UPDATED: Jan 09, 2020.
Before we even start, you should know what Bissell ProHeat 2X Revolution Pet Pro is and what it is not. It IS a powerful, deep-cleaning carpet and upholstery machine with numerous uses and several attachments. Although the unit was made to clean pet messes, it does an excellent job in removing all manner of things.
The vacuum IS NOT your standard vac cleaner. What that means is that it isn’t the right model for cleaning hardwood and tiles despite coming in a superb design.
Bissell ProHeat 2X Specifications
- Product dimensions: 15 x 12.5 x 43.5 inches
- Product weight: 17.5 pounds
- Item model number: 1986
- Cleaning time: 30 minutes
Bissell ProHeat 2X Main Features
There are a lot of features that come with this cleaner that makes it a better carpet cleaner than most units out there. Some of these features include:
Dual DirtLifter Power Brushes
The manufacturer calls this machine the Dual DirtLifter Power Brushes cleaner since it comes with two roller brushes that have stiff bristles. That enables the unit to dig deep into your carpet when cleaning them.
You cannot compare the unit to other hard floor cleaners that come with one roller brush, which have decrease agitation.
Two Power Modes
Another feature of the cleaner is the two power modes, namely the express clean and deep cleaning mode.
The model is preferred by most people since it doesn’t dump the carpet as it uses less cleaning solutions. It is the mode for cleaning your area rug or carpet when you are in a hurry, and it ensures that your surface dries within 60 minutes.
Specifically, we would recommend you to use this mode when cleaning rugs as it does not use powerful suction or excess water.
Deep cleaning is the other mode that you can choose when cleaning your high pile carpet. It works on all types of rugs from thick to thin because it comes with a roller brush that adjusts automatically to the level of your floor.
It uses more water than the express clean, taking longer to dry and, therefore, not recommended for everyday cleaning. However, it will offer you the best outcome when cleaning your floors.
Also, ensure that you vacuum your carpet before you use the deep cleaning mode.
EZ Clean Brush Roll Cover
It is always a hassle to maintain a carpet cleaner. That is not the case with the ProHeat 2x Revolution because Bissell has ensured that you get an easy time when maintaining it by installing a removable brush roll cover.
You can easily access the brush for maintenance and cleaning purpose. And you don’t need complicated tools to open it.
2-in-1 Pet Upholstery Tool
The 2x Revolution is not just a carpet cleaner. It features a useful tool known as a pet upholstery tool.
That means the cleaner will clean the upholstery and also clean tight areas where the standard cleaning head cannot reach. Thus, you can clean under the bed to ensure that you get rid of all the messes from your home.
ProHeat 2x Cleaning Performance
The way the unit cleans carpet is quite impressive. You can easily differentiate the cleaned part and the dirty one.
The cleaner also gets rid of pet stains from your floor with ease. One thing you should note is that the cleaning process is slow, but that is how you should clean your carpet.
Why clean the floor slowly? A slow pace ensures that the brush gets the job done the right way. The cleaner also collects the cleaning solution and water to avoid leaving residue behind.
Besides, the machine ensures that your carpet dries within 60 minutes if you use the express clean mode.
Bissell ProHeat 2X Cheers and Jeers
Bissell 2x Revolution is rated as an innovative vacuum because of its amazing features as well as versatile functionality. The model is gentle on carpets and upholstery, but it also comes to some few shortcomings.
- User-friendliness – It weighs around 17.5 pounds and comes with accessible buttons that make it possible to switch modes easily and quickly.
- Extreme power – The model is quite powerful and doesn’t lose power even when the tank is almost full of debris.
- Low maintenance – You can easily disassemble the cleaner for thorough maintenance and cleaning, plus it is straightforward to assemble it.
- Maneuverability – The cleaner cleans hard-to-access areas, and it is also easy to clean sharp curves and corners (it comes with excellent attachments for that).
- Large capacity – Its tank is quite large, making it possible to accommodate tough messes and stains.
- Quiet – It is one of the most silent machines out there today.
- It wobbles – The large tank wobbles slightly when snapped in place.
- Perfect for small messes – What you should note is that the cleaner is made for cleaning small messes.
ProHeat 2X Facts and Tips
It is almost impossible to know if a vacuum cleaner is worth the money until you buy it and use it. Our review might help you to have an idea of what you should expect from the machine, but there are facts and tips that can even help you to make the right decision.
Here are three critical tips that you should keep in mind when buying the machine:
- The vacuum cleaner comes inside a biodegradable package that contains the manual and the guide of how to set up your vac. It also includes a step-by-step guide for maintaining your vacuum cleaner.
- Although the unit can work with other cleaning solutions, it will provide you with better service if you use cleaners that are recommended by Bissell.
- Some models might come with a 10-inch hose while others have an 8-inch one, a stain trapper tool, and a 3-in-1 stair tool. That will depend on where you buy your cleaner.
The Bissell ProHeat 2X Revolution Pet Po is the right vacuum cleaner for cleaning your carpets. It won’t clean other surfaces, but you can be confident that you will get all the pet hair, dander, and other debris off your rugs and carpets.