UPDATED: Nov 15, 2019.
The Hoover FH52000 Smartwash Automatic Carpet Cleaner is highly-rated by customers. Although it might have some minor issues, it still offers some great features as you will see from this review.
- 1 Hoover FH52000 Specs
- 2 Hoover SmartWash Main Features
- 3 Hoover FH52000 Special Features
- 4 Hoover SmartWash Usability
- 5 Hoover FH52000 Features Summary
- 6 Hoover SmartWash Pros and Cons
- 7 Final Comment
Hoover FH52000 Specs
The vacuum cleaner comes with great features as you can see them below:
- Production dimensions: 18.9 x 13 x 43.5 inches
- Item weight: 18.5 pound
- Hose: 8 Inches
- Power: Corded machine
Hoover SmartWash Main Features
Hoover FH52000 comes with a lot of great features that make it a superb cleaner for your home. They include the following:
As a carpet cleaner, the vacuum’s efficiency depends on how well you use to shampoo your surface. That means you get a powerful motor that provides strong suction for delivering the liquid.
Also, there is a brush roll that loosens up dirt in your carpet. The cleaning power is further enhanced by two brush rolls that revolve in the same direction to get rid of all stuck in debris.
Its bristles are well-arranged and more prolonged than of most vacuum cleaners today to ensure that you clean all kinds of carpets with it.
The cleaner plugs into a standard 120V outlet and uses 1200w. Although this power is a bit high, it necessary to make sure that you get powerful suction for sucking up all the dirt.
Besides, the vacuum comes with a long 22 feet power cord that lets you clean a wide radius.
Since the device doesn’t clean dry debris or dirt, the SmartWash does not come with a bag or a dust bin. Instead, it sprays water on your carpet and then sucks it, together with dirt, into a tank.
The unit comes with a 1-gallon tank that will ensure you clean for long without taking a break. Also, the clean water tank holds 1-gallon of water, and there is a 20-ouch tank for cleaning detergent.
The machine comes with a filter that is located on the tank for carrying the dirty water. You don’t need to maintain this filter – wipe it clean, and it will be ready for use.
Hoover provides a 5 years warranty for its SmartWash FH52000. That means you are well covered when it comes to artistry and parts.
You won’t get a lot of accessories when you purchase this carpet cleaner. However, you will receive an 8 feet hose, a single bottle of cleaning shampoo, and a 2-in-1 pet tool.
There is also a storage bag that you can use to keep your machine safe and a user manual. You can order the following parts if you want your cleaner to be more versatile:
- A SpinScrub attachment – for removing stains and spots on your carpets
- A stair tool – for shampooing the stair’s carpet
- A crevice tool – for cleaning narrow areas
Hoover FH52000 Special Features
Hoover made a carpet cleaner that is unrivaled on the market today. Hence, they added special features such as:
The auto mix ensures that you add water and solution to their respective tanks without measuring anything. It mixes the solution automatically.
That means you can be confident you will use the right cleaning mixture that won’t let to a wet or foamy carpet.
Another unique feature is the auto clean that lets you alternate between cleaning and drying your carpet. When you move forward, the cleaning solution will be spayed while the brush removes the dirt and collects it.
On pulling your vacuum back, the machine removes the water on the carpet to dry it out. It is a simple process because you don’t need to press any button to achieve that.
The machine uses 2 types of technologies when drying your carpet. These are:
- Suction – The suction extras water when cleaning your surface.
- Hot air – The vacuum also pushes warm air into the carpet in water is called “HeatForce” drying.
As noted, you only need to pull your cleaner back to activate the two functions.
Hoover SmartWash Usability
The machine doesn’t come with many sections and assembling it is easy. You don’t need any tool to have up ready, plus it will take you less than 5 minutes.
Also, it is quite easy to use the machine thanks to the automatic features of most of its cleaning abilities. You also get a bottle of cleaning detergent to start cleaning instantly when you get your machine.
Another thing, the on/off switch comes as a foot pedal that is located on the side of the unit. There is also a foot lever that you should release when starting your cleaner.
The cleaning process is also straightforward as it involves pushing forward and pulling backwards (as explained above). You can also see the amount of liquid left in the machine due to the transparent nozzle.
It is also straightforward to remove the nozzle and brush roll when you want to clean them.
Hoover FH52000 Features Summary
What you get from the vacuum cleaner is:
- A triggerless operation – There is no trigger to push when cleaning your carpet; only a comfortable handle.
- Dual brush roll – These brushes offer an extended rubber and helical design to guarantee effective cleaning.
- Low profile – The cleaner can access under the furniture to ensure that your house is thoroughly cleaned.
- Separate tanks – You don’t need to keep on replacing the water since the dirt won’t mix with the cleaning water.
- 12 Inches cleaning path – That means you cover more ground with every pass you make.
- 8 feet hose – You can clean a wide radius thanks to the long hose.
Hoover SmartWash Pros and Cons
Some of the significant merits of Hoover smartWash include:
- A strong suction power
- Auto cleaning and drying
- Automatic liquid mixing
- Dual brush rolls for deep cleaning
- Separate dirt and water tanks, plus a shampoo tank
In terms of demerits, they include:
- A small water tank
- No manual detergent control
With most people finding it hard to operate a carpet cleaner, the Hoover SmartWash is an excellent choice since it is an automatic machine. You don’t need to worry about mixing the liquid, cleaning, or drying your carpet.