Is it possible to get a vacuum cleaner for less than $200? Yes. And most of these affordable vacuums will perform better than more expensive models.
You should realize that spending all your money on a vacuum doesn’t always mean that you will find a quality model. There are various models on the market today, ranging from canisters to handheld unit that goes for under $200.
Continue reading our review of the best vacuums under $200 for 2019 to have an idea of which model to choose.
At a Glance: Our 15 Choices for Best Vacuums under $200 to Feature in This Article:
- Eureka Canister Vacuum Cleaner (Top Pick)
- Kenmore 81214 Vacuum (Top Rated)
- Ovente Canister Cyclonic Vacuum (Editor Choice)
- Hoover Commercial Canister Vacuum
- LOZAYI 7KPA Handheld Vacuum
- BLACK+DECKER Cordless Vacuum
- FUJIWAY 6500PA Handheld Vacuum
- U-CHAIN AI 5KPA Handheld Vacuum
- ECOVACS DEEBOT Robotic Vacuum
- ILIFE A4s Robot Vacuum Cleaner
- Eureka NES215A Vacuum Cleaner
- ONSON Cordless Vacuum
- MOOSOO XL-618A Cordless Vacuum
- Eureka NEU180B Vacuum Cleaner
- Shark Rotator NV501 Vacuum
- 1 Reviews of Top 15 Vacuums Under $200
- 1.1 1. Eureka Mighty Mite 3670G Canister Vacuum Cleaner
- 1.2 2. Kenmore 81214 200 Series Vacuum
- 1.3 3. Ovente ST2000 Canister Cyclonic Vacuum
- 1.4 4. Hoover Commercial CH3000 Canister Vacuum
- 1.5 5. LOZAYI 7KPA Handheld Vacuum
- 1.6 6. BLACK+DECKER CHV1410L Cordless Vacuum
- 1.7 7. FUJIWAY 6500PA Handheld Vacuum
- 1.8 8. U-CHAIN AI 5KPA Handheld Vacuum
- 1.9 9. ECOVACS DEEBOT N79S Robotic Vacuum
- 1.10 10. ILIFE A4s Robot Vacuum Cleaner
- 1.11 11. Eureka NES215A Vacuum Cleaner
- 1.12 12. ONSON Cordless Vacuum
- 1.13 13. MOOSOO XL-618A Cordless Vacuum
- 1.14 14. Eureka NEU180B Vacuum Cleaner
- 1.15 15. Shark Rotator NV501 Vacuum
- 2 Factors to Consider When Buying a Vacuum Cleaner under $200
- 3 In Conclusion
Reviews of Top 15 Vacuums Under $200
Our editors picked the top 15 vacuum cleaners that you can find on the market for less than $200. Here is their comprehensive review:
1. Eureka Mighty Mite 3670G Canister Vacuum Cleaner
The 3670G from Eureka is recommended for quick and thorough cleaning of all your surfaces. Perfect for home use, the unit has an auto shut-off that protects it from overheating when in operation.
The model also includes a blower port that blows debris from workshop or garage with ease. Its lightweight nature makes it safe and comfortable to use all day on bare-floor and cause no damage.
Another notable feature is the power-touch handle that comes with easy-to-use fingertip controls. It also has a bare-floor nozzle and deluxe floor brush that add to its efficiency when cleaning surfaces.
- Easy-to-use controls
- Perfect for cleaning bare floors
- Easy to use and maintain
- Dies after a while
2. Kenmore 81214 200 Series Vacuum
This is a bagged canister vacuum that is made to clean all surfaces and areas of your home, kitchen, garage, and car. It does all this efficiently and quickly, saving you effort and time that you would have wasted if you got another vacuum.
Its enhanced HEPA filter mechanism collects up to 99.97% of dander, dust, and debris and traps it in the canister. This means that you can use this model to prevent allergens from spreading in your house.
At less than 20lbs, this model is easy to carry around and maneuver when cleaning your home. It also comes with 3 attachments, which are crevice tool, bare floor, and dusting brush for convenient and effective cleaning.
- 24-foot retractable cord
- Easy to maneuver around
- Lightweight model
- Bad customer service
3. Ovente ST2000 Canister Cyclonic Vacuum
Equipped with 1200W, this cyclonic vacuum cleaner has enough power to clear the toughest of dirt. It uses the cyclonic suction power to clean airflow that sucks dirt via the hose within minutes.
Another great feature is the latest multi-level filtration that removes up to 99.97% of allergies in your house. To offer value, the model comes with a few attachments for cleaning different surfaces such as a telescopic metal wand, floor brush, and combination crevice nozzle.
It is transparent to allow you to see when it needs emptying.
- Value for the money
- Easy to maintain
- Comes with additional attachments
- Wand is short
4. Hoover Commercial CH3000 Canister Vacuum
If you are looking for a vacuum cleaner that is unique, then try out the Hoover Commercial CH3000 Canister Vacuum. This unit comes with a reusable cloth bag, or you can use a paper to collect the dirt.
Built-in blower enables you to enjoy more versatility when maintaining and cleaning your house. The compact design lets you clean small detail areas and tight spaces like inside your car.
Its motor of 7.4 amps comes in handy to provide the necessary power for maximum suction ability. Besides, the hose stretches easily for extended reach of every corner of your house.
- Unique design
- Option to use a paper bag or cloth
- Compact design for easy storage
- Cord clip falls off
5. LOZAYI 7KPA Handheld Vacuum
The LOZAYI vacuum cleaner is a long-lasting model with 304 stainless steel filter that traps in even the finest of dirt. It can collect even the toughest of trash from your floors due to its sufficient cyclonic suction power.
What’s more, the filter can be washed, saving you money that you would have used to buy new ones every time they get clogged.
Offering 3o minute of continues operation, you can clean your house within 30 minutes and take it to charge for the next use. Talking of charging, it takes between 3 to 4 hours for its battery to get fully charged.
- Has a carrying bag
- Comes with a one year warranty
- Easily collects dirt and hair
- Takes time to empty the bag
6. BLACK+DECKER CHV1410L Cordless Vacuum
One great thing about CHV1410L is the long-lasting lithium-ion that provides outstanding performance. When left idle, the battery can remain charged for 18 months – meaning that it is always ready for use.
Smart Charge Technology uses 50% less energy when cleaning your home and still provide excellent suction power. The suction power is further enhanced by the cyclonic action that helps to clean the filter.
Another feature of the unit is the translucent bagless dirt bowl that enables you to see when the dirt is full to empty it. The unit comes with a 24-month warranty.
- A 24 months warranty
- Charging instructions are provided
- Great cyclonic power
- Battery not replaceable
7. FUJIWAY 6500PA Handheld Vacuum
The cordless nature of this vacuum cleaner frees your navigation when cleaning your rooms. It is highly portable to enable you to carry it up to the stairs or even another place that you might want to clean.
The unit has a lithium-ion battery that is attached to the machine that offers long-lasting power. It takes between 3 to 4 hours for the battery to get to charged, and when full, it can provide up to 25 minutes of continues cleaning.
This unit comes with 3 accessories: a brush, a flexible pipe option, and a crevice nozzle. It uses a HEPA filter which is cleanable to help you save money.
- 30 days money-back guarantee
- Comes with a lifetime warranty
- Long-lasting battery
- Offers cleaning for just 25 minutes
8. U-CHAIN AI 5KPA Handheld Vacuum
The U-CHAIN AI uses a 120W power motor that delivers high suction of up to 5Kpa to clean up every mess in your home. It also boasts of cyclonic ability that keeps the filter clean while providing power.
With 5 attachments, this is a versatile model that will clean sofa, stair, crevices, and other out-of-reach places. Thanks to being cordless, the model won’t tangle while you are washing and is also very light.
You can easily attach its stainless steel HEPA filter, and you don’t need to replace it regularly –clean it. The battery takes just 4 hours to get charged fully and offer v30 minutes of vacuuming.
- Retain memory when charging
- Easy to use and maintain
- Has HEPA filters
- Takes time to remove the filter
9. ECOVACS DEEBOT N79S Robotic Vacuum
Equipped with the main brush and 2 side brushes, DEBOOT will not only sweep and lift but also vacuum your entire floor – edges or small areas. It boasts of the latest technology that allows you to control it with your voice.
When on MAX mode, the model can offer up to 2X suction power for effective mess cleaning. And it can last for about 110 minutes when running in low mode.
Another thing, its battery last-longer and the unit comes with a one year warranty. In the package, you get side brushes, charging dock, remote control, cleaning tool, and high-efficiency air filter.
- 2x cleaning power
- Voice command
- Long operating time
- The outer cover is not quality
10. ILIFE A4s Robot Vacuum Cleaner
This is a robotic cleaner that you can set to start cleaning your house before you get home. When done, the unit will return to its charging base to get ready for the next cleaning session.
It boasts of a Gen 3 CyclonePower cleaning mechanism that offers strong suction to clean high traffic areas. Besides, you can adjust it to suit your floor type, be it hardwood, laminate, tile, carpet, or more.
The superior battery provides up to 140 minutes of cleaning power, and it lasts longer. It also has multiple smart sensors that prevent it from falling off stairs or bumping around.
- A 12 months warranty
- Uses a remote control
- Effective charging dock
- Requires maintenance
11. Eureka NES215A Vacuum Cleaner
The 3-in-1 design of NES215A enables you to personalize your vacuuming to suit your needs. The unit weighs just 4 pounds that make it easier to operate for extended hours without feeling fatigued.
The other great feature of the model is the swivel steering that enhances movement and cleaning power when compared to other vacuum cleaners. Its nozzle can collect large dirt with ease and is ideal for area rugs, low pile carpets, and hard floors.
Powerful two amps motor collects particles such as pollen and dust, while the cleanable filtration system traps the debris to ensure it doesn’t get back to the air.
- Great 3-in-1 design
- A lightweight model
- Cleans various floors
- Complicated to operate
12. ONSON Cordless Vacuum
ONSON Cordless Vacuum offers quiet operation when cleaning your home and offers excellent power when in MAX mode. The unit can suck up pet hair, dust, and other debris from hardwood floor within minutes.
Wireless construction means that there is no hassle with tangled cords that is common with wired units. It is a lightweight vacuum cleaner that weighs just 4.85 pounds, making it easy to move around your home.
The model easily converts to a handheld unit and comes with 2 snap-on tools. Besides, the vacuum cleaner, you get a crevice tool, charging adapter, vacuum dusting brush, and sweeping brush.
- Turns to a handheld unit
- Best for gifting someone
- Quiet operation
- Brushed get damaged easily
13. MOOSOO XL-618A Cordless Vacuum
The MOOSOO XL-618A offers an outstanding 45 minutes of cordless cleaning session all over your home. It provides 120W power of suction to meet your daily cleaning needs such as picking up dust, debris, pet hair, and crumbs.
Moreover, it is an excellent unit for vacuuming all kinds of floors, including carpet and hardwood, and it can also clean the desk, curtain, desk, sofa, and bed. The unit generates a high speed rotating airflow that removes dirt from the air.
Also, it has a HEPA filter that you can wash to recycle instead of buying a new one. It is also a lightweight model that weighs just 3.3 pounds.
- The battery takes 5 hours to recharge
- Has a 24 months warranty
- Cleans different types of floors
- The user manual is not clear
14. Eureka NEU180B Vacuum Cleaner
The Eureka NEU180B weighs just 10 pounds and is an upright vacuum cleaner that you can carry around your house with ease. It offers 5 height adjustments ability that enables you to clean area rugs, carpets, hardwood floors, and tiles.
With a 2.6L dust cup, you can have peace of mind knowing that you will clean for hours without needing to empty the model. The unit dusting brush, upholstery tool, and extra-long crevice tool can be kept on board on the vacuum.
You don’t need to maintain the unit –clean the filter and empty the dust cup.
- No maintenance cost
- A large dust cup
- Five adjustable settings
- Weak attachments
15. Shark Rotator NV501 Vacuum
Press a button to carry the vacuum to the place you want to clean, and it can reach even the tightest of corners. It boasts of an anti-allergen feature that enables you to trap up to 99.9% of allergens and dust inside the canister.
The advanced swivel steering allows for excellent control and movement around furniture. It also has LED headlights that guide its action in the house.
XL-dust cup enables prolonged cleaning ability without having to stop and empty the canister.
- Traps 99.9% of allergens
- Excellent control
- Easy to move around
- A short time warranty
Factors to Consider When Buying a Vacuum Cleaner under $200
Here is a list of the things that you should consider when buying a vacuum cleaner that goes for less than $200.
- Floor-type – The vacuum cleaner you choose should clean your floor type without causing any damage.
- Weight – You should consider getting a vacuum cleaner that is portable and lightweight. A model that you can use to clean your house for hours without getting tired.
- Noise level – You shouldn’t buy a vacuum cleaner that makes a lot of noise when cleaning.
- Bagged or bagless – A bagged model will require constant replacement, meaning more money. A bagless model requires regular emptying.
- Air filtration – This is especially important for people suffering from allergy. Go for a model with the HEPA filter.
- Motorized brush and suction power – This is important to ensure that your vacuum cleaner removes even the toughest of dirt and debris.
- Warranty – A quality model should come with a warranty that covers defects. The warranty will show you if the machine you purchase will be durable or not. It will also show if the model is quality or not.
We have reviewed the best vacuums under $200 on the market today. All the products on our list are of top-quality and will get the job done within minutes.