There are a lot of things that can make your above ground pool come out badly installed. One common issue if having creases in the liner. Another one is when your pool’s uprights aren’t vertical or are misshaped.
But the most common one is the shortcoming of DIY that makes the ground to be uneven. Your swimming pool bottom can be unleveled, lumpy, off level, rough, rocky, or even foot printy. Actually, some people bypass the physically demanding, but vital, step of getting rid of the sod.
Getting your pool at least somehow level without draining it can be hard, but it is worth your time and effort. That’s why we want to teach you how to fix an unlevel pool without draining it.
Things You Might Need
There are a couple of things that you will need to level your above ground pool. They include the following few things:
- Garden hose
Tip: Ensure that you work diligently and slowly to have a level surface; it will affect the integrity of your above ground swimming pool.
Steps of Leveling Your Pool
If your swimming pool is off just a few inches than it should be, you can easily level it without taking it down, but it isn’t an easy job. Most professional installers even don’t know how to go about it – so, always remember that.
- Drain your swimming pool (just a little bit) – The first thing is to drain your pool using a garden hose until a certain level; preferably half way. Note that it will be even harder to level a full pool than a half-empty one.
- Put on your gloves – Put on your gloves and other protective gears.
- Remove the leveling blocks – Remove the leveling slabs from under the pool (uprights) on the lowest side of the uneven pool.
- Pry up the wall – Using your shovel, pry up the wall of the pool from every bottom connector to the right level.
- Reinstall the blocks – Return the blocks that you hard removed (knock them using your hammer to enter the space).
- Repeat the process – Repeat the process around all the low side of your above ground swimming pool.
- Pack earth – After you are done, add and pack soil under the pool where you have lifted the wall. You can easily do this by adding soil (use your wheelbarrow to bring the soil).
- Refill the pool – Lastly, refill your swimming pool and pray that you packed the surface well.
Warning: Do not lower the high part or side of your swimming pool. It is a bit complicated. Also, do not try to level a completely off-level swimming pool.
That is how to fix an unlevel pool without draining it. Usually, severely, unleveled pools need to be taken down, leveled appropriately, and then reinstalled. But that always call for more time, effort, and money.
We hope you can now level your above ground pool with ease and have a great time relaxing in a level facility.