UPDATED: May 21, 2019.
Deciding on what are the best pool vacuum hoses for sale can be challenging especially with so many options and choices. Selecting the right pool vacuum hose is all about having the right information regarding quality, functionality, design, and price.
This article reviews the 8 best pool vacuum hoses based on customer reviews, supplier credibility, and overall price and quality.
Top 8 Best Pool Vacuum Hoses Reviews in 2019
Features, benefits, price, service, warranty and reviews, all help in determining the ideal product for your individual needs.
Our guide breaks these products down to their core strengths and weaknesses making purchase decisions a breeze.
Poolmaster 33430 Heavy Duty In-Ground Pool Vacuum Hose with Swivel Cuff, 1-1/2-Inch by 30-Feet
- Variety of sizes available
- It comes with swivel cuffs so that it won’t tangle
- Long enough to be used for big pools
- Can’t be used for automatic vacuuming
- It is difficult to straighten the hose fully
- Some customers found the hose connection a little loose
If you’re looking for a hose that is compatible with all pool vacuums, then this is the one for you. The 30 feet long pool vacuum hose by Poolmaster is an ideal choice if you have a large pool, but it should only be used for manual vacuuming.
It is made of a high-quality plastic material that guarantees durability. The swivel cuff design ensures tangle-free maneuverability and adds strength that prevents the hose from crushing.
U.S. Pool Supply Professional 8 Piece Swimming Pool Vacuum Cleaner Hose
- The sections fit together easily
- Is compatible with most popular vacuum brands
- Can be used for in-ground and above-ground pools or spas
- One-year replacement policy
- Does not coil so takes a lot of storage space
This model from U.S. Pool Supply Professional comes with 8 separate pieces, and each section slips right into one another. It is a 26 feet long hose when all 8 sections are attached together and is designed to fit almost all automatic vacuum cleaners. You can also use the individual pieces as replacements or to add extra length.
Made of premium quality material this hose set will last you a long time. The seller guarantees one-year replacement policy if you’re still not satisfied with the product.
JED Pool Tools 60-345-06 Deluxe Filter Connecting Hose for Swimming Pool, 1-1/2-Inch by 6-Feet
- One of the most affordable vacuum hoses on the market
- Easy to install
- Can be used with a variety of vacuum cleaners
- It will not last you very long
- Can only be used as a connector or replacement
The JED Pool Tool hose is a great buy for when you’re on a budget. Whether you’re looking for a replacement for an old worn out hose or you want to add extra length to your pool vacuum hose this product is perfect, it is only 6 feet long, lightweight and very affordable.
Although the product is not very long lasting the hose does not damage so easily if stored properly.
U.S. Pool Supply 1-1/2″ x 36 Foot Professional Heavy Duty Spiral Wound Swimming Pool Vacuum Hose with Swivel Cuff
- It is made of very durable EVA plastic
- It has a long-lasting shelf life
- Comes with a 3-year warranty
- Swivel cuffs prevent the hose from tangling
- The swivel cuff is very rigid and may get stuck to the connector
- It’s hard to uncoil the hose
The U.S. Pool Supply vacuum hoses are known for its quality and affordability. This vacuum hose is made of highly durable EVA plastic which prevents it from damaging. The swivel connector ensures the hose moves freely and doesn’t entangle.
The hose is long enough to cover large pools and fits any vacuum making it a valuable purchase. It comes with a 3-year warranty so don’t worry about the hassle of buying replacement products.
FibroPRO Professional Swimming Pool Vacuum Hose Spiral Wound 1 1/2″ Diameter with Swivel Cuff
- It is very lightweight
- Comes in different sizes
- It uncoils easily
- Very flexible and easy to store
- The hose will shrink in length when the vacuum is pumping
The FibroPRO Professional hose is a great quality product at an affordable price. The outer walls are made of high-quality materials that prevent it from damaging. Despite its durability and strength, the hose is ultra light making it easy to carry around and store.
Keep in mind that the hose will shrink in length due to the pressure of the vacuum, but it is still long enough to cover an entire pool. The hose does not retain its shape, so it is easy to use and store the product.
Intex Spiral Hose for Pool Filters, 1.5in X 25ft
- The nozzles are re-attachable
- Suitable for all Intex filtration systems
- Extremely lightweight
- Easy to use and store
- Comes in only one size
- The length of the hose is shorter than advertised
The Intex Spiral hose is known for its versatile design which makes it suitable for all Intex filtration systems. The hose is extremely lightweight and very flexible making it tangle-free. This hose is specifically designed for small pools as it only comes in one size.
Even though it comes in one size, you can vary its length according to your needs. It comes with re-attachable nozzles, so if you want you can cut the pipe to your desired length and put the nozzle right back on.
Milliard Pool Vacuum Hose – 5 Hoses for Pool/Spa Cleaners, Perfect Pool Vacuum Extension/Replacement
- Customizable length up to 15 feet
- Very flexible and lightweight
- Compatible with most automatic pool vacuums
- Great for both above and in-ground pools
- The connectors may be a little loose
Vacuum hoses by Milliard are high quality, flexible hoses that wind up easily making storage a lot easier.
This hose is compatible with pool equipment from all known brands, comes in 5 sections that total to 15 feet long when put together.
This product can be customized in length so if your hose is too short or too old Milliard has got you covered. These are great to be used for both above and in-ground pools.
XtremepowerUS Pool Cleaner Hose Baracuda Zodiac G4 Hayward – Turquoise Blue
- These are very affordable
- They are thick and sturdy
- Its length can be customized
- Not compatible with a variety of pool equipment
- Slightly more heavy in weight
These hoses are thicker than similar products on the market but are very sturdy and can last you a long time. The 4 sections fall perfectly in one another and prevent air from getting in. They are great to be used as extensions as the combined length of these attachments may not be sufficient.
However, these hoses are only compatible with a limited variety of pool equipment so make sure these work with your existing equipment before you invest your money.
Things to consider before purchase
Length of Vacuum Hose
Knowing the length of the vacuum hose you require is essential for easy hassle free cleaning. When determining length, it is always a good idea to add a couple of feet to the length of the pool to ensure that the vacuum hose is long enough to reach all parts of your home pool.
Choosing the right type of material for your hose is also crucial to avoid leaks and getting tangled. If your pool has obstacles like stairs, getting a hose that is flexible is crucial. Quality hoses are made from materials like polymer and EV plastic that are more resilient to wear and tear and resistant to chemicals and UV light.
The diameter of the hose plays great importance in the amount of debris and dirt a vacuum hose can suck up without it getting clogged. Diameter is also referred to as width, and we would highly recommend hoses with a diameter of 1.5 inches or more.
The more flexible a vacuum hose is, the easier it is to store and maneuver. Flexible hoses are much better for bigger pools and robotic pool cleaners.
A vacuum hose can’t just be flexible without being durable. Look for high-quality EVA plastic vacuum hoses, that have both great flexibility and durability.
Certain hoses come with a detachability feature that allows you to control the length of the hose. This feature is extremely useful if you are using the hose for different purposes. The design also allows for the easy removal of built-up debris and contaminants within the hose.
What type of warranty is being offered by the manufacturer and on what terms?
It doesn’t matter what vacuum hose you purchase without proper care no vacuum hose can stand the constant abuse from the elements. Flushing out the hose once in a while and making sure it is stored in a concealed place can greatly increase its lifetime.
What is the best vacuum hose for home pools?
After reviewing eight of the best vacuum hoses, it is safe to say that the best vacuum hoses are ones that best suit a customer’s individual needs. It all depends on whether you are looking for something cheap, durable or specific based on particular pool equipment that ultimately justifies the best purchase.
Every vacuum hose on this list has its own unique pros and cons. These vacuum hoses are all designed to suck up all kinds of debris including leaves, algae, dirt, sand, grime, bugs, etc.
All these hoses come with excellent warranty terms, and most of these are made from high-quality EVA plastic material. Forget those leaks and entangled nightmares, order one of these top-of-the-line vacuum hoses and help make pool cleaning a breeze.
Table of Contents
- 1 Top 8 Best Pool Vacuum Hoses Reviews in 2019
- 1.1 Poolmaster 33430 Heavy Duty In-Ground Pool Vacuum Hose with Swivel Cuff, 1-1/2-Inch by 30-Feet
- 1.2 U.S. Pool Supply Professional 8 Piece Swimming Pool Vacuum Cleaner Hose
- 1.3 JED Pool Tools 60-345-06 Deluxe Filter Connecting Hose for Swimming Pool, 1-1/2-Inch by 6-Feet
- 1.4 U.S. Pool Supply 1-1/2″ x 36 Foot Professional Heavy Duty Spiral Wound Swimming Pool Vacuum Hose with Swivel Cuff
- 1.5 FibroPRO Professional Swimming Pool Vacuum Hose Spiral Wound 1 1/2″ Diameter with Swivel Cuff
- 1.6 Intex Spiral Hose for Pool Filters, 1.5in X 25ft
- 1.7 Milliard Pool Vacuum Hose – 5 Hoses for Pool/Spa Cleaners, Perfect Pool Vacuum Extension/Replacement
- 1.8 XtremepowerUS Pool Cleaner Hose Baracuda Zodiac G4 Hayward – Turquoise Blue
- 2 Things to consider before purchase
- 3 What is the best vacuum hose for home pools?