The best undermount kitchen sink has one unique benefit over drop-in or rimmed sinks: no rim exposure. Surely, every sink comes with a rim, but an undermount model hangs from the downside of your countertop and so doesn’t have a raised rim or lip that rests on the counter.
If that’s the kind of sink you would want, then you need to know how to choose the best from the different brands. So, in this article, I will look at the review of the top undermount kitchen sinks and later give you a guide for choosing the best model.
At a Glance: The 8 Models We’ve Chosen as Contenders for the Best Undermount Kitchen Sink:
- KRAUS Standart PRO Undermount Single Bowl Kitchen Sink (Top Pick)
- Ruvati Workstation Ledge Undermount Kitchen Sink (Top Rated)
- Frigidaire Undermount Kitchen Sink (Editor Choice)
- KRAUS Pax Undermount Single Bowls Utility Sink
- Zuhne Modena Undermount Single Bowl Kitchen Sink
- Ruvati 34 Inches Undermount Double Bowl Kitchen Sink
- Elkay Quartz Classic Single Bowl Undermount Sink
- Blanco 440180 Diamond 1¾ Inches Bowl
- 1 Top 8 Undermount Kitchen Sink Reviews for 2019
- 1.1 1. KRAUS Standart PRO 30 Inches 16-Gauge Undermount Single Bowl Kitchen Sink
- 1.2 2. Ruvati 32 Inches Workstation Ledge Undermount 16-Gauge Kitchen Sink
- 1.3 3. Frigidaire Undermount Kitchen Sink
- 1.4 4. KRAUS Pax 24 Inches 18-Gauge Undermount Single Bowls Utility Sink
- 1.5 5. Zuhne Modena 30 Inches Undermount 16-Gauge Single Bowl Kitchen Sink
- 1.6 6. Ruvati 34 Inches Undermount Double Bowl 16-Gauge Kitchen Sink
- 1.7 7. Elkay Quartz Classic Single Bowl Undermount Sink
- 1.8 8. Blanco 440180 Diamond 1¾ Inches Bowl
- 2 Tips for Choosing Undermount Kitchen Sink
- 3 Best Undermount Kitchen Sink FAQs
- 4 Conclusion
Top 8 Undermount Kitchen Sink Reviews for 2019
Below are some of the best undermount kitchen sinks on the market today.
1. KRAUS Standart PRO 30 Inches 16-Gauge Undermount Single Bowl Kitchen Sink
Kraus is a leader when it comes to the production of the best undermount sinks on the market today. This particular sink is of the highest quality and often adheres to the industry standards. It is made of 16-gauge stainless steel material that ensures it lasts for years while remaining new.
This sink is also rust resistant and resists any form of damage, hence an improved lifespan. The dimensions of the bowl are 30 by 18 inches and come with a great depth of 10 inches. Also, the sink features a padded base that reduces noise.
When you buy this sink, you also get a basket strainer and a dish towel.
2. Ruvati 32 Inches Workstation Ledge Undermount 16-Gauge Kitchen Sink
If you are looking for flexibility, then you should get the Ruvati 32 Inches sink. It is made of 304-grade high-quality stainless steel material – a mixture of two materials. The combination of the materials is quite strong and provides a firm construction.
The sink is also resistant to corrosion and scratches and comes with a sating finish that provides it a more beautiful surface. Furthermore, the sink produces minimal noise when using it due to the sound guard padding.
It is pretty easy to clean the bowl and it comes in a great size of 19 by 32 inches with a drain of 3.5 inches. Installing the sink is also very easy.
3. Frigidaire Undermount Kitchen Sink
Most homeowners go for an undermount kitchen sink and you can easily understand why from the Frigidaire Kitchen Sink. This model offers more clearance around your sink, enabling you to clean your dishes better.
Furthermore, this model makes storing your clean and dirty dishes much easier. Also, it is a stainless steel sink, meaning that it is rust resistant and is made of 16-gauge steel. Another notable thing of the sink is the 10 inches deep bowl that is able to accommodate large dishes and pots.
Lastly, it is very easy to install the sink and it comes with superb sound canceling pads that ensure you have a silent operation. It is also a very affordable sink – it won’t leave a hole in your wallet.
4. KRAUS Pax 24 Inches 18-Gauge Undermount Single Bowls Utility Sink
This model is made of high-quality stainless steel material that provides it durability and strength. It also features a firm 18-gauge that is easy to clean, rust-resistant, and corrosion-free. Its commercial quality satin body makes it ideal for use in any kitchen.
Just like most sinks on the list, its operation is whisper quiet, thanks to the NoiseDefend soundproofing tech with a non-toxic SoundGuard undercover. Furthermore, it has an extra-thick pad that covers about 80 percent of the sink.
The package comes with a premium kitchen towel, cutout template, mounting hardware, and drainpipe clear. Also, you get a lifetime limited warranty that ensures your kitchen is replaced in case it gets damaged due to a manufacturing fault.
5. Zuhne Modena 30 Inches Undermount 16-Gauge Single Bowl Kitchen Sink
This is one of the top-rated undermount kitchen sinks on the market today and you will soon understand why. The unit is constructed of a high-quality material, it comes at a great price, and has a great design.
Actually, it is made of a high-quality stainless steel material that makes it a superb addition to every home. And it is ideal for both the traditional and customary homes. The entire make is made of 16-gauge material and has a functional design.
The best part, you don’t need to worry about scratch or maintenance when it comes to this sink. It comes with rounded corners that make it easier to clean and the drain is located at the back of the sink for faster drainage.
6. Ruvati 34 Inches Undermount Double Bowl 16-Gauge Kitchen Sink
The Ruvati is a great sink company. This particular model is a double bowl sink that makes it an ideal pick if you are looking for additional functionality. Instead of being made of 100% stainless steel, the model comes with 80% natural quartz for the best resilience.
This model is able to withstand high temperatures and even sudden heat changes. What this means is that you can put your red-hot pots and pans on it without damaging it. Furthermore, it is quite hygienic and comes with a soft surface that resists dirt and grime.
Also, this model was made to provide an easy draining. Its bottom is sloped for faster draining. Additionally, the drain is well-located at the back to boost the sink’s storage and workroom.
7. Elkay Quartz Classic Single Bowl Undermount Sink
This white sink has zero rims and weighs only 26 pounds. It measures 25 x 18.5 x 9.5 inches and has a single basin that serves all the purpose. It is a classic unit – meaning that it will not come to pass. And you can easily match it with any color in your house.
The model is made from ultra-fine quartz sand that ensures it is chipping-resilient, nagging-proof, and untouched when scratched. Also, the sink can handle the heat of about 535 degrees F and has a stain resistance surface.
It is very easy to install this model. What’s more, the single provides more space so that your stacking dishes, washing, and performing other chores don’t get unfinished due to disruption.
8. Blanco 440180 Diamond 1¾ Inches Bowl
This sink is made from 80 percent granite to provide it a natural stone appearance. It is also one of the most durable units you can get on the market today. Another great thing about this sink is the hygienic nature since it’s easy to clean.
You will also be excited when you hear that it’s made of durable material that is chip and scratch resistant. Also, it is non-porous, meaning that it will resist any food stain. The bowl is 8 inches and 9-5 inches deep, providing you with sufficient space to clean pans, pots, and plates.
Another notable feature of this model is the limited lifetime warranty and is made to withstand heavy and long-term use.
Tips for Choosing Undermount Kitchen Sink
When looking for a kitchen sink, you want to have the answer to what is the best undermount kitchen sink. Here are the key things that you should consider when choosing your sink.
- Size – This one is straightforward. You will be in a better position when you get a large enough kitchen sink that will enable you to clean your pots and dishes comfortably.
- Gauge – A good number of these units are made of stainless steel, with their thickness being determined in gauge. Lower gauge means a thicker sink.
- Heat resistance – Sooner or later you will need to place hot pans and pots on your sink. Hence, invest in a model that can handle the high
- Noise control – You shouldn’t go for a sink that will keep on making noise when you are cleaning your dishes.
- The design – The best model should be modern, stylish, and attractive. Go for a unit that will complement the look in your kitchen.
- Price – You should only get what you can afford. With that said, it might be impossible to get a sink that will handle all the beating at the cheapest end of these products.
Best Undermount Kitchen Sink FAQs
Q: Why should I go for an undermount kitchen sink as opposed to another model?
A: It all comes to installation and how they leave your kitchen after the installation. They don’t leave rims hanging around, ensuring that your kitchen will be beautiful.
Q: Which is the best brand of undermount kitchen?
A: There is no one single brand that can be considered to be the best. However, some brands will offer durable sinks than others, some will be more affordable than others, while others will offer warranties. Ensure that you choose your model from a brand that is well-recognized.
Q: How hard is it to clean an undermount kitchen sink?
A: Ease of cleaning is always an important aspect when looking to buy a kitchen sink. The ease of cleaning will depend on the material used to make the sink and most models are easy to clean.
Q: Can I install an undermount kitchen sink by myself?
A: Yes. You can easily DIY when installing this type of sink if you choose the right model. Of important, ensure that the model you choose comes with all the parts and installation guide.
Q: What material is used to make an undermount kitchen sink?
A: Stainless steel is the commonly used material to make these sinks. The material lasts for years since it will resist corrosion and rust.
Q: Can an undermount kitchen sink hold pots?
A: This will depend on the size you choose. There are models that will hold your pans and pots with ease and there are others that cannot. Choose the ideal size for your needs.
We hope that you had a great time reading the above undermount kitchen sink review and buying the guide. Actually, I believe that you have chosen your preferred sink already. If not, simply follow our guide and you will get the best undermount kitchen sink for your kitchen within minutes.