One of the most common things used by people is the toilet seat. These seats come in many different colors and styles and are there to keep your washroom sanitary. Their material varies, and these materials determine how long your toilet seat will last.
There are also a lot of models and brands offering things product today, making it hard to choose the best. Therefore, to help you out, we have compiled a list of the best products out there and given you a guide for buying the best toilet seat for your home.
At a Glance: Our Top Recommendations for Best Toilet Seat:
- Mayfair Molded Wood Toilet Seat (Top Pick)
- Bemis 500EC 000 Toilet Seat (Top Rated)
- KOHLER Quiet-Close Toilet Seat (Editor Choice)
- Bemis 70 000 Toilet Seat
- KOHLER Rutledge Elongated Toilet Seat
- 1 Top 10 Toilet Seat Reviews for 2020
- 1.1 1. Mayfair 48SLOWA 000/848SLOWA 000 Molded Wood Toilet Seat
- 1.2 2. Bemis 500EC 000 Toilet Seat
- 1.3 3. KOHLER K-4636-0 Cachet Quiet-Close Toilet Seat
- 1.4 4. Bemis 70 000 Toilet Seat
- 1.5 5. KOHLER K-4734-0 Rutledge Elongated White Toilet Seat
- 1.6 6. Bath Royale Premium Elongated Toilet Seat
- 1.7 7. Bemis 800EC 000 EMW4265419 Round White
- 1.8 8. Delta Faucet 801903-WH Morgan Round Front Slow-Close Toilet Seat
- 1.9 9. Mayfair 13EC 000 Soft Toilet Seat
- 1.10 10. Kohler K-4774-0 Brevia Quick-Release Elongated Toilet Seat
- 1.11 11. Mayfair NextStep Slow-Close Toilet Seat
- 1.12 12. Toto SS114 01 SoftClose Elongated Toilet Seat Cover
- 1.13 13. Kohler K-4775-0 Brevia Quick-Release Hinges Round-Front Toilet Seat
- 1.14 14. Bemis 1500EC 000 Molded Wood Elongated Toilet Seat
- 1.15 15. TOPSEAT TinyHiney Potty Toilet Seat
- 2 Factors to Consider When Buying A Toilet Seat
- 3 FAQs About Best Toilet Seat
- 4 Conclusion
Top 10 Toilet Seat Reviews for 2020
We will start by reviewing the top 10 toilet seats on the market today. They are:
1. Mayfair 48SLOWA 000/848SLOWA 000 Molded Wood Toilet Seat
Another toilet seat that has made it in our list from Mayfair is the 48SLOWA. It is an innovative slow-close product that features high quality and durably molded wood make. The seat comes in an all-white theme and its attractive elongated design make is sleek out.
As well, its effective lift-off hinges prevent the toilet seat from slamming your toilet. Made in the USA, the seat comes with a high-gloss quality finish that adds elegance to your bathroom. The product is quite affordable, although it is designed to provide service of other expensive models.
It fits the majority of elongated toilet bowls and yet very affordable when you compare to other models on the market today. It also features a simple STA-TITE fastening mechanism that keeps it tightly-secured. The product is quite impressive due to its amazing white theme and great design.
2. Bemis 500EC 000 Toilet Seat
Bemis 500EC 000 Toilet Seat is a model that I find to be convenient because it is easy to remove for cleaning or when replacing it. It comes with plastic hinges that are easy to twist to lock and unlock.
Another feature I find to be top-quality is the non-corrosive wing nuts and bolts that ensure it lasts for years. The seat also resists scratching and chipping thanks to the long-lasting enameled wood finish.
And it is a seat that works best for residential use and fits all round toilets.
3. KOHLER K-4636-0 Cachet Quiet-Close Toilet Seat
With innovative technology and subtle styling, the Kohler K-4636-0 toilet seat is ideal for most elongated toilets. It comes with uniquely made rubber bumpers that clamp the seat firmly to prevent shifting. The seat also boasts of the latest technology that simplifies installation and cleaning while preventing slamming.
The seat is well-contoured for maximum user experience and fits on both one- and two-piece toilets. Constructed from solid polypropylene material, the seat is resistant to fading, chipping, and staining. It also comes with a one-year limited warranty that protects against manufacturer’s defects.
Another feature of this seat is the quiet-close with a quick-release ability that ensures your toilet closes with minimal touch. The toilet offers enhanced hygiene since you make minimal contact with your toilet.
And it is very easy to clean the seat hinges since you only need to remove the seat. In case of a two-piece toilet, you can effortlessly get to the point where the tank touches the bowl – where the dirt accumulates.
4. Bemis 70 000 Toilet Seat
Bemis 70 000 Toilet Seat is yet another unit that I have included in this review for its high-quality features. I find it easy to install and is a top-tite sta-tite model that tightens from the top, making it more comfortable.
Another feature that I need to mention of this unit is the resilient plastic that ensures the seat remains free of wear, stains, and chipping. It also fits all round toilets such as TOTO, American Standard, Kohler, and many more.
You might also be excited to learn that it is made in the USA using friendly material, and its wing nuts and bolts are non-corrosive.
5. KOHLER K-4734-0 Rutledge Elongated White Toilet Seat
I love this toilet seat from KOHLER due to its quiet closing lid that closes slowly without slamming. It also comes with tight grip bumpers that add to its stability to prevent it from shifting.
Another feature I find to be exciting is the quick release hinges that let the seat unlatch from the toilet for convenient cleaning and easy removal. It also boasts of ready attach hardware that enables you to fix it fast and securely.
6. Bath Royale Premium Elongated Toilet Seat
Bath Royale Premium is yet another toilet seat that offers a royal experience. As an elongated model, the seat fits most toilet brands from TOTO, Crane, Eljer, and others, covering them with a feel of royalty. The seat matches almost all washroom decors, hence, able to complement your bathroom decor.
Its top-quality polypropylene made is durable, fade and peel resistant, and sturdy. The unit also comes with four sure foot bumpers that distribute your weight evenly across the seat, adding to your comfort and convenience. The other great feature of this seat is the I-Touch Quick Release ability which guarantees ease of total cleaning, while soft-close tech prevents accidents and annoying slams.
The toilet seat is also perfect for children, the elderly, and the physically challenged.
7. Bemis 800EC 000 EMW4265419 Round White
Here is another Bemis toilet seat that I found to be worth being part of this list. It is a model that you can remove with ease if you want to replace or clean your toilet.
The model also comes with the Top-Tite STA-TITE technology that allows you to tighten it from the top. Another thing I found to be quite surprising is the solid plastic that comes in handy to prevent stains, wear, and chipping.
You can use this toilet seat for all commercial toilets and can fit TOTO, American Standard, Kohler, and other round toilets.
8. Delta Faucet 801903-WH Morgan Round Front Slow-Close Toilet Seat
This Morgan Round Front Slow-Close form Delta is an easy to install toilet seat that will offer you services for years. The package includes installation instructions and hardware for easy installation and peace of mind when DIY.
It is a no slip bumper seat that performs well and is quite reliable. The no slip bumper also improves its stability for additional comfort. The product is thoughtfully designed and made for outstanding durability and functionality.
This model fits the majority of round front bowls and its material is resistant to peeling, chipping, fading, and staining. Hence, you are assured of enjoying its service for years to come. Not ideal for commercial use, the solid construction offers additional weight for durability and strength.
Moreover, its slow-close feature comes in handy to prevent slamming which often breaks most seats.
9. Mayfair 13EC 000 Soft Toilet Seat
Another brand that I find to make quality toilet seats is Mayfair, and one such model is the 13EC 000 Soft Toilet Seat. It is a model that you can remove quickly if you want to clean your toilet or replace the seat.
One unique feature about this unit is the soft, cushioned seat that has a wood core to provide a long life. And it fits all round toilets like TOTO, American Standard, Kohler, and more.
The seat is made in the USA by professionals using friendly material and can offer value for your money.
10. Kohler K-4774-0 Brevia Quick-Release Elongated Toilet Seat
Designed to provide proper fit on one- and two-piece toilets, the Kohler K-4774-0 seat complements a wide collection of elongated toilet designs. The product is made of a sturdy plastic material that resists fading, chipping and staining, ensuring that it lasts for long.
Furthermore, its ergonomically contoured construction provides maximum comfort for the user. The seat also comes with an innovative technology that makes it easy to install while simplifying cleaning.
Also, its quick-release feature allows the seat to be removed from the toilet for convenient cleaning and easy change, without using any tool. The seat’s quick-attach hardware provides secure installation as well as fast fixing. The best part, the color of the plastic matches those of the hinges to complement your washroom décor.
11. Mayfair NextStep Slow-Close Toilet Seat
It is almost impossible to come across a toilet seat company that is as popular as Mayfair. One of the best in the industry, the quality of the NextStep Slow-Close Toilet Seat is never compromised. Actually, this is a highly supportive seat that adds a superb, ready to use toilet seat.
Its hinge system facilities for easy removal and thus making it very easy to clean. You do not need to lift the seat manually – it is fixed into recess automatically. That makes this seat to be highly hygienic while being versatile.
Whisper-Close technology allows for zero slams and no injuries. The seat is also durable and offers an elegant look that is scratch and chip resistant. The seat is well-optimized to be used by both the kids and adults and still offer the comfort desired.
12. Toto SS114 01 SoftClose Elongated Toilet Seat Cover
This is one of the top rated toilet seat models on the market today. Due to its solid plastic and high-impact, this product is uniquely made to minimize injury risk while getting rid of embarrassing slams. In addition to its lid, the seat uses an integrated Soft Close hinge mechanism to quietly and gently close the seat.
Its fixing bolts enable for simple installation that requires minimal tools. Additionally, this seat fits well on both elongated and regular toilet bowls. You also get all the installation hardware as well as instructions for fast installation.
In fact, the instructions come in Spanish, French and English language. And it is made of high-gloss and high-impact solid polypropylene. It is also very easy to maintain and care for this toilet seat.
13. Kohler K-4775-0 Brevia Quick-Release Hinges Round-Front Toilet Seat
Kohler K-4775-0 is made of a solid polypropylene plastic material that ensures it last for long. The seat is well contoured to make sure that the user gets comfortable while using it. Moreover, the seat features quick-release hinge that snaps open and it pulls forward for easy removal and quick-attach.
The toilet seat comes with stainless steel fasteners that enable for top-mount installation only. Additionally, the seat provides value to the user with features that make it easy to remove when cleaning.
For easy installation, the package comes with hardware that also prevents your seat from loosening. And its plastic/coating material cleans up easily and is durable. The product is good to fit for most bathrooms and last for long.
14. Bemis 1500EC 000 Molded Wood Elongated Toilet Seat
Bemis is among the market leaders when it comes to plumbing. This toilet seat is a reliable unit that will provide value for your money. It is elegant and durable and comes with a molded wood build that lasts for long.
The seat features a non-irritant and comfortable elongated design that fits most of the elongated toilet bowls out there. Just like most toilet seats, this model comes with a bright-white theme that makes it easy to clean and maintain. Also, it is very easy to install this seat due to the non-deforming and simple no-swivel design of the seat.
Furthermore, the toilet seat comes with rust-resistant washer bolts. That’s not all, it is warm resting on it while its glossy finish doesn’t scratch or fade. The unit is quite durable, yet affordable and very simple in terms of design.
15. TOPSEAT TinyHiney Potty Toilet Seat
Children and parents love this innovative design and convenient toilet seat which was created for improving the potty training sessions for your kid. The seat can be used by adults and children alike, and it features a magnetic closure.
The magnetic closure firmly secures the included potty seat into its place in the seat cover until it’s flipped over for use. The products hinges are firm and made of chromed metal. For easier cleaning, the ring and the lid come in a white color.
This specific model fits bowls that measure 16.5” from hinges holes to the end of the bowls (from inside). Furthermore, the unit comes with installation hardware and a 3-year warranty.
Factors to Consider When Buying A Toilet Seat
The toilet seat market is full of substandard seats that can seriously affect your comfort. But there is a way you can get the best model for your washroom. You only need to consider the following few things:
- Material – The toilet seat you buy should be flexible yet durable to be able to handle different weights of the users. The best models are made of hard plastics and wood material.
- Hinges – The fit and strength of a toilet seat usually depend on the quality of the hinges. High-quality hinges guarantee comfortable operation and perfect fit.
- Closing system – It’s always advisable to buy a seat that features a slow-close ability. This kind of toilet will be silent when closing and don’t break easily since there is minimal impact.
- Versatility – Toilet seats are often used by the whole family. If the seat doesn’t meet every personal need, then it won’t be of any help in your family. Therefore, go for a seat that can be used by kids and adults.
- Finish, fit, and style – The style and quality of the seat are as critical as its performance. Unappealing style and pool design can affect the overall appeal and design of your washroom.
- Shape and size – Toilet seats often come in elongated and round sizes. Hence, know the shape and size of your toilet before you get a seat.
- Ease of installation – Often, the seats with an easy bolt or clamp installation fit into your toilet bowls are the best. The complex ones can compromise the functionality and even cost you money.
- Utility and comfort – You shouldn’t go for rigidity and durability and sacrifice utility and comfort. Ensure that the toilet seat you buy offers comfort, utility, rigidity, and durability.
FAQs About Best Toilet Seat
Q: What is the maximum weight that a standard toilet seat can hold?
A: The best seat can hold about 300 lbs. of weight easily. However, you should check the specification before you buy one.
Q: How can I know the right size seat that will fit my toilet?
A: The measurement is taken from the back of the seat to its farthest point (front). Also measure its width, along the space between the hinges.
Q: What can I use to wash my toilet seat?
A: You should use mild soap when washing your toilet seat since most bathroom cleaners are abrasive and harsh.
Q: What should I look for when buying a potty trainer?
A: It should be comfortable, require less maneuvering, and easy to operate. Soft close seats are often the best for additional durability and safety.
Q: Why is my toilet seat color fading?
A: Most bathroom cleaners should not be used to clean your toilet seat. They might be causing the discoloring and you should avoid them when cleaning your toilet seat.
Q: What should I use when cleaning my toilet seat?
A: We would recommend you to use water and mild soap when washing the seat.
Q: My toilet seat has a stain. What could be the cause?
A: This stain might have been caused by harsh products that you might have used to clean the seats. Avoid these products at all cost.
Q: Should Toilet Seat Be Up or Down?
A: Logically, what goes up must come down and thus, you should keep the seat down after using the toilet. However, it is more hygienic is you flush your toilet when the seat is up.
Q: What Diseases Can You Get from a Toilet Seat?
A: There are dozens of diseases that you can get from a toilet seat if you don’t clean it properly. These diseases come from various bugs like staphylococcus, streptococcus, Shigella bacteria, E. Coli, and others.
You can also get sexually transmitted organisms and virus from a toilet seat.
Q: How Do You Replace a Toilet Seat?
A: Follow these simple steps when replacing your toilet seat:
- Open the bolt caps – You can use a screwdriver to open these caps.
- Hold the underside nut – You will need a wrench to do that, and they are located the underside of the seat.
- Remove the bolts and lift the seat – Use the screwdriver to turn the bolts. Then lift the seat.
- Insert the anchor bolts of the replacing seat via the holes and tighten the nuts with your hand – Center the seat and then use the screwdriver and the wrench to tighten it.
Q: Why is My Toilet Seat Loose?
A: A loose toilet seat can occur due to the constant opening and closing of your seat. You can quickly tighten it using a screwdriver and a wrench.
After going through the above reviews and buyer’s guide, we hope that you can now choose the best toilet seat for your toilet with ease. There are many models and brands on the market today that will add value to your washroom and offer value for your money.