UPDATED: Jan 05, 2020.
Sometimes you want to clean your surfaces without taking much time or going through a lot of hassle. That is what you get from the ILIFE V5s Pro Robot Vacuum Mop Cleaner.
The model is price-friendly and comes with all the features that you would require from a vacuum cleaner or mop. Today, we will explore the ins and outs of the robot to ensure that you get an idea of what you would get if you decided to but this machine.
ILIFE V5s Specifications
There are a lot of specifications that you should know about this unit, but the main ones are:
- Product dimensions: 11.8 x 11.8 x 3 inches
- Product weight: 4.9 pounds
- Manufacturer: ILIFE Limited
- Item model number: ILIFEV5SP01
- Battery: Lithium-ion batteries
Inside and Outside the Robot Cleaner
The machine comes with a lot of things that you should know about before you buy it.
Inside of the ILIFEV5s
Its interior has the following things:
- A bottom cover that protects the interior features
- A battery cover that protects the lithium-ion cell
- A water reservoir for wet mopping
- A suck passage for vacuuming
- Two-filter for collecting large dirt
- Cleaning brushes on the right and left side
- 65mm wheels on the left and right side and a nose wheel for steady movement
The exterior of the ILIFEV5s
Its outside has the following things:
- A clean button
- A power switch
There are also front bumpers that protect and prevent the robot from knocking the walls and furniture when it cleans.
Four Cleaning Modes
The model provides four cleaning settings that make it possible to customize your cleaning. They are:
- Auto-cleaning – You can choose this method if you want to clean your entire room. The robot will vary its cleaning power when it moves from areas to areas, according to the dust and dirt it comes across.
- Edge cleaning – Another setting you can choose is edge mode that helps you to clean the edges and corners. You can be confident that the machine will wash the walls.
- Spot cleaning – What this does is to clean a specific spot – an area with a stain or more dirt.
- Schedule cleaning – Lastly, you can schedule your cleaner to wash when you are away when you choose this mode.
The above settings make this robot cleaner to be a good value for your money.
Cleans Hard Floors and Carpets
Just like the best robots, the V5s is a time-saving machine when it comes to cleaning pet hair, spills, dirt, dust, and other messes. However, the unit is unique since it lets you switch from vac to mop.
What is even more special is the versatility it provides you. It was made to clean marble, vinyl, hardwood, laminate, tile, linoleum, and all types of hard surfaces. Besides, it can easily clean low pile carpets – it can get stuck on high pile ones.
The machine is quite powerful, straightforward taking up hairballs, crumbs, dust, and debris from these floors. And it comes with a canister of 0.3L that holds sufficient trash to let you clean for long.
If you want more power, you can choose the Max Mode that provides 5x more suctioning ability. That can make your cleaner to work more efficiently in dusty surfaces such as big messes and under beds.
When switching to the mop, you should attach the mop bracket as well as the microfiber mop material to the unit. That means you should remove the canister and add a water tank. It comes with a massive reservoir of 300mL that can let it clean for 80 minutes.
The mop mode doesn’t require the use of detergent and features i-dropping tech that releases the water. There are two nozzles that spray the mop with the water to make it wet and only releases the liquid when the machine is moving.
Therefore, there is no chance that your hard floors can get damaged by water. The cleaner works quietly when cleaning your carpet or hard surfaces.
Advanced Sensors for Intelligence
The robot vacuum and mop comes with the latest sensors that provide it with an upgraded intelligent. Among them are:
- Anti-fall sensors – They sense and avoid the stairs. Sadly, the sensors cannot recognize any step that is over 10mm wide.
- Anti-collision sensors – These sensors detect and avoid any obstacle on the surface like toys and furniture. You should remove cords, clothes, and other items from the floor.
The cleaner also boasts of automatic returns that enable it to return to its charging station when it is done with the cleaning. Thus, it is an intelligent vacuum mop that cannot be matched by its rivals.
ILIFEV5s Maintenance Tips
While the machine will vacuum and mop your floors, you still need to maintain it. Among the parts that need your help include:
- Front-wheel – You should clean any debris or hair that might get stuck on this wheel.
- Side brushes – Also, clean dirt and hair from these brushes and even replace them when they get worn out.
- Suck passage – You should ensure that no material can clog this passage.
- Dust canister and filter – Tap the dirt from the filter and clean the dust in the bin regularly. Also, replace the filter within six months.
- Auto charging pins – You should wipe them with dry material.
- Base – Also, wipe the charging base with a dry cloth.
- Sensors – The sensors should also be cleaned with a soft, dry material.
It is critical to maintain your machine since small dirt can affect its performance.
Pros of ILIFEV5s Pro
Here are its benefits:
- The unit easily clean under furniture
- It comes with powerful suction
- Boasts of dual suction mode
- Able to vacuum and mop your floors
- Its battery lasts for a long time
Cons of ILIFEV5s Pro
Its shortcomings include:
- No Wi-Fi connection
- Moves in a random manner
If you want a machine that will leave your home cleaner than before, then the ILIFE V5s Pro Robot Vacuum Mop Cleaner might be what you are looking for. It has all the features of a robot unit and even more.