UPDATED: Nov 15, 2019.
Coredy R500+ Robot Vacuum was designed for the pet owners to remover dander and hair from their homes. Although it is not very popular like some models, it still ranks among the best in the industry today.
Here is why it is highly rated by people who know about it.
- 1 Coredy R500+ Specifications
- 2 Coredy R500+ Design
- 3 Coredy R500+ Parts and Accessories
- 4 Coredy R500+ Main Features
- 5 How to Maintain Coredy R500+
- 6 Coredy R500+ Pros and Cons
- 7 The Bottom Line
Coredy R500+ Specifications
Coredy R500+ is a compact vacuum cleaner that can vacuum even the tightest of spaces. Here are its specifications:
- Product dimensions: 12.6 x 2.8 x 12.6 inches
- Product weight: 9 pounds
- Batteries: Lithium-ion battery
Coredy R500+ Design
The unit comes with a simple but sophisticated design that makes it attractive to the eyes. With around build, the R500+ is similar to other vacuum cleaners and will reach where most these access.
There is little going on with the design, meaning that you will get only the essentials such as home button and power button. Still, as you will find out from this review, the vacuum has a lot to offer including multi-surface brush roll, two spinning brushes, and more.
The R500+ does boast of an aesthetic that is better than most robot cleaners in its class. That means you get a black and blue colored vacuum cleaner, with a white logo, instead of a traditional black machine.
Coredy R500+ Parts and Accessories
In terms of accessories and parts, you can expect to get the following extras when you buy this vacuum cleaner.
The model comes with an extra HEPA filter that you can use to replace the already-installed one. That means you won’t need to spend your money any time soon to get a replacement one.
Vacuum Spinning Brushes
The R500+ package comes with 4 spinning brushes. You can install two right away and leave the rest for replacement when the other gets damaged.
A standard charging base is provided for the R500+. Your robot cleaner can get to this base and recharge once it has completed the cleaning.
Coredy R500+ Main Features
The robot does not come with a lot of features, but you will get all the critical specs that will make vacuuming possible.
The R500+ comes with a remote control that lets you press buttons without touching the cleaner. That means you don’t need to reach the vacuum when you want to start it.
You can do a lot of things with the remote such as controlling the machine’s movement and set cleaning time. Besides, you can choose the cleaning mode to ensure that you clean your floor effectively.
One of the best features of this vacuum cleaner is the ability to schedule the cleaning time. For instance, you can set the cleaner to vacuum your house daily at 1:00 pm.
Without even starting the robot, it will get out of the charging base and begin to clean your home when 1:00 pm strikes.
The cleaner provides above-average cleaning performance. It might encounter some issues when cleaning, but these cannot impact its overall performance.
- Hardwood floor cleaning – The cleaner does a great job when cleaning your hardwood floors. It can easily clean all the debris on these floors to leave them shinier than before.
- Low pile carpet cleaning – Cleaning abilities on these carpets is similar to cleaning hardwood floors. Overall, you can expect to remove all the dust from your carpet to make it clean.
- High pile carpet cleaning – Most robot cleaners do below average cleaning of high pile carpets, and that is true for the R500+. The cleaner struggles when cleaning this kind of carpet, although it will remove some dirt.
Maneuverability and Usability
Maneuverability and usability of the Coredy R500+ are both fantastic. For you to have a natural cleaning time, you need to know how to use this cleaner:
- Turn the robot on using the buttons on the unit or the remote control
- Let it move around your house as it does the cleaning
- If it is new, you might need to install the spinning brushes and leave it to change before you start to clean.
It cannot get much easier than that since the robot vacuum cleaner moves around the house in search of debris and dirt.
The robot does not map your house, so it cannot memorize the floor. With that said, it offers 120 minutes of cleaning to ensure that it covers every corner of your home.
It might clean one spot more than once, but you can be sure that it will cover the whole house.
Coredy R500+ comes with a reliable 2600 mAh lithium-ion battery that lets it run for 120 minutes. Besides, the battery recharges within 5 hours to ensure that you get time to clean your house.
The best part is that you don’t need to take the vacuum cleaner to the charging base when the battery needs to be recharged – it does automatically.
The R500+ supports a variety of cleaning functionalities such as wet/dry floor, auto, spot, edge, and max vacuuming modes. Its 12 infrared sensors, as well as pressure-sensitive bumper, come in handy to improve its navigation.
Also, it features an exclusive V-shaped rubber roll brush that provides tangle-free cleaning. There is also a 550ml dust bin, 300ml water tank, and a dual-layered filter system.
How to Maintain Coredy R500+
Maintaining the robot cleaner is painless and quick. You need to do these things:
- Change the filter when they get damaged
- Clean the brush roll to remove tangles hairs
- Empty the dust bin regularly
Coredy R500+ Pros and Cons
The vacuum cleaner has more pros than cons. Some of its significant benefits include:
- Comes with replacement filters and brushes
- Easy to maintain the robot
- Perfect for cleaning pet hair
- Very affordable
Its shortcomings include:
- Not for high profile carpet cleaning
- From a less-known brand
The Bottom Line
The Coredy R500+ is a reputable robotic vacuum cleaner that will provide value for your money. Yes, it might have a few shortcomings, but it will vacuum your home effectively to leave it spotlessly clean.