UPDATED: Jan 09, 2020.
The quality of a vacuum cleaner can make a world of difference when you’re trying to suck up all the dirt and debris on the floors in your home. When quality increases, however, the price of the product often increases as well. If you are on a budget though, it is not feasible to spend several hundred dollars on a new vacuum cleaner.
At a Glance: Our Recommendations for Best Vacuum Cleaners Under $300:
- iRobot Roomba 690 Robot Vacuum (Top Pick)
- ECOVACS DEEBOT Robotic Vacuum Cleaner (Top Rated)
- eufy BoostIQ RoboVac 11S Vacuum Cleaner (Editor Choice)
- LOZAYI Cordless Handheld Vacuum Cleaner
- Eureka NEU180B Powerful Vacuum Cleaner
- BLACK+DECKER Dustbuster Handheld Vacuum
- Eureka NES210 Lightweight Stick Vacuum
- eufy BoostIQ RoboVac 30C Vacuum Cleaner
- Dyson V6 Motorhead Cord Free Vacuum
- BLACK+DECKER Dustbuster Cordless Vacuum
- Shark Rotator Powered Lift-Away TruePet Vacuum
- Tineco A10 Hero Cordless Vacuum Cleaner
- Bissell Swivel Pet Upright Vacuum Cleaner
- Shark Rocket DuoClean Vacuum Cleaner
- Shark Rocket Handheld Ultra-Light
- 1 Vacuum Cleaners Under $300
- 1.1 1. iRobot Roomba 690 Robot Vacuum
- 1.2 2. ECOVACS DEEBOT 500 Robotic Vacuum Cleaner
- 1.3 3. eufy BoostIQ RoboVac 11S Robot Vacuum Cleaner
- 1.4 4. LOZAYI Cordless Handheld Vacuum Cleaner
- 1.5 5. Eureka NEU180B Lightweight Powerful Upright Vacuum Cleaner
- 1.6 6. BLACK+DECKER Dustbuster Cordless Handheld Vacuum
- 1.7 7. Eureka NES210 Blaze 3-in-1 Swivel Lightweight Stick Vacuum, Black
- 1.8 8. eufy BoostIQ RoboVac 30C Robot Vacuum Cleaner
- 1.9 9. Dyson V6 Motorhead Cord Free Vacuum
- 1.10 10. BLACK+DECKER 16V Dustbuster Cordless Vacuum
- 1.11 11. Shark Rotator Powered Lift-Away TruePet Upright Vacuum, Bordeaux
- 1.12 12. Tineco A10 Hero Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner
- 1.13 13. Bissell Cleanview Swivel Pet Upright Bagless Vacuum Cleaner, Green
- 1.14 14. Shark Rocket DuoClean Ultra-Light Corded Bagless Stick Vacuum Cleaner
- 1.15 15. Shark Rocket Handheld Ultra-Light With TruePet Mini Motorized Brush, Maroon
- 2 Conclusion
Vacuum Cleaners Under $300
We have reviewed several vacuum cleaners that have a price tag under $300. This seems to be a reasonable target for those on a budget who want to invest in a vacuum cleaner that will last for a few years. Look at the features of the products below and see if any appeal to you. These are all high-quality products with a reasonable budget-friendly price tag.
1. iRobot Roomba 690 Robot Vacuum
The Roomba 690 from iRobot is a hands-free vacuum cleaner that uses a patented 3-stage cleaning system to help thoroughly clean your floors. Dual multi-surface brushes pick up small and large debris from your floor while dirt detection sensors alert the robot to work harder in areas of concentrated dirt.
With a low floor profile, the Roomba 690 can even clean under most furniture to leave your home spotless day after day. The Roomba automatically returns to its charging base when the battery gets low. This hands-free vacuum will simplify your life and give you back precious time!
- Hands-free robot vacuum cleaner
- 3-stage cleaning system
- Schedule and clean using the custom phone app
- Includes a dual mode virtual wall barrier to control where the robot cleans
- Does not do well at mapping rooms with a lot of furniture and obstacles
2. ECOVACS DEEBOT 500 Robotic Vacuum Cleaner
The DEEBOT 500 will give you up to 110 minutes of runtime which is longer than most robotic cleaners. It is equipped with 2 side brushes and a main brush to clean your whole home thoroughly.
It has a large dust collection bin and is great for homes with pet hair. The DEEBOT uses anti-drop and anti-collision sensors to keep itself safe while cleaning, and it automatically returns to the charging station when the battery gets depleted.
You can use the ECOVACS mobile app to schedule your cleaning times and even do spot cleanings. You will love getting time back while this robot keeps your floors clean.
- 110 minutes of run time
- 2 side brushes and a main brush
- Large dust collection bin
- Does not have virtual boundaries
- Does not include auto-boost on carpeting
3. eufy BoostIQ RoboVac 11S Robot Vacuum Cleaner
The eufy RoboVac 11S has less than a 3-inch profile which allows it to clean under most furniture in your home! It uses a triple-filter system to remove as much dust and debris from your home as possible. Multiple cleaning modes and a pre-set vacuuming time ensures you will achieve a clean result while you sit back and relax.
The RoboVac 11S cleans up to 100-minutes per charge. It will automatically return to the charging base when the battery is low so, it’s always ready to clean when you need it.
- Profile is less than 3-inches
- Large wheels help transitions
- 100-minutes of runtime
- Triple-filter system
- Automatically returns to base for recharging
- Not ideal for small homes as the charging base requires a 6-foot clear radius
4. LOZAYI Cordless Handheld Vacuum Cleaner
This cordless handheld vacuum by LOZAYI has a stainless steel HEPA filter that can be washed in water after each use. It has powerful suction to vacuum up all dirt and debris from floors, upholstery and other surfaces.
Attachments give you added flexibility to clean all areas of your home including above floor surfaces. It includes a convenient carrying case so you can take the vacuum on the go with you in the car. At less than $50, this vacuum will simplify your life and give you an easy spot-cleaning vacuum tool.
- Includes 4 attachments including a pet hair brush
- Stainless steel HEPA filter
- Up to 30-minutes of runtime
- Less than $50
- Suction power is weak for picking up pet hair
5. Eureka NEU180B Lightweight Powerful Upright Vacuum Cleaner
This upright vacuum cleaner from Eureka weighs less than 10-pounds. It has 5 height adjustment settings to tackle hardwood floors, carpets and even tile with ease.
The Eureka PowerSpeed vacuum has a 13-inch wide cleaning path and several attachments to meet all of your cleaning needs. The 2.6-liter dust cup has an easy-empty flip open lid for mess-free emptying.
The hose extension provides a reach of up to 7-feet for all your above surface cleaning areas. With a 3-year warranty, and a price that is under $100, you cannot go wrong with this corded upright vacuum cleaner.
- 13-inch cleaning path
- 7-foot hose extension
- Includes several cleaning attachments
- 2.6-liter dust cup
- Weighs only 10-pounds
- Does not work well on high-pile carpets
6. BLACK+DECKER Dustbuster Cordless Handheld Vacuum
This handheld vacuum by BLACK+DECKER lets you tackle large household messes and spills quickly. It has a large dirt bowl and the wide mouth design means it can pick up small debris as well as large debris.
Lithium technology provides powerful suction and an extended run time of up to 10-hours! The filter is washable and the clear bagless dirt bowl makes it easy to see when it needs to be emptied.
This vacuum comes with a wall-mount hanger for easy storage. It includes a push-in crevice tool and brush tool for additional cleaning capabilities.
- Large dirt bowl
- Wide mouth design
- Extended run time up to 10-hours
- Less than $35
- Does not work on pet hair
- Filter needs replaced periodically
7. Eureka NES210 Blaze 3-in-1 Swivel Lightweight Stick Vacuum, Black
The Eureka Blaze stick vacuum has a uniquely designed capture nozzle which sucks up anything that is in its path. Swivel steering lets you glide easily around the floors in your home while missing major furniture and other obstacles. It has an 18-foot power cord so you don’t have to hop from outlet to outlet.
Weighing only 4-pounds, this stick vacuum will greatly simplify your vacuuming process. Powerful suction ensures all dirt and debris are collected in the oversized dirt collection bin. You will love how much this vacuum sucks – your dirt!
- 3-in-1 product
- Converts into a hand vacuum, stair vacuum, and stick vacuum
- Swivel steering
- 18-foot power cord
- Lightweight at 4-pounds
- Suction is weak for high-pile carpets
8. eufy BoostIQ RoboVac 30C Robot Vacuum Cleaner
The RoboVac 30C by eufy is a slim yet powerful robot vacuum cleaner with Wi-Fi connectivity for scheduling and controlling the robot. It uses a 3-point cleaning system and strong suction power to loosen and extract dirt from hard floors and carpets.
This vacuum provides up to 100-minutes of cleaning time before it has to return to the charging base to recharge. Boundary strips allow you to define barriers so the RoboVac cleans only the areas you want cleaned. An advanced brushless motor keeps the robot vacuum cleaner quiet while it cleans your home.
- 3-point cleaning system
- Up to 100-minutes of runtime
- Boundary strips set room boundaries
- Wi-Fi connectivity
- Requires 2.4Ghz (Giga-hertz) Wi-Fi connection
- Does not tackle pet hair
9. Dyson V6 Motorhead Cord Free Vacuum
This vacuum by Dyson has a direct-drive cleaner head which drives bristles deeper into carpeting to remove more dirt. It provides up to 20-minutes of continuous run time and converts into a handheld vacuum that can be used for quick pickups anywhere you may need. It includes a combination attachment tool with a soft brush on one end and a crevice tool on the other.
A wall-mount base allows you to store the Dyson on the wall to recharge while not in use. A max power mode allows you to boost the suction power for increased dirt and debris pickup.
- Direct-drive cleaner head
- 20-minutes of runtime
- Max power mode to boost suction power
- Converts to a handheld vacuum
- Battery life diminishes quickly after a few months
10. BLACK+DECKER 16V Dustbuster Cordless Vacuum
This BLACK+DECKER handheld vacuum cleaner has a convenient 4-hour fast charging base. Lithium technology provides powerful suction and an extended run time. The battery holds a charge for up to 18-months! The rotating slim nozzle can be used for a variety of applications.
This vacuum comes with a 2-year limited warranty and is lightweight enough to tackle quick pickups and spills around your home. You will love the convenience and compact size of this rechargeable handheld vacuum cleaner.
- 4-hour fast charging base
- Extra large capacity dirt cup
- Lithium battery holds charge up to 18-months
- Rotating slim nozzle
- 2-year limited warranty
- Battery is not replaceable
- Filter needs replaced periodically
11. Shark Rotator Powered Lift-Away TruePet Upright Vacuum, Bordeaux
This upright vacuum cleaner from Shark allows you to lift the canister away and deep-clean those hard-to-reach areas. Powerful LED lights on the floor brush allow you to see what you’re vacuuming, especially under furniture and other objects.
Anti-Allergen Complete Seal Technology and a HEPA filter ensure that dust and allergens are trapped inside the machine and not outside. This vacuum will impress you with its ability to clean all the dirt, debris and pet hair in your home.
- Lift-Away canister
- LED lights on floor brush
- Fingertip controls
- Swivel steering
- HEPA filtration and Complete Seal Technology traps all dust and dirt
- Brush roll needs cleaned frequently to clear it of pet hair
12. Tineco A10 Hero Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner
The A10 Hero vacuum cleaner by Tineco has a brushless motor for ultra-quiet powerful suction. The detachable battery pack provides up to 25-minutes of run time. You can even purchase a separate replacement battery so you can have a spare to run your vacuum longer. It has an easy-to-empty dust collection bin so your hands never need to get dirty!
The floor brush has LED lights so you can see what is ahead of you while vacuuming. Additional attachments provide you with all the tools you need to clean your floors and hard surfaces thoroughly.
- Brushless motor for ultra-quiet suction
- 25-minutes of run time
- Battery is replaceable
- Floor brush has LED lights
- Includes attachment tools
- Converts to a handheld
- Suction is not strong
13. Bissell Cleanview Swivel Pet Upright Bagless Vacuum Cleaner, Green
The Cleanview vacuum from Bissell has powerful suction to pick up even the toughest of pet hair. Specialized pet tools provide deeper cleaning with a pet hair corner tool.
Swivel steering helps you easily maneuver around furniture and other obstacles while vacuuming. This vacuum has edge to edge cleaning technology so it will tackle dirt along your baseboards.
The bottom, easy-empty dirt bin makes emptying the dirt quick and mess-free. The hose length on this vacuum is 6-feet so you can reach those above floor surfaces.
- Tough on pet hair
- Includes a specialized pet hair corner attachment
- Swivel steering
- Edge to edge cleaning technology
- Easy-empty dirt bin
- Hair must be manually removed frequently from the brush roll
14. Shark Rocket DuoClean Ultra-Light Corded Bagless Stick Vacuum Cleaner
This ultra-light vacuum by Shark has a dual brush to get rid of all debris on your hard floors and carpets. The vacuum cleaner does not have a front wall on the floor brush so it won’t push dirt and debris around. Instead it will suction it directly into the dirt collection cup so you can vacuum more quickly and with less frustration.
This 10-pound vacuum converts easily into a handheld vacuum to reach any area of your home. Powerful LED lights on the handheld vacuum and nozzle ensure you can see everything you are vacuuming. It has a pet multi-tool to capture all embedded pet hair on surfaces such as carpeting and upholstery.
- Dual brush roll
- No front wall on brush roll so debris is not pushed around
- LED lights when converted to a handheld vacuum
- Tackles pet hair
- Lightweight at 10-pounds
- Hair must be manually removed frequently from the brush roll
15. Shark Rocket Handheld Ultra-Light With TruePet Mini Motorized Brush, Maroon
This Shark Rocket vacuum weighs less than 4-pounds and is easy to carry around your home. It has a TruePet motorized brush for handheld deep cleaning to pick up pet hair. The dust cup can be emptied easily with the touch of a button.
This vacuum is great for quick pickups and cleaning above floor surfaces such as stairs and car interiors. It includes several attachments and uses filters that are washable and reusable.
If you are tired of dealing with pet hair in your home, then consider this Shark vacuum. The TruePet motorized brush is designed to make pet hair cleanup and easy task.
- Weighs less than 4-pounds
- Includes a TruePet motorized brush
- Dust cup is emptied with the touch of a button
- Includes several attachments
- Motorized attachment is not covered by the manufacturer’s warranty
There are many options available when looking for an inexpensive, long-lasting vacuum cleaner. These reviews give you insights into the differences between robot cleaners, stick vacuums and handheld vacuums. Before choosing a vacuum cleaner, determine if you want a full-house vacuum or something to do spot cleanups. This will help you narrow down your options. Vacuuming is a pain, but it doesn’t have to be expensive!