UPDATED: Jan 07, 2020.
Are you looking to replace your sand filter or do you want to install a new one for your pool? If so, you might be wondering a lot of things about this important part of your pool cleaning system.
That’s why we have decided to look at pool filter sand lowes in this article.
How Pool Sand Filter Lowes Works
Before you even buy a sand filter for your pool you need to know how it works.
- A sand filter works because the individual bits of sand are effective in removing contaminants from the water. These small bits of sand, which are almost uniform in shape and size, are jagged and rough. This means that they can trap bacteria, dirt, and other elements in the water.
- The sand is usually placed in a huge cylindrical or round fiberglass or plastic container. Inside the tank, you can also get plastic manifolds, which resembles long fingers for turning the sand. When the system is operating, these manifolds move the sand around and enable it to be evenly exposed to the pool water that enters the filter.
- The water is drawn through the filter by the pump. This water moves at a reasonable rate via the sand to provide you a reasonable turnover rate and also allow the sand to trap most contaminants.
- As the water leaves the sand filter tank, it will be free of all unwanted elements that ware present before it entered. It is now fresh and ready for use.
Buying A Sand Filter at Lowes
How much does sand filter cost? Their prices often vary depending on various factors.
- You can easily guess the price of a sand filter depending on the size and model of the filter. Smaller filters can cost around $150 to $300 while the more expensive models can cost about $800 and more.
- Additionally, the brand you choose will heavily affect the price. Just like other products, buying a more expensive brand means you will need to pay more, but it might be cheaper in the long run when it comes to durability and service.
- Ensure that you determine the price of your filter system when you are looking at the price of your preferred sand filter.
Size of Sand Filters
These units come in various sizes. So, ensure you understand the best size for your swimming pool.
- The filters are measured according to the water they can clean and the amount of water in your pool.
- From there, get a filter that can clean a bigger pool that what you own. Additionally, an above ground pool will require a bigger filter than an in-ground model.
Your pool sand filter lowes’ instruction manual can inform you precisely the amount of sand you should use in your system. In case you didn’t receive the manual, you can contact the seller or manufacturer to provide this vital information. The majority of this unit will require over 50 lbs. of sand up to about 300 lbs.