A pool pump is an essential part of a swimming pool. It is a critical accessory that is needed to ensure that your pool remains clean without any hygiene issues.
You can get into many problems if your pool doesn’t have a pool pump. But there are many models on the market today.
How do you choose the best pool pump for your facility? Here I have compiled the best pool pump reviews consumer reports to show you what you should look for.
- 1 Review of Pool Pumps – Top 7 Models for 2020
- 1.1 1. XtremePowerUS 2HP Inground Pool Pump
- 1.2 2. SUNCOO 2HP Dual Volt Inground Above Ground Pool Pump
- 1.3 3. Gecko Alliance Auqa-Flo 06120500-2040 Flo-Master XP2 2HP High-Performance Pump
- 1.4 4. SUNCOO Swimming Pool Pump Electric 2HP Portable Pool Pump Motor
- 1.5 5. Happybuy Water Heater Thermostat
- 1.6 6. Regal Beloit America – EPC ECM16SQU Pool Pump
- 1.7 7. Pentair 340043 SuperFlow High-Performance Energy Efficient Two Speed Pool Pump
- 2 Conclusion
Review of Pool Pumps – Top 7 Models for 2020
Here are the top seven pool pumps that can keep your swimming pool in good condition and allow the swimmers to swim.
1. XtremePowerUS 2HP Inground Pool Pump
One of my favorite pool pumps is the 2HP Inground Pump by XtremePowerUS. It is a unit that provides some excellent features, as outlined here:
- Powerful pool pump – It is a powerful model that comes with a high-performance motor that ensures the water circulates fast.
- Quiet operation – The system has air-flow ventilation that cools the pump while providing a smooth service.
- Extra-large debris basket – It requires minimal maintenance thanks to the considerable debris basket. You can have more time for swimming and less for emptying the basket.
- Easy connection – The system has 2-inch union connections for discharge and suction ports.
- Versatile – Another great feature of this pool pump is that you can use it for hot tubs, spas, and swimming pools.
- Saves energy – It is a system that was designed to save power and provide a high suction ability. The pump is quite useful.
2. SUNCOO 2HP Dual Volt Inground Above Ground Pool Pump
Another pool pump that you should consider getting is the SUNCOO 2HP Dual Volt unit. It is a system that you can install in an above or inground pool. Here is what it has on offer:
- Self-priming ability – The first feature you should note about this unit is that it is made of quality material and can self-prime.
- Affordable – It is also one of the most affordable pool pumps you can get on the market today. It is cheaper than most models in its class.
- Non-corrosion – Another feature that you should note is that the system is made of stainless steel material that is resistant to corrosion and rust.
- Convenient – That is all possible due to the large filter basket that collects more dirt compared to what other units offer.
- UL certified – It also comes with an UL certificate, meaning that it meets the industry standard when being constructed.
3. Gecko Alliance Auqa-Flo 06120500-2040 Flo-Master XP2 2HP High-Performance Pump
Here is one of the high-performance pumps that you can get on the market today. It is an excellent model that provides unique features like:
- 140 GPM – One feature that makes this unit amazing is the effective flow rate of up to 140 GPM and 1.5 HP. You can be sure that the water will get cleaned withing eight hours to leave it suitable for swimmers.
- Continuous rated HP – Its horsepower is classified as accurate due to the ability to vary from 1.5, 2.0, 2.5, and 3.0.
- 2-Inch Outlets and Inlets – Another feature that you should note about this unit is that it comes with 2-inch outlets and inlets lines.
- 48 frame motors – They guarantee you maximum cost efficiency. The best part is that you can also use 56 frame motors for more efficient and cooler running.
4. SUNCOO Swimming Pool Pump Electric 2HP Portable Pool Pump Motor
I love the SUNCOO Swimming Pool Pump Electric Portable Pool Pump Motor due to its many excellent features. Some of the features that standards out are:
- Advanced engineering – The body of this pump is made of reinforced thermoplastic that provides it with durability and longer life.
- Resistance – It is a pool pump that quickly resists pool chemicals, heat, and other harsh substances that can damage these systems.
- Self-priming – Another notable feature of this unit is the ability to self-prime, and it delivers high-performance to leave your swimming pool clean.
- Convenient design – The lid is clear to allow you to see when the basket is full and needs cleaning.
- Over-sized filter basket – It is a great feature that ensures you continue to swim in your pool for a long time without worrying about the basket getting full of trash.
5. Happybuy Water Heater Thermostat
Here is a pool heater that can also act as a pool pump to circulate the water around. It has been proven to provide a lot of benefits like:
- Stainless steel pipe – The pipe ensures that your heater lasts longer compared to most units on the market today. The tube is resistant to corrosion and rust.
- Automatic heating – It easily start to heat your pool thanks to the thermostat that runs it when the optimum temperature for heating is achieved.
- Safe unit – You can also have peace of mind knowing that you have a reliable heating system due to the thermostat that cuts power when the water is low.
- Adequate circulation – The heater’s pump helps to circulate the water efficiently and ensure that all the water is cleaned and heated before it returns to your pool.
- Easy to install – You can install the system yourself as it comes with all the tools you would need to do that.
6. Regal Beloit America – EPC ECM16SQU Pool Pump
At number six is a pool pump by Regal, and it has been on the market for a while now. It is highly effective and comes with great features. They include:
- Integrated user interface – It lets you set the system and see how it is operating without going through a lot of hassle.
- Timer mode – Another great feature of this pump is the ability to set when it can run and for how long. It is a superb feature that saves you money.
- Manual mode – You can also operate the pool pump manually – that means you can clean your swimming pool when it needs cleaning.
- Freeze protection – The unit was designed to withstand harsh weather conditions and does not freeze quickly.
- Noise-reducing design – You can leave the pump to run during the night and be sure that it won’t cause a disturbance in the neighborhood.
7. Pentair 340043 SuperFlow High-Performance Energy Efficient Two Speed Pool Pump
Pentair is a brand that you can trust on when it comes to offering the best pool pumps for your swimming pool. Its 340043 SuperFlow unit is one of the best and provides the following features:
- UL/CUL/NSF certified – It is a product that meets the industry standards, and you can bet on it to last for years.
- 1½ Horsepower – Another thing about this unit is the ability to provide a reliable horsepower for circulating the water effectively.
- Thick-walled body – The body is made of heavy-duty material and provides your pool pump with the durability it desires to withstand pool conditions.
- Low noise – It comes with a pot and integral volute that help to minimize hydraulic noise.
- For inground pools – It is a system that was designed to be used for all inground pools.
I have reviewed the best pool pumps that you can get from the market today. Choose the model that fits your pool and is within your budget.