Find the best vacuum for Intex above ground pool can be a tall order if you have never used these cleaners before or you don’t know what you want. If you are looking for a model that you can use to vacuum your facility, I want to make that process easier by giving you a review of the top nine products out there.
Keep in mind that these vacuums can be used to clean other brands of above ground pools as well. Let look at these vacuums that you should get for your Intex pool.
- 1 Vacuum for Intex Above Ground Pool Reviews: Top 9 Reviews
- 1.1 1. Intex Auto Pool Cleaner
- 1.2 2. Intex Handheld Rechargeable Vacuum
- 1.3 3. Aquabot AJET122 Pool Rover S2-50 Robotic Pool Cleaner
- 1.4 4. Hayward 900 Wanda the Whale Suction Above-Ground Pool Cleaner
- 1.5 5. XtremePowerUS Automatic Suction Vacuum-Generic Climb Wall Pool Cleaner 75037
- 1.6 6. Intex 3000 GPH Above Ground Pool Sand Filter Pump and Intex Automatic Vacuum
- 1.7 7. Dolphin Escape Robotic Above Ground Pool Cleaner
- 1.8 8. Water Tech Pool Blaster Max Li Pool & Spa Cleaner
- 1.9 9. Pentair 360100 Kreepy Krauly Lil Shark Above Ground Pool Cleaner
- 2 Robotic VS Suction VS Manual Vacuum Cleaner
- 3 FAQs
- 4 Final Words
Vacuum for Intex Above Ground Pool Reviews: Top 9 Reviews
Here are the nine vacuums that you can use to clean your Intex above-ground swimming pool.
1. Intex Auto Pool Cleaner
Intex Auto Pool Cleaner is a vacuum that can clean your Intex pool, and it offers between 1,600 to 3,500 GPH. It is a model that you can easily attach to your pool’s inlet connector of up to 24’7” hose.
Another thing you should note about this model is that you should use it for Intex above ground pools with 1.5 inches hose fittings. The model comes with a manual that you can follow when installing it to ensure that you set it up correctly and remove all air pockets.
One thing that makes it an excellent vacuum is the ability to accept various replacement parts from the market. It is a model that can last for years to provide you with value for your money.
- Easy to set up the cleaner
- Comes with installation manual
- Lasts for a long time
- Not for an inground pool
2. Intex Handheld Rechargeable Vacuum
The next model on my list is a handheld device that uses batteries to provide the cleaning power you want. It comes with powerful, built-in Ni-MH batteries that allow you to enjoy the powerful cleaning suction you have always wanted for your swimming pool.
You can use this cleaner with a PureSpas and an above ground swimming pool of about 18 feet diameter. One feature that makes it useful is the two interchangeable brush heads that let you choose the one that suits your cleaning needs.
There is also a USB cable that comes in handy when recharging the battery, and it is 100% waterproof to allow you to submerge it without any fear. Another great feature is the automatic shutoff that saves the power when the cleaner is not under the water.
- Vacuums debris and dirt
- Able to resist water
- Has rechargeable batteries
- Need to be submerged to work properly
3. Aquabot AJET122 Pool Rover S2-50 Robotic Pool Cleaner
Aquabot is another brand that produces pool cleaners that you can use to clean your above ground pool by Intex. It is a robotic unit that allows you to leave it in your as it cleans, giving you time to engage in other activates.
It can work for all pool surfaces and shapes and can handle a pool of up to 50 feet. Besides, it is a versatile device that you can use for your above ground pool or a small inground facility.
One feature that I find to be effective is the two brushes that help to remove debris and dirt for effective and deep cleaning. There is also a filter basket that helps to contain fine trash when cleaning the pool.
- Top access filter media
- 50 feet king free swivel cable
- Enhance treads for climbing
- Filters only 80 gallons per minutes
4. Hayward 900 Wanda the Whale Suction Above-Ground Pool Cleaner
Hayward 900 Wanda comes with a unique gearing system that offers constant balanced water flow to ensure quiet operation. The feature also comes in handy to ensure that the vacuum cleaner moves gently across your Intex pool while at the bottom to provide effective cleaning.
Another feature that I love of this model is the latest, contoured head design that makes it possible to steer around in a constant pattern. You can have the confidence knowing that the unit will clean your swimming pool within the shortest time possible.
The other thing you should note is that it takes less than 10 minutes to install the vacuum cleaner and you don’t need any tool to do that. There is a deluxe bumper ring on the vacuum that helps to minimize friction to allow smooth movement on the walls.
- 12 months warranty
- Easy to program the steering pattern
- Able to minimize friction
- Requires assembling
5. XtremePowerUS Automatic Suction Vacuum-Generic Climb Wall Pool Cleaner 75037
XtremePowerUS is another brand that helps to create vacuums that you can use to clean an Intex above ground pool. The package comes with up to 10 hoses that allow you to reach up to 30 feet when cleaning your swimming pool.
Another thing that I find to be interesting with this pool cleaner is the ability to clean walls and the surface of your swimming pool. It requires a 1HP pool pump to function effectively and comes with a 12 months warranty for all the parts.
You might also consider choosing this vacuum cleaner if you want a device that you can install without using any tool. It is also a fast model that moves around the pool with a speed of about 12 feet per minute.
- Comes with up to 10 hoses
- Comes with a comprehensive user manual
- Cleans walls and floors pools
- Not for cleaning stairs
6. Intex 3000 GPH Above Ground Pool Sand Filter Pump and Intex Automatic Vacuum
Intex 3000 GPH is a model that was designed to use the Intex 3000 GPH Krystal Clear Above Ground Pool Filter. It provides up to six function controls that allow you to maintain the filter pump with settings for drain, rinse, backwash, recirculate, standard filtering, and close system.
The system requires between 110-120 volts of power and can filter up to 3K gallons of water per 60 minutes. It is highly recommended for an above-ground facility with about 16 feet diameter or 5k gallons of water.
One feature that makes it a must-have model is the quality construction that ensures you get a cleaner that can last for years. It is a system that can give you value for your money and continues to clean your pool for years.
- Comes from a reputable brand
- Easy to use
- Quite efficient in vacuuming
- Slightly expensive
7. Dolphin Escape Robotic Above Ground Pool Cleaner
Dolphin Escape has a sleek design that makes it the right vacuum for an above-ground swimming pool and is quite affordable. One feature I love of this model is the absence of a bag that can mess things when you are emptying the trash.
Instead, it comes with a large cartridge that can hold 60% more dirt compared to the standard bag. Another feature of this unit is the Hypergrrip continuous tracks that improve the traction of the vacuum cleaner.
It also comes with hyperbrush active scrubbing brush that scrubs away tough messes without much hassle or power. Another feature of this cleaner is the SmartNav 2.0 Robotic Scanning that helps to map the cleaning path for effective cleaning.
- Weighs only 14 pounds
- Energy-efficient model
- Has a 12 months warranty
- Hard to set the cleaning schedule
8. Water Tech Pool Blaster Max Li Pool & Spa Cleaner
Water Tech Pool Blaster is a convenient model that is powered by a lithium-ion battery that gives it extend cleaning time. It also comes with an easy push-button that you can use to turn it on or off without any hassle.
The package comes with a reusable x-treme multilayer filter that helps to collect fine and large debris from your swimming pool. You can use the model for up to 60 minutes without needing to recharge it, giving you enough time to clean your swimming pool.
And the best part is that you can use it for all spa and pools, including the Intex ultra frame pool and Intex easy set pool. It is a cleaner that helps to make your pool look new and is quite affordable – it provides value for the money.
- Convenience to use
- Provides up to 60 minutes of operation
- Removes even the toughest of messes
- Needs to be recharged after 60 minutes
9. Pentair 360100 Kreepy Krauly Lil Shark Above Ground Pool Cleaner
Pentair 360100 Kreepy Krauly model comes with dual-band of bristles that help to scrub debris while providing dominant vacuuming power. The two features combine to ensure that all the dirt is collected within minutes to make your pool ready for swimming.
You can easily program the device to provide better coverage that cannot be achieved by most vacuum cleaners on the market today. It is a model that gives you peace of mind and ensures that nothing is left behind after a cleaning session.
What I found to be more interesting is the ability of the cleaner to clean up to 10 inches at a go and clean thoroughly. It also comes with a simple design that ensures less parts are moving.
- No assembly required
- Minimal moving parts for durability
- Covers every corner of your pool
- A bit expensive
Robotic VS Suction VS Manual Vacuum Cleaner
Robotic Pool Vacuums
They are the most expensive models on the market today and comes with internal motors that drive them inside the swimming pool. These units require their power outlet, so you should ensure that you dedicate one socket for your cleaner.
A robotic pool vacuum works automatically, moving all over the floor of your swimming pool to collect dirt, debris, and other materials. I have reviewed some of these cleaners to help you get the right one for your Intex swimming pool.
Suction Pool Vacuums
These vacuums are also ideal for Intex pool and are often called the creepy-crawly or barracuda kind of pool vacuums. You can easily recognize a suction pool vacuum as it comes with a massive rubber flange that is located at the bottom to help create suction.
It is that suction that helps to collect debris, dirt, leaves, and other material located at the bottom of your swimming pool. Some of these models can easily clean the walls of your Intex pool to ensure that you get a pool that is cleaned thoroughly.
Most of these units get their power from your pool pump and do not need any external power source.
Handheld or Manual Pool Vacuum
As the name says, a manual pool vacuum is a model that you need to operate using your hands. However, that doesn’t mean that you need to wear cleaning gear and get wet.
They easily attach to a telescopic pole to allow you to submerge them into your swimming pool and move them around manually to clean your Intex pool. These models are also lightweight enough to allow you to use them without getting tired.
So, what is the best vacuum for Intex pools? No one pool vacuum cleaner can be said to be better than the other. Every pool owner has his/her unique taste and needs.
Q: How to Hook Up Vacuum for Intex Above Ground Pool?
A: Follow these steps:
- Turn off your pool’s filter pump
- Unscrew the nozzle from the return connector when inside the pool
- Screw the part of the hose with the adaptor to the threaded strainer connector when inside the pool
- Connect the other sections of the hose
Q: What Size Vacuum Hose for Intex Pool?
A: Intex vacuum hoses measure 1.5” diameter and 25’ in length. They come with hose cuffs that let you separate the hoses when shortening or connecting them to add length.
Q: How to Make a Vacuum for Intex Pool?
A: You will need a vacuum bag, garden hose, and a telescoping handle. Now follow these steps:
- Connect the container to the right valve of your garden hose vacuum body
- Remove the telescoping handle from the leaf skimmer
- Insert the handle to the garden hose
- Use the telescoping handle to move the vacuum in your swimming pool
Q: How to Use Vacuum for Intex Pool?
A: Here is how you can use your vacuum for Intex pool:
- Connect the vacuum head to the end of your telescopic pole. It will allow you to move the device around the base of your swimming pool.
- Connect one end of your vacuum hose to the head you connected to the pole.
- Hold the pole with your hand and lower the system into your swimming pool.
- Ensure that one end of the hose is left on the ground.
- Located the filter skimmer.
- Connect the other end of the hose to the water intake nozzle.
- Switch the nozzle to intake mode and move the vacuum head along the floor using the pole.
- Disconnect the system when you are done.
I have given you a comprehensive review of the best vacuum for Intex above ground pool and shown you how to choose the best model. Now you can make an informed decision when buying your vacuum cleaner.