a taze plunger. It features a plastic tube along with a suction cup and a pump. It may be a good choice if you’re interested in a complete plumber solution.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What is the Best Toilet Plunger?
A: The best toilet plunger should unclog the toilet without requiring much force from the user. It should also last for years and have a universal usage.
Q: What Does a Toilet Plunger Look Like?
A: These products resemble a bell due to their design. They have a handle and a base for unclogging.
Q: Where’s Deadpool’s Toilet Plunger?
A: You must visit the TNTina’s menu located in the Agent vault to see the Deadpool’s Toilet Plunger.
In order to unclog your sink, toilet, or drain, you need to rely on a toilet plunger, which can work wonders with its suction cup.
Just be sure to know about different types of plungers in the market to select the one that is reliable and efficient. The ones mentioned here will certainly leave you satisfied. So, go get one for your home!