The best way to conserve more water in your house is to have adequate water-saving gadgets. The waterless urinals don’t make use of water to flush your urine, and they ensure no unpleasant odor is coming out of your bathroom. On the market today, there are myriads of products, but how can you know the best waterless urinals? Read about the 6 most patronized and top-rated products in this article.
- 1 Waterless Urinals reviews: 6 Best-selling Models
- 1.1 1. Sloan 1001500 Waterless Urinal with Sealed & Replaceable Cartridge
- 1.2 2. 2104 Baja Water-Free Urinal, 2 EcoTrap Insert & Mounting Hardware
- 1.3 3. KOHLER K-4918-0 White Steward Waterless Urinal with Removable Strainer
- 1.4 4. Sloan WES-1000 Water-free Urinal with Sealed Locking Cartridge
- 1.5 5. Zurn Z5795 Large Water-free Urinal with Liquid Sealant
- 1.6 6. Kohler K-4917-0 White Steward Wall-Mount Water-Free Urinal
- 2 Frequently Asked Questions
- 3 Conclusions
Waterless Urinals reviews: 6 Best-selling Models
The following products are 6 best-selling waterless urinals you can find on the market in 2020, please read on!
1. Sloan 1001500 Waterless Urinal with Sealed & Replaceable Cartridge
This Sloan waterless urinal with a patented design is uniquely made to minimize your water usage significantly and save you from the exorbitant monthly bill. Sloan 1001500 has an ergonomic sealed locking cartridge, which allows the urine to flow into the cartridge. It is 100 percent biodegradable and prevents foul smells from coming out of your bathroom. This unit comes with cartridge installation and removal tools such as a disposal bag and hand protective gloves to make the installation process safer and more comfortable. This item is produced from recyclable ABS.
- Easy to replace and install
- Comes with waterless urinal repair cartridge
- Features installation tools
- Mechanical-free design
- Features indicator to notify you when to replace
- Has no warranty
2. 2104 Baja Water-Free Urinal, 2 EcoTrap Insert & Mounting Hardware
This Baja ceramic waterless urinal is compact and relatively affordable for all potential buyers. It can save approximately thirty to forty-five gallons of water in a year per urinal. Baja water-free urinal meets the American Disability Act (ADA) standard and comes with double EcoTrap inserts and cartridges. Utilizes its superior gravity to drain urine into the inner layer of BlueSeal liquid mastic. This liquid helps to encapsulate the unpleasant smell so that the odor of urine does not go away. The featured EcoTrap needs replacement twice a year while the BlueSeal liquid mastic must be replaced after 1500 uses.
- ADA compliant water-free urinal
- The replacement cartridge is affordable
- Does not allow odor to escape
- Compact and lightweight
- Cartridge and liquid require constant change
3. KOHLER K-4918-0 White Steward Waterless Urinal with Removable Strainer
This KOHLER Steward can save 40,000 gallons of water annually, which translates that you will also have more savings on water bills. Another notable benefit of this urinal is that the model is easy to set up. This product comes with all the necessary tools for installation without any additional cost. It changed the urine functionality as it offers a maximum splash-free area to hold the urine without allowing any drop to fall outside the urinal surface. Also, it is odorless and provides a more pleasant bathroom experience. You can always rely on this item for a clean, ready-to-use bathroom.
- Easy to install with all needed hardware included
- Comes with ample splash-free surface
- Eliminates sewage and water cost
- More economical and generally inexpensive
- The strainer needs to be removed with care
4. Sloan WES-1000 Water-free Urinal with Sealed Locking Cartridge
Sloan WES 1000 is exceptionally made to meet and exceed all your bathroom water-saving expectations and needs. Sloan is a renowned and reputable urinal manufacturer, and this honor gives you maximum reliability to count on this WES 1000. This urinal can save sewer and water cost and maintenance bills. Another essential feature of this item is the touch and water-free operation. It is equipped with an exclusive sealed locking cartridge that drains the urine and takes it down the tunnel. WES 1000 comes with double hanger brackets, which enables you to hang it on the wall.
- ADA Compliant with mountain height
- Saves up to 24000 gallons annually
- Produces no odor
- Touch and water-free operation
- Constant replacement of cartridges
5. Zurn Z5795 Large Water-free Urinal with Liquid Sealant
If you like to save more water, consider buying this Zurn water-free Urinal. This item provides an absolute hygienic water conservative solution for your home. The Zurn Z5795 utilizes a liquid sealant in place of a cartridge to control the urine odor. After installing this urinal, fill the trap with the sealant, and you are almost there. The urinal has a 14-inch elongated rim that prevents the urine from splashing all over the place. This Zurn comes with a 3-year warranty, so you can be sure that you will receive reliable service.
- Utilizes liquid sealant to trap odors
- Comes with a three-year warranty
- ADA compliant with height
- Extended rim inhibit splashing
- Sealant requires frequent changes to prevent unpleasant odors
6. Kohler K-4917-0 White Steward Wall-Mount Water-Free Urinal
The Steward Water-Free urinal provides significant service to potential customers by minimizing water, sewage and maintenance cost. This item can save like 40000 gallons per urinal in a year, depending on the installation type. It is uncomplicated to install, and you don’t need the help of a professional for the installation. Kohler K-4917-0 saves your time and effort in terms of cleaning because it requires minimal cleaning. This product has reformulated the prototype of urinal design and process by providing an ample splash-free surface.
- Easy maintenance with minimal cost
- Saves up to 40000 gallons per year
- Requires little effort for cleaning
- Offers maximum splash-free surface
- Equipped with sophisticated features to trap odors
- It is compact and lightweight
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What is Waterless Urinal?
A: Waterless urinals are those that do not need flushing with water after use. There are various types of water-free urinals but have two major types: liquid seal urinals and flexible silicone urinals. The liquid seal urinals are available in two significant designs (cartridge & integrated drain trap).
The cartridge model urinal utilizes several disposable inserts while the other one uses a liquid sealant to trap all the waste from the urinal bowl. Flexible silicone urinals do not use the liquid seal; instead, they utilize silicone diaphragm.
Q: How Do Waterless Urinals Work?
A: When you heard about the urinals and their functions, you might think they have been overrated, but honestly, they serve their purposes diligently, ranging from water-saving, minimal maintenance cost to odor prevention ability. These gadgets work by redirecting the urine through a one-way valve to the built-in trap where there is a lighter chemical than the urine. When the urine traverses via the trap, the liquid will circulate the urine and take it down the trap. The liquid seal is also covered so that odors will not seep back to the urinal. The trap will redirect the urine into the sewer system when it is full; hence there is a need for the liquid to be replaced.
Q: How to Clean Waterless Urinals?
A: The cleaning process of a waterless urinal may vary from one brand to another. However, the below-listed steps will be easier for you regardless of the brand you purchased.
- Wear your protective hand gloves (essential for cleaning restrooms)
- Detach all the external materials from the urinal. The trap inhibits massive waste from entering the sewer system.
- Sprinkle cleaner on the surface of your urinal and clean it using a mop
- Use a flimsy cleaning cloth to wipe the surface.
- Dry the surface
- Do not pour excess or rough water down to the trap of your waterless urinal to avoid flushing out the liquid sealant
The purpose of getting the best waterless urinal is to conserve water adequately and be free from extra-judicious spending on water and sewer bills. Before deciding on a particular model for your home, ensure that you are conversant with the ongoing maintenance costs associated with replacing cartridges and sealants, after knowing that you can buy any product and start enjoying an unlimited service of an odorless bathroom.